For some reason I thought  that Yeon was immortal.

He is quite a powerful mountain spirit.

In that scene with those flying pieces of glass,  his power seems to be equal to Granny's power.

Im sure that JA also has some powers, but she is still not aware of that.

:hwaiting2:

fa3875ba245873869930b5a5b5d0417b344e1a36

520ab556501254d09ed1d20d68ceb23e6be16f2f

https://ohsehuns.tumblr.com/post/633366212979638272/tale-of-the-nine-tailed-there-is-no-salvation

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just finished ep 6 and I am so conflicted. I'm going to put everything in the spoilers for key events that happened from ep 6 since ep 5 was mostly centered around JA and LY's growing relationship (wh

Oh yes this is really good! Source: DCGall, credit as labeled

New stills for tomorrow's episode. Source: BreakNews

1604038849.gif

If I'm reborn I want to live as a human.

1604037021.gif

1604042310.gif

Source: DCGall, credit as labeled

Aigoo~~~~ Lee Yeon, you're dumb! *facepalm* :criesariver:You lying liar!

Spoiler

1604071251.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Loved this scene so much... so underappreciated! :D

1604057107.gif

And this is adorable I suppose.

16040571071.gif

And the last scene of episode 8.

1604060237.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 3

@Jillia Thanks for sharing all the pictures with us. Yes, the scene Lee Yeon had with Grandpa was very touching, just as much as the one with Granny at the 'altar', holding onto the son's shoe. I am sure there is more to this story and in time the show will reveal why the son died [I can't wait for that]. I suppose eventually Granny will come to terms with the fact that sacrificing in the name of love is alright...

My take on Rang and the message that the scriptwriter had for us, the audience, is that there have always been choices for him or that life is about making choices and living with the consequences. The first time we were informed of this was when Lee Yeon first met him and said he regretted coming to check out the son that his father had with a mortal woman. That Rang had a choice, to fight for his survival or to submit to what befell him. The second time was when Lee Yeon said he knew that Rang had something to do with the Imoogi, and that was the choice he had made. And then, the Gomoku game, that he had made a choice to give into Rang and let him win all this while, suggesting to him that it was not just the game but all the other decisions, and finally that he had regretted saving him... I think the final sentence was not really that he regretted it. But that if this was the version of Rang that turned out to be, then it would have been better that Rang had not lived on. And I think Rang knows what Lee Yeon is saying but he cannot accept that there is anything wrong with the choices he has made and the person he has become today. Once he reconciles with that, then, that is the turning point for Rang.

• Like 3

I skip most of the episode 7 but watch episode 8 fully. I am glad LY save his little brother, the idiot LR. She will be fine.. She died once (Eer.. Am I evil?) but his brother its the same person since long time ago. Blood is thicker than water, right? Why the imoogi was so important to bring back alive? 

I know I am here for the cast.lol. The beautiful red hair LDW. Everybody is not pretty bad either. Lets hope this story ends well. Our couple will somehow live forever together. 

• Like 1

i think i understand why He choose to save LR instead of Ji ah.

it is because he know that shin ju is watching ji ah so he can somehow save her by snapping her out of the curse. 

meanwhile he didnt knew where lee rang is. and i bet he knew exactly the power of the lady because he knew her well that imoogi send her. so i bet that he knew how to undo it. 

as we can see in the preview Ji ah is alright maybe that because Shin Ju snap her out from the curse.

let see what happen next week

• Like 1

Episode 7 Review :

Mostly Filler but had some Interesting Moments.

BEST ONE : Baby Blacky Legit Looked like Asian Harry Potter with those glasses on!, I for one felt he broke Lee Rang's defenses more than LY did. LR took care of him when he was a dog in Fox mountain as a little brother and his own Kid so it was usual. But in this life Why does he keep on roaming around without any Adult next to him even at Night perplexes me, either his parents have not admitted him to school or they trust him too much to know that even if he wanders around South Korea he will find his way back home Easily. K drama Logic 1 0 1.

This episode had a Lot I mean A lott of Sexual Innuendos. Fun if one caught it. Foxes and their Hormonal Heat Lol.

Lee Yeon watches Ji Ah while sleeping>> Reminiscent again of Edward Cullen from Twilight.

MINT CHOCOLATE ICECREAM is Lee Yeon true Soulmate, JiAh is the Third Wheel IMO. LMAO.

Jiah asked what usually does Lee Yeon do at night?? My answer : Stalk ladies who look like his first love Ah Eum to detect Fox Bead for a possible reincarnated version or Hunt down Baddie Foxes who violated law.

Now onto Serious parts:

• CEO might have the Sinners mark but it is not visible to Naked Eye.
  • Snake Teen is handsome AF, the thing is...I though AH Eum was his daughter??Even if she was born to be a sacrifice how did she become a Bride??? This is confusing.
  • Ji Ah in general is very nosy , Period. When the CEO specifically said 2nd floor is off limits, even if she heard voices she could have asked the staff or Him to look into it instead of investigating it herself. Had LY not called she would have been completely lured by Imugi Handsome Dude.
  • I like Lee Rang's character more than Lee Yeon , he has more layers to him. But he is a sadist when it comes to his brother, he wants LY to feel the pain of having no-one like he did, I that is why think He hurted Dr. Doolittle too much o purpose because he is jealous that Dr. Doolittle got to spend more time with his brother than He ever DID. Also he did intend JiAh to wear those glasses just so she could hate LY and he feels pain. Sadist I tell ya.
  • Dr. Doolittle should watch C dramas, falling in love with a Lady not knowing her clear emotions only leads to heartbreak , stop being smitten by her in order to not get killed By her because she is obligated to the person who saved her , you will never know that she likes you unless she finds the courage to come out her trap.

EPI 8 ...TBC

• Like 3
  • Love 1

EPISODE 8 Review:

WOW, I finished without stopping this one. IMO They should show less romance and More Urban Legends / Lee Rang that is WAY MORE Interesting.

• Last 10 minutes were Like, dude LY is in a Fatal Love triangle stuck between Lover and Brother.
  • Ji AH either gets to be with an Older Fox or Younger Snake? Can she be with the same age Lee Rang? wHAT is this Lol. Just Kidding.

2 BGM are just brilliant...The Door Key one and LR/LY BGM when he rescues the baby LR.

One thing I observed Baby Nugget Blacky acts exactly the same as baby LR did, he learnt it in his previous life maybe and also He is an Orphan or Fostered judging by the wounded face he had today.

Also JiAh's Boss with imaginary stories should meet Gatekeeper Halabhuji, they Talk a LOTT....its annoying at times.

I liked the juxtaposition of how LR being too oversmart got literally entrapped in his Own Net,I mean the CEO breathes the dead soul why would he even expect him to be loyal to a mere half Fox instead of Monster Imugi? He brought the dialog upon himself by LY "I shouldn't have saved you", although seemed harsh But hear me out ..AH EUM or Ji AH uptil now never Harmed LR, whereas he literally trapped her to make Imugi ALIVE again, yet LY went onto save him instead of JA (I cried at that seen ut of their brotherly bond but still)

AH EUM/Lee Yeon story is still incomplete, Supposedly by subs AE was always born to be a sacrificial lamb for Imugi, her father bartered his soul in order to keep her alive, LY knew she was the target ??? I mean he knew her father the King got possesed by Imugi and here she came herself to accept him as a guard dog and eventually they fell in love with each other, the trapping/non trapping was slightly true but mostly façade??

JiAh still has the traces of snake soul left, but what left me creeped out was how she at her 9 year old recording was able to read something on board in 2020 , why? BECAUSE the taping telepathy kinda like Jiah soul serpent was listening to Baby Jiah Serpent confession and in 2020 Imugi heard that via Jiah and overtook the taping and read stuff on board???I can't explain it better.

LY sacrifices but there is a slight duality in here, he uses his subordinate Dr Doolittle at times and also somehow used LR after AEs death, LR holds a lot of grudges there. They have one screwed up dynamics, also if LRs birth Mom wanted to abandon the Kid or Kill him, their FATHER is not a good person it seems or maybe the lady was scared of Monsters.

Imugi wants FOX King to be removed, How are they Lethal enemies still needs to be seen, that is why he sent the Ahjumma with hideous green attire who touches and reads Fears of creatures and sends them back there,(What are you most afraid of, coincidently this was asked to Dokebbi by his friend who feared for his life and did not want to become one??) But they can be killed there permanently. He literally used Divide and Rule Policy with LY here.

2 PLOT points added??Will be explored?

• Grim Reaper Halmoni and GATEKEEPER Halabhuji's Dead Son??Bok Gil>>>Need this Urban Legend
  • Snail Bride's Farmer Husband??Maybe it was just foreshadowing on what was to come by Bellatrix Lestrange of Imugi Voldemort.

Cliffhangers, Episode 9 better be good and full of Legends. Loving it so far.

black and white insanity GIF

@SweetButters Looking at the Logistics behind this Show, Whosoever Reincarnated was Not a God, Imoogi's soul was trapped so he latched onto an infant to resurrect.

If the Gods/Immortals have a Single streamline Life here , then there Life/Death cycle is only applicable once.

That angle + Taking your Own Life as is the Ultimate Sin maybe...

I may be wrong though (and as per Viki for the scene between LY and Halabhuji it translated kinda like 

"Because if you throw out your own Orders you cannot be reincarnated which was Weird")

• Like 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, kboramint said:

hello guys. new here, love the drama so far. are the writers pointing out that Ji Ah is a serpent demon without her even knowing?   

Hi welcome to the thread! :D

I think it's more like the Imoogi is still partly inside Ji Ah from her past life. That's what I took from it. :D

Catch me up peeps. Since I have been on my  Viki boycott, I did not know this drama exists until I temporarily backslid today to look at some older free dramas. Plus, this has one of my favorite male leads in it. Is this drama's writing and aesthetics good so far? More importantly, is this drama fully subbed within 24 hours?

• Like 1
On 10/31/2020 at 2:12 PM, madmad min said:

@SweetButters Looking at the Logistics behind this Show, Whosoever Reincarnated was Not a God, Imoogi's soul was trapped so he latched onto an infant to resurrect.

If the Gods/Immortals have a Single streamline Life here , then there Life/Death cycle is only applicable once.

That angle + Taking your Own Life as is the Ultimate Sin maybe...

I may be wrong though (and as per Viki for the scene between LY and Halabhuji it translated kinda like 

"Because if you throw out your own Orders you cannot be reincarnated which was Weird")

@madmad min Yea I finally deduced that the act of suicide is just a taboo that guarantees no reincarnation. Just go to my Tumblr blog for my analysis on it haha! I feel like the whole Ah Eum death thing is like Snape being worry that his soul would be tainted for killing Dumbledore if you get my drift. With the translation part that you were talking about, I think you may find a better one on kissasian or drama cool!

• Like 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] Tale of Gumiho, 구미호뎐
  • Admin locked and unlocked this topic