[Drama 2020/2021] Day and Night/Awaken, 낮과 밤

taskdramafanatic

Spoiler

So watched ep 12, this episode had more story progress than fillers..

So, the forewarning was released, everyone saw Jaime in the background when the reporter was reporting. When I say everyone, I mean everyone.

Son minho, JW, jae woong . They all are after Jaime.

Hye won is depressed because of her dad. 

The scientist lady I think was always obsessed with JW, I don't know why. But I think she really creeps JW out.

Jaime and reporter went to WNV and Jaime seems be uncomfortable and she was remembering things bit by bit.

JW used the special team help to save blue house guy's child .

I honestly don't know why? But they saved him.

Son minho was going to use that child as bait to capture JW. But he plan was ruined.

The blue house guy eats these weird pills , is it the one to slow the process of aging, I don't know. But that pill is weird.

Anyway towards the end, hye won and the team saved the crazy evil child but both detective jang and the other specs guy had to return to police station to avoid suspicion.

JW adoptive father came to help them, so hye won took the evil child to his place. The place where he makes drugs.

While they were waiting for the evil child to wake up, hye won started digging around, I don't know why. She found JW's specs and guess what the specs is a computer, it's just not your regular specs. The Specs had all information about the foundation members. JW picked the team not just randomly it seems. Everyone is connected in this. 

One thing that surprised me was that hye won was shocked when she saw her father and her information together in that. I mean why, why is she so surprised it's not at all a surprising thing. Well it just proves again she is not that bright.

Anyway towards the end, son minho send some guys to WNV to take Jaime. The computer guy who stabbed JW at the police station was the leader of the group but he and the other guys got knocked down by jae woong.

Jae woong asked her why they left him but he knows she doesn't remember anything.

He took the pills which he used for the murders and popped it into her mouth and viola....

There, she remembers everything. She started remembering everything. 

So what happened in WNV was that JW put some kind of drug in the food prepared for the people.

All three of them did it together, to escape that place. The people started killing everyone around.

JW was the kid the bad hyung was hugging around . JW is really the monster who did it.

As Jae woong goes to kill Jaime, JW comes to save her.

And the fight starts between Jae woong and JW.

The reporter got knocked out so he won't be able to see the fight. So sad for him. It would have been interesting for him.

So according to the preview, Jaime found the monster she was looking for . They seems to have a proper reunion now.

I hope it better be proper, because i am sure JW won't make it alive. So I hope the writer makes it worth it.

And JW didn't abandon jae woong, he clearly said he will be back but little Jae woong seems to not remember that part .. Anyway this is it. 

The mystery of WNV and Jaime's memories everything is out.

Now what's left is how they will wrap this series.

Someone's death is around, but whose?

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the show does not explain everything clearly from beginning to end I'll be really speechless because that is what we deserve after episodes of fillers.

Some things I need explanations for:

1. What exactly are the powers of the 3 kids

2. Why jungwoo can't "predict" jaewoong's face at the start

3. What exactly was WNV for? How did the kids end up in that village in the first place?

4. How female scientist not age?

5. What is in jamie's bag? Seeing her use a sling one instead of her normal bagpack just makes me even more curious what's inside. But i have little hopes of them revealing this...

From the looks of the preview, seems like they are gonna really wrap up WNV and our trio quickly and zoom right back to the war against the foundation which is less than spectacular and interesting to me:")

2 hours ago, Soar Wi said:

Some things I need explanations for:

1. What exactly are the powers of the 3 kids

2. Why jungwoo can't "predict" jaewoong's face at the start

3. What exactly was WNV for? How did the kids end up in that village in the first place?

4. How female scientist not age?

5. What is in jamie's bag? Seeing her use a sling one instead of her normal bagpack just makes me even more curious what's inside. But i have little hopes of them revealing this...

They probably won't explain it like we want to ...

1) At this point they are telling Jaime is just human. She doesn't have any super powers but she has an high IQ. 

Or else we will get to see her powers later in the episodes as she now finally remembers everything.

2) I couldn't figure that out but I think Maybe it was because he was just more close to Jaime. 

Or he couldn't get it because of Jae woong's DID. They really can't seem to connect with eachother due to this.

3) They explained this earlier in the episodes, WNV was started as an orphanage but just not you regular orphanage. Rather than just creating a normal orphanage, a village was created and families were asked to take care of children, so they wouldn't feel as orphans.

This was done with govt funding.

You can just check that episode, I think ep 3.

4) she is certainly using the formula that JW gave which stops aging and provides immortality. Anyway she is a test subject herself. Everything about her creeps me out.

5) I personally think,since she has OCD and is a germaphobe, she mainly carries wet wipes, sanitizer and all in that bag. That's it . people with germaphobia usually carries these stuffs with them.

Now I am thinking what if WNV was just you regular orphanage then JW and Jaime would have been your regular kdrama childhood soulmates.

According to the preview it seems like JW still wants Jaime to go back to US , as we know she won't.

Now it's her turn to make decisions, whether to join forces with JW or not.

@40somethingahjumma Thank you for your post. I always like your posts and good to see you here.:heart3:

@Dev11O Blessed angel for your quick recaps. You are a saint for someone stuck at work and dying to know what is going on. :hooray2:

ep 13 preview 

clips for today 

Spoiler

ep 11 clips in spoiler 

Spoiler

Ep 9-10 scenes 

Just finished the ep and yeah it had less filler than the previous eps.

They should have let Jamie atleast throw a punch. It has been a long while since they let Jamie do anything worthwhile. They basically use her as a prop and plot device. 

LOL atleast one mystery is solved, the super specs. That is cool. 

And so the monster was all three of them. Makes sense. 

13 hours ago, Dev11O said:

One thing that surprised me was that hye won was shocked when she saw her father and her information together in that. I mean why, why is she so surprised it's not at all a surprising thing. Well it just proves again she is not that bright.it 

@Dev11O  I was surprised too, ... duh?  Once she found out her father was part of WNV it was pretty obvious he didnt hire her by coincidence.

I have been watching along with this show and really mostly like it.  The acting really is very good.  Namkoong Min is very attractive, but he also has charisma and the ability to draw you in to the complex character he is portraying.

I do like Kong Hye-won although I see several people in this thread do not like her.  I think he brings her on the team because of her father, but I also think he has fallen for her and she is her weakness even more than Jaime.  I think at one point we hear his thoughts about her being unexpected. 

1 hour ago, maddymappo said:

I think he brings her on the team because of her father, but I also think he has fallen for her and she is her weakness even more than Jaime.  I think at one point we hear his thoughts about her being unexpected. 

This is true. Though Captain doesn't show it much he certainly likes her more than he intended to.

I think people on the thread are not fond of her because of the romance aspect. I expected this drama to properly develop the wnv story line and flesh out the characters of the three children. They could have delved deep into the mystery and the abilities of the three children. However, that time was taken away and given to the romance story line. Even if Hyewon was a secondary character who had deep respect and crush on her captain, this would have worked. We didn't need to spend too much time and attention on her inner monologues or her dialogues with Do Jung woo. They put Moon Jae Woong and Jamie's character development on back burner. Jaewoong's was probably to keep the mystery but they literally have Jamie as a prop. So for me the romance was a distraction from the plot. Which is why I am not fond of her and in the beginning eps she was too rude and brash. Adding on to that the drama as a whole has other faults too. 

14 hours ago, Dev11O said:

They probably won't explain it like we want to ...

1) At this point they are telling Jaime is just human. She doesn't have any super powers but she has an high IQ. 

Or else we will get to see her powers later in the episodes as she now finally remembers everything.

2) I couldn't figure that out but I think Maybe it was because he was just more close to Jaime. 

Or he couldn't get it because of Jae woong's DID. They really can't seem to connect with eachother due to this.

3) They explained this earlier in the episodes, WNV was started as an orphanage but just not you regular orphanage. Rather than just creating a normal orphanage, a village was created and families were asked to take care of children, so they wouldn't feel as orphans.

This was done with govt funding.

You can just check that episode, I think ep 3.

4) she is certainly using the formula that JW gave which stops aging and provides immortality. Anyway she is a test subject herself. Everything about her creeps me out.

5) I personally think,since she has OCD and is a germaphobe, she mainly carries wet wipes, sanitizer and all in that bag. That's it . people with germaphobia usually carries these stuffs with them.

Now I am thinking what if WNV was just you regular orphanage then JW and Jaime would have been your regular kdrama childhood soulmates.

According to the preview it seems like JW still wants Jaime to go back to US , as we know she won't.

Now it's her turn to make decisions, whether to join forces with JW or not.

Thank you so much for answering some of my questions! 

Though i got to say, jamie seems useless at this point as this character is solely used for showing the audience the past and theres lots of ways to do that rather than wasting a whole character on it. 

About Jaime - didn't that operation remove whatever powers she had?  I do not think they ever explained that operation on her. :Please: 

Perhaps this has been discussed on this thread already. If anyone can  explain this I would appreciate your insight.

5 hours ago, maddymappo said:

About Jaime - didn't that operation remove whatever powers she had?  I do not think they ever explained that operation on her.

Perhaps this has been discussed on this thread already. If anyone can explain this I would appreciate your insight.

The surgery was done and they never mentioned what kind of surgery but they did say cyberknife was used. It is used to remove tumor or abnormal growth in brain.

It's not shown whether she had any powers before surgery, only thing that was shown was that she has OCD which is a side effect of the experiments and a higher IQ. She also have trauma and memory loss, apart from that nothing about her powers is mentioned. 

Even now also they are trying to implement she is just human and JW and jae woong are the only ones who have powers.

I don't know if they will show whatever powers she has in the coming episodes. Even in the previews nothing is shown about her powers.

The writer unnecessarily tried to put in a romantic relationship for the male lead. There was not need for this.

A simple emotional connection between the main leads would have been enough.

Frankly speaking romance was always completely unnecessary in this drama.

Subjectively, if the so-called loveline had better chemistry, I wouldn't mind it but it's not a deal breaker. 

Objectively even if you took out the suggestions or hints of romance, it doesn't in any way affect the plot. The storytelling can still continue as is without it. The romance itself doesn't drive anything. Jung-woo was always going to do what he's doing. He's not the one killing people. And Hye-won was probably always going to do what she's doing because she believes that some things are right and wrong. The present outcome could also be achieved even if they had a mentor-collegial relationship. 

My main issue with the drama is not the romance or even Seol Hyun... although a stronger actress in the role would have helped sell the romance. It's always been the script. The ideas are good and that's what people are responding to. But the presentation and the execution of the storyline doesn't reach the heights that it could. Why? I think it's because the show doesn't take care of the fundamentals -- the character development, the building of relationships and the way the mystery/mysteries unfold. All the elements aren't integrated well.

Just look at Uncanny Counter or Sweet Home which are doing similar sorts of things, and feel the difference. They make you care about the people and what happens to them. With Awaken, it feels like the drama is just going through the motions of being a crime thriller and the drama is moving around the chess pieces. On the other hand, Uncanny Counter doesn't do anything particularly original, it follows the superhero template to a T but you learn to love the family dynamics and each individual Counter has his/her own arc. Everyone's relatable. I was shedding tears in Sweet Home, a monster show for the same reason. 

Soompi Awards: Best and Worst of the Rest (Dramas 2020)

Chingus, welcome to our final poll of 2020. :kiss_wink:  You can vote for:

1) The best C-drama of 2020

2) The most disappointing K-drama or K-drama ending of 2020

3) The best abs in a K-drama in 2020

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon and @Lmangla

@Dev11O  I do see your point.  They do seem to drop the ball when it comes to Jaime. It's as if they did have a plan for a bigger role for her, .. her background with the FBI and that strange operation, what was it for, how was it planned etc?  She then runs into the road alone, which is so dangerous.  Why would they let her do that? On and on and on.  And,they brought in the very pretty pop star and spent time showing her relationship with her family (somewhat) and her crush.  I do not think that was an complete fail because it shows how a monster who can casually use little human children as guinea pigs, can also love his own daughter.  But who knows. Perhaps her bat girl abilities were given to her by Dad.   Perhaps she will be the one to die as Dad's karma comes to get him.

But it would have made more sense to keep her more in the background as a secondary story.. and interest and not pushed her out in front of Jaime as the secondary idea.   Yet, some how I am still enjoying this series.  In the last episode they didn't refer to the poem.  We still don't know why they all memorized that poem. 

On 1/7/2021 at 1:08 AM, Dev11O said:

The surgery was done and they never mentioned what kind of surgery but they did say cyberknife was used. It is used to remove tumor or abnormal growth in brain.

It's not shown whether she had any powers before surgery, only thing that was shown was that she has OCD which is a side effect of the experiments and a higher IQ. She also have trauma and memory loss, apart from that nothing about her powers is mentioned. 

Even now also they are trying to implement she is just human and JW and jae woong are the only ones who have powers.

I don't know if they will show whatever powers she has in the coming episodes. Even in the previews nothing is shown about her powers.

The writer unnecessarily tried to put in a romantic relationship for the male lead. There was not need for this.

A simple emotional connection between the main leads would have been enough.

9 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Someone said that jung woo and jamie is a real sibling... 

Thoughts guys?

Well, the scene where Jamie is about to fall, Jae Woong asked Jung Woo “Are you going to let your sister die?” 

This episode f** me up into bits. I’ll wait for the subs to make sure I understood it correctly.

Archived