[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Love Equations 致我们甜甜的小美满

sugarplum892

I finished watching this yesterday.  I liked it.  I found the 1st 10 episodes very slow and  wanted to stop right there.  But after both of the leads confessed their love, i got interested and from there i finished it watching.  I too liked how the ML fall in love with out FL first.  For a dull and a-social character, i was surprised how the writer made the ML fall in love first.  

For the FL, who is just 18 years now, but when she filmed this - she must be only 17 yrs, so many kiss scenes.  We can see how the SG start with only peck and it goes into a deep kiss in some scenes.  But for 17 yrs,she look healthy and matured girl.  I liked her acting too, since this is her first main role.   but in some places, she just stares and there is no emotions in her face.  There is always place for improvement and i will surely follow her future dramas.  

As for SG, he is ok too. i heard good reviews about him in "Flavour its yours" with song irene.  its in my watchlist.  

I severly had SLS.  Awww, i want to see Li Ge Yang in main role.  I was crying for him in the earth quake scene when he got hurt.  I find him cute than the ML. hehe

of all the characters, Lu and Weiwei is the best.  I liked them both.  

FL's parents were so cute.  I like the dad very much in almost all dramas where he acts as a dad.  

They have tried to do the KOI dance from Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu japanese dorama at the end of the special episode.  But not up to the par.  Its a perfect dance from gakki, gen hoshino and the rest in the original.

Overall i enjoyed it and i will give this 7/10. 

On 8/7/2020 at 8:22 AM, realistic2280a said:

Im not sure why PYHOMS has a better feel compared to the two; the actor LiN Yi seemed more natural, while Gong Jun maybe handsome but there is just something too stiff about the delivery of dialogues.

I totally agree and it is funny because on the surface the characters are so similar. Both quiet, science geek introverts who fall for the female lead first. I think the writing in PYHOMS was better and Lin Yi's portrayal of his male lead was a lot more natural and endearing. 

On 8/8/2020 at 6:58 AM, pad-hari said:

I severly had SLS.  Awww, i want to see Li Ge Yang in main role.  I was crying for him in the earth quake scene when he got hurt.  I find him cute than the ML. hehe

You and me both! Good thing I disliked the female lead so I thoight it was a blessing in disguise they didn't end up together. I can console myself in the future he ended up with an intelligent , gorgeous girl who actually appreciated him:hwaiting:

On 8/8/2020 at 6:58 AM, pad-hari said:

They have tried to do the KOI dance from Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu japanese dorama at the end of the special episode.  But not up to the par.  Its a perfect dance from gakki, gen hoshino and the rest in the original.

Oh is that where the dance was from? I didn't realise the dance was from a J-drama. How random! 

4 hours ago, raziela said:

Oh is that where the dance was from? I didn't realise the dance was from a J-drama. How random! 

Oh yeah, they have copied from that drama.  In English it translates as "We married as a job".  If u watch japanese dramas, u have to give this one a try.  A very very good one.  Both aragaki yui and gen hoshino have done a good job and it was a hit among both japan and int'l viewers.

On 8/11/2020 at 3:41 AM, pad-hari said:

Oh yeah, they have copied from that drama.  In English it translates as "We married as a job".  If u watch japanese dramas, u have to give this one a try.  A very very good one.  Both aragaki yui and gen hoshino have done a good job and it was a hit among both japan and int'l viewers.

Thanks for the recommendation. I haven't watched a J-drama in a while. The found the last one I watched ( Koi wa Tsuzuku yo Dokomademo) was disappointing.

On 8/11/2020 at 6:34 AM, raziela said:

I totally agree and it is funny because on the surface the characters are so similar. Both quiet, science geek introverts who fall for the female lead first. I think the writing in PYHOMS was better and Lin Yi's portrayal of his male lead was a lot more natural and endearing. 

I think that's the key word... Endearing! Lin Yi is just so cute and endearing....  :lol:

Currently watching Le Coup de Founde... urgh, i dont understand why the smart people cant seemed to talk and the female lead is soooo meek! So different from her character in skate into love ..

Will write my review on that thread later:lol:

Archived