Director: 

Broadcast Period: 4/10/2020

Cast:

Liu Ren Yu

Simon Gong

Li Ge Yang

An Yong Chang

Synopsis:

Adorable and bubbly, Zhou Xiao (Liu Ren Yu) is a favorite among her peers. A university literature student with a penchant for detective novels, she spends her days lost in the pages of her favorite mysteries, always eager to find out what happens next. With such a devoted love of such stories, it comes as no surprise when she finds herself falling for one of the university’s forensic science majors. 

A seriously dedicated student in the forensic science department, Zhao Fanzhou (Gong Jun) has little time for anyone or anything, other than his studies. Cold and detached, he is the last person anyone would ever expect would fall in love. But when he meets Zhou Xiao, that’s exactly what happens. Wooed by her many charms, it doesn’t take long for the two to become a couple. But nothing lasts forever.

Eventually going their separate ways, it would seem their brief but happy love story is over. Or is it? When fate brings the two together, they find themselves wondering if it’s possible to achieve their dreams, in both their careers and in love.

Adapted from the novel “Sailing Round and Round in Circles” by Zhao Qian Qian, “The Love Equations” is a 2020 romantic drama directed by Xing Xiao. 

Cr viki

The Sweet Love Story 致我们甜甜的小美满 Viki Episodes

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

The Sweet Love Story 致我们甜甜的小美满 Viki Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

This drama is being subbed at several streaming sites. The drama is geo-restricted, so you will need to click on the links to see if it is available in your country.
Viki: https://www.viki.com/tv/36955c-the-love-equations
WeTV: https://wetv.vip/en/play/gyan2wvvpvythx7/u00339ccu20
Tencent Video YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMX26aiIvX5r05LCWIQMWFAv-XeSC-_Ec

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Love Equations 致我们甜甜的小美满

Thank god theres a thread for this drama. Im totally loving it. ♡♡♡

I like how ML is trying his best to express his love either by words or action while the FL seems to still be a little lost hahaha 

Though i felt bad for the ML during their "bus" date in ep14. The FL keeps on ignoring his presence and was sooo focused in writing her novel. She even failed to acknowledge/thanked the ML for buying and feeding her while she was so busy. 

Maybe its just me, but as of the moment even if they are together it looks like its still a one sided love affair hehehe

14 hours ago, jacquelinetan said:

I am enjoying this drama. Like it that Zhao Fun Zhou is assertive in his pursuit of Zhou Xiao. Like Put Your Head on my Shoulder, Fun Zhou also got a very supportive professor as well.

I agree. He supports her and tries to enjoy the things she likes. The professor is so cool. Its very seldom to see this character in school related dramas.

I can just stare at Simon Gong in the series ... don't need any story line. He just needs to smile or just serious look or just sheepish smile or shy smile or in love smile or jealous look ... all is mighty fine with me. What a gorgeous young man. He reminds me of Roy Qiu - another handsome devil.

Fan Zhou is absolutely adorable with all his dating skills coming from intense research online. He was so good at it that Zhou Xiao thinks that he is a player. So cute that his only reference to dates is her and only for one week. It is great when Fan Zhou joined Zhou Xiao's family and be able to experience a normal family life.

I cannot stand that mean girl who does not take no for an answer. She accused Zhou Xiao of snatching Fan Zhou from her but a good retort from Zhou Xiao whether Fan Zhou was hers in the first place. I thought it was so cute that Fan Zhou wanted to declare formal relationship and Fan Zhou said he sounded like a pregnant woman wanting a proper status. I like that Fan Zhou was a responsible man indicating he will not push if Zhou Xiao did not give her permission. For that, he got Zhou Xiao jumping into his bed instead. Fan Zhou made no plans to hide the fact that Zhou Xiao is his girlfriend.

The mean girl obviously "doctored" the result indicating a high chance that he will inherit his mother's mental illness. Fan Zhou will break up with Zhou Xiao but will you be able to be by his side? She is probably going to be just the person next to him.

On 4/28/2020 at 8:10 PM, visiopeia said:

has anyone watch till ep 22??? i want to know the below spoiler

Hide contents

the last part , he mention break up with Zhou Xiao.. does this means he inherit his mother's illness??

He does not. But mean girl "doctored" the result putting a 4 at one of the number indicating it is a 41 which means a high probability.

Finally watch finish.. sooooo sweet for ep 28.. the wedding part is touching... i think i better don't do spoiler here ^^ as i knew most of you yet to watch till ep 28

Conclusion, To win back her heart and to seek for her forgiveness, Zhao Fan Chou really did what ever he could, even it is childish matter, he still do it to catch her attention...  

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Love Equations 致我们甜甜的小美满
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just marathoned this drama.  I had high hopes when I read the synopsis but was to be disappointed. This was OK but I preferred Put Your Head On MY Shoulder over both this and A Love So Beautiful.  I found the lead characters in PYHOMS drama were much more likeable and had better chemistry than the other lead couples in ALSB and TLE

I started off liking the heroine because she was entertaining and not boy crazy and I always like seeing the male lead falling in love first.  However, by the end I was indifferent to the spoiled, childish heroine and the male lead was just boring.  Both break-ups were contrived and ridiculous.  The dynamic of their relationship was just weird.  ZF alternated between acting like her boyfriend and infantilizing ZX and acting like he was her mother.

Even though I didn't like the character I actually really enjoyed the Liu Ren Yu's acting as Zhou Xiao.  The actress is very pretty, cute, emotive and her acting was convincing.  My problem was with the incredibly irritating character rather than her performance.  

Cai Yasi - Li Ge Yang breaks my heart as second lead again:heartbreak:   I enjoyed CY's scenes with ZX more and it felt like he could handle her selfish character a lot better than Zhao Fanzhou. Initially, I had second lead syndrome but halfway through that disappeared as he deserved better than Zhou Xiao. Romance aside, Zhou Xiao was an absolutely rotten friend to Cai Yasi.  She didn't seem to care about him at all. She was only interested in him when she wanted something or didn't have anyone else to spend time with.CY's character was so intelligent and fun. I was hoping they would give him more of a storyline than unrequited love best friend/sidekick.  It seems like they were setting something up with his computer science team mate but it went nowhere and it's hinted that his parents don't pay much attention to him but that also went nowhere. It's a shame they didn't expand his storyline more.  He deserved better all round.

Zhu Lu - Zhu Lu was Best Girl alongside Wei Wei! I loved the way she became friends with the other girls at the start and I appreciated her focused and tough personality. 

Xie Yi Zing - annoyed me at first but despite his arrogance and stupidity, he was harmless and his heart was in the right place.  Plus he was an incredibly entertaining character which made it hard to hate him:lol: I couldn't stand the second couple in Put Your Head on My Shoulder but I liked this second couple here as much as the second couple A Love So Beautiful

Wei Wei - she was so cute and the most mature and intelligent of the friendship group.  Wish she had been given more to do too.

Tang Ling - her portrayal was insulting: dumb, clingy, lazy airhead "fat" (aka not stick thin like all the other girls) who only knows how to eat and sleep. She received a microscopic amount of character development in the final episode. 

The bonus episode 28 was fun.  ZX looked beautiful in her wedding dress and the actors and production dance party was super cute. From a technical standpoint I thought the directing for the drama was really nice with some very clever scene transitions and beautiful scenes.  Unfortunately, there were a lot of needless filler scenes and I think they could have cut the drama by 3 or 4 episodes.  27 + 1 episodes was unnecessarily long.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finish watching it... as with majority maybe, Put Your Head on my Shoulder is the clear winner of the series from the same author. When compared to a Love So Beautiful, i would probably put Love Equation as 2nd best because it is faster paced compares to ALSB, and its a managable 27 episodes only.

Overall thoughts, yes initially 

1. Nice too see male lead fall for female lead

2. Nice to see female lead wasnt aware but it come to a point when being clueless about ML linking the FL was a bit too much?

3. Male lead dialogues seemed calculated and boring (and why i rank ALSB low coz the boy never talk! Hahah)

4. FL seemed clueless and wasnt that intersted in ML.. she had more love for her detective work than ML.. haha

5. Ending was ok, with the extras... but i wish the dialogues were more natural than constrained.

Im not sure why PYHOMS has a better feel compared to the two; the actor LiN Yi seemed more natural, while Gong Jun maybe handsome but there is just something too stiff about the delivery of dialogues. Both actors are new to me...shows how i havent watch a lot of drama lately.. sigh

Lets see whats next from the author of the series

Archived