Remember The Asian Abercrombie + Victoria's Secret Model?

Guest CaliforniaSun

Guest vanggirlie

i think she's pretty. she's not the pretty that hits you when you see her but there is something pleasant about her face. plus she has a big enough chest which is probably good for VS.

what's most important is that she's a good person.

you guys should be happy for her.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you know...people on the forum are always talking about "there's not enough Asians in American entertainment!" "Americans won't let Asians be successful!"

but once one does start to make it big, they go and insult them

maybe she's not THE prettiest...but if you're so great, go and try the industry yourself

you need to look on the brighter side of things

That's.......pretty gay. Yet true. I think that's pretty immature to get what you want then complain about it.

And anyways. She's model material. And that's the point...models are different from average woman. DUN DUN DUNNNN....

Guest GibmeAFeedinTube

they will overuse her simply bc she was pinned up to be the asian that gets booked for anything that aims at making ppl think they are using other ethnicities, when really, they are stereotyping. all the opportunities go to her bc they don't want to give chances to ppl who actually go beyond their range of looks for asians. she got thru teh door simply bc they want to token her for her race, not bc she was model material.

should we simply accept her just because there has been very few asians? that's like tellin us we should settle for less simply bc we are nothing? she is obviously judged moreso on how she embodies what they want to see.

i initially liked her but now find it offensive that they are passin her everywhere. she has the exgerrated "exoticness" going on with the make up n all, chest pushups. and the video tells her role in their eyes clearly. i'm actually put off by her.

they will overuse her simply bc she was pinned up to be "the" asian that gets booked for anything they want to include an oriental in. it's not about complaining but something that ppl will notice when she's popping up everywhere. there could be other asians who can get the opportunity but they will only use her bc they don't want to search further or give chances to ppl who look different than what their concept of exotic is.

How do u know?

Crackednut is right, some of u people always complaining.

Geez get a life "Oh she's not pretty enough, there are so many other asians that are prettier"

So picky <_< U should be happy.

and goodness, Nicole from PCD is Half filipino.

Good grief.

i think she pretty...well you know being a model isnt always about being pretty..all that matter is that once the photographer took ur pic u look good....well to me it is away

i think she pretty...well you know being a model isnt always about being pretty..all that matter is that once the photographer took ur pic u look good....well to me it is away

I know, all models arent pretty

but what bugs me is that they only want stick figures

Guest NewsStrive717

CaliforniaSun, stop getting all jealous of these pretty Asian people, you need to get over it. It's sad how you say none of the Asians you've posted are pretty/good-looking. I started to feel sorry for you because of your jealousy. I personally think she's cute and kinda hot. =]

Guest GibmeAFeedinTube

so picky. U should be happy.

um what should i be happy about? that she's asian? are you purely going for ethnicity? how come you're not wrong in that? shouldn't it be quality? you must be used to seein "exotic" asians on tv all the time, so to you its nothing but i sure as hell would like to see more ethereal or classic looks that zooms away from that. the effects of their image plastering can be felt today and actually in turn limits opportunity changes in the future for aspiring models bc they'll have to fit into a mode set up by others.

Guest GibmeAFeedinTube

i'm a photographer myself and agree with the positioning of the subject plays a role in how they come off looking. you don;t have to be the most beautiful person or even natural for that matter to get good portraits. what you are not getting is sometimes its not about making someone pretty, its about molding them into what you want to evoke from ppl. this girl's image is a loud statement about how an asian model should look to them. they don't purposely make her look good as in individual, they decorate her a certain way.

i am merely offering my perspective of why this girl is appearing in many many ads in place of different ppl if they were truly interested in seeing variety.

Guest Childlike Faith

you know...people on the forum are always talking about "there's not enough Asians in American entertainment!" "Americans won't let Asians be successful!"

but once one does start to make it big, they go and insult them

maybe she's not THE prettiest...but if you're so great, go and try the industry yourself

you need to look on the brighter side of things

Go Larissa, lol. Seriously, if you don't think she's pretty, don't post her pictures. :mellow:

I think she's hot. She obviously is, otherwise she wouldn't be modeling for A&F or VS or in Jay-Z's mv. :rolleyes:

Looking exotic has nothing to do with the number of ads she's been in.

There are prettier Asian girls than her, but she's made it in the industry, and ya'll should be proud of her.

Archived