[Drama 2020/2021] Day and Night/Awaken, 낮과 밤

taskdramafanatic

Namgoong Min Is A Mystery That AOA’s Seolhyun And Lee Chung Ah Are Trying To Solve In Upcoming Drama “Awaken”

feb4a29eb429415eb2e1365b05c96fbc.jpeg?s=

Nov 5, 2020
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “Awaken” has unveiled its main poster!

“Awaken” is a new murder mystery drama that will follow the connections between mysterious events unfolding in the present and the secrets behind an enigmatic incident that took place in a village 28 years ago.

Namgoong Min will be starring in the drama as Do Jung Woo, the eccentric but brilliant team leader of a special task force at the National Police Agency, while AOA’s Seolhyun will be playing passionate police officer Gong Hye Won. Lee Chung Ah will be starring as FBI agent Jamie, who was adopted as a young child and returns to Korea to solve the serial killer case connected to her lost memories of her childhood from 28 years ago.

On November 5, the upcoming drama released the “daytime” version of its main poster, which offers a glimpse of the tense dynamics between its three leads. Namgoong Min exudes an intimidating aura as the secretive Do Jung Woo, who holds the key to a mystery that both Gong Hye Won and Jamie wish to solve. Despite looking relaxed with his hands tucked comfortably into his pockets, the detective’s steely gaze hints that he is a force to be reckoned with.

Just as he stands at the center of the drama’s mystery, Do Jung Woo stands at the center of the poster as both Gong Hye Won and Jamie keep their eyes fixed on him. However, even though the detective has both women’s attention, there is a noticeably different look in the two characters’ eyes as they watch him: there is a slight tinge of sorrow in Gong Hye Won’s gaze, while Jamie’s eyes are full of suspicion.

The producers of “Awaken” commented, “The main poster captures the prelude to the entangled relationships between Namgoong Min, Seolhyun, and Lee Chung Ah. We also tried to pique curiosity about Namgoong Min’s mysterious identity, which is currently veiled in secrecy"

Awaken.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1435919wpp/namgoong-min-is-a-mystery-that-aoas-seolhyun-and-lee-chung-ah-are-trying-to-solve-in-upcoming-drama-awaken

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Chung Ah Stumbles Upon Secrets From Her Forgotten Childhood In Upcoming Drama “Awaken”

Nov 6, 2020
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “Awaken” has unveiled a sneak peek of Lee Chung Ah in character!

“Awaken” is a new murder mystery drama that will follow the connections between mysterious events unfolding in the present and the secrets behind an enigmatic incident that took place in a village 28 years ago. Namgoong Min will star as Do Jung Woo, the eccentric but brilliant team leader of a special task force at the National Police Agency.

Lee Chung Ah will star in the drama as FBI agent Jamie, who was adopted by parents in the United States as a young child. After returning to Korea to solve a serial killer case, she finds herself unexpectedly uncovering secrets connected to her lost memories of her childhood from 28 years ago.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Lee Chung Ah exudes confidence and poise as her character Jamie, whose steely gaze and composure reveal her inner strength.

Lee-Chung-Ah-2.jpg

The producers of “Awaken” commented, “In the drama, after returning to Korea and beginning to become entangled with Namgoong Min, Lee Chung Ah will come face-to-face with her own forgotten secrets from the past.”

They added, “Lee Chung Ah is currently working passionately to transform into Jamie, and as her character was adopted abroad, she is especially working hard so that she can converse naturally in English. Please look forward to seeing Lee Chung Ah’s explosive charms as the intelligent Jamie.”

“Awaken” will premiere on November 30 at 9 p.m. KST.

In the meantime, watch Lee Chung Ah in her previous drama “VIP” below!

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1436163wpp/lee-chung-ah-stumbles-upon-secrets-from-her-forgotten-childhood-in-upcoming-drama-awaken

Thanks @Jillia The new teaser is so exciting! Love that we finally get some drama footage:grin:

Does anyone know who the guy in the hoodie is at 0:11 in the first trailer and 0:24-0:25 in the second teaser? He looks mysterious and important.

Thanks for the behind the scenes. Love NGM and LCA! ^_^ I am  actually very surprised they actually shot the posters together! I thought they were three separate photographs edited together.

Thanks for the pictures @gm4queen:heart:

Watch: Namgoong Min, Lee Chung Ah, And Seolhyun Get Energized By A Cute Puppy During Filming For “Awaken”

a355c2b7dcde41e6aeab993949b0a20c.jpeg?s=

Nov 13, 2020
by J. K

tvN’s “Awaken” took drama fans behind the scenes of the show’s exciting teasers!

“Awaken” is a murder mystery drama that will follow the connections between mysterious events unfolding in the present and the secrets behind an enigmatic incident that took place in a village 28 years ago.

Namgoong Min kicks off the video as he films his individual scenes in what looks like an abandoned building. He exudes all the confidence and charisma of his character Do Jung Woo, the eccentric and brilliant team leader of a special task force at the National Police Agency.

AOA’s Seolhyun then joins the shoot, playing the passionate police officer Gong Hye Won. They have to film a scene where Do Jung Woo is surrounded by the police, including Gong Hye Won, pointing their guns at him. While they’re cheerful before the scene, the mood on set becomes intense as soon as the cameras are rolling.

Afterward, Namgoong Min teases Seolhyun by saying, “You were going to play a joke, right?” Seolhyun laughs and insists she wasn’t.

Lee Chung Ah later arrives to film her scenes as FBI agent Jamie. Her character was adopted as a young child and returns to Korea to solve the serial killer case connected to her lost memories of her childhood from 28 years ago.

She’s given something to eat by the child actors, but she kindly looks after them and insists that they eat it themselves. After a closeup shot, she charmingly asks if she can do another take.

The video next shows the three stars taking photos for the drama’s posters, which have separate themes of “day” and “night” to fit with the Korean title of the show (“Day and Night”).

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1437753wpp/watch-namgoong-min-lee-chung-ah-and-seolhyun-get-energized-by-a-cute-puppy-during-filming-for-awaken

Watch: Namgoong Min And AOA’s Seolhyun Get Tangled Up In Mysterious Serial Killer Case In “Awaken” Teaser

Nov 13, 2020
by E. Cha
cba4aaa25a1449cfad2c4f3b0e423443.jpeg?s=

tvN’s upcoming drama “Awaken” has released an intriguing new teaser!

“Awaken” is a murder mystery drama that will follow the connections between mysterious events unfolding in the present and the secrets behind an enigmatic incident that took place in a village 28 years ago. 

Namgoong Min will star in the drama as Do Jung Woo, the eccentric but brilliant team leader of a special task force at the National Police Agency, while AOA’s Seolhyun will play passionate police officer Gong Hye Won. Lee Chung Ah will also star in the drama as FBI agent Jamie, who was adopted as a young child and returns to Korea to solve the serial killer case connected to her lost memories of her childhood from 28 years ago.

The action-packed new teaser begins with the unsettling image of a young boy walking into a building set ablaze with flames, surrounded by unconscious people who have collapsed on the stairs. A man asks in voice-over, “Do gods exist? At one point in time, people called such beings gods.” Meanwhile, the young boy says, “I find myself growing curious. Whether, right now, it’s night or day.”

The video then cuts to Do Jung Woo wearing a thoughtful expression as flashes of a shocking serial killer case begin to unfold around him. A TV anchor announces, “The murderer who has been sending me advance notices of his killings has already murdered two people.” As Do Jung Woo attempts to solve the case, he is joined by Gong Hye Won, who points out, “All of the people who died are criminals.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1437609wpp/watch-namgoong-min-and-aoas-seolhyun-get-tangled-up-in-mysterious-serial-killer-case-in-awaken-teaser

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] Day and Night/Awaken, 낮과 밤 - Mon & Tue @21:00 KST - Nam Goong Min & Seol Hyun - Premieres on November 30th

Thanks @Jillia No idea what they are saying but they seem to be having fun! :lol:

TVN posted a new Jung Woo and Jamie short clip on IG and the chemistry and sexual tension is :yay:  

I hope this means we might get some sort of Jung Woo/Jamie attraction or loveline :kitty:

6 hours ago, Jillia said:

@raziela

Unfortunately I don't have the time to translate it. :D But I hope I can translate the previews and stuff as soon as the drama starts airing.

That's OK.  I hope you have time to follow this drama and it lives up to our expectations:blush:

Yay! They have uploaded the new Jungwoo + Jamie clip on YouTube. Once again no idea what they are saying but I am certainly appreciating that chemistry:getmygrooveon:

Namgoong Min Talks About Teamwork With Co-Stars Lee Chung Ah And AOA’s Seolhyun In Upcoming Drama “Awaken”

Nov 20, 2020
by L. Kim
b72d8367db04470599eb3f6f24418d3e.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min shared more details about his upcoming drama “Awaken.”

Namgoong Min will star in the drama as Do Jung Woo, the eccentric but brilliant team leader of a special task force at the National Police Agency, while AOA’s Seolhyun will play passionate police officer Gong Hye Won. Lee Chung Ah will also star in the drama as FBI agent Jamie, who was adopted as a young child and returns to Korea to solve the serial killer case connected to her lost memories of her childhood from 28 years ago.

When asked why he chose to star in this drama, Namgoong Min said, “I was drawn to the fresh script. I really liked that it was not a one-dimensional mystery in which detectives solve problems while investigating murder cases. I thought it was interesting how there is a hidden story behind the main story.”

Concerning his character that is a 180-degree transformation from his previous projects, he commented, “Do Jung Woo is a character who is usually sloppy and sly, but when he is working on a case, he changes into someone mysterious and serious. I thought that was one of his charms.”

namgoong-min-2.jpg

Does anyone else feel like the promotion for the drama is kind of...quiet?  The TVN drama Mr Queen with Shin Hye-sun comes out two weeks later on TVN and has had way more promotion. This drama is coming out in 9 days, successful and experienced director, lots of well-known actors and it is starring Nam Goong Min in his comeback drama after the major success Hot Stove League.  You think they would make a bigger deal of the drama but the promo feels so muted. I do wonder if they are keeping things subdued because of the controversy associated with Seolhyun?

Watch: Namgoong Min, Lee Chung Ah, And AOA’s Seolhyun Face Dangerous Secrets In “Awaken” Highlight Reel

46a87fb7fdcf40ec812f7b98fa0ec939.jpeg?s=

Nov 21, 2020
by L. Kim

tvN has released a highlight reel ahead of the premiere of “Awaken”!

Namgoong Min will star in the drama as Do Jung Woo, the eccentric but brilliant team leader of a special task force at the National Police Agency, while AOA’s Seolhyun will play passionate police officer Gong Hye Won. Lee Chung Ah will also star in the drama as FBI agent Jamie, who was adopted as a young child and returns to Korea to solve the serial killer case connected to her lost memories of her childhood from 28 years ago.

The highlight reel begins with the arrival of a mysterious letter that foreshadows a serial murder. True to the content of the letter, a series of murders disguised as suicide occur, and Do Jung Woo, Gong Hye Won, and Jamie team up to go after the truth.

However, things don’t go smoothly as suspicions and doubt surface between Do Jung Woo and Jamie. Jamie asks him if they saw each other before, and he eyes her with disdain as he wonders the same question out loud.

On top of that, another incident called the “White Night Village Disaster” that occurred 28 years ago is brought back to light. The two cases are shrouded in deep mystery, and the haunting secrets may be linked to the detectives themselves.

Gong Hye Won approaches Jamie and demands if she’s suspecting Do Jung Woo. Gong Hye Won defends him, saying, “Although he could be a bit precarious, he’s not hiding anything.” To that, Jamie bluntly says, “He doesn’t look precarious. He looks dangerous.”

At the end of the clip, Jamie accuses Do Jung Woo as the culprit, and Do Jung Woo asks, “Do I really look like that kind of person to you?” After a brief pause, he says in an eerie voice, “Then I guess I must be the culprit.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1439240wpp/watch-namgoong-min-lee-chung-ah-and-aoas-seolhyun-face-dangerous-secrets-in-awaken-highlight-reel

I'm late to the party, and maybe this has been mentioned already, but the stills / look of Nam Goong Min totally have a Jang Hyuk vibe. At first I thought it was him, especially in that selfie from page 1. Is that just me?

On 11/20/2020 at 2:31 PM, larus said:

When asked why he chose to star in this drama, Namgoong Min said, “I was drawn to the fresh script. I really liked that it was not a one-dimensional mystery in which detectives solve problems while investigating murder cases. I thought it was interesting how there is a hidden story behind the main story.”

Concerning his character that is a 180-degree transformation from his previous projects, he commented, “Do Jung Woo is a character who is usually sloppy and sly, but when he is working on a case, he changes into someone mysterious and serious. I thought that was one of his charms.”

Thanks for the article!  I'm so excited! Do Jung Woo already looks and sounds like such a unique character. NGM! is such a chameleon

Then he talked about Lee Chung Ah’s character Jamie. He shared, “Jamie is an FBI-turned-investigator who came from the States to help investigate the murder case Do Jung Woo’s team is working on. From the first meeting, Do Jung Woo and Jamie doubt each other, and they maintain a careful, delicate relationship. They are both alike and different, which will add more fun to the drama.”

This part from the article and the teasers makes me look forward to their interaction a lot!  Looks like there are going to be lots of fun and sparks onscreen:lol:

I am also so  interested in how the Yoon Sun Woo character plays into the story.  There isn't much information about him and he looks very mysterious but appears to be one of the most important characters..

17 hours ago, agenth said:

I'm late to the party, and maybe this has been mentioned already, but the stills / look of Nam Goong Min totally have a Jang Hyuk vibe. At first I thought it was him, especially in that selfie from page 1. Is that just me?

i can see a tiny similarity because of the moustache but other than that their facial features are very different.

Archived