[Drama 2020/2021] Day and Night/Awaken, 낮과 밤

taskdramafanatic

has this writer/pd helmed any other good projects before?

Also is there any other dramas with the similar theme, in any language? Because the main idea is so interesting. The best part of the eps are when they show the WNV children. 

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, akiera said:

has this writer/pd helmed any other good projects before?

Also is there any other dramas with the similar theme, in any language? Because the main idea is so interesting. The best part of the eps are when they show the WNV children. 

According to my search, I found the writer has done two dramas before, both short dramas consisting of ep 5 and ep 4.

This drama is the writer first drama which consists of 16 episodes.

Both short dramas were light rom-coms.

This is a thriller, so there maybe some downfalls.

The concept of this drama is very interesting. But the script and execution can be a little bit better.

I find kdrama kill it having a similar theme. You can check that out.

Does HyeWon not recognized her dad's pictures on that bookshelf as from WNV? Is there any banner or writing on that pics? Or has she/the police seen or found similar pictures when digging on Son Mino and WNV but HyeWon just can't put two and two together?

She probably has been told he is just doctor who worked with orphans and presumably dad did some covering of tracks. Leave no paper trail and had his name redacted from official documents. It’s going to horrify and destroy her when she finds out he is a psychopath who experimented on her (potential) boo and made him like he is. Oh, And gave him a terminal brain disease. 

44 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Does no one curious about the woman scientist????

She looks psycho but the important clue is that she told JW that u are the special one ofcourse because you are my child. 

If it is true that JW was her child then that would be damn...

I was also freaked out when she said that . Then I thought maybe she created him in the lab, that's why she said you are my child , my creation.

But if they really used her DNA to create him, then DW got a psycho mom.

I wonder, is she alive or dead?

I hope she is alive, so she can get what she deserves.

Hye won will go crazy, if she finds out her dad is a pyscho who does experiments on orphans.

It will be difficult for her character to handle this news.

From the preview, it seems that Jaime is getting to know that JW already drew her portrait, before she even met him.

I think by next two episodes, she will also be on JW'S side officially.

Maybe a similar trauma like the WNV could possibly trigger her forgotten memories.

I think the moment jae woong goes into his evil persona, he will definitely want to get rid of Jaime.

Maybe this situation could trigger her memories.

Once she remembers everything, we will get to see the duo we have been waiting for JW and Jaime.

Then that's it for the villians.

1 hour ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Does no one curious about the woman scientist????

She looks psycho but the important clue is that she told JW that u are the special one ofcourse because you are my child. 

If it is true that JW was her child then that would be damn...

I think she only meant Jungwoo is her creation. Maybe her ovum was used if she was particular about it. But in anycase, the 'child' mention was more of a figurative sense

Right! While I am really disappointed it’s seemingly not with Jaime  The man has never had much softness  or love in his adult life as far as we know which is doubly sad as He was a such caring protective child despite his environment. He deserves to be loved in his last days. 

Professor Gong is dangerous opponent.

It seems to me that he knows that  JW is in love with HW.

I dont know if HW is his biological daughter.

Did JW check it...

HW had a happy childhood. 

I think she will feel some guilt about it when she finds out the truth.

1 hour ago, RobinM said:

Question: what did Jaime  mean When she said to HW about it would would work for her(Jaime) but not for latter? After her and DJW had made the deal.

I also didn't get that part clearly. 

But from my understanding Hye won will never let go JW free. There is no deal he can make with her. Even though she has feelings for him,she will never let go JW free.

Whereas in case of Jaime,

JW got arrested and the case was solved. But Jaime never got answers about her past and why JW did this. She is really curious about the incident in WNV, as she fears she might have caused it. She just doesn't show it outside but she is desperate. This is the reason why she agreed to JW deal, and allowed him to go .

JW also knows that Jaime is really desperate to know more about her past. He just used it. He knows it will work on her. That past seems to be the weakness for Jaime.

JW cannot fight that foundation alone.

Jamie will definitely help him, but I hope that gangster will be on his side too.

I didnt understand if the foundation knew there was another Jae Woong.

The foundation took everything from those children...

Ep7fTfXVgAInH_n?format=jpg&name=large

TvN

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

JW cannot fight that foundation alone.

Jamie will definitely help him, but I hope that gangster will be on his side too.

I didnt understand if the foundation knew there was another Jae Woong.

The foundation took everything from those children...

JW thinks he can because he is the only one who can complete the formula. The formula seems to make one immortal by stopping the process of aging.

They can't kill him because they need him.

JW, if he wants to live, he needs to go to the foundation because they are the only ones who can provide a solution to his illness. He knows this, but he really doesn't want to give in to the foundation because he wants to stop everything and destroy the foundation forever, even it means death for him.

From the preview of the next episode, it seems Jaime is going to the building where they found the laptop with the victims name on it.

She could really find a clue as to who the killer is.

From what I think, JW didn't know the real killer at the beginning but a visit to the building seems to provide him with a clue. Maybe Jaime will also find this.

He knows Jaime is the not the one doing this, which leads to jae woong being the killer. JW seems to be protecting him because he possibly knows jae woong is sick. Maybe to cure him, JW is desperately looking for him. It's either prison or death for JW, so he will do everything in his power to protect the people he cares about. Since jae woong is the youngest one among the three, JW may feel like he should be the one to protect Jae woong.

What makes me curious is that how Jaime will react if jae woong is found as the killer.

Jaime has a liking to jae woong, not love like relationship but a special attachment, which she herself can't explain. Will she finally understand what Hye won is going through?

Will she sacrifice JW to save jae woong?

Will she do the same thing she did JW; to bring jae woong in front of law?

If jae woong has DID, his other personality wants to get rid of Jaime. That means Jaime is in danger. Will JW able to protect her from jae woong?

If she remembers even a tiny part of whom JW was to her when they were young, then everything could change.

She will certainly forget everything about her ethics and all and destroy the foundation.

I also have doubts whether jae woong will survive .

He also have brain damage, like JW and Jaime.

It's not clear whether the foundation knew jae woong has another personality. But as far as I can understand, the foundation must have an idea about the side effects of the experiments. I also have doubts about whether jae woong has an evil twin or something or its just his DID.

Jeez, The foundation really took everything from these kids, it seems. They messed up these kids so much.

In a sense,the foundation created their own deaths.

Archived