Quantcast

Spoiler

So watched ep 7 without subs.

It was interesting . Everyone knows DW is dying. Jaime has started to doubt why he was trying to harm son Minho in front of everyone. She has become more curious. Hye won is also getting curious. Today's episode was just hide and seek between JW, Police and the foundation guys.

One twist was that the foundation has people everywhere, even the computer guy who hye won used to take her anger was the foundation's mole and he tried to stab JW.

It was sad to watch the one of the foundation's victim who was a woman die infront of JW.

JW did really search for all the survivors. He wanted to save all of them, but was too late.

In the preview, Jaime seems to be saying the 3rd child is the serial killer .

The 3rd child is jae woong, so it seems they are implying he is the killer, seems like he is the one with uncured DID.

The writer seems to make him a killer unless the writer is trying to pull some kind of twist in the future.

At this point, I really think JW won't survive,but the foundation needs him so they are bound to help him get surgery or something. Maybe he will survive but the chances are very slim.

JW broke into the police headquarters to get a book , I think the one that son Minho wrote, I don't know why he would risk his life for that mere book. Or it could be a different book . Sorry I can't read korean.

He personally chose Hye won after knowing who her father was. 

After today's episode it seems the writer is also very interesting in showing a love line between JW and hye won. I honestly don't know why.

It's not needed at this point. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welp!  I knew i should have dropped when the drama was still lacklustre at episode 5.  I let episode 6 and it's promise of plot progression fool me..but episode 7 is just more of the same nonsense and

@taskdramafanatic, thank you for starting the thread. Waives to @larus, @Jillia, @Helena, @Kita Techawongtham, @rocher22   Namgoong Min, Seolhyun, Lee Chung-Ah Lead Script Reading for tvN Dr

12 minutes ago, Dev11O said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So watched ep 7 without subs.

It was interesting . Everyone knows DW is dying. Jaime has started to doubt why he was trying to harm son Minho in front of everyone. She has become more curious. Hye won is also getting curious. Today's episode was just hide and seek between JW, Police and the foundation guys.

One twist was that the foundation has people everywhere, even the computer guy who hye won used to take her anger was the foundation's mole and he tried to stab JW.

It was sad to watch the one of the foundation's victim who was a woman die infront of JW.

JW did really search for all the survivors. He wanted to save all of them, but was too late.

In the preview, Jaime seems to be saying the 3rd child is the serial killer .

The 3rd child is jae woong, so it seems they are implying he is the killer, seems like he is the one with uncured DID.

The writer seems to make him a killer unless the writer is trying to pull some kind of twist in the future.

At this point, I really think JW won't survive,but the foundation needs him so they are bound to help him get surgery or something. Maybe he will survive but the chances are very slim.

JW broke into the police headquarters to get a book , I think the one that son Minho wrote, I don't know why he would risk his life for that mere book. Or it could be a different book . Sorry I can't read korean.

He personally chose Hye won after knowing who her father was. 

After today's episode it seems the writer is also very interesting in showing a love line between JW and hye won. I honestly don't know why.

It's not needed at this point. 

Thanks for the recap. It is the first drama I have eagerly been following but resorted to skipping unnecessary scenes between Jung Woo and Hye Won. Sorry to say, that character is really not fitting the box. It is more of an annoyance. I am fine with Jung Woo and Jamie not having a love line, just the exchange of smart lines is enough to hook me up. They can stare at each other for mere seconds and it already creates a tension in a good way. :D

Btw, do you know what Moon Jae Woong was saying while checking Jamie’s facebook? Seems like he was very interested in her already that he attempted to sneak out with his computer but his bad hyung didn’t allow him. 

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, x_x___chi said:

Btw, do you know what Moon Jae Woong was saying while checking Jamie’s facebook? Seems like he was very interested in her already that he attempted to sneak out with his computer but his bad hyung didn’t allow him. 

I don't understand what they said but it seems jae woong was trying to send her files ( Maybe some information related to her kidnapping, Maybe hospital list or something). He was trying to contact her using FB but he didn't contact her. Instead he wanted to go and meet her , but his bad hyung didn't allow him.

One thing I noticed was that the guy who is abusing him seems to be Also afraid of him. He keeps tabs on jae woong. It's more like a precaution . This is what I felt.

He knows what jae woong is capable of.

If the writer is going to make jae woong a killer, jae woong must go outside to plant lucid dreams and all that means there are certain times jae woong is completely off radar.

Maybe he uses some kind of his power on this guy so he could escape.

If jae woong is the killer , he has DID.

One personality is weak, while other is very dangerous. Maybe ep 8 will reveal more of this .

• Thanks 1

So watched the ep with subs, and JW taking the book was just misdirection. The book didn't mean anything. He came to get the glasses, that he uses. Why? I don't know.

What's so special about that spectacles. Maybe they will explain it later.

After watching the subbed episode, the writer has just confirmed that JW and hye won have mutual feelings.

Hye won is the unpredictable variable in his plan.

He can't seem to find where to include her in his plan. Maybe because she acts more on her feelings. He certainly cares for her.

My poor Jaime and JW ship.

Now at the end if the writer says both of them are siblings, then everything is over. That's it..

Jaime and JW made a deal, that he will explain everything the next time they meet, about the tragedy and her past .

JW seems to be the most advanced result of the experiment.

He is special, seems like he has more powers.

Every episode hye won's dad creeps me out. That stupid whistling he does... creepy.

Who is the killer, that's not said .

Although the new candidate is jae woong.

Maybe this is also a misdirection.

JW was really hurt in this episode, atleast two times he was stabbed.

When Jaime asked why he can't cure himself, he replied that Maybe he is not meant to be alive or there is something he can't lose yet.

This bothers me. What can't he lose yet. The translation may not be fully correct. I have to wait for Viki subs. 

And God knows how long that is going to take.

I honestly have doubts regarding which side the deputy chief lady is?

Is she good or just pure evil, who is just hungry for money.

• Sad 1

I wish writer will take few minutes from Hyewon's screen time, which she uses to portray Hyewon's not so relevant feelings, and give it to Moon Jaewoong. It is a disservice how they roped in this actor for ramen making scenes. 

I hope it is only to keep the mystery that they are keeping him under wrap. 

In any case I believe those scenes can be cut down. 

Next ep, Jamie in a doctor's coat injecting something to Son Minho? Oha! 

8 minutes ago, Dev11O said:

When Jaime asked why he can't cure himself, he replied that Maybe he is not meant to be alive or there is something he can't lose yet.

This bothered me too. Made me think if having this surgery will make the children lose some of their power or memories. I actually wanted Jamie to be the killer behind all this. But alas if the surgery will make them lose that x factor. jamie is already benched. 

• Like 2

The ep 8 preview translation from TVN -

The dangerous shadow hidden behind the forewarned murders finally reveals itself.

Hye won and Jaime go deeper into the truth by pursuing clues related to WNV 28 yrs ago.

Meanwhile, JW finds the experiments are still continuing and goes to the foundation, the axis of evil.

56 minutes ago, akiera said:

I wish writer will take few minutes from Hyewon's screen time, which she uses to portray Hyewon's not so relevant feelings, and give it to Moon Jaewoong. It is a disservice how they roped in this actor for ramen making scenes. 

I hope it is only to keep the mystery that they are keeping him under wrap. 

In any case I believe those scenes can be cut down. 

Next ep, Jamie in a doctor's coat injecting something to Son Minho? Oha! 

Jaime in doctor coat, I feel like she is going to use the same method which JW used to get information from son Minho. To torture him to spill out secrets.

But this is a stupid move, if her identity is revealed, she will be in danger.

The surviving child who was mentioned in the list of survivors became a thug.

The thug came for JW, possibly to kidnap him.

Is the thug guy really bad or is he secretly hoping to get a chance to take revenge on WNV bad guys?

We will have to wait and see, whether he will join forces with JW or be a hurdle in JW's plans.

56 minutes ago, akiera said:

This bothered me too. Made me think if having this surgery will make the children lose some of their power or memories. I actually wanted Jamie to be the killer behind all this. But alas if the surgery will make them lose that x factor. jamie is already benched. 

I also thought about this theory.

Him not doing surgery because he knows he will lose his powers.

I mean his biggest card is his powers and his memories as he is the one who can complete the secret formula the foundation guys want.

This secret is what is helping him, and is the reason why the foundation wants to catch him alive.

If this theory is correct, Jaime, like you said is already benched.

Then she will only have a high IQ , no light flickering stuff . 

I personally wanted to see her do that electricity stuff. Nevermind..

If like the preview translation says, the real killer will be revealed in ep 8, then jae woong is the potential killer.

Then it means, like they mentioned earlier he suffers from DID.

If it's not Jae woong, I don't know what the writer wants.

Bring an evil twin for jae woong :D

• LOL 2

Five stages of shipping grief:

Denial: Nah, the Writers would not be so dumb and out of touch with what most of the public wants for the love line. The Tension! The Jokes! It’s gonna be Jaime and JE. It’s all good!

Anger: Really?? RickRoll'D!!! This ruins the WHOLE SHOW!! 

Bargaining: Ok. If you show enough cute UST moments between Doc and Super copI I will keep watching how is that? 

Depression: Well. There goes another drama disappointment. Should have been expecting that. Sigh.

Acceptance: We’ll. It’s a great show and he is Super hot and HW is cute. It is what it is. JW needs love where he can get it. 

I would be at 5 but he is probably going to die sooo...yeah. Stuck at number 4. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, RobinM said:

Five stages of shipping grief:

Denial: Nah, the Writers would not be so dumb and out of touch with what most of the public wants for the love line. The Tension! The Jokes! It’s gonna be Jaime and JE. It’s all good!

Anger: Really?? RickRoll'D!!! This ruins the WHOLE SHOW!! 

Bargaining: Ok. If you show enough cute UST moments between Doc and Super copI I will keep watching how is that? 

Depression: Well. There goes another drama disappointment. Should have been expecting that. Sigh.

Acceptance: We’ll. It’s a great show and he is Super hot and HW is cute. It is what it is. JW needs love where he can get it. 

I would be at 5 but he is probably going to die sooo...yeah. Stuck at number 4. 

I am still in Denial but yeah, like you already said he is going to die soon.

It's like I would rather watch him die than being with hye won .

There is something wrong with me. Seriously:crymeme:

• LOL 6

Welp!  I knew i should have dropped when the drama was still lacklustre at episode 5.  I let episode 6 and it's promise of plot progression fool me..but episode 7 is just more of the same nonsense and now I look like a clown. I had such high hopes for this drama when it started. I even defended because I thought it was just finding it's pace the first week but four weeks in and it is still like this. What a letdown! :rolleyes:

It's a pity because there is certainly a very interesting story about White Night Village and JW-Jamie-MJW story hidden somewhere in here but it is surrounded by so many unnecessary or useless scenes and underutilisation of the many talented actors. The execution is severely lacking. The story feels needlessly complex and bloated but barely moves at the same time.

There has been barely 2 episodes worth of plot movement in 4 weeks, the clunky directing and writing, stupid police, zero tension, weak serial killer plot, everything about Hye Won, weird tonal shifts, lack of focus and going around in circles.  It feels as if the drama is dragging things needlessly, spinning wheels and making things vague so the drama can come back later and say: look how clever we are! but it is just tiresome and frustrating. Added with forcing a totally unappealing "loveline" subplot that makes me want to throw up in my mouth... 

Nope. I'm out! It may get better in the remaining weeks but there are too many good dramas out there to waste anymore time on this mediocrity.

giphy.gif

I'm sorry to Nam Goong Min and Lee Chung Ah but even for them I don't have the patience for this. I look forward to their next projects

giphy.gif

ETA: The best thing i can say is I have enjoyed talking to all the nice posters on this thread. Hope to see you in another (better!) drama thread:heart:

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

Problem is This Noir/crime/serial killer show is trying so fervently to be Twisty or cutting edge or cerebral or Gritty that the writers, directors ETC completely forgot  about tight writing, plotting  and Good characterization.  It’s all Too slick and pretentious.

Watch Flower of Evil to see the difference. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
12 hours ago, RobinM said:

Problem is This Noir/crime/serial killer show is trying so fervently to be Twisty or cutting edge or cerebral or Gritty that the writers, directors ETC completely forgot  about tight writing, plotting  and Good characterization.  It’s all Too slick and pretentious.

Watch Flower of Evil to see the difference. 

I just had to return to respond and say I COMPLETELY AGREE! I said something similar in my post last week (sorry for quoting myself:sweatingbullets:):

On 12/15/2020 at 4:53 AM, raziela said:

Right?  It's frustrating because there is a really good story centred around the White Night Village mystery and JW, JL and MJW connection hidden in there.  I won't deny there are some good scenes and moments, NGM is excellent, the majority of the cast are very talented but the overall execution is lacking. It feels like there is a lack of focus and too much extra bumpf, going around in circles, scenes and character that add very little, not enough of important characters and the drama is deliberately trying to confuse us whilst throwing various clues and red herrings at us. I get the misdirection theme but you need to have the full package of sharp writing/directing/editing/acting to make that work and, unfortunately, this drama doesn't have that.

Like I said above thus far the tension, sense of danger, urgency is lacking and that is not what you want for a mystery/crime/thriller genre. Sorry to compare but the most recent mystery drama I watched was Flower of Evil. I liked FoE a lot even though I didn't think it was the absolute greatest drama ever like some. However, now looking at the characterisation of all the characters, the execution and tension of the mystery, backstory and atmosphere in that story compared to here is just worlds apart. There were many scenes in FoE that had me on the edge of my seat but this drama so far fails to sustain any real tension IMO.

At least this weak sauce drama has made me appreciate even more the other dramas in this genre who manage to get it right lol:lol:  I also started The Uncanny Counter this weekend (so good!) and it further emphasised how much this drama is lacking. That, another meh episode, too much screentime on insufferable HW and her bad acting completely killed my patience off.  Hence, my rant and why I have dropped this!

giphy.gif

• Blob 1
8 hours ago, raziela said:

Welp!  I knew i should have dropped when the drama was still lacklustre at episode 5.  I let episode 6 and it's promise of plot progression fool me..but episode 7 is just more of the same nonsense and now I look like a clown. I had such high hopes for this drama when it started. I even defended because I thought it was just finding it's pace the first week but four weeks in and it is still like this. What a letdown! :rolleyes:

It's a pity because there is certainly a very interesting story about White Vight Village and JW-Jamie-MJW story hidden somewhere in here but it is surrounded by so many unnecessary or useless scenes and underutilisation of the many talented actors. The execution is severely lacking. The story feels needlessly complex and bloated but barely moves at the same time. There has been barely 2 episodes worth of plot movement in 4 weeks, the clunky directing and writing, stupid police, zero tension, weak serial killer plot, everything about Hye Won, weird tonal shifts, lack of focus and going around in circles.  It feels as if the drama is dragging things needlessly, spinning wheels and making things vague so the drama can come back later and say: look how clever we are! but it is just tiresome and frustrating. Added with forcing a totally unappealing "loveline" subplot that makes me want to throw up in my mouth... 

Nope. I'm out! It may get better in the remaining weeks but there are too many good dramas out there to waste anymore time on this mediocrity.

I'm sorry to Nam Goong Min and Lee Chung Ah but even for them I don't have the patience for this. I look forward to their next projects

ETA: The best thing i can say is I have enjoyed talking to all the nice posters on this thread. Hope to see you in another (better!) drama thread:heart:

Thanks for contributing so actively here, will definitely miss you!

Currently still holding on to the drama because I just love Lee Chung Ah as Jamie Leighton and I really want to know what happened in WNV. 

For these reasons alone, I am willing to overlook the less than mediocre plot that goes round and round in murky waters and like what you said unappealing "love" line. But i totally agree the writer is just needlessly and endlessly making things dragged out for 16eps with Jae Woong's screentime seriously compromised for while JW and HW get too much screentime together that barely moves the plot on? But they are the leads so...can't fault them for that...:surprisedwut:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

After going through many forums, seems like many want to drop this drama after watching ep 7.

It's like,what I thought was going to happen, the writer will probably drag the plot now,using unnecessary things like this stupid Love line.

People are getting irritated now,

I also thought about it, but I am holding on because of nam goong min and Lee Chung ah.

I like them. I would also like to know the mystery of WNV.

I hope it stops doing unnecessary plot lines like this forced love line.

And seriously pick up the pace now.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

lol I just hope we are not gonna get confessions and makeout scenes, that will be too cringe for me. Could be my prejudice, but from the moment I saw them together on screen I got a senior and junior vibe also considering the age gap b/w them.

I know many people watch this because they are fans of the main lead or other characters. But while I acknowledge that Nam Goong min and LCH are good actors. I am not really a fan of them. I came here because of the thriller genre and plot. 

I am still gonna watch today's ep because I am curious about the killer and the central mysteries. But I really agree with the person who commented that this drama is pretentious. That's a shame though, because they had such a good concept. 

• Like 2

Hey, I was trying to read comments under naver tv using google translate. I saw many people criticizing Lee chung ah!! I have only seen her in another drama long back, Flower boy ramen shop (?) I don't remember thinking she was bad at acting. what do you guys think?

• Like 1

Don’t pay attention to all that. Lee Chung Ah is wonderful in her role and in a sane drama would have been FL and Love interest.  It’s almost all Fixated Idol fans who won’t hear a bad word about their goddess. 

• Like 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Day and Night/Awaken, 낮과 밤