[Drama 2022] Exemplary Detective/The Good Detective 2, 모범형사

0ly40

Hello everyone! I have not watched ep 15 yet so I plan to watch both episodes tonight after work.

I will write more later 

OMG love the thoughts written by @40somethingahjumma always so eloquent. Thank you.

@chickfactor Thanks showing the struggles of guilt and conscience (cannot wait to see it). @taeunfighting All about YJS this ep 15--- cannot wait to see both together tonight.

Here are the clips for ep 16 (finale) of our awesome drama.

Spoiler

Let's catch that guy again

text--last chance

The text on this clip--the person you want to keep looking at---omo omo 

Spoiler

Edited by MinLyn
Please put more than 3 images (including embedded videos) in a spoiler tag. Thanks.
  • Like 4

@joccu  "What does the editor want?"

contains spoiler

Spoiler

He died thinking he had killed detective Jang when in fact he didn't. And he sacrificed himself in order for OJT to go to prison. Plus he took the  easy way out. Would he still have sacrificed himself if he knew he didn't kill detective Jang.

• Like 4

I had to stop watching this drama in the middle because I was feeling too ill to watch dramas (in fact, I dropped every drama I had been watching).  I hope to finish watching this one later because I really liked the story and the characters. 

Please, someone, spoil me on what happened so I don't have to wait to find out!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@thistle Please feel better soon my friend!

Just watched ep 15 & 16 together - thoughts

- headline from JSK reporters glowing report of Kang Dong Chul working hard to right wrongs and leading his team. Everyone is proud and bought their own copy to frame/keep. Moon Sang Beom is back (wasn’t he kicked out what Sang Mi had him suspended briefly right). Jokes why he wasn’t mentioned as he gave them support & then said no it’s ok.

- Editor YJS sacrificed himself after writing confession he killed the dirty cop & the other cop. He met up with OJT beginning of ep 16. Before that he met up with Kim Ki Tae (exonerated and back as a prosecutor in Incheon) and asked him to just deal with OJT and he will leave him out. He told his hyung he will handle it and it was bittersweet they last drank and ate at the pork place (where they used to struggle & share their worries). He meets OJT and punches him (after asking to meet up saying he has a gift.) He said he was the gift. Cause OJT sent him the video of the black box from Nam Kook Hyun. Then as OJT gets up , YJS was already dead below the bridge on the rocks. The cops show up as Jin Seo Kyung called them saying something was up after her last chat with her boss.

- OJT is arrested. He is like acting I am framed and YJS committed suicide. The prosecutor in charge Jung San Il (did LDC retrial ).OJT is acting cocky. Kim Ki Tae comes in, OJT is happy to see him but KKT is like- who are you? Lol.

-Oh Ji Hyuk sees criminal come in and remembers it’s his fathers killer suspect (who got off as he couldn’t be exactly sure he killed his dad). The suspect not looking good. OJH calls his name out and the suspect turns. Later he visits him and the suspect still refuses to say anything other than he is innocent. Then OJH persists this is my last visit and I just want your admission you did it. Then the guy says your dad was a good guy. You could tell some regret but nothing else from the suspect.

Jae Woong is found by Eun Hye lurking around the house. Turns out the ex wife had the baby and was not home . He had a picnic and didn’t want to go. So EH offers to play with him. Ex comes screaming going to arrest her to seeing their son. He won’t admit son is missing . Only school called him saying he didn’t go to the picnic. Dad admits confiscated his phone for game usage. Also doesn’t know his friends while saying I will Sue you and drop custody of the son. DC comes home with OJH saying I will be there. Ex mad asking you saw the son as how did you know he was taking judo? EH brings him home and ex recognized her. Oh you were tag teaming me. Dad asks if they met to JW who cannot lie. He says yes. He pretended to sleep when she saw him. Ex screaming have her arrested and she goes in her knees just treat him well and I will give up rights. EH says truth why dad didn’t know picnic and absence.  Table turned as OJH was like she gave birth already?! Ex denies his kid (as only divorced 6 mo prior). Pan to him asking her to lie . She tells him not want to care for TW we can infer. So in end dad asks live with me or mom (not shown). TW goes back in days dad asked me if live with mom or dad. I chose mom. Mom is over the moon.

(there was scene of trying to win TW back even trying to see if could prove his infidelity or try a DNA test).

The heart warming Scene is all four looking at EH drawing. I loved it. Aww. Also EH thanking DC for keeping his promise when movement to declare LDC innocence and miscarriage of justice was asked for up he done.

OJH meets the reporter a she was last to see editor. Both agree to ‘bury’ OJT without really saying it. She looks for truth but these incidents she realizes it more than as not that simplistic.

When reporter JSK did meet her boss. Their talk how she said in her interview she wanted to be a reporter who reported the truth like sunbae YJS. Editor apologized not being a good sunbae. I mean when in ep15 he asked her to come back to office on day off to write about OJT and praise Detective DC while he gave his exclusive confession. Shocked everyone . His bro ends up resigning as Minister of Justice. Later he asks Reporter SK about his bro if he said anything special. She said no other than matters he had to handle/address.

jSK and Jang Mi met up ep 15 and talked. JM admitted she did perform perjury  and would do it again. She told her tell no one else. SK told her exclusive about YJS confession , she said tell the cops before they destroy evidence. But we know JSK is struggling but in a drama with lots of testosterone nice to seem them. Don’t love JM but she unapologetic about her ambitions and motivations. Even later when asked for help by Moon Sang Beom (with OJH shooting gun at NGH) using perfume to bribe her, she was like I can not be bribed. But later she takes it anyways while saying she cannot be bribed

(Before second arrest) OJH recovered the missing edited part of his killing the detective Jang Jin Soo not YJS. He may have started it but when NKH got OJT dad call sending money he reminded him you got it I gave a record. So seeing JJS still alive (barely) he finished him off as we know he was manipulating evidence then for OJT . All cops were upset with him even his loyal guy Choi Woo Jin said I side with the others as you shouldn’t have killed one of our own.

NGH they get him and arrest him 2x. He grabs maknae gun and puts gun to head but OJH points gun at him to to drop it. DC was like omg got me worried. Maknae asks that they add charges attempted hostage & stealing his gun. But everyone says what ? DC agree and heard nothing. Maknae asks OJH to prevail as he is righteous and goes by the book. But even he won’t back up maknae.

Second  arrest of NGH he stabs DC and was going to kill him (as he said he cannot let it go and he has to pay for his crimes) . OJH shot him NGH as he was about to kill stab DC. Later at station , OJH won’t lie about doing proper procedure to JSM. Then have the perfume bribe. DC gives MSB Aegyo you got to work hard to keep him as a cop!

(DC said once to OJH either you get killed or you kill then that’s why you are no longer a cop). Moon says if kicked off how will he survive. DC doesn’t share his background. Just wants him ok and reinstated to work as a cop .

Trial OJT lawyer showed footage of YJS killing both guys. Then prosecutor says I confess I was retrial if LDC prosecutor and he should be considered innocent . I think it’s important to remember as OJT killed the woman not LDC. Suggested by DC, why not be remembered as righteous prosecutor. Also true cannot change verdict of LDC still declaring name innocent in public eye is good for opening doors down the road.

OJT charged guilty both counts of murder and life imprisonment.

Closest to romance OJH asks to see the reporter after seeing dads killer. They just sit and he is quiet. She leaves for need to get back to work. But he says I now have someone I want to see. The sweet cute smiles exchanged was adorbs.

DC up for promotion but others he will be only DC. Ends with them running to get a guy vs the other team at the end. Hehe.

ok that’s it loved this drama and thanks for Letting me join the ride!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

https://zapzee.net/2020/08/26/the-good-detective-jang-seung-jo-shows-his-gratitude-for-all-the-love-he-received/
‘The Good Detective’ Jang Seung Jo Shows His Gratitude for All the Love He Received

by krishkim

Jang Seung Jo expressed his feelings about creating his new all-time character with The Good Detective.

The 16-part drama The Good Detective, which ended with 7.5% viewership (based on Nielsen Korea), came to a solid end by topping the Monday-Tuesday dramas for five consecutive weeks.

Till the very end, Oh Ji Hyuk left a deep impression as a “good detective.” In the final episode, when he shed tears upon receiving an apology from the suspect of his father’s murder, he made the viewers cry together. For Jang Seung Jo, who performed exemplary performances from actions to melodrama, Oh Ji Hyuk remained as a new all-time character.

DA35F031-D54B-4376-BD02-15849BC8804F.jpg
Credit: JTBC

Q1. How do you feel about the end?

It was a work that all the actors and staff made with passion last cold winter, and it was a time of great gratitude for all the hot love we received this hot summer.

Q2. I’m sure you feel different from all the love you received.

I was very thankful that there seemed to be many people waiting for Monday, and I was so happy when I heard from my acquaintances that they enjoyed it.

Q3. The character setting of “luxury elite detective” was quite unique.

I think the most important thing was “not showing it.” I didn’t want to show off. Oh Ji Hyun already had enough trauma and a terrible emptiness that could not be filled with anything, so I wanted him to appear like a person who only focuses on things he has to do.

694D1630-EA83-4123-BB9B-D9C61CF31923.jpg

Q4. How was your collaboration with your partner Son Hyun Joo?

At the beginning of the shoot, I asked, “Is it okay if I do like this?,“ and he answered, “Of course. Do what you please.” His reply gave me the strength till the end. It was a very enjoyable work as an actor because he accepted everything, also a time of learning that helped me realize and feel a lot.

Q5. Oh Ji Hyuk’s action scenes were hot topic.

In filming the action scenes, the top priority was not to get hurt. Whenever the director asked, “Oh Ji Hyu, too many action scenes?,” I answered, “No, it’s so much fun.” I also told him that it’s a genre I want to try more if I have a chance.

7DAB4AC1-D370-4405-A05A-92534E6EFFF8.jpg

Q6. If you were to pick the best scene?

The scene that shows our Violent Crimes Division 2. The way each story is told in each other’s colors, sometimes clumsy, but the tenacity of being human and loyal, seems to have shown the process of becoming a model detective.

Q7. Along with your performances, you visuals like handsome looks or melo-eyes became the talk of the town.

I’m just grateful.

Q8. What is ‘The Good Detective’ to you now that you have finished the project?

It is a courage, a challenge, and a fear to work on new projects, but with The Good Detective, I got more courage to dream of another challenge and move forward. I sincerely hope to see all my amazing fellow actors in Violent Crimes Division 2.

Source (1)

-

https://zapzee.net/2020/08/26/jang-seung-jo-to-join-blackpinks-jisoo-and-kim-hye-yoon-in-new-drama/
Jang Seung Jo to Join BLACKPINK’s Jisoo and Kim Hye Yoon in New Drama

Spoiler

by krishkim

9B112B49-2E69-45F4-A8E8-51316B01BC50.jpg
Credit: ELLE, ACE FACTORY, NAVER, Dispatch

Jang Seung Jo will star in drama Snowdrop (literal title).

According to a media outlet, Jang Seung Jo has been cast as the main character of the new drama Snowdrop. After successfully finishing JTBC’s The Good Detective, which ended on August 25, he immediate;y confirmed his next project, drawing attention.

Snowdrop is produced by the 2018 hit drama SKT Castle production team. Kim Hye Yoon, who appeared in SKY Castle, and BLACKPINK’s Jisoo already confirmed their appearances, and it has been reported that Jung Hae In is currently in talks after receiving an offer.

Since Jang Seung Jo lead The Good Detective with his delicate and smart performances, expectations for his next move is already rising rapidly. Previously during an interview about the end of the drama, Jang Seung Jo said, “I got more courage to dream of another challenge and move forward.”

Source (1)

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thistle said:

I had to stop watching this drama in the middle because I was feeling too ill to watch dramas (in fact, I dropped every drama I had been watching).  I hope to finish watching this one later because I really liked the story and the characters. 

Please, someone, spoil me on what happened so I don't have to wait to find out!

I know what you mean. I had to drop half my shows too from exhaustion. Hope you feel better!

• Like 5

Satisfying ending, it was even funny at times, and heartwarming, too. I loved that Eun-Hee got to be with her son. (OMG, her husband is such a RickRoll'D.) I'm glad Eun-Hye became family. I'm glad Officer Oh found *some* closure about his father's death.

Glad Jong-Tae is in jail for life but ultimately, it's really depressing that it only really happened because the sleazy Incheon Chief Prosecutor decided it will happen, after making a deal with Jeong-Seok. Basically, the mucky mucks still control the outcome. They just happened to want to send Jong-Tae to jail this time.

Well, I liked it. The actors were all great, and I will miss hearing that old-timey cop show music.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Exemplary Detective/The Good Detective, 모범형사
4 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Satisfying ending, it was even funny at times, and heartwarming, too. I loved that Eun-Hee got to be with her son. (OMG, her husband is such a RickRoll'D.) I'm glad Eun-Hye became family. I'm glad Officer Oh found *some* closure about his father's death.

Glad Jong-Tae is in jail for life but ultimately, it's really depressing that it only really happened because the sleazy Incheon Chief Prosecutor decided it will happen, after making a deal with Jeong-Seok. Basically, the mucky mucks still control the outcome. They just happened to want to send Jong-Tae to jail this time.

Well, I liked it. The actors were all great, and I will miss hearing that old-timey cop show music.

I don't have subs yet!

• Like 1

@tulip06  Yep, this one particular site that subs it allows free viewing the first 24 hrs of airing. That would be  8am pst for me.  After that you have to pay. Lately, the subbed version doesn't come up until the free 24 hrs has expired.  I'm sure there are other sites that have it subbed. 

this drama has come to it´s end.

I liked this drama even though it  was somewhat predictable. there was no one big bad which I liked. everyone was somewhat gray.

thanks to everyone for comments! :wub:

• Like 7

I'm gonna miss this drama. Definitely a worth to watch drama! Even until the end, they still reveal the truth with a twist. What a complicated truth. Usually the bad guy got punished for what he did by the end of the drama. But this drama played a little unique 'way' to punish OJT.

Anyway. It's also touching. 

• Like 8

wow, this was one tangled web -- so you had 3 different murders by 3 different people and somehow one guy who had nothing to do with got dumped with 2 of the charges. the drama was well done. liked that all the characters stayed true to themselves -- basically editor was himself; and while he got some pangs of conscience, he managed to outwit jong tae in a big scheme and got him convicted. jong tae till the end remained arrogant and thought he was above the system. detective nam got kicked to the curb by his own team when they realized he had killed detective jang. that was something they could not accept or digest. so the drama is telling us that truth is often complicated and sometimes, the system has to be manipulated, kicked or overlooked in order to push things happen. none of the good characters were fully good and quite some shades of grey. still, it ended on a positive, cheerful note and a kind of happy ending for the characters we grew to enjoy. so all good!

• Like 9
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, tulip06 said:

I know what you mean. I had to drop half my shows too from exhaustion. Hope you feel better!

To be fair, it wasn't the dramas that were making me tired, although I have been sleeping about 14 hours a day.  Hope you feel better soon, too!

3 hours ago, tulip06 said:

I don't have subs yet!

Subs have been up on the not-legal sites since yesterday.

.....thanks, @Nodame for the recap!  I'm so glad to hear that the drama ends well.  Now I've just gotta go watch the rest but first I need to remember whether I stopped watching before episode 9.  :P

• Like 7

Graceful Friends and The Good Detective.

During the first 7 ep or so, I used to keep notepad with my notes on every ep. Who said, what, where, quotes. And I used to pay per day subscription to go over eps. (I don't subscribe monthly or yearly since they sub only a few dramas.) For this one and for The Good Detective which just finished. This way, I didn't have to fast forward, rewind to much when I  re-watched eps. Later, I felt I didn't need to do that so much, but the notepad was there just in case.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the last 2/3 episodes.

Feel like the show set up so many potential great character moments and developments and we just never got them.

Seemed like they forgot about Ji-hyuk's past and its impact on him and we got what, 5 minutes of attention on it in the last two episodes? They'd been building something up between him and the FL and they talked for not ven 5 minutes over the last two episodes? I'm more annoyed about the former as I feel like he had the grounding to be a really complex character with some good development points but it seemed like they stopped giving it any attention after 7/8 episodes. I also didn't like how people were towards Yoo Jung Seok, not just the characters (I get he was your boss but come on) but even the show was trying to push this angle that he was sort of a good guy - as if he didn't kill someone and then make an innocent man die for it. I get that they're showing the grey but that articular aspect I didn't think was well done.

Anyhow have to say, up to like episode 12/13, this was a solid 8.5/10 for me. I think the last quarter drops it to 7.5 though.

• Like 5

A very satisfying ending. I agree that even the "good" guys were not necessarily good. It was interesting how they naturally followed through and carried out the final steps of YJS’ plan. Did he instinctively know that they would for the sake of justice? OJT manipulated the systems and individuals to frame LDC. In the end, it was fitting that he got a taste of his own medicine. The writer did a brilliant job of bringing the story together. I'm impressed.

My favorite part of the finale was where the news broke that LDC was expected to be declared innocent and his family would be compensated. KDC told LEH that she should now live for herself. In turn, she told him that he should stop feeling guilty about her father’s death. KDC had previously said that LDC may be dead, but they still need to comfort his soul. I hope that was achieved through everyone’s efforts and each person got their closure.

Great drama! Take care, everyone.

• Like 5

Was a good show, not the best ending I would have liked :'( But at the very least OJT got his deserts. It suckers me to think that the older brother of the editor knew roughly by the end that YJS just wanted to be with their sister and that's why he quit, since there's nothing left.

Not good guys, these people. But still, not bad people either. In that, I agree with Reporter Jin.

• Like 5