Genre: Mystery

Episodes: 16

Release Date: November 30th, 2020 - January 19th, 2021

Runtime: Mon & Tue @ 21:00 KST

Director: Kim Jung Hyun

Writer: Shin Yoo Dam

Production Company: JS Pictures

Plot

“Night and Day” is described as a suspenseful romantic mystery drama about good and evil. The story will follow the connections between a mystery unfolding in the present and the secrets behind an enigmatic incident that took place in a village 26 years ago.

Seol Hyun has reportedly been offered the role of FBI agent Jamie Layton, while Namgoong Min is said to have been offered the role of the fashion-challenged but brilliant police detective Do Jung Woo.

Cast:

Nam Goong Min as Do Jung Woo

Lee Chung Ah as Jamie Layton

Seol Hyun as Gong Hye Won

Kang Tae Woo as TBA

Other Posters:

Spoiler

BF.24366580.1.jpg

85337222f8abaa031c1d25641ffc2721479704a0

Teaser:

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
  • Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee sin Young joined the cast

Actor Yoon Sun-woo joined 'Day and Night'.drama. He played Namgoong Min`s brother in Stove League. Now they will reunite in another drama.  Nice.

2020041702119_0.jpg

Yoon Sun-woo will transform himself into a secret engineer from 'Day and Night' and bring fun to the play. Although he seems to be a social misfit, he has an obsessive-compulsive disorder , but in fact, he is a person who is performing a secret mission within the portal web MODU.

https://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/04/17/2020041702130.html

• 2 weeks later...

OSEN | 2020. 05. 09. 6:30 AM

Nam Goong Min puts on black suit, grows beard in new selfie

BADA7312-6907-4D6A-B8DE-05FE7FA135E8.jpg

Actor Nam Goong Min oozed his gentle aura in the latest photo update.

On May 9, Nam Goong Min posted a photo on his personal Instagram, captioning, "Hello there."

In the photo, Nam Goong Min is sitting in front of the mirror and attentively looking at the phone screen to take a selfie.

Donning an all-black outfit, Nam Goong Min exudes a gentle charm in the black-and-white photo. The actor also flaunts his masculinity by growing a beard.

On the other hand, Nam Goong Min is starring in the new drama "Day and Night" slated to air on tvN this year.

[OSEN = Reporter Jang Woo Young] /elnino8919@osen.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• 3 weeks later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Day and Night/Awaken, 낮과 밤 - Mon & Tue @21:00 KST - Nam Goong Min & Seol Hyun - Premieres on November 30th

3dbb91298dbc454baf315c19e272c71b.jpeg?s=

Watch: Namgoong Min, AOA’s Seolhyun, Lee Chung Ah, And More Hold Script Reading For New tvN Drama

tvN recently shared photos of the first script reading for its upcoming drama “Awaken” (literal title: “Night and Day”).

“Awaken” is a thriller about an incident that took place in a village 28 years ago that has a connection to mysterious events happening in the present day. It is being directed by Kim Jung Hyun (“Jugglers,” “My Fellow Citizens!“) and written by Shin Yoo Dam (“High-End Crush,” “Gogh, the Starry Night“).

namgoong-min-seolhyun-lee-chung-ah-yoon-

At the script reading were Namgoong Min, AOA’s Seolhyun, Lee Chung Ah, Yoon Sun Woo, Kim Chang Wan, Kim Won Hae, Yoon Kyung Ho, Lee Shin Young, Choi Jin Ho, Baek Ji Won, Choi Dae Chul, and Woo Hyun.

Namgoong Min plays Do Jung Woo, the team leader of a special task force at the National Police Agency. The actor said, “He’s an oddball on the surface, but he’s serious when it comes to solving cases, and he harbors a secret inside. I tried to play him with an ambiguous atmosphere.”

Seolhyun plays Gong Hye Won, a passionate police officer. She said, “Gong Hye Won is bright, cheerful, and isn’t afraid to test her strength. I went to action school in order to prepare for her stunt scenes. She’s such a bright, unpredictable character that I also worked to raise the tone of my voice.”

Lee Chung Ah plays Jamie, an FBI detective who returns to the land of her birth after being adopted as a child. She said, “I’m currently struggling to learn a foreign language. My character has to be more comfortable with speaking English.”

Yoon Sun Woo plays Moon Jae Woong, an engineer with a mysterious background. Kim Chang Wan plays Gong Il Do, Kim Won Hae plays Hwang Byung Chul, Yoon Kyung Ho plays Lee Ji Wook, Lee Shin Young plays Jang Ji Wan, Choi Jin Ho plays Son Min Ho, Baek Ji Won plays Lee Taek Jo, Choi Dae Chul plays Yoon Suk Pil, and Woo Hyun plays Jung Soon Goo.

tvN also shared some snippets from filming, along with video from the script reading. Check it out below.

“Awaken” premieres on November 30.

source

Watch: Namgoong Min Is Unfazed By Danger In 1st Teaser For New Mystery Drama “Awaken”

8c075a19bda0457283cfc45c06202e8c.jpeg?s=

Oct 20, 2020
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “Awaken” has unveiled its first teaser!

“Awaken” is a new murder mystery drama starring Namgoong Min as Do Jung Woo, the eccentric but brilliant team leader of a special task force at the National Police Agency. The drama will follow the connections between a mystery unfolding in the present and the secrets behind an enigmatic incident that took place in a village 28 years ago.

The newly released teaser clip offers a glimpse of Namgoong Min in character as the charismatic Do Jung Woo, who walks into a warehouse with ominously blood-stained hands. As a swarm of police officers suddenly closes in on him, he says in voice-over, “I’ve decided not to believe in gods anymore.”

Despite being surrounded by police and facing a sea of guns pointed directly at him, Do Jung Woo seems completely relaxed as he pulls a lollipop out of his jacket pocket with a smirk. His gaze then turns cold as he faces the camera and asks, “Whose fault is it that I’ve been cast out into the world?”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1432734wpp/watch-namgoong-min-is-unfazed-by-danger-in-1st-teaser-for-new-mystery-drama-awaken

Namgoong Min Is Lost In A Fog Of Mystery In Upcoming tvN Drama “Awaken”

46a4823fe11049329a8f8998e3d029ff.jpeg?s=

Oct 23, 2020
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “Awaken” has revealed its first poster!

“Awaken” is a new murder mystery drama that follows the connections between mysterious events unfolding in the present and the secrets behind an enigmatic incident that took place in a village 28 years ago.

Namgoong Min will be starring in the drama as Do Jung Woo, the eccentric but brilliant team leader of a special task force at the National Police Agency, while AOA‘s Seolhyun will be playing passionate police officer Gong Hye Won. Lee Chung Ah will be starring as FBI agent Jamie, who was adopted as a young child and returns to Korea to solve the serial killer case connected to her lost memories of her childhood from 28 years ago.

On October 23, the upcoming drama released its intriguing first poster, which features Namgoong Min bathed in a hazy glow of twilight that makes it unclear whether the sun is rising or setting. Lost in thought, his character Do Jung Woo looks troubled as he gazes off into the distance, while the poster’s caption reads, “I find myself growing curious. Whether, right now, it’s night or day.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1433249wpp/namgoong-min-is-lost-in-a-fog-of-mystery-in-upcoming-tvn-drama-awaken

Namgoong Min returns to dramaland in tvN’s police mystery Awaken

by tineybeanie

awaken0.jpg

The first teaser for Awaken (formerly Day and Night) has been revealed. The drama is about a 28-year-old village murder case that has relevance to a present-day case unfolding now. Namgoong Min (Stove League) stars as the extremely capable team leader of a special police detective task force.

In the teaser, Namgoong Min strides down a dark abandoned warehouse with blood dripping from his right hand. His narration plays: “I’ve decided I no longer believe in God…” as a SWAT team surrounds him. Cheekily, he reaches into his jacket pocket, and their weapons go up, trained on him. He takes out a pink lollipop and begins licking with a cocky confidence, and the narration ends: “So whose fault is it for throw me into the world?”

I have so many questions: Who hurt his bloodied hand? Why is Namgoong Min’s character, a policeman, going up against the police SWAT team? What made him think aggravating the SWAT team by taking out a lollipop was a good idea? Hopefully, these will all be answered by the drama later this year.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/10/namgoong-min-returns-in-tvns-police-mystery-awaken/

Watch: Namgoong Min, Seolhyun, And Lee Chung Ah Share Frightening Confrontations In New Drama “Awaken” Teasers

aef989cfd39d499c9a20758e6f63caf8.jpeg?s=

Oct 26, 2020
by S. Nam

tvN’s upcoming drama “Awaken” released new teasers starring Namgoong Min, AOA’s Seolhyun, and Lee Chung Ah!

“Awaken” is a new murder mystery drama that follows the connections between mysterious events unfolding in the present and the secrets behind an enigmatic incident that took place in a village 28 years ago.

Namgoong Min will be starring in the drama as Do Jung Woo, the eccentric but brilliant team leader of a special task force at the National Police Agency, while AOA’s Seolhyun will be playing passionate police officer Gong Hye Won. Lee Chung Ah will be starring as FBI agent Jamie, who was adopted as a young child and returns to Korea to solve the serial killer case connected to her lost memories of her childhood from 28 years ago.

In the first new teaser, Jamie uses the light from her phone to search an abandoned building. Eventually, she discovers young children dressed in white passed out on the ground. Jamie finds herself standing at the center of the fallen children, and with a wall separating her from Do Jung Woo, the two exchange gazes of doubt, suspicion, and fear. Through a voiceover, Jamie wonders, “The answer I’ve been looking for, is it with you?”

In another teaser, Gong Hye Won slowly approaches Do Jung Woo, who is surrounded by the police, with a gun in her hand. Pointing her gun towards Do Jung Woo, her voiceover comments, “I’ve liked this person from the beginning. Between good and evil, I wonder what came first.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1433802wpp/watch-namgoong-min-seolhyun-and-lee-chung-ah-share-frightening-confrontations-in-new-drama-awaken-teasers

Namgoong Min Transforms Into Charismatic Detective In New Drama “Awaken”

7013c7815e2d43599f87c85f11ef3e66.jpeg?s=

Nov 3, 2020
by L. Kim

The upcoming tvN drama “Awaken” has released new stills of Namgoong Min!

Namgoong Min will be starring in the drama as Do Jung Woo, the eccentric but brilliant team leader of a special task force at the National Police Agency. The actor previously described his character as “an oddball on the surface who is serious when it comes to solving cases but harbors a mysterious secret.”

In the new stills, Namgoong Min gets into character as the peculiar and charismatic Do Jung Woo. The actor made a 180-degree transformation with his new role, and his bizarre hairstyle is especially eye-catching. His rugged image is further enhanced by his shaggy beard, leather jacket, and sly eyes. He calmly sucks on a lollipop as he faces trouble, but when it’s time for him to make the calls, his gaze turns serious and sharp.

namgoong-min-2.jpg

@JilliaThank you! I'm looking forward to seeing some actual footage from the drama soon rather than these mysterious teasers. 

Nam Goong Min is really good-looking in the new released pictures even though his character is supposed to be a badly dressed oddball:lol: 

Archived