[Drama 2020/2021] Day and Night/Awaken, 낮과 밤

taskdramafanatic

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also want Jamie to remember everything and reunite with Jung Woo. I like the respectful relationship they have now but I really crave for the close bond they had in the past. Just imagine if they become close like before and she calls him oppa. TT TT 

*Cough*Any unnecessary scene with Clueless side chick*Cough*  

The Real storyline is DJW and his mission To bring down the evil group and to protect his childhood friend.That’s his goal right now and has been all the all the time. . The “love interest“ has so far been no help with either of those things. The romance Arc is nil. What is the characters purpose then? Shmoopy eyes and earnestness does not a interesting character make. 

So Jamie finally realized the third child’s identity and bad Jae Woong said that good Jae Woong will not go out again because they need to rush what they’re doing. Jae Woong is just after all White Night Foundation people. He doesn’t care about anything else. Jae Woong is mad at Jung Woo for taking Jamie and leaving him alone. Jae Woong is enemy of both the foundation and Jung Woo. If that’s the case, he can still have a slim chance for a change of heart. Anyway, the urge is to kill the people who experimented and abandoned him. But I don’t think that he will survive in the end. He will definitely die. That’s the fitting end for him although it still breaks my heart. I hope Jamie will realize Jae Woong has two sides and she was not played after all. Because the good Jae Woong was the one she had always been meeting in the convenience store. Maybe she can draw the good Jae Woong and have him suppress the bad side. That’s my wishful thinking at this point.

Hi All,

I am dropping by. I have been watching the drama for Nam Goong Min and enjoying the plot. Lately not loving it but still interested to keep plugging /chugging along to watch this drama.

-Sad that NGM character has a finite amount of time to live. Glad he is trying to bring down the FOUNDATION.

-The female cop and she likes her boss but he admitted having her close to hold her dad in check as he works for the Foundation. I concur GLAD she found out by hersel (though ML gave her breadcrumbs).

-The maknae of the group loving the praise he got for doing a good job. Cute! He doesn't get enough screen time but glad to see him a BIT  more this episode.

-The race to figure out the third person. Jamie figured it out so only a matter of time that JW does too . I agree with the man who took care of him and took him in--just saying a man who is 34 is VAGUE. 

I like that the ML is using the dirty money to give to bribe the female cop. She was right to wonder why he did not offer to the other guy who treasures him. He is too nice and cares for JW. Also to the drug seller---sad he is "dead" by the blue house guy's son. Dang. All over drugs. He finally had a chance for a future to go back to school and have his grandmother have her surgery. Sad sad.

Until next week I am liking this drama.

OST song

From DIGGLE

5 hours ago, rocher22 said:

JW is still looking for who the third child is.

Jamie found out and I expected her to tell him right away. :confused:

She could have visited WNV earlier.

JWs safety is more important.

Jaime doesn't know where JW is but she could have informed her team members.

JW will probably find him in the next episode.

The preview hinted at that possibility,even if he doesn't find Jae woong,at least he will get a very important clue about his identity .

Regarding Jaime visiting WNV, she could have visited earlier but she didn't want to . But now what's motivating her to visit WNV is jae woong's betrayal.

She always knew she had an important role in WNV tragedy but she never wanted to dig more into it, Maybe she was afraid of the truth.

But after JW was caught, she was ready to face everything about WNV as she became more curious. She mainly wanted to find what JW has to do with her.

JW promised her he will reveal everything the next time they meet.

I don't know if the writer will make her remember everything before that scene or will make JW to tell the truth about that night.

But I personally want her to remember everything before that confrontation.

In other forums, they were discussing how Jaime and the police force was dumb,at not realising all the victims had same watches.

I mean I get it, they never went through victims personal belongings, because the police force is dumb. This fact was already established. The cops and the special team are not that bright.

Why Jaime never noticed it, to think about that, she was always focussing on JW or rather obsessing over the fact that JW is the culprit. She was always looking out for him, observing him, noticing his every move. 

I thought why she was so ignorant about other possibilities.

why didn't she think someone else could be the killer?

But after thinking, I think she subconsciously was always trying to get close to JW. She wanted to figure out the mystery behind him.

Even before going to son minho's house to stop JW she was shouting that not even for once she believed JW was the culprit.

Moreover JW , I feel was always trying to distract her from looking into other possibilities.

I think this was to keep her safe and he did keep her safe to a point.

But now the foundation knows her identity and they are planning to use Jaime as JW weakness.

It's a fact that JW'S weakness is Jaime. From his childhood to this point he always cared about Jaime.

I wonder what he will now, since both foundation and Jae woong is coming for her.

He is the only one capable of stopping both of them.

Otherwise, Jaime's suppressed powers have to come out, so she can fight on her own.

Spoiler

So watched ep 11, I could only watch half of it rest I couldn't but from what I watched 

Hye won saved DW from the thugs,but the thug from the WNV injected DW with sedatives, so hye won brought him to the female forensic doctor and while they were waiting for JW to regain consciousness the female forensic doctor betrayed JW by informing his location. But instead of the cops ,the thugs came. 

Hye won threw acid on the thugs and escaped with JW.

After a while they parted, she asked him whether she can come with him and he said something I don't know what.

They sought of had a romantic interaction I think, I don't know.

Jaime went to the WNV and found the reporter also there.

She wanted to go to WNV which is on an island but due to rain both of them couldn't.

She suddenly had a flashback, in that little Jaime wanted to go back and save her other friends in the village but little JW seems to stop her. She called JW a monster( this is the flashback what we saw earlier from jae woong's perspective as he felt they abandoned him)

Little JW looked crushed when Jaime called him that.

The thug was asked to dispose something and when he opened the lid of the barrel I think he found the bodies of children.

He was disgusted and terrified, it seems like the thug never knew they were continuing the experiments.

Hye won confronted her father but I think he finally showed his real face . It's not clear what kind of conversation they had.

The female scientist is still alive, she has not aged a bit.

Seems like now she is experimenting on herself, I mean how can she not age.

Jae woong is crazy, his next target is blue house guy's child.

Son minho is going to use Jaime as JW weakness.

The next episode seems to be more crazy as jae woong is in the WNV confronting Jaime and the reporter.

Maybe this will help to release Jaime's suppressed powers.

I think all should see the next episode because according to TVN website the preview description says 

Jaime , JW and jae woong all meet at WNV town after all these years and jae woong who is angry at them for abandoning him attacks them.

So maybe tomorrow we will get the truth behind the incident that happened in WNV .

Jaime will probably regain her memories .

22 minutes ago, Dev11O said:
  Hide contents

So watched ep 11, I could only watch half of it rest I couldn't but from what I watched 

Hye won saved DW from the thugs,but the thug from the WNV injected DW with sedatives, so hye won brought him to the female forensic doctor and while they were waiting for JW to regain consciousness the female forensic doctor betrayed JW by informing his location. But instead of the cops ,the thugs came. 

After a while they parted, she asked him whether she can come with him and he said something I don't know what.

She wanted to go to WNV which is on an island but due to rain both of them couldn't.

She suddenly had a flashback, in that little Jaime wanted to go back and save her other friends in the village but little JW seems to stop her. She called JW a monster( this is the flashback what we saw earlier from jae woong's perspective as he felt they abandoned him)

The thug was asked to dispose something and when he opened the lid of the barrel I think he found the bodies of children.

He was disgusted and terrified, it seems like the thug never knew they were continuing the experiments.

Hye won confronted her father but I think he finally showed his real face . It's not clear what kind of conversation they had.

The next episode seems to be more crazy as jae woong is in the WNV confronting Jaime and the reporter.

I think all should see the next episode because according to TVN website the preview description says 

Jaime , JW and jae woong all meet at WNV town after all these years and jae woong who is angry at them for abandoning him attacks them.

So maybe tomorrow we will get the truth behind the incident that happened in WNV .

Thanks for the recap. Sadly this drama has very little following and audience seems to dwindle more every episode. Forums, even twitter andd IG are silent. I am also finding myself skipping some scenes esp. Hye Won's. Just want to thank everyone who's still hanging on despite the drama's lapses.

36 minutes ago, Dev11O said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Finally!!!! Can't wait for tomorrow's episode!! Thanks for always giving us a recap of the episode so quickly after it airs and the preview description too:)

13 minutes ago, x_x___chi said:

Thanks for the recap. Sadly this drama has very little following and audience seems to dwindle more every episode. Forums, even twitter andd IG are silent. I am also finding myself skipping some scenes esp. Hye Won's. Just want to thank everyone who's still hanging on despite the drama's lapses.

Thanks for being here with us too! I am sure some of us are still lurking around:)

I didn't watch the last ep, only read what you guys wrote here.

Police force are usually dumb when it is not an investigation based series but if they are dumb in a police thriller then that is only because the writing is DUMB. 

They almost have Jamie as a prop now. Stalling her and not letting her do anything of importance and on the top of that making her do dumb things is getting on my nerves, wallah. 

Edit: I like the journalist reporting from the harbor (?) and Jungwoo seeing Jamie on that frame. Now I really want to watch next ep. Makes me eager for the confrontation. Our Ramen eating Jae woong hasn't returned yet so I think he will only appear while trying to stop the evil jaewoong from killing either Jamie or Jung woo. I hope next ep will be packed but I am afraid they only have enough material for 2- 2 and a 1/2 eps now. This is only the 11th and so I am expecting them to delay things for the 15th and 16th ep. 

You guys are right, after every episode the viewers are only decreasing.

The drama had a lot of potential, if the writer had really spend a little more time on developing the characters and avoiding the loopholes. Then we would have had a solid script and a good drama.

In today's episode Hye won quit her job after knowing her father's involvement in the foundation.

At this rate, one major character's death is unavoidable.

The possible candidates are JW( he is already dying, he has the majority in this scenario)

Jaime ( her death is unlikely as JW is ready protect her,even it means death for him)

Jae woong,chances are more,even though his other personality is doing this, still his path is wrong. Maybe at the end he will sacrifice himself, I guess that will be his redemption.

Hye won, I wouldn't have added her but maybe the writer will make her death as punishment for her father.

The thug from WNV seems to have joined hands with JW. I don't know if he is going to betray him. I hope not..

I think after ep 12, the drama will pick up pace once more.

If Jaime remembers everything, there is a good chance she will join forces with JW.

The blue house guy has arranged the military for protection for his house.

From what I know, if in a drama, they show the SWAT team or military , a major death is on it's way. 

This drama seems like a combination of voice 3, kill it, the memorist.

At least the execution could have been better.

Let's wait for ep 12 .....

I think viewers probably expected a different kind of drama. When I read the summary before it came out, it gave me the impression that the detectives were going to be working on a mystery of serial killings that led back to a mass killing event from the past in a small village. What I didn’t expect is that the past incident would involve the two cops working on the case. That creates an entirely different show than what I expected. I also didn’t expect super-human stuff and human experimentation. I guess I was kind of expecting something similar to Tunnel or Signal.

7 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I think viewers probably expected a different kind of drama. 

I can't really speak for others but I had an inkling from Day 1 what this show was about. I had a feeling about the crazy sci-fi angle and the potential Dark Angel, Pretender angle that was only hinted at then. I had no problems and still have none about the crazy sci-fi stuff. In fact, I'm only hanging on because of the Loganesque plot and the delight of seeing NGM with a mo sucking on lollipops.

For me it was clear even from the earliest episodes that there was something not quite right with the script and the pacing of the drama. But of course I had hoped that things would improve and there's the NGM factor. I wish the show was outright terrible then it would be easier to give it the flick. But it has these occasional moments of decent television and it leaves me shaking my head wondering why they can't do it much more consistently. Let's also not go into how I feel about the fillers. I want more of the crazy sci-fi and the evil Foundation but the show insists on giving me more of Hye-won giving Jung-woo long, blank stares. Here the romance plays badly as well for all kinds of reasons that I won't go into here. More importantly it's unnecessary.

In recent episodes, Jamie's role in the drama has been relegated to extended cameos. Why? She's supposed to be one of the three that managed to escape the clutches of Mad Village. What's the purpose Gong Hye-won? Aside from the fact that she's Mad Professor Gong's daughter. She's a totally unnecessary character except as an eye-witness.  This points to a serious weakness in character development.

To be frank, I don't think the problem is that we're expecting a different drama. I think what most of us are expecting is a better drama with better storytelling, better development for the women and better use of existing characters. Coherence is weak. The dialogue clunky. In other words, I want a more disciplined tighter script that doesn't resort to rehashing already known facts to fill up air time.

I'm disappointed because this show has most of the elements to be a decent intriguing sci-fi crime drama.

@40somethingahjumma, I honestly prefer detective stories or mysteries when the detectives themselves are not part of the case. I was expecting a detective story and style like Signal or Tunnel where the detectives worked on discovering the truth about serial murders in the past that are now also occurring in the present. When I found out about the sci-fi part with superhuman strength and powers, I was caught off guard. I never watched The Pretender but I did watch Dark Angel but at least I knew what to expect when I began watching that show. 

Archived