Guest JiNi;

Bio-Oil can indeed be used with those who

have eczema - and in fact has a loyal following among many eczema

sufferers!

While generally considered a clinical condition requiring the

intervention of a topically applied pharmaceutical, Bio-Oil, with its

soothing natural ingredients of Calendula and Chamomile, can offer great

symptomatic relief to eczema. It will help with relieving tightness and

itchiness, and improve the texture and general appearance of the skin.

Please note that Bio-Oil should never be used on broken skin.

Have a great day,

Nicole

Someone had asked me before if it was okay for eczema well I finally got an answer back. So I posted it for those who have eczema and wanted to try it out.

I'll be ordering it so I'll post up results whether if it really works :)

Update:

5 days ago I put a small amount of the bio-oil on my wrist {which had small spots of scars due to eczema} it's already day 6 and its almost completely gone!

I'll be putting the bio-oil on my leg {where it has the much worse ezcema scars} this week and post up results!

^^

Guest oppas4all

I have eczema too, and I was considering bio-oil but I didn't order yet because I wasn't sure. Don't forget to post your results soon.

Guest kawaiiprincess

hi! what exactly is bio oil made of? is this virgin coconut oil? cuz it's a real big thing here in manila right now.

ohh wow thankyou! cuz i have eczema and i used bio oil for my face and it made my face more dry and had more rashes so i was scared to use it.. so i stopped using it for my face and started using it for my arms and legs and it has been improving my condition.

I also have eczema and I just heard about bio oil few days ago. I was considering buying it.

But I don't know where to buy it cause they don't sell it in my country.

^ u can buy it on ebay or off of soompi's selling/trading

hmm... so it can be used in places other than the face? like arms and stuff?

yes i suppose. i've read the bio oil thread & there are ppl who even use it on their whole body after showering.

Guest .moony.

Im doing a survey on bio oil right now. Check my sig :)

And yea you can use it on ur body, but i dont think the results will show as fast ~

Broken skin, I think, is like when u hurt ur leg and it bleeds ~ then it leaves a red mark n stuff :D u know what im talkin bout right XD

Guest yumin1988

hi! what exactly is bio oil made of? is this virgin coconut oil? cuz it's a real big thing here in manila right now.

Erm...no virgin coconut oil in this... you can check out in the bio oil thread.

this is probably going to sound stupid, but what is exactly considered to be broken skin? -0-

broken skin are like just after you cut yourself and it bleeds and the wounds are still open or not closed up yet. it's not recommended for one to apply bio oil to those part of your body. but after your wounds healed and there's like a red scar/line on that part of your body ... you can apply bio oil to it because it's supposed to fade the scar faster. so don't put bio oil like you would iodine or whatever medication you would use to apply to a cut/open wound. only use it to fade the scar after your wound has healed somewhat.

Guest srenity

isnt result from eczema broken skin?

i used to get eczema on my finger(s), but now they're doing good

but now the folds on my arm are killing me and keep growing scabs and bleeding when i scratch =/

do they sell this elsewhere? (target? sav ons?)

[edit] n/m i checked the bio oil thread ( http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77822 )

would be convenient if they sold them in the US =/

i suppose if you scratch the eczema area (which is a condition of upper skin layer) and causes it to worsen ie. make it bleed or have oozing wounds ... it's not recommended for you to put bio oil on to that since it says don't apply to broken skin? there has to be a reason why they added the disclaimer ... don't apply on broken skin even on the bottle and that it's for external use only.

maybe someone should check this out with bio-oil representative on what degree of your eczema condition for you to be able to use bio-oil on it? from their site ... i've only seen mostly testimonials mainly on healing scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, ageing skin & dehydrated skin but no specific eczema sufferer's testimonial. if you just started having eczema then maybe using bio-oil will help relieve the dryness thus help lessen the itchness & stop it from worsening due to all those scratching?

• 1 month later...

Update:

5 days ago I put a small amount of the bio-oil on my wrist {which had small spots of scars due to eczema} it's already day 6 and its almost completely gone!

I'll be putting the bio-oil on my leg {where it has the much worse ezcema scars} this week and post up results!

^^

Someone had asked me before if it was okay for eczema well I finally got an answer back. So I posted it for those who have eczema and wanted to try it out.

I'll be ordering it so I'll post up results whether if it really works :)

Update:

^^

really?? that's soo good to hear because I have really bad eczema on my legs and i couldn't wear shorts in the summer time. sometimes the eczema gets out of control, so it's such a relief to hear that there's finally something that will help w/o having to go to a dermatologist.

Archived