[Drama 2022] Exemplary Detective/The Good Detective 2, 모범형사

0ly40

Finally got to binge all 4 episodes. As with most kdrama with police crime murder mystery, I would  say the higher officials and those with political ambition or involved in corruption can lead a cover-up a murder. They can use higher ranking police officials or even the naive ones to do dirty deeds- say misplacing an evidence or sweeping under the rug some police procedures just to wrap up a case espcially when a suspect has been arrested (LDC).

Case in point....

When OJH raise why KDC was asking basic questions again that should've been asked of the victim 5 years ago, KDC said he didn't asked those questions back then.OJH asked why and then KDC  had the flashback  and recalled why.  MSB the head crime chief  back then ask KDC if he had the confession of LDC but KDC said it will be hard to get a confession, the chief said they have all the evidence (remember the knife that was missing but turned out it was with the chief). KDC said there wasn't much done to look into Yoon Ji Sun and wanted to ask victim's friends and family but the chief cut him of and told  told KDC to wrap it up immediately since they already have LDC and that the press paying attention on the case and for catching the LDC. Chief was not happy KDC was dragging it on by wanting to ask family and friends of Jisun.Chief ask KDC why would he do that when they already have the killer. He told him the press will make a big deal about every little step of the investigation.  Basically chief told KDC since they have the suspect there's no need to ask anymore and investigate. The he guilt trips KDC by saying Jang Jin-Su was their colleague and if he gives  LDC time and he gets off, how would they live the rest of their lives as cops. So inside the interrogation room he slammed LDC face on the desk wasnting that confession but LDC swore he didn't kill anyone that it wasn't him. But KDC said if it wasn't him.. then why does LDC fingerprints was all over the knife. - the knife that was missing and YSM was crying she doesn't know where it is but chief showed up and said it was with him that she gave the knife to chief.   Do you think the LDC fingerprints were plnated on the knife?

KDC was pondering back on that flasback. He was thinking.. yeah I should have ask those basic questions about the victim.

The characters that gets on my nerve and I'm suspicious:

YSM. She was promoted right? because 5 yrs ago she was scared crying officer who lost  the knife (w/c turned out it was with the MSB--suspicious). And now she's investigating KDC of corruption/bribery.  KDC was seething at her for losing the evidence. She had a meltdonw in the faxroom remembering the flashback. And now, she's threatening and blackmailin  KJH  to provide update on what KDC is doing, in exchange for not filing report on him about either stealing evidence or hiding  evidence (can't make out what's in the box (checks or receipt?). She plan and timed the raid on KDC desk it for all we know, then told the men to also look into the other detectives things. The bingo.. found something to use to blackmail the other detective.  Question is why is she doing that? Who's pushing her to to that? Is it to get back at KDC for what happened 5 years ago? She obviously wants update on KDC enough to blackmail  KJH. Suspicious as well.

Suspicious:

NKH.  arrogant detective who's now seeing the wife of his murdered partner The one who was incharge of the investigation. The one who provided KDC got all of evidence. Said they investigated LDC and murder points to him. I don't trust this one.

MSB. Yes, I'm also suspicious of this one. Looks like he caves in will do what someone higher than his posiition will ask.

OJT. He could kill if wants to. But he probably asked someone to do that on his be behalf. He's the cousin of OJH. The way he treated his employee like a dog he can spit on, can tell that  he has the means to to harm and kill. Fo revenge? For pleasure? If someone goes against him? You know I wouddn't even be surprised of  NKH and OJT knows each other. murdered Yoon Ji Sun's boyfriend.

KGT:  Finding a way out for himself but also hiring  a criminal to do dirty work. He still has power even  while in prison.

The next possible Minister of Justice. I forgot character name but the one JSK met along with her boss. The one who visited the urn of dead sister. 

The five characters I mentioned. There lies the cover-up andf the murder.

My take on KDC. I understand  his struggle for the promotion, being in the force for so long. He wasn't the lead investigator 5 yrs ago. But he just accepted all that was given to him by NKH and even follow MSB orders. In hindsight looking back, he probably would have done something different and he's seeing in this from OJH.

Is there going to be  romance between OJH nd JS? Maybe subtle. I don't mind, but if there's going to be something... it probably will be triggered by something happening  to her much danagerous than what she experienced with the killer driver. She might be harmed or be in danger from...one of the 5 characters above I mentioned.

But why do I like the reporter and the boss more?. But wait... should we be suspicous of her boss too? Seeing as he's aquainted with the possible next minister of justice?

By the way, what's a crime action  police mystery drama if  actor Jo Hee Bong (the lead detectice) is not part of the cast. :)

Clap for Oh Jung Se acting. One of those good character actors in kdrama.

Just trivial fyi. Lee Elijah also played a journalist ( before becoming an aide) in her previous drama Chief of Staff. In that drama she quit being one and she had moral conviction to help in other means. Here  as journalist, I also want to see the character JS with some spunk! To report something compelling that will awaken people's mind of the corruption or to what's going on and to uncover the truth of what happened 5 years ago. I feel she will be used for propaganda or to write and report something. It's not the main thrust of the show but her character  as a jorunalist is there to reveal the truth.

Son Hyun Joo and Jang Seung Jo.good chemistry acting esp SHJ. He was scary in previous drama Justice. Butin this drama he's portraying his character well.

I want to see JSJ in a Money Flower like acting here. Didn't really feel much as OJH here. But it's only 4 repsiode. I think we're going to see OJH and OJT confrontation next epsiodes.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... poll update ~ so looks like it is pretty even choices in terms of romance. maybe, maybe not! thanks for playing along chingus.

:lol: Polls are fun. When it comes to crime shows, romance isn’t necessary for me but if it does happen, well, that’s just an added bonus if I like the couple. Let’s see what happen here. 

• Like 5

I think friendship amongst the three leads is more important than romance.

Who is the woman who served a drink to our lead detectives in the older one's apartment? Is she the sister or the wife?

The two people I hate the most right now are Evil Chaebol Cousin and Corrupt Corruption Investigator. 

I can't track anyone's names! I need short nicknames. Jang SeungJo has always been Elf Ears to me, so he can stay that way.  But the rest I'll have to call by their roles bc I can't remember.

• Like 2

@tulip06, the lady in the apartment is Kang Do Chang’s  (older lead detective) sister. 

Somehow the chaebol cousin doesn’t inspire any hate in me. Maybe because so far he’s just a regular awful chaebol who abuses his power. It’s possible he’s the murderer but the jury is still out on that. He’s clearly not a good guy and he’s not pretending to be. I think the character I dislike the most is the leader of Team 1 who is dating his dead partner’s wife. I can’t stand characters like him who is supposed to uphold the law but instead abuses it to his advantage. I hope Oh Ji Hyuk continues to be suspicious of him because it certainly won’t help their progress to have him meddle and misdirect before they get to the truth.

I also kind of dislike the internal affairs lady, Yoon Sang Mi. She seems vindictive especially after Kang Do Chang reminded her about her involvement in the coverup that sent Lee Dae Chul to prison on death row. I can hardly endure people who behave wrong and strong. Still maybe she does have a little conscience left because she seemed rattled by news of Lee Dae Chul. She’s not calm like the other people involved. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@tulip06, the lady in the apartment is Kang Do Chang’s  (older lead detective) sister. 

Somehow the chaebol cousin doesn’t inspire any hate in me. Maybe because so far he’s just a regular awful chaebol who abuses power.

The way he beat, dog-walked his employee and threatened the mental health of that employee’s daughter with a video of the abuse is not “regular awful chaebol.” It’s sociopathic. 

I want that creep humiliated.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tulip06 said:

The way he beat, dog-walked his employee and threatened the mental health of that employee’s daughter with a video of the abuse is not “regular awful chaebol.” It’s sociopathic. 

I want that creep humiliated.

I hear you. Unfortunately I have seen many chaebol characters behave like this. At least this is a crime drama so I expect this level of awfulness. In the recent Kdrama Find Me in Your Memory, which isn’t a crime drama, one of the chaebol in that show used to regularly beat up his employee even kicking him in the guts in front of his workers. The main lead who was a reporter exposed the story after receiving the medical record of the chaebol’s assistant and discovered that  he was regularly in the emergency room getting treated for fractures and various other injuries. So sadly, chaebols behaving like that is kind of a regular thing for me to see from the kinds of shows I have watched. That’s why I say the cousin is a regular awful chaebol for me even if he’s a sociopath.

It’s also extremely common in these crime shows that when the prosecution and the police are corrupt, behind them is usually a chaebol with deep pockets and connections. I’m just glad OH Ji Hyuk seems to be a normal guy even though he’s probably a chaebol by birth.

• Like 4

All indication points to OJT as the perpetrator, with the thug and Detective Nam complicit. However, it feels a bit too simple if this was the case. There's probably a twist somewhere. We also have many unanswered questions: who murdered OJH's father? Who did Journalist JSK advocate for? What is the role of the senior guy at the newspaper? Interested to see where this goes.

Also, definitely looks like we've got bit of a romance vibe after today's episode.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

We saw more about OJH past. It´s bad enough that your father is murdered but to witness it so young age. Awful. And then your mother commits suicide. no wonder OJH is the way he is.

OJTi s so connected. Who does he not know?

• Like 4

I had an attack of neuralgia so I ended Up finishing both episodes as I sat at my foot massager. It is looking up, and I am seeing a tiny hint of liking between Reporter Jin and Detective Oh. But, she is in love with her boss...

And that sister, urgh. I get her life sucked so far, and she misses her son, but she could at least try to get a job?

• Like 4

Most satisfying thing about ep 7 preview is that piece of human scum getting his nose smashed in by Detective Oh.

One thing I really like about the drama so far is there are so many characters who are ambiguous right now. Even OJT, at this point we don't know for sure if he'd done it. Also, the different "villains" all have their own agenda and distrust each other, which further builds moral ambiguity. 

• Like 4

POLL: I am KangOh Holmes! (Ep 1 - 6)

End: Saturday, 25 July 2020 

As with many crime dramas, many chingus have the tendency of guessing the criminals (at least quietly in their hearts) while they're watching one episode after another. So why don't we have fun and say our guesses loud and proud! 

How this works:

- Remember, there is no right or wrong! We're just simply guessing either based on our observations or simply gut feelings or ..just because. 

- There will be one or two more of this poll where you can change your answers and at the end of the day we'll be able to see the progression of our deductions. 

- Simply 'quote' JUST the questions I listed below (please delete anything above the questions) and answer them. You can answer them anyway you like - from short and concise to ones with full explanation on why you think so. 

- We will summarise your answer when the poll 'closes' (Of course you can still discuss the questions even after it closes). We will then open the same poll again in a few weeks time. 

It's that easy! So don't be embarrassed and join us in the fun :lol: @Lmangla @partyon

@snowlou @triplem @bebebisous33 @thistle @40somethingahjumma @joccu @Bejaffled @taeunfighting @reddragon @fluffyloaf @0ly40 @Helena @tulip06 @brooksmom @nat_phoenix88 @jongski @celebrianna @Onnie Said @africandramalover @holyfea @dydrawer and anyone else who is watching.

Questions:

1. Who killed Yoon Ji Sun?

2. Who killed Detective Jang?

3. Who killed Detective Oh's father?

4. If you think there is ONE big mastermind behind this, who is it?

Who killed Yoon Ji Sun?

Oh Ji Tae (4 votes: joccu, taeunfighting, 40somethingahjumma, brooksmom)

Det Nam (1 vote: snowlou)

Who killed detective Jang?

Detective Nam (6 votes: Joccu, snowlou, taeunfighting, 40somethingahjumma, brooksmom, lmangla)

+ det Jang’s wife (2 votes: Joccu, lmangla)

+ chief (1 vote: taeunfighting)

Who killed detective Oh’s father?

Oh Ji Hyuk’s uncle/Oh Ji Tae’s father (2 votes: joccu, 40somethingahjumma)

Oh Ji Tae (2 votes: 40somethingahjumma, lmangla)

Detective Nam + Detective Jang (1 vote: snowlou)

Lee Dae Chul (1 vote: Lmangla)

Who is the mastermind?

Yoo Jung Ryul (3 votes: Joccu, snowlou, lmangla)

The person hasn't appeared yet (3 votes: taeunfighting, 40somethingahjumma, brooksmom)

President! (2 votes: 40somethingahjumma, brooksmom)

Kim Gi Tae (1 vote: Joccu)

Yoo Jung Seok (1 vote: lmangla)

kekeke.. for fun ~ chingus, if you win the poll, pat yourself on the back and post a pic of a watch for detective oh and if your guess is wrong, post a pic shampoo for ajusshi detective who is busy with the case to stress over his bald spot now. hahhaha... @snowlou .....

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, snowlou said:

Questions:

1.I think this is the hardest question. I still have my doubts but for now I believe that OJT killed Ji Sun.

2. Detective Jang´s wife and chief Nam.

3.Detective OH uncle

4. Someone who has the all the power like the Yoon Jong Ryul or the ex general prosecutor who is now in the prison.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, snowlou said:

Questions:

1. I don't think its OJT..even though he's the most likely candidate because he hired Jo Sung Dae to find out who killed Ji Sun? Or didn't he? There's so much information in recent episodes I can't remember~ So I'm gonna say Detective Nam for now. 

2. Detective Nam. Just because it's very fishy that he ended up with his widow.

3. Detective Nam (again??) and Detective Jang :huh: because there were two people OJH saw and I couldn't think of any other male 'pair' other than them 

4. If there is, it could be Yoo Jung Ryool for the same reason as @joccu 

I'll note your answer @joccu :) interesting guess! 

Will write my thought on recent eps next time when I get a chance. Good night everyone~

@snowlou I like you guess that detective Nam and Jang killed OJH father.  I just wonder why he had to be killed. That´s is the reason Why I think OJH uncle wanted his brother death. Probably because of the money or maybe OJT did something. So maybe OJH uncle hired someone to kill his brother.

Yoon Jung Ryul is really suspicious. There has to be something. Who did he call that the retrial was possible.?

And the Ex general prosecutor is also suspicious. He has a suspect who he think killed  Ji Sun but it looked liked Jo Sung Dae looked into it and found nothing suspicious. So who is that person?

The murder weapon that went missing and the found 1 hour later. Who took it in the first place? Chief nam probably. Chief Nam has probably many answers. The thing that bugs me about Chief Nam is the watch. How does he know about it?

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

I just finished episode 5 so I won’t post my answers until I finish watching episode 6 perhaps tomorrow. 

OHJ’s father was murdered in such a brutal way. I would be burning with hate for his killers. It seems as though he was stabbed at least 20 times. They need to burn in hell. If only a detective like Jang Hyuk’s Oh Hyun Jae from Tell Me What You Saw was in this show I know he would have at least given them a good beating before arresting them. Yeah, I know a police shouldn’t take the law into his own hands but I feel so outraged watching that scene where OHJ’s father was killed so brutally. That’s probably why I can’t watch episode 6 until I get a good break from that memory. No wonder OHJ still have nightmares from witnessing it. I do believe his father was killed by family. Also, the passion behind the murder seem to suggest something very personal. I hope OHJ will find out the truth and please not after they abolish the death penalty. 

It was so sad seeing LDC’s breakdown after he lied to his daughter saying he had indeed committed murder. Imagine his despair when no one would believe him. It must be awful knowing that he’s going to die for a murder he didn’t commit. I hope he survives to the end. 

That Sung Dae guy needs a good beating in kind. In any case, I do wonder why he was inquiring into the death of the female artist in the first place and stumbled on a money tree. Bit by bit we’re finding out more. I hope our team is prepared for opposition on all sides. The petty reporter is right, the police and prosecution will fight this re-investigation with all they have. After all, they sold what little conscience they might have had to gain money and status.

• Like 6

I just finished this week’s episode after work. I liked how they showed us that within the police, attorneys and press, there are individuals who understand what is the right and conscious thing to do. Detective Kwon Jae Hong finally realizes what it means to be a detective and fully sides with KDC and his team now. Attorney So Jae Sub explaining to OJH that they sometimes hang onto cases not necessarily for money, but for self-satisfaction and perhaps to comfort ourselves. They needed someone like him to fight for LDC’s retrial and to persuade LDC to fight for himself. It was nice to see LEH smile when she heard the news that the request was accepted by the judge. It must have felt so great in that moment to some kind of hope, but of course, this is just the beginning...there is still a lot more work to do to prove their case.

At the moment, YJS is the most interesting character for me. It is obvious that he has an agenda, but I cannot tell if he is conspiring on behalf of the mysterious powerful person. (He seems to be someone else other than OJT.) Or, if he has his own master plan of some sort. I thought it was strange that when JSK mentioned the scoop that LDC may be innocent and proposed it as her next story, he did not stop her from pursuing it. Instead, he told her to not worry about his brother (Congressman Yoo) and to just do her work as a reporter. We shall see…

I have to mention that KDC and OJH’s chemistry is just overflowing. They work great together and there is something about the way OJH calls him “hyung-nim” that is very endearing. Love them together…especially when they bicker and poke fun at each other. I also like that OJH and JSK are much friendlier with each other now. I think she is proving to him that she is not just chasing after the next hot cover story.

15 hours ago, snowlou said:

Questions:

@snowlou Thanks for organizing the second poll. (I noticed that you are an event organizer. :thumbsup:)

1. I was almost certain that it was OJT prior to episode 6. I will still go with OJT as my answer. I find it odd that he needed a faked alibi (fabricated CCTV footage) if he was innocent.

2. Detective Nam and the chief. Nam is obviously shady and the chief seemed so eager to pin the murder on LDC.

3. Not sure who are the actual killers, but I think they were ordered by OJT's father to take over the family's wealth.

4. I do not think this person has been revealed yet.

I like everyone's guesses so far.

• Like 2
  • Love 1