[Drama 2020] Tale of Gumiho, 구미호뎐

taskdramafanatic

@kehrite, are you me? I can't count how much my heart has been broken by now because of Rang and how much it hurt to hate someone he loves the most. The only thing that keeps him going is finding way to gain Yeon's attention. Albeit that was a short scene when he got to spent time playing Go with Yeon, it can be seen Rang loves spending time with Yeon. I can't help but hating Yeon for destroying Rang's happy memories though. I was furiously mad at him.

I guess the main reason why I can't really get into Ah Eum/Ji Ah and Yeon is because of Rang. In Yeon's eyes, he saved Rang, he took care of him, he gave him a chance to keep on living. But from Rang's perspective, he was abandoned by his mother, then by Yeon and then stabbed by Yeon. The tough love he received from Yeon just bring suffering to him. Reminds me of the line in Record of Youth that love that is not being shown is not love. If Rang was under the care of Yeon, he must have met Ah Eum too. Yeon saved Rang when he was a kid, abandoned him when he was still a kid, so Ah Eum must has been a teenager/adult during those time Rang under Yeon's care. Or did Rang took a while to grow to a teenager because he is half-human?  If Ah Eum spent so much time with Yeon in the mountain, there is probability she met Rang when he was a kid. I feel like I am more interested to know more about their past to figure out about everyone's relationship with each other in order to understands them more but I know that is not really the main point of the story.

During the last scene in Ep 8, I kinda know that Yeon will save Rang. He knows that Imoogi is the one who sent that aunt to him, and Imoogi needs Ji Ah so he would not possibly kill Ji Ah that way. So it is a better bet to save Rang instead. Plus we do need a point where Yeon starts mending his relationship with Rang. The lead needs to be the good guy in the end. I am just glad that we were shown who he chose rather than making the scene as this week cliffhanger. I feel like I am becoming more pessimistic as more episode goes by but I will keep watching because I want to know the ending plus Lee Tae Ri as Imoogi definitely intrigued me. ;)

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

mannnn its really gettin soooo goodddd huaaa i need more i cannot wait to next week

I thought leeyeon will help jiah not lee rang but i guess ugh what was he thinking? but well i wasnt ready to let kimboem go too lolllll

• Love 1

For some reason I thought  that Yeon was immortal.

He is quite a powerful mountain spirit.

In that scene with those flying pieces of glass,  his power seems to be equal to Granny's power.

Im sure that JA also has some powers, but she is still not aware of that.

:hwaiting2:

fa3875ba245873869930b5a5b5d0417b344e1a36

520ab556501254d09ed1d20d68ceb23e6be16f2f

https://ohsehuns.tumblr.com/post/633366212979638272/tale-of-the-nine-tailed-there-is-no-salvation

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

@Jillia Thanks for sharing all the pictures with us. Yes, the scene Lee Yeon had with Grandpa was very touching, just as much as the one with Granny at the 'altar', holding onto the son's shoe. I am sure there is more to this story and in time the show will reveal why the son died [I can't wait for that]. I suppose eventually Granny will come to terms with the fact that sacrificing in the name of love is alright...

My take on Rang and the message that the scriptwriter had for us, the audience, is that there have always been choices for him or that life is about making choices and living with the consequences. The first time we were informed of this was when Lee Yeon first met him and said he regretted coming to check out the son that his father had with a mortal woman. That Rang had a choice, to fight for his survival or to submit to what befell him. The second time was when Lee Yeon said he knew that Rang had something to do with the Imoogi, and that was the choice he had made. And then, the Gomoku game, that he had made a choice to give into Rang and let him win all this while, suggesting to him that it was not just the game but all the other decisions, and finally that he had regretted saving him... I think the final sentence was not really that he regretted it. But that if this was the version of Rang that turned out to be, then it would have been better that Rang had not lived on. And I think Rang knows what Lee Yeon is saying but he cannot accept that there is anything wrong with the choices he has made and the person he has become today. Once he reconciles with that, then, that is the turning point for Rang.

• Like 2

I skip most of the episode 7 but watch episode 8 fully. I am glad LY save his little brother, the idiot LR. She will be fine.. She died once (Eer.. Am I evil?) but his brother its the same person since long time ago. Blood is thicker than water, right? Why the imoogi was so important to bring back alive? 

I know I am here for the cast.lol. The beautiful red hair LDW. Everybody is not pretty bad either. Lets hope this story ends well. Our couple will somehow live forever together. 

i think i understand why He choose to save LR instead of Ji ah.

it is because he know that shin ju is watching ji ah so he can somehow save her by snapping her out of the curse. 

meanwhile he didnt knew where lee rang is. and i bet he knew exactly the power of the lady because he knew her well that imoogi send her. so i bet that he knew how to undo it. 

as we can see in the preview Ji ah is alright maybe that because Shin Ju snap her out from the curse.

let see what happen next week

Episode 7 Review :

Mostly Filler but had some Interesting Moments.

BEST ONE : Baby Blacky Legit Looked like Asian Harry Potter with those glasses on!, I for one felt he broke Lee Rang's defenses more than LY did. LR took care of him when he was a dog in Fox mountain as a little brother and his own Kid so it was usual. But in this life Why does he keep on roaming around without any Adult next to him even at Night perplexes me, either his parents have not admitted him to school or they trust him too much to know that even if he wanders around South Korea he will find his way back home Easily. K drama Logic 1 0 1.

This episode had a Lot I mean A lott of Sexual Innuendos. Fun if one caught it. Foxes and their Hormonal Heat Lol.

Lee Yeon watches Ji Ah while sleeping>> Reminiscent again of Edward Cullen from Twilight.

MINT CHOCOLATE ICECREAM is Lee Yeon true Soulmate, JiAh is the Third Wheel IMO. LMAO.

Jiah asked what usually does Lee Yeon do at night?? My answer : Stalk ladies who look like his first love Ah Eum to detect Fox Bead for a possible reincarnated version or Hunt down Baddie Foxes who violated law.

Now onto Serious parts:

• CEO might have the Sinners mark but it is not visible to Naked Eye.
  • Snake Teen is handsome AF, the thing is...I though AH Eum was his daughter??Even if she was born to be a sacrifice how did she become a Bride??? This is confusing.
  • Ji Ah in general is very nosy , Period. When the CEO specifically said 2nd floor is off limits, even if she heard voices she could have asked the staff or Him to look into it instead of investigating it herself. Had LY not called she would have been completely lured by Imugi Handsome Dude.
  • I like Lee Rang's character more than Lee Yeon , he has more layers to him. But he is a sadist when it comes to his brother, he wants LY to feel the pain of having no-one like he did, I that is why think He hurted Dr. Doolittle too much o purpose because he is jealous that Dr. Doolittle got to spend more time with his brother than He ever DID. Also he did intend JiAh to wear those glasses just so she could hate LY and he feels pain. Sadist I tell ya.
  • Dr. Doolittle should watch C dramas, falling in love with a Lady not knowing her clear emotions only leads to heartbreak , stop being smitten by her in order to not get killed By her because she is obligated to the person who saved her , you will never know that she likes you unless she finds the courage to come out her trap.

EPI 8 ...TBC

• Like 2
  • Love 1

EPISODE 8 Review:

WOW, I finished without stopping this one. IMO They should show less romance and More Urban Legends / Lee Rang that is WAY MORE Interesting.

• Last 10 minutes were Like, dude LY is in a Fatal Love triangle stuck between Lover and Brother.
  • Ji AH either gets to be with an Older Fox or Younger Snake? Can she be with the same age Lee Rang? wHAT is this Lol. Just Kidding.

2 BGM are just brilliant...The Door Key one and LR/LY BGM when he rescues the baby LR.

One thing I observed Baby Nugget Blacky acts exactly the same as baby LR did, he learnt it in his previous life maybe and also He is an Orphan or Fostered judging by the wounded face he had today.

Also JiAh's Boss with imaginary stories should meet Gatekeeper Halabhuji, they Talk a LOTT....its annoying at times.

I liked the juxtaposition of how LR being too oversmart got literally entrapped in his Own Net,I mean the CEO breathes the dead soul why would he even expect him to be loyal to a mere half Fox instead of Monster Imugi? He brought the dialog upon himself by LY "I shouldn't have saved you", although seemed harsh But hear me out ..AH EUM or Ji AH uptil now never Harmed LR, whereas he literally trapped her to make Imugi ALIVE again, yet LY went onto save him instead of JA (I cried at that seen ut of their brotherly bond but still)

AH EUM/Lee Yeon story is still incomplete, Supposedly by subs AE was always born to be a sacrificial lamb for Imugi, her father bartered his soul in order to keep her alive, LY knew she was the target ??? I mean he knew her father the King got possesed by Imugi and here she came herself to accept him as a guard dog and eventually they fell in love with each other, the trapping/non trapping was slightly true but mostly façade??

JiAh still has the traces of snake soul left, but what left me creeped out was how she at her 9 year old recording was able to read something on board in 2020 , why? BECAUSE the taping telepathy kinda like Jiah soul serpent was listening to Baby Jiah Serpent confession and in 2020 Imugi heard that via Jiah and overtook the taping and read stuff on board???I can't explain it better.

LY sacrifices but there is a slight duality in here, he uses his subordinate Dr Doolittle at times and also somehow used LR after AEs death, LR holds a lot of grudges there. They have one screwed up dynamics, also if LRs birth Mom wanted to abandon the Kid or Kill him, their FATHER is not a good person it seems or maybe the lady was scared of Monsters.

Imugi wants FOX King to be removed, How are they Lethal enemies still needs to be seen, that is why he sent the Ahjumma with hideous green attire who touches and reads Fears of creatures and sends them back there,(What are you most afraid of, coincidently this was asked to Dokebbi by his friend who feared for his life and did not want to become one??) But they can be killed there permanently. He literally used Divide and Rule Policy with LY here.

2 PLOT points added??Will be explored?

• Grim Reaper Halmoni and GATEKEEPER Halabhuji's Dead Son??Bok Gil>>>Need this Urban Legend
  • Snail Bride's Farmer Husband??Maybe it was just foreshadowing on what was to come by Bellatrix Lestrange of Imugi Voldemort.

Cliffhangers, Episode 9 better be good and full of Legends. Loving it so far.

black and white insanity GIF

@SweetButters Looking at the Logistics behind this Show, Whosoever Reincarnated was Not a God, Imoogi's soul was trapped so he latched onto an infant to resurrect.

If the Gods/Immortals have a Single streamline Life here , then there Life/Death cycle is only applicable once.

That angle + Taking your Own Life as is the Ultimate Sin maybe...

I may be wrong though (and as per Viki for the scene between LY and Halabhuji it translated kinda like 

"Because if you throw out your own Orders you cannot be reincarnated which was Weird")

• Love 1

Catch me up peeps. Since I have been on my  Viki boycott, I did not know this drama exists until I temporarily backslid today to look at some older free dramas. Plus, this has one of my favorite male leads in it. Is this drama's writing and aesthetics good so far? More importantly, is this drama fully subbed within 24 hours?

On 10/31/2020 at 2:12 PM, madmad min said:

@SweetButters Looking at the Logistics behind this Show, Whosoever Reincarnated was Not a God, Imoogi's soul was trapped so he latched onto an infant to resurrect.

If the Gods/Immortals have a Single streamline Life here , then there Life/Death cycle is only applicable once.

That angle + Taking your Own Life as is the Ultimate Sin maybe...

I may be wrong though (and as per Viki for the scene between LY and Halabhuji it translated kinda like 

"Because if you throw out your own Orders you cannot be reincarnated which was Weird")

@madmad min Yea I finally deduced that the act of suicide is just a taboo that guarantees no reincarnation. Just go to my Tumblr blog for my analysis on it haha! I feel like the whole Ah Eum death thing is like Snape being worry that his soul would be tainted for killing Dumbledore if you get my drift. With the translation part that you were talking about, I think you may find a better one on kissasian or drama cool!