[Drama 2020/2021] Day and Night/Awaken, 낮과 밤

taskdramafanatic

In one forum , everyone was trying to figure who the FML is ? Lee Chung ah or seolhyun? 

But I don't care for me it's Lee Chung ah. I don't know why? But she seems to be a perfect fit for this character.

She seems to have done only less work as lead ,even though she is a senior in industry. But all the promotion labelled seolhyun as FML, why? Because she is a popular idol?

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She is the bigger name and an Idol. So they want to draw in her fans. I seriously don’t want them to give her the love line or change the planned LL to please the vocal fan girls and boys. That would bite.

Also. There are plenty of great Very dark Crime/Mystery/Paranormal dramas on OCN for those who want no romance or love line whatsoever. They really don’t do that genre. On TVN it’s different. Feelings gonna happen. No kisses or Major Declarations But just them coming to trust each other and attraction  because that man is fine AF and she is beautiful AF. Hopefully some flirty ness much later on :)

Guys , I have one doubt , the 4 victims who died , one death was different right. The student , that person didn't have any connection to the past . But he did die in the way as the rest.

what was the connection of the rest. Is it mentioned ? Did they have any ties to the foundation?

2 hours ago, Dev11O said:

Guys , I have one doubt , the 4 victims who died , one death was different right. The student , that person didn't have any connection to the past . But he did die in the way as the rest.

what was the connection of the rest. Is it mentioned ? Did they have any ties to the foundation?

I dont think that has been explained yet...

On 12/9/2020 at 12:27 PM, Dev11O said:

Lucid dreams and sleep therapy is indeed connected together. During lucid dreams ,the person who is dreaming has control over their surroundings. Maybe the victims thought they were having lucid dreams and they could do whatever they want in their dreams.

Lucid dreaming seems like the most obvious explanation for their behaviour to me too and it is related to the watches telling the opposite time somehow.

7 hours ago, RobinM said:

Also. There are plenty of great Very dark Crime/Mystery/Paranormal dramas on OCN for those who want no romance or love line whatsoever. They really don’t do that genre. On TVN it’s different. Feelings gonna happen. No kisses or Major Declarations But just them coming to trust each other and attraction  because that man is fine AF and she is beautiful AF. Hopefully some flirty ness much later on :)

I do think this drama would have worked better on OCN.  OCN would have got rid of Hye Won's annoying, childish character for a start:lol: The drama would also be darker and more focused on that channel.

5 hours ago, Dev11O said:

The drama hasn't explained yet but there is definitely an anomaly with that death compared to the others. He was only a teen student so too young to be involved with the foundation. They mentioned his father was an important lawyer so maybe his dad has a link to White Night Village?

The Son Min Ho death seems different too.  We see him looking at a knife but didn't see any "lucid dream" behaviour and his death scene killed innocent people whereas the previous deaths were targeted only towards the victim.

Cho Hyun-hee - the genius female scientist is obviously important.  Could she still be alive?  The only middle age women we have seen in the drama are the corrupt policewoman with a link to the Foundation (Taek Jo Lee), Hye Won's mother and the wife of the pervert professor.

5 hours ago, raziela said:

The drama hasn't explained yet but there is definitely an anomaly with that death compared to the others. He was only a teen student so too young to be involved with the foundation. They mentioned his father was an important lawyer so maybe his dad has a link to White Night Village?

The Son Min Ho death seems different too.  We see him looking at a knife but didn't see any "lucid dream" behaviour and his death scene killed innocent people whereas the previous deaths were targeted only towards the victim.

Cho Hyun-hee - the genius female scientist is obviously important.  Could she still be alive?  The only middle age women we have seen in the drama are the corrupt policewoman with a link to the Foundation (Taek Jo Lee), Hye Won's mother and the wife of the pervert professor.

The reason I asked whether the anamoly has been explained was because -

What if there are two killers? The student's murder was done by someone else using the same method as the rest? Because the student is different ,with no possible connections to the village. 

The attack on son min Ho was also different , he didn't show any crazy behaviour like the rest of the victims. 

What if someone took advantage of the possible killer out there?

Cho Hyun hee she is an important part of this story. Nothing has been mentioned about her regarding her role on that day in the village.

Is she dead or alive? 

They already mentioned she was an intelligent scientist . Does she have something to do with what is happening now?

Or is she the real villian?

Hello, I am practically new here and I decided to join because I am really intrigued with the show's plot! Glad to find such an active and interesting forum and discussion here as I can't really find someone to talk to about this drama! A lot has been discussed here and I am so in awe with what everyone's "theories" and explanations. Personally, I feel that the perpetrators may be the group of researchers who fled white night village before the tragedy happened. With what was written in the book, they justify their evil-doings with good intentions, just like these forewarned murders. With their experience at white night village (drug-production?) and their "intellects", I think they have the capability to control the victims into committing suicide.

1 hour ago, Soar Wi said:

Hello, I am practically new here and I decided to join because I am really intrigued with the show's plot! Glad to find such an active and interesting forum and discussion here as I can't really find someone to talk to about this drama! A lot has been discussed here and I am so in awe with what everyone's "theories" and explanations. Personally, I feel that the perpetrators may be the group of researchers who fled white night village before the tragedy happened. With what was written in the book, they justify their evil-doings with good intentions, just like these forewarned murders. With their experience at white night village (drug-production?) and their "intellects", I think they have the capability to control the victims into committing suicide.

Welcome to the forum..

A group of people planning and executing this, is also a good theory. It could be possible. It's really hard to predict the story of this drama. This drama seems to be a mix of different genres . I hope they won't mess this up.

@Dev11O@Dev11O Two killers is a plausible theory. Another theory I saw was maybe the student was a "test run" to see if this method of murder would work. He was a disgusting person anyway who raped and murdered and had no remorse so he was as good a guinea pig as any. 

I think there has to be some very significant about this first death and first victim we haven't noticed. JW started thinking about Jamie when he was looking at the case files. Jae Woong felt an affinity towards her. Her picture brought together our three survivors in one place. JW chose to only visit that victim's family and to specifically take Jamie. I think I need to rewatch their visit again to see if there are any more clues. 

Welcometo to the thread! @Soar Wi I think so too. Son Min Ho was the charismatic front man but someone else was really in charge of White Night Village. Could they have arranged for White Night Village and inhabitants to be destroyed to remove evidence of the experiments? 

In twitter, they are saying that seolhyun in the cast interview revealed that the killer would be revealed to us, in ep 5. So if that is right then, we will know whether our theories are right or wrong.

I hope the lead is not the killer.

1 hour ago, Dev11O said:

In twitter, they are saying that seolhyun in the cast interview revealed that the killer would be revealed to us, in ep 5. So if that is right then, we will know whether our theories are right or wrong.

I hope the lead is not the killer.

Thanks. I remember in the pre-release interviews NGM and LCA said the murders aren't the most important part of the plot and we would find out the killer early on. Also that the killer appeared in Episode 1 or 2.

I think the mystery surrounding whatever was going on at White Night Village/Foundation, our three survivors, the events on the night of disaster and exposing and finding justice for the children is the real story. 

22 hours ago, RobinM said:

Also. There are plenty of great Very dark Crime/Mystery/Paranormal dramas on OCN for those who want no romance or love line whatsoever. They really don’t do that genre

I know there are comments that states that they wonder why it is not on OCN’s care. I agree haha but I feel like they are giving us this scenes not only because they wanted to attract ships but at the same time to ease off the tension.

Honestly at this point, I’m not chasing after any ships, I’m like...:Pandabulous:I want to know more about JW

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

Im sure JW isnt the  killer. 

Hmm...sparkly...

TvN

:flushed: I still don't quite understand this scene. Why did he want her touch him again? When did Jamie touch his muscles before? And why was he flexing for her? :flushed:

Jamie was so cute here. Poor Jamie getting teased by DJW! :sweatingbullets:

32 minutes ago, raziela said:

:flushed: I still don't quite understand this scene. Why did he want her touch him again? When did Jamie touch his muscles before? And why was he flexing for her? :flushed:

Jamie was so cute here. Poor Jamie getting teased by DJW! :sweatingbullets:

I didnt quite understand why he did it either.

Jamie said that she felt the muscles of that girl and that she may have been injured.

In the scene in that passage it seems that there were some touches between Jamie and JW...

I guess JW meant that scene...:unsure:

According to the preview description of episode 5 on TVN website , Hye won continues to search for Jung woo in the accident site in hopes of him being still alive.

The kidnapped Jaime recalls  memories of the past that she had lost while running away and she solves a puzzle of incidents that seemed unrelated to each other.

If this description is right , then I am very much excited for Jaime to recall everything and join forces with Jung woo.

Archived