[Drama 2020/2021] Day and Night/Awaken, 낮과 밤

taskdramafanatic

2 hours ago, Oksana Sutra said:

Do Jung Woo and Jamie has such great chemistry together, but her memories from the past about little kids I think maybe they could be brother and sister? I think he has painful memories about fire too like she had.

:sweat:That is a possibility too. They definitely have some kind of history together. I hope they are not siblings because that would be a waste of this electric chemistry between them and Do Jung Woo teasing her about confessing would become kind of creepy:tears:

You know I was just thinking if there is romance it will be his first in a long time. NGM doesn't seem to do romances in his drama lately. He hasn't had a love storyline in a few years. Maybe he has an agreement with his girlfriend haha?:P

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, raziela said:

:sweat:That is a possibility too. They definitely have some kind of history together. I hope they are not siblings because that would be a waste of this electric chemistry between them and Do Jung Woo teasing her about confessing would become kind of creepy:tears:

You know I was just thinking if there is romance it will be his first in a long time. NGM doesn't seem to do romances in his drama lately. He hasn't had a love storyline in a few years. Maybe he has an agreement with his girlfriend haha?:P

I know and agree with you!  It will really be a waste of time and talent of two strong actors, but now this option is the most possible, but I will also hope that I'm wrong and their relationship is not native blood.

10 hours ago, Oksana Sutra said:

I know and agree with you!  It will really be a waste of time and talent of two strong actors, but now this option is the most possible, but I will also hope that I'm wrong and their relationship is not native blood.

Sigh...It will be a real pity. Maybe I will just assume the connection is blood related so I don't end up shipping the characters and getting disappointed:persevere:  If they aren't related and I get surprised with some romance then that is even better lol!:lol:

bb772552f01d409d9c50b3b97b44bb9a.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min, AOA’s Seolhyun, Lee Chung Ah, And Yoon Sun Woo Share How They Prepared For Upcoming Murder Mystery Drama “Awaken”

Nov 26, 2020

by C. Hong

On November 25, the upcoming tvN drama “Awaken” held an online press conference with Namgoong Min, AOA’s Seolhyun, Lee Chung Ah, Yoon Sun Woo, and director Kim Jung Hyun.

“Awaken” is a murder mystery drama that follows the connection between mysterious events unfolding in the present and the secrets behind an enigmatic incident that took place in a village 28 years ago.

awaken.jpeg

At the press conference, director Kim Jung Hyun shared his reasons for casting these actors. He said, “As they say, Namgoong Min is an actor whom you can trust. There are several times when I feel like an audience member on set. A script is just made of words, and what kind of character is born depends on what kind of actor is playing the role. I was so curious as to see what kind of Do Jung Woo would be born through Namgoong Min’s acting.”

He continued, “When I first met Seolhyun, I knew that I wanted her to play Gong Hye Won. She is careful around her seniors and doesn’t talk much, but as soon as the cameras start rolling, she overflowed with energy. I think people can look forward to her seeing her work.”

About Lee Chung Ah, he said, “She’s played a lot of soft and cute characters, and I wanted to break that mold. I knew she could show a different side of her, and she did a very good job at playing a cold, logical, and rational character. But she also showed an endearingly clumsy side as well.”

He continued, “Yoon Sun Woo is a character with many secrets. I can’t tell you all of them, but you can see his secrets in his eyes. I could feel that he had put a lot of thought in the character from the very first filming. I was surprised at how good he was, so I think viewers can look forward to how he pulls off the role of Moon Jae Woong.”

namgoong-min-awaken1.jpeg

Namgoong Min said, “I always worry a lot and feel pressured about what my next project will be. But apart from that, I have my own standards for picking projects. I was of the mind to do a fresh and fun drama instead of worrying about picking a project that would be as successful as my last.”

He added, “When I first came across this drama, it felt different from other mystery projects. It had some fresh elements to it. It’s not just about catching the criminal or figuring out the clue, but there are a lot of emotional elements as well. I wanted to challenge a new kind of genre that had never been done before in dramas.”

Spoiler

seolhyun-awaken1.jpeg

Seolhyun said, “I went to action school to learn how to film stunt scenes two months before filming began. It wasn’t that I hadn’t done action scenes before, but it was mostly archery and other weapons. This time, I was learning hand-to-hand combat. I learned how to punch, kick, flip, and roll with my whole body.”

She continued, “There are similarities and differences between me and Hye Won. I speak pretty slowly and I think a lot before I act. Hye Won reacts with her body first and she’s quick to catch on. Because of that, I also tried hard to be quick at catching on.”

Spoiler

lee-chung-ah-awaken1.jpeg

Lee Chung Ah said, “She has a far more impressive resumé than me. It was very difficult to play a character who can speak two foreign languages. Fortunately, the script came out early and I had a lot of time to practice. There weren’t a lot of English scenes, thank goodness.”

She continued, “Because she’s a criminal psychologist, she has a different perspective compared to other people. I researched how real criminal profilers conduct interviews and read a lot of books about criminal psychology and human behavior.”

Spoiler

yoon-sun-woo-awaken.jpeg

Yoon Sun Woo’s character, Moon Jae Woong, is a hacker at a major Korean portal site called MODU. He said, “I thought a lot about the personality of my character. He’s very good at computers, but he is an outsider from society in his daily life. I thought a lot about why he felt excluded from society, as well as his psychological state and traumas. I felt that in his psychological state, he would exhibit unusual behaviors and speech patterns, so I put a lot of thought into that as well.”

Spoiler

awaken-namgoong-min-seolhyun-lee-chung-a

“Awaken” premieres on November 30 at 9 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1440189wpp/namgoong-min-aoas-seolhyun-lee-chung-ah-and-yoon-sun-woo-share-how-they-prepared-for-upcoming-murder-mystery-drama-awaken

The I mean... it’s supposed to be a romance and literally none of the info we are given shows he sees the cop that way. Most likely it’s the usual cliched met as kids, had trauma,  were separated trope. Duh, Everyone knows if you meet at 5 you are soul mates! 

2 hours ago, RobinM said:

The I mean... it’s supposed to be a romance and literally none of the info we are given shows he sees the cop that way. Most likely it’s the usual cliched met as kids, had trauma,  were separated trope. Duh, Everyone knows if you meet at 5 you are soul mates! 

I like it if you're right, but in Memorist ( if you saw that drama) there was this things with siblings too but there wasn't romantic sparks like here.

19 minutes ago, RobinM said:

If we get a translation of that scene where he is backing her up against the wall And her looking nonplussed then we can have a Better idea. 

If I'm not wrong he ask her if they meet before because he feels that he knows her. So I do not know )) I'm sorry that I sowed doubts here, because I really don't want them to be relatives. I know it's not a romantic drama, but there's a chemistry between the two

On 11/26/2020 at 7:07 AM, gm4queen said:

You are so welcome, chingu! Namgoong Min is hotter than the sun. I love the supporting cast. Eagerly looking forward for this series. :)

Haha!  He is a seriously good-looking man!  The fact that he still manages to be hot with this look where his character is supposed to look sloppy.  Legit the onoly man I have seen make a moustache look this good:lol:

22 hours ago, rocher22 said:

If JW and Jamie are siblings, then I want it to be known 

at the beginning...

Seriously! I really hope they aren't cruel enough to keep us hanging on a ship until halfway through the drama, then sink it with some BS reveal they were related all along<_<

21 hours ago, RobinM said:

:lol::lol::lol:  I think they are 8 years old in the drama but your point about tropes still stands hahahaha:lol:

18 hours ago, RobinM said:

If we get a translation of that scene where he is backing her up against the wall And her looking nonplussed then we can have a Better idea. 

18 hours ago, Oksana Sutra said:

If I'm not wrong he ask her if they meet before because he feels that he knows her. So I do not know )) I'm sorry that I sowed doubts here, because I really don't want them to be relatives. I know it's not a romantic drama, but there's a chemistry between the two

An Indonesian Nan Goong Min fan account (@minnie_land1978) very kindly translated the scene in English but the English in the translation is a bit rough so I don't know if it is a 100% accurate (side note: I am not criticising as English is not her first language and I am very grateful for any translation:)). In the translation Jung Woo is teasing Jamie and asks if she is confessing to him because she keeps asking if they have met before.

We are not allowed to post IG pics on this forum but this is the link (I think we can still post links to IG):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHygfWUjOHt/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Reposting part of the translation here (I have corrected some of the English a bit)

Jamie Layton: Have we met before?

Do Jung Woo: i already told you that's a misunderstanding. But isn't this a confession?  I think I have seen this somewhere and become attracted by that feelings? Isn't that right?

So far didn't you live in America?  So what have you seen?

JL: But...now why..you are like person I know...

DJW starts backing her up against the wall

JL: What are you doing?

DJW: When? Where did you see it?

JL: I need time to think again. So get away from me. How about thinking about it later? Right now is dangerous and threatening.

DJW: Americans have good vocabulary too

c23fea5a5bbb436ca83e6a2a8d96c2f6.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min And AOA’s Seolhyun Show Their Teamwork As Part Of A Special Police Task Force In “Awaken”

Nov 27, 2020

by C. Hong

tvN has shared some stills of Namgoong Min, AOA’s Seolhyun, Lee Shin Young, and Choi Dae Chul in the upcoming drama “Awaken.”

“Awaken” is a murder mystery drama that follows the connection between mysterious events unfolding in the present and an enigmatic incident that took place in a village 28 years ago. Namgoong Min stars as Do Jung Woo, the leader of a special task force at the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency. Seolhyun plays Gong Hye Won, a passionate police officer who is also on the task force.

Lee Shin Young plays Jang Ji Wan and Choi Dae Chul plays Yoon Suk Pil, also members of Do Jung Woo’s task force. Although Do Jung Woo is sharp and charismatic when it comes to catching criminals, he is unpredictable and clumsy around his team members. In the new stills, he flashes a confused smile and is the only one looking puzzled as the others line up to apologize in front of a superior.

namgoong-min-awaken2.jpeg

awaken-seolhyun-namgoong-min-lee-shin-yo

On the other hand, Gong Hye Won whips everyone on the team into shape with her blunt words and hot temper, ignoring the fact that Do Jung Woo is her senior. Unlike her, Jang Ji Wan has a lot of hero worship for Do Jung Woo, believing implicitly in everything he says. Yoon Suk Pil rounds out the task force as the team’s brains, in charge of gathering information and IT.

Spoiler

seolhyun-awaken2.jpeg

Spoiler

lee-shin-young-awaken.jpeg

“Awaken” premieres on November 30 and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1440495wpp/namgoong-min-and-aoas-seolhyun-show-their-teamwork-as-part-of-a-special-police-task-force-in-awaken

Archived