[Drama 2020] Tale of Gumiho, 구미호뎐

taskdramafanatic

Not-so-patiently waiting for the spinoff to show up online somewhere with subs... I've been digging through the internet all day, and only found a few low-quality, unsubbed, one minute long clips on YouTube! 

EDITED TO ADD: 

Anyway, I admit I have a hard time understanding how some viewers feel zero sympathy for Lee Rang. It's hardly a surprise his moral compass is off-kilter: not only was he unwanted, abused, and abandoned, but he essentially had to grow up alone with no guidance after the mountain burned. And it's been revealed in recent episodes that he was forced into an unwilling contract with the chairman after being saved, and that a lot of his actions are a direct result of what the chairman and Imugi wanted. I doubt he has any personal interest in reviving Imugi! I'm really curious to see what he does going forward, now that he's free from that servitude. At this point I'm more invested in him than the main couple! I find him so complex and compelling.

Edited by kehrite
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, kehrite said:

Anyway, I admit I have a hard time understanding how some viewers feel zero sympathy for Lee Rang. It's hardly a surprise his moral compass is off-kilter: not only was he unwanted, abused, and abandoned, but he essentially had to grow up alone with no guidance after the mountain burned. And it's been revealed in recent episodes that he was forced into an unwilling contract with the chairman after being saved, and that a lot of his actions are a direct result of what the chairman and Imugi wanted. I doubt he has any personal interest in reviving Imugi! I'm really curious to see what he does going forward, now that he's free from that servitude. At this point I'm more invested in him than the main couple! I find him so complex and compelling.

I completely agree with you. I used to not care about him at all at the beginning of the drama but when they showed us his sad backstory I couldn't help but feel sorry and empathy for him. I confess that I also find it weird when I see people that don't feel the same about him after seeing everything he's been through the years, but well... each person has a perspective, you can't please everyone lol I think that Kim Bum's portrayal of Lee Rang is SO well done, specially when it comes to emotional scenes. As I said here before, you can deeply feel his pain, sadness, rage and everything in between, I think that's why so many people started to like and care more about him than the main leads of the drama. His performance is outstanding and very captivating.

I really liked the first episode of the spin off. Taking from the teasers, it looks like Yuri will be in the next one, along with Shin Ju, and the third and last episode will focus on Lee Rang's relationship with Kim Su Oh (geumdoong/puppy kid), I can't wait for that because his relationship with him is my favorite plot of the drama.