[Drama 2022] Exemplary Detective/The Good Detective 2, 모범형사

0ly40

3 minutes ago, brooksmom said:

Episode 1 raw out     Not netflix?

@thistle

I've noticed the raw on several of the not-legal sites that I use but no Netflix. :unsure:  Guess I'll just wait patiently (more or less) for subs.

• Like 3

This premiered already but  no English sub yet. It's Netflix so... there's delay but  hoping to  see subs  after  first two has aired. Please!

And there they are ... awesome cast.  These are good actors.  Fighting!

images credit to owners via twitter/press pics/JTBC

EcPdwxRWAAA-pdM?format=jpg&name=small

EcO9xeJX0AAJwaj?format=jpg&name=small

EcOMoNLVAAES1XP?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jongski said:

This premiered already but  no English sub yet. It's Netflix so... there's delay but  hoping to  see subs  after  first two has aired. Please!

Checked the site again and there's no mention of Exemplary/Good Detective.  I am genuinely curious now:  is this on Netflix only in some locations?  I know that Netflix does that with some things (like the Studio Ghibli movies which I can't watch in the US darn it all). 

Still no subs on the not-legals.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, thistle said:

Checked the site again and there's no mention of Exemplary/Good Detective.  I am genuinely curious now:  is this on Netflix only in some locations?  I know that Netflix does that with some things (like the Studio Ghibli movies which I can't watch in the US darn it all). 

Still no subs on the not-legals.

Which Netflix country do you watch? There's some hold back for Netflix for several countries, as far as I know.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, westley said:

Which Netflix country do you watch? There's some hold back for Netflix for several countries, as far as I know.

As I mentioned in my post, I am in the US.

.....editing to say that the first ep is now beginning to stream on some of the not-legals.

• Like 3

Morning everyone!

Yes so sad I just checked and still no sub for ep 1 (at least on the site I usually use) :tears: Hopefully it will get subbed soon :)

Glad to see more chingus are interested in watching the drama~

@jongski is JSJ 40 already? :scream: indeed he has a baby face!

From the last character stories posted by Helena, I'm surprised that SHJ's character is the one who relies on emotional side of thing and JSJ is supposedly the 'brainy' one? So SHJ is going to be really like neighbourhood ahjussi type of detective? Haha

1 hour ago, snowlou said:

Morning everyone!

Yes so sad I just checked and still no sub for ep 1 (at least on the site I usually use) :tears: Hopefully it will get subbed soon :)

Glad to see more chingus are interested in watching the drama~

@jongski is JSJ 40 already? :scream: indeed he has a baby face!

From the last character stories posted by Helena, I'm surprised that SHJ's character is the one who relies on emotional side of thing and JSJ is supposedly the 'brainy' one? So SHJ is going to be really like neighbourhood ahjussi type of detective? Haha

ENG sub for the 1st ep is now available on Subscene.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, westley said:

ENG sub for the 1st ep is now available..

Thanks. Now I better avoid coming to this thread until I get to watch the first 2 episodes - don't want to get spoiled :sweatingbullets: Happy watching everyone and can't wait to read everyone's thoughts xx

https://zapzee.net/2020/07/07/to-all-the-guys-who-loved-me-starts-off-as-no-1-viewership-among-all-monday-tuesday-dramas/
‘To All The Guys Who Loved Me’ Starts Off as No.1 Viewership Among All Monday-Tuesday Dramas

by krishkim 

F5388A8F-7131-4E9D-85FD-57DAC3F4444B.jpg

To All The Guys Who Loved Me started out with the highest viewership among all Monday-Tuesday dramas.

According to Nielson Korea, the first episode of KBS2’s To All The Guys Who Loved Me, which aired on July 6, recorded 2.7 percent and 3.9 percent viewership.

The 25th and 26th episodes of MBC’s Dinner Mate, which airs at the same time, garnered 2.3 percent and 3.1 percent viewership.

The first episode of JTBC’s The Good Detective also showed a solid start by recording 3.897 percent viewership.

Meanwhile, To All The Guys Who Loved Me is a romantic comedy drama about a woman, who gave up on love and marriage after repeated heartbreaks, gets asked out by two men with completely different charms.

Source (1)

@brooksmom how about changing Theme (at the bottom of the page) to Evolution mode? I am looking for Day mode.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

the first episode was good.

about the girl that they found dead in the end. Could it be the girl who made the missing person call. the one who claim to be friend with EH.

Who is the owner of the watch that drop on the scene where to culprit was throwing the body to the lake. the actioner said that in south korea there is only two. and the other is now owned by OJK.

I also think that maybe LDC is innocent. he was good scapegoat to someone. maybe someone in police but definetely someone who has power.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Auntie Mame said:

I don't know what happened with Netlix. But, I read somewhere that it was being subbed by VIU.

Since VIU coverage area excludes US, I don't know if some other site can obtain license to sub in US.??? 

Since a lot of you say you are in USA, why can't you get it thru OnDemandKorea. It's a legit site. It covers USA and Canada. I watched it last night subbed. Most premium sites let you watch it for free the first 24hrs. Now if they are slow to sub it and take longer then 24hrs, that's another case.  You can catch ep2 subbed free if you do it today usa, canada time. After that it's premium and you have to pay to watch ep 1 and 2. So, please let me know if it works for your or not.:)  

I just looked at VIU. I see it doesn't include North or South America.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I finished watching the first 2 eps. Thanks @triplem for recapping the first episode. Will you be doing that for all episodes? I think my brain will thank you for that. I always have a problem remembering things and who is who when it comes to procedural drama which only deals with one big case for all its episodes. Please don't read below if you haven't watched the first 2 eps.

I have only seen Son Hyun Joo is a few dramas/movies and I haven't come across him playing this type of character. So it's refreshing to see that he's playing a funnier character here. It's also interesting to see that the older one is the one who is emotional and the younger one is the sharp one. Most of the procedural dramas I watched have those in reverse. And for me personally, I haven't seen Kang Do Chul's expertise being played in solving the case yet. I have seen so far how OJK smartly found and solved clues. 

I think it's safe to say from watching the first 2 episodes that this drama isn't trying to get the viewers to guess whether or not LDC and PGH were guilty. It's pretty clear from early on that both were not the criminals so I think the show is going to get us on the journey to find the real killer in LDC case and its complicated background on why LDC had to be made guilty in the first place. 

I'm hoping that LDC and OJK will stay alive until the end 

Spoiler

but I think it's unlikely since their names have been mentioned at the end of each episode as special guests. :huh:

Sorry for the long-ish post. For those who're more or less familiar with me will probably already know by now that I'm having trouble with expressing my thoughts in only a few words. So please bear with me from here onward :sweatingbullets:

On 7/7/2020 at 8:19 PM, joccu said:

Who is the owner of the watch that drop on the scene where to culprit was throwing the body to the lake. the actioner said that in south korea there is only two. and the other is now owned by OJK.

This is indeed the mystery that I think will be solved a bit later in the drama and combined that with what triplem has said that the chief of crime unit 1 seemed to know something about it. :ph34r:

I like the first two episodes of this drama. They made a good entrance with this case from the very beginning. I'm still trying to remember all characters names. Haha it's kinda hard to memorize them all, too many dramas to handle!!! 

The chief from team 1 is definitely suspicious. 

I wonder a lot about the expensive watch and the real culprit.

The woman who lost the evidence and the chief who helped. Was the evidence sabotaged?

And the man with glasses.

That dead sister.

Don't foget oh jung se character seems also important.

I think everything is connected.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

watching ep 1 and laughing at this scene where ajushhi cop do chang is stressing over his bald spot in the bathroom. watch detective (because he has a very nice watch that he spent a bomb on!! @triplem is going to laugh but that watch looks good on his hand! hahahaha) ji hyuk then remarks that maybe ajusshi is missing some male hormone. bwahahahahah... LOL. :lol:ajusshi then defends it is just stress and watch detctive says "okay, stress is good." poor ajusshi :sweatingbullets:  -- yes, I feel your pain, we all know what it is like to lose hair out of stress and worry even more about it. ^_^kekeke...

ajusshi is hilarious "I don't lack male hormone. I have too much of it" -- then asking uncle google is who is giving depressing answer about male menopause and decreasing hormone. bwaahahahah. LOL. :joy:

ajusshi to watch detective "I have enough to make my hair fall out. talk simple" bwaahahah.. ajussshi is really obsessing about his lack of hair. this is hilarious  :lol:

is a detective drama supposed to be this funny? I am laughing at ajusshi's tone and expressions while describing watch junior "his nickname was idiot. big idiot. he only lets go of a case after he explodes three people's heads. he changed partner's twice in one year. one was hospitalized and the other... is in traffic police now." bwahahahah... 3 heads exploding? ajusshi is now going to be worrying more about his hair.

anyone else reminded of tunnel while watching? maybe it is the rather peppy music. but I am so relieved that it is relatively well lit for a crime drama on cable and I don't have to strain my eyes to see the actors. like seriously, why do they do that? how can we appreciate the actors expressions if we can't see them? kekekek... anyway, the main characters feel rather warm. so looks like enough for me to keep tuning in. who needs to watch a bleak drama in this climate?! off to watch the rest of the episode.

P.S ~ chingus, if you haven't done so, check out the new badge event and cast your vote for the badges you would like to see in the members shop. the badges are all creative and fun. there is even a detective badge! must have for all of us who like crime dramas no?

Edited by Lmangla
adding the hair saga
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2

press and journalist and people can sometimes be cruel. It¨s not the children, partner or relatives faults if a person who you are related kills someone.  LDC daugher definetely was wrong by public and the press. Does LDC daughter believe that her father is a murderer or does she believe that he is innocent?

I really like the parnership between OJK and KDC.

Usually hate this kind of corrupt series bc it´s not that different off real life but for now I´m not hating this.

how high this cover up and framing LDC is going?

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Finally another cop show from Kdramaland this year to sink one's teeth into. This time round its primary focus on the travesty of corruption in the organization and a devastating miscarriage of justice. These first two set-up episodes seemed to be patterned after the manner of a Grisham thriller.

It's a well-worn track for K dramaland to tread. But the approach might be what's novel. The show parachutes the viewer right in the thick of things without much explanation leaving us to pick things up for ourselves in a fascinating exercise in show and tell. We are left with substantial clues and breadcrumbs to understand who's who in the hierarchy of things. Like in every structure there are a myriad of reasons why people are where they are, following on from that... why they do what they do. The camera is our primary guide as we survey the landscape of what is the good, bad and the ugly. 

In the case of Lee Dae-chul,  a death row inmate, it became evident by the middle of the second episode (at least) that someone was looking to seek a stay of execution or redress the wrongs of that case in a public, almost spectacular fashion. Although not explicitly editorialized as such, the wrongful arrest and conviction of this one man is symptomatic of bigger problems not just within the police force but of the society at large. One such consequence is that his daughter, Eun-hye has been left to fend for herself while others get to enjoy the fruits of their misdeeds. Not only does the future of an innocent man get destroyed, his daughter's life is in shambles. Furthermore when the doings of the perpetrators are exposed, this will rock not just the organization but the nation as a whole. The people's already shaky confidence in their law and order system will crumble further still.

The case of Lee Dae-chul was also an opportunistic grab for power while others like Detective Kang have had to work his way up the hard way missing out on promotion opportunities. Initially we were given to believe that he was a dubious cop but the fact that he was left out of the early machinations suggests that he was someone that the conspirators did not think they could rely on to be discreet. It also seemed to me that despite all the bluster in the early part of Episode 1, Kang Do-chang is clearly not incompetent or unconscientious. I don't doubt that he has learnt that competence and diligence has led him nowhere in his career. He has possibly come to the realisation that rocking the boat has not helped in the advancement of his career.

Lee Eun-hye's so-called "missing persons" case brought to light the agendas at play in her father's conviction. No doubt many careers were built on it. A simple single parent low income family used by larger forces for their own ends is an ugly blight on a seemingly well-oiled machinery. There's also a suggestion that the Fourth Estate have been complicit in all of this when their primary role should be about keeping the powers-that-be accountable to the electorate.

I've liked Jang Seung Jo since Money Flower. He is a fine actor who seems to be  operating largely on the fringes. His Oh Ji-hyuk is certainly the brains in that outfit. While everyone was groping around trying to work out Park Gun-ho's motives for turning himself in, he already had an inkling that they were on a wild goose chase and did his due diligence.

A slowish but ultimately promising start to what I hope will be a police procedural with legs.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1