[Drama 2020/2021] Day and Night/Awaken, 낮과 밤

taskdramafanatic

They are siblings. It's true. The writer ruined everything. 

Now I wonder whether this is how the story was supposed to go. 

Did the writer change it according to the actors ?

If the writer really changed the story for the actors, maybe that's why the story became a mess. 

Maybe this was not how the story was supposed to go.

I really didn't want JW and Jaime to be siblings, but it's true.

I have no other option but to accept it.

And now after watching the live stream it's seems hye won is getting more time than Jaime.

Jaime is more like a Cameo in each episode.

Isn't Jaime supposed to help JW, since she is from WNV. But now it's all hye won and JW show.

And in the last scene of today's episode the villians got hye won and was ready to hold her hostage.

Now the writer is saying that hye won is JW weakness.

That certainly doesn't make much sense. Jaime is now JW's sibling and logically he is supposed to save and protect her . What does the writer want from this story?

Anyway the next episode seems really intense. Now I am damn sure JW won't survive this.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dev11O said:

They are siblings. It's true. The writer ruined everything. 

Now I wonder whether this is how the story was supposed to go. 

Did the writer change it according to the actors ?

If the writer really changed the story for the actors, maybe that's why the story became a mess. 

Maybe this was not how the story was supposed to go.

I really didn't want JW and Jaime to be siblings, but it's true.

I have no other option but to accept it.

And now after watching the live stream it's seems hye won is getting more time than Jaime.

Jaime is more like a Cameo in each episode.

Isn't Jaime supposed to help JW, since she is from WNV. But now it's all hye won and JW show.

And in the last scene of today's episode the villians got hye won and was ready to hold her hostage.

Now the writer is saying that hye won is JW weakness.

That certainly doesn't make much sense. Jaime is now JW's sibling and logically he is supposed to save and protect her . What does the writer want from this story?

Was really excited for this episode since ep 12 ended but this one really disappointed me a lot. How the hell did the writer came up with a poor character development of Jamie? Good for Han Ye Seul for dropping this drama! I have nothing more to say coz I’m so annoyed. Btw, do you know what Jae Woong was doing after the altercation? He was almost teary eyed speaking to his hyung about Jamie and Jung Woo. 

29 minutes ago, x_x___chi said:

Was really excited for this episode since ep 12 ended but this one really disappointed me a lot. How the hell did the writer came up with a poor character development of Jamie? Good for Han Ye Seul for dropping this drama! I have nothing more to say coz I’m so annoyed. Btw, do you know what Jae Woong was doing after the altercation? He was almost teary eyed speaking to his hyung about Jamie and Jung Woo. 

I don't know what they were talking about. I don't have that much knowledge in understanding korean. I can only understand few things. It seems the misunderstanding is still not cleared ..

Maybe jae woong will help JW to finish this. That seems like a logical conclusion for jae woong.

8 minutes ago, Dev11O said:

I don't know what they were talking about. I don't have that much knowledge in understanding korean. I can only understand few things. It seems the misunderstanding is still not cleared ..

Maybe jae woong will help JW to finish this. That seems like a logical conclusion for jae woong.

Thanks still. I am also just listening to the key words since my korean is not that comprehensive. It violated me that Jamie isn’t even in the preview of tomorrow’s episode. It’s like they let this poor plot twist get revealed and she’s now out of camera contention.

I think they will let her character focus now more on Jae Woong since honestly, she has more connection to him than anyone else in the drama and he’s still a villain up to this point. I will just continue skipping scenes like I used to do ever since I got annoyed at this drama’s pacing. 

9 minutes ago, x_x___chi said:

Thanks still. I am also just listening to the key words since my korean is not that comprehensive. It violated me that Jamie isn’t even in the preview of tomorrow’s episode. It’s like they let this poor plot twist get revealed and she’s now out of camera contention.

I think they will let her character focus now more on Jae Woong since honestly, she has more connection to him than anyone else in the drama and he’s still a villain up to this point. I will just continue skipping scenes like I used to do ever since I got annoyed at this drama’s pacing. 

Same I got really annoyed like WHERE'S JAMIE HELLO?!???!

I've foreseen the siblings plot twist coming and just maybe if LCA and NGM did not have that much chemistry we would have accepted it better but still... 

6 minutes ago, Dev11O said:

I honestly don't want to continue this drama now but I will have to finish it. I am doing this sacrifice only for NGM . 

The writer had a good theme. Now it's a mess. I don't even wanna talk about this.

I agree its dragging out too long and everything's kinda in a standstill of mess and I absolutely hate how jamie is sidelined.

Spoiler

So watched ep 14, hye won was saved by JW with the help of old man. They put a tracker on hye won so JW location was found out but he escaped with hye won and old man after defeating the soilders.

JW went to the deputy chief lady for help. JW offered money and she was ready to help.

Hye won found JW is the architect.

Jae woong killed his bad hyung for betraying him.

Jaime and the team went to arrest jae woong but they found bad Hyung dead body.

Jae woong was captured by the foundation and JW came there to save him but it was all a trap by foundation. The crazy scientist lady injected the rest of the medicine which was used on the JW when he was a child for experiments.

Jae woong was also injected it.

The next preview shows JW condition worsening because of the drug injected.

And from the preview I guess hye won dad could become better for her. He may change sides and join JW.

After watching ep 14, even though the plot is moving fast it's feels like something is missing.

The blue house guy has created a new identity and living a lie by hiding. He is waiting to kill his son, so he could get his son's identity.

What a great father!

After today's episode I feel like the crazy scientist lady is really JW's mom. She is not just obsessed.

If I am right we got a great mother too.

She is just not crazy, she is something more horrible.Using your own kid as test subject for experiments.

This new serum they injected,maybe it could help JW cure his brain problem. I don't want the serum to make his illness worse. He really doesn't have much time.

Not even a single person in this drama is right.

Everyone has there own motives.

Jae woong is not gonna survive this, that's for sure.

I just want JW to be safe.

I don't care if he gets his job back or goes on a date with hye won.

I hope they can save JW, and maybe the old man could create a new identity for him, so he can live peacefully.

10 minutes ago, Dev11O said:

After today's episode I feel like the crazy scientist lady is really JW's mom. She is not just obsessed.

If I am right we got a great mother too.

She is just not crazy, she is something more horrible.Using your own kid as test subject for experiments.

Sorry to cut your post...

You are right...In that last scene, I expected JW to be angry but he looked somehow sad...

6 hours ago, Dev11O said:

Does that mean she is also Jamie's mother? 

But she was never interested in Jamie. Makes me think the sibling plot was later added. 

I suspect they are doing the absolute most to take Jamie out of the picture as love interest -and really put her out of focus as much as possible.For whatever reason the show runners/writer have changed the planned story line to make Seol Hyun the female focus. Maybe They want to please And promote  the Idol and her rabid fans above producing a quality Drama that makes sense?   Had Han Ye Seul been Jamie Layton she would have stopped that foolishness because she has the industry power But here we are. 

All my opinion of course. 

Also, is this the worst rated show of NGMs career as a ML? I feel like it might be. 

Since they already established JW and Jaime are twins, if the crazy scientist lady is really JW's mom then, she is Jaime's mom also.

Maybe in her experiments only JW always showed high and positive results. That's why she is obsessed with him. She thinks of him as the key to cracking this formula.

4 hours ago, RobinM said:

I suspect they are doing the absolute most to take Jamie out of the picture as love interest -and really put her out of focus as much as possible.For whatever reason the show runners/writer have changed the planned story line to make Seol Hyun the female focus. Maybe They want to please And promote  the Idol and her rabid fans above producing a quality Drama that makes sense?  Had Han Ye Seul been Jamie Layton she would have stopped that foolishness because she has the industry power But here we are. 

All my opinion of course. 

I also felt like that, did the writer change the plot according to the actors, Maybe that's why the plot became a mess.

I felt something off about the character development of Jaime nowadays after watching these latest episodes.

It's so obvious that the writer made it all into JW and hye won show.

Hye won is only involved because of her father. She is interested in JW, that interest is what keeps her going. I really don't have problem with her helping JW or randomly showing their love scenes. I feel that Jaime should also be present along with hye won to help JW.

I wonder why Jaime is not involved, she is one of the kids from the village and JW'S sister.

Nowadays in each episode she has become more like a cameo.

In that fight scene they are both equally strong.

But, I think Jungwoo has  more power.

EredWZJWMAEG9oY?format=jpg&name=large

TvN

Im a little disappointed how Jung Woo and Jae  Woong  easily fell into the trap.

They underestimated the foundation.

I hope Jung Woo and that thug made  some plan.

I want them to be a team.

The storytelling is a mess. But I do believe that Jung Woo has plan B and C with the senior guy who helps him. He and that other guy, who was also from the White Night Village, the driver of Oh Jung Hwan, may have devised a plan to counter the moves of OJH, who seems to be the missing military guy from the WNV. Many believed that he was dead. The driver may have shot him with an antidote or something, and they are just playacting so Jung Hwan will not realize that something is amiss.

In one of the late episodes, the skin on his back below the nape was shown as shriveled and wrinkled, then became taut and smooth again after taking the drug. In Ep. 14, he told the crazed female scientist that he was aging faster and close to running out of the anti-ageing drug. He again showed it when he folded his sleeve to look at his right arm with its liver spots and wrinkled skin. The scientist mentioned that he has to take the drug every six hours now and failure to do so will exponentially accelerate his aging process. Did he really want to take the identity of his son, or he needs his son for another reason?

My personal observations:

It's a pity the Jamie is not given a meatier part in the drama, and her scenes are always contemplative and slow-moving, like she's walking in her dreams. Her character is supposed to have a brilliant mind, but the actress's portrayal is so laid-back. I would have preferred if she showed alertness and better facial expressions, even if she lacks the strength and the brawn of Hye Won. In her scenes, she either looks spaced out or sleepy.

Seol Hyun has blank stares but her fight scenes are all right. But I noticed that she has a difficult time closing her mouth, because her upper lip goes up. It may be due to the surgeries/botox injections done to her face. When she becomes conscious that her mouth is open, she lowers her upper lip but the mouth does not close properly.

I am not a fan of Nam Gongmin, but I liked his performance in The Girl Who Sees Smell and Doctor Prisoner. In Awaken, there was some intensity but the facial expressions is almost similar to the expressions of Hye Won's dad and the ajusshi, Jung Soon Gu, who manufactures drugs. Jung Woo ignores his drug-making business because he can make his pain killer-laced lollipops there - the pink lollies that he pops into his mouth often. I guess he makes the dosage higher so his pain tolerance will increase.

Two more episodes to endure before we say goodbye to the drama. Thanks chingus and see you again.

Archived