[Thai Drama 2019] Until We Meet Again

nastyacolors00

10 hours ago, aniola said:

I was re-watching second part of the episode few times only because of Fluke. I like emotional scenes and i think he was amazing in delivering what was happening with Pharm/In in that moment.

I think Pharm's mom and brother showing up was a bit out the place. Also i had mixed feeling listening Krit's words. He probably was just explaining how KornIn deaths affected their families, but for me it looked like he want them to feel guilty for this. I might be cruel but i think Korn as Dean didn't have to apologize to his father, only to In (the most) and Krit, + to An to whom he already said sorry.

But it was right thing to forgive.

DeanPharm "reconciliation" was really touching.:rolleyes:

Scenes with Manaow, Team and Pharm were great, it was nice to see them together again. (I really hope Sammy was ok after playing such epic falling.:lol:) Finally it's Pharm time to tease Team about his relationship. Scene with Manaow and Pruek was cute, i guess it was quite in character to enthusiastically jump in Pruek's arms.:D

I think I am going to need a second viewing to really appreciate what went on here.

Totally agree that for that Pharm/In scene Fluke really went for it. You could see that a line in his mental reasoning had been crossed as In took control of Pharm. Dean on the other hand knew who he was but was prepared to share his personalities. There were moments that I wasn't quite certain as to who he was, Dean or Korn ; I think that is as it should have been.

Dean seems to have always been aware that he was searching for somebody and both he and Korn strike me as being ; I'll use the word grounded. Korn's suicide was stupid and desperate but horribly rational at the time. (those of my friends who have killed themselves all seem to have gone through that process : "it is the only answer." We that are left look on and wonder, but why ? there were so many alternatives).

Back to the plot. Korn may have thought he was being rational and following the only solution that seemed open to him. In, however had to witness it and his death was totally emotional, driven by despair. I have remarked before that I found Korn's flashbacks foreboding. It is though he can sense the approaching storm.

Perhaps that is why Pharm has greater difficulty in hanging on to himself. Meeting Dean triggered something. An attraction yes but it also released, over time, all the pent up anger and sense of betrayal that In had for Korn. Korn needed to say sorry but for Pharm to recover his own mind In needed to forgive Korn.

I took the opposite view on Krit's words. For me, he was trying to explain to In how the loss of the two sons had so deeply affected both families. They may have been mean and difficult but neither father wanted their child to kill himself. I might go as far to say that the trauma both fathers went through was awful : it was their fault and they had to live with that knowledge. (As an aside, most of you will have heard of Rudyard Kipling who wrote the Jungle Book. He went to great lengths to get his all but blind son John into the Army during the Great War. Strings were pulled at the very highest of levels. John died within weeks of arriving in France at the age of 18. His body was not recovered and Kipling never forgave himself. Great film about this with Daniel Radcliffe).

Again, back to the plot. So my take on Krit's words are that he is trying to explain how the two deaths had resulted in an upheaval in the way the fathers thought and brought about a reconciliation to the idea that love knows no boundaries. The scene where the red thread is attached to the two boys is moving because it shows exactly what Krit is saying. Gone are the words of 'stay away' and 'that boy'. BOTH fathers mourned their sons and BOTH assisted in the ritual of binding them together in death. That Korn's father participated in the ceremony shows, to my mind, that he had been forced to undergo a radical change in attitude.

The sad thing about all this is that it goes to show that even in those darkest moments there can be light. There was always the possibility that the fathers might come around eventually. Could it have been that the animosity created by the defiance of the boys (and all parents hate being openly defied) clouded their ability to see the love between them ? 

As for the rest. Yes the arrival of Pharm's family seemed a bit weird. I was watching and thinking who are they ? I was more expecting Dean's family to show up.

The lighthearted stuff was well done and integrated into the darker scenes that had preceded. I am also glad that the director decided to give the secondary characters their own moment as opposed to cutting backwards and forwards.

I know they have to do these things but frankly I thought that the Lays crisps moment was so out of place. Levered in with a crowbar and just so wrong. Even worse than Sammy having to reassemble the makeup :) As for her fall, I have already mentioned that it looked painfully realistic. I sincerely thought that she had simply tripped in making her entrance and played it to the hilt.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...