[Drama 2020] Hi bye, Mama!, 하이바이, 마마!

0ly40

@Nancyzak Thanks for the preview and character stills. Looks like I was right about him not being able to move on from his former wife. But I'm wondering how he was able to get married if he doesn't love his current wife?.... Looks like the daughter is the key and what's holding his current marriage together. 

The chart for the character description... Looks like the mom is the same mom from Go Back Couple. I can imagine the family fainting lol:sweatingbullets::lol:.

Those stills show a happy couple that ended with tragedy:tears::bawling:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lu09 said:

@Nancyzak Thanks for the preview and character stills. Looks like I was right about him not being able to move on from his former wife. But I'm wondering how he was able to get married if he doesn't love his current wife?.... Looks like the daughter is the key and what's holding his current marriage together. 

The chart for the character description... Looks like the mom is the same mom from Go Back Couple. I can imagine the family fainting lol:sweatingbullets::lol:.

Those stills show a happy couple that ended with tragedy:tears::bawling:

You are welcome, @lu09. I’m with you, that the daughter is the reason why he re-marries. I think it’s safe to say that in Asian society, there’re widowers who remarry for very pragmatic reason, i.e. to have a lady of the house and to care for his child/children. In some cases, quite soon after the wife’s demise if the child/children are young. Usually this happens at the urging of his own mother or family or his in-laws, that life has to go on. Arranged marriage is also possible. However, he should at least take a liking to the wife-to-be before marrying her. After all, the lady is going to be his life partner! This could be the scenario to LKH’s second marriage. I’m positive that he’ll be happier when he heals in the presence of the deceased wife who came back for the 49 days, and falling in love with his second wife ultimately - a second chance at love!. :D

Kim Tae Hee And Lee Kyu Hyung Experience Love At First Sight In Upcoming Drama

90e89d618cab48bb9a7fa7b02814926a.jpeg?s=

Read here:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1381244wpp/kim-tae-hee-and-lee-kyu-hyung-experience-love-at-first-sight-in-upcoming-drama

• Like 1
  • Love 1

"(From) The Cursed (to) Stranger 2"  A summary of 2020 tvN dramas

Lee Ji-hyun = SPORTS CHOSUN

Saturday-Sunday drama 'Hi Bye, Mama!' (directed by Yoo Je-won / written by Kwon Hye-joo / produced by Studio Dragon, MI) premieres on February 22 at 9 PM, replacing 'Crash Landing on You'. It is about Cha Yoo-ri (Kim Tae-hee), who re-appears as a ghost in front of her husband Jo Kang-hwa (Lee Kyu-hyung) and their daughter, who started a new life after her death. It shows the story of a ghost's 49-day real rebirth. Kim Tae-hee, who announced her television comeback in five years with this work, played the role of a ghost mother who is a long-awaited ghost for the pain that she never hugged. "I will deliver a heart warming sympathetic fantasy."

• Like 1

so she need to find something in 49 days so she can be a human again?

i swear if the director trolled us again like 49 days drama and that painful ending i will go to korea and scold him hard. 

now this one is actually worth to watch. we got Kim tae hee who now had rival in love for her husband and kids. and need to finish her objective to be a human again,

• Like 2

This is the first time I am reading that Cha Yu Ri has to find her original place within the.49 days to remain human forever. I have always assumed that she’ll be lifted up to heaven once she fulfilled her wishes within the 49 days. The story is getting more interesting! :D

Watch: Kim Tae Hee Is Thrilled People Can See Her In Upcoming tvN Drama

8376990073694ae9afbf60875678ff8a.jpeg?s=

Read the article and watch the teaser here:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1381892wpp/watch-kim-tae-hee-is-thrilled-people-can-see-her-in-upcoming-tvn-drama

• Like 2

@Nancyzak I also assumed that too. But I'm not liking it though. That means if she fails, then she won't be able to become human. Not to mention, she can never go back to her original position because she is technically dead. I don't want her to get her hopes up and end up disappointed at the end:(........ 

9 minutes ago, lu09 said:

@Nancyzak I also assumed that too. But I'm not liking it though. That means if she fails, then she won't be able to become human. Not to mention, she can never go back to her original position because she is technically dead. I don't want her to get her hopes up and end up disappointed at the end:(........ 

This drama had a huge potential but they need to do the premise right so it wont be cliche 49 days trope. 

I really hope they can bring a great story around especially with Kim tae hee comeback drama. 

So i guess this wont be on netflix? Ugh.. but still hope for the best. 

• Like 3

New BTS video clip.

9 hours ago, lu09 said:

Yes, @lu09, it’s cruel if she fails and ends up status quo, ie. can’t get to heaven for eternal peace, roaming the street, hungry and yearning to rejoin the human world. I’m a believer of good endings. I’m positive that all will end well and with her finally getting into heaven. The ball is in the court of the writer and director!  :)

• Love 2

I like the writer's previous work, Go Back Couple, and the preview looks fun. I will tune in for the drama. 

I saw from page 2 about the relationship character, and this is my attempt to decipher it. Hopes it can help for those who are curious about the relationship chart and the supporting characters for the leads.

f132255308504180562(0).jpg

cr: tvn website

At the top – Cha Yu Ri’s family

Jeon Eun Sook – Mother

Cha Moo Poong – Father

Cha Yeon Ji – Younger Sister

In the middle

Cha Yu Ri – Jo Kang Hwa (separated by death)

Jo Seo Woo – Cha Yu Ri and Jo Kang Hwa daughter

Jo Kang Hwa – Oh Min Jung (remarried)

Second chart from the bottom

Left : Cha Yu Ri’s allies

Go Hyun Jung – Yu Ri’s best friend; married couple with Gye Geun Sang

Mi Dong Daek – Shaman

Jang Pil Seung – Pilot

Right : Kang Hwa’s allies

Gye Geun Sang – Kang Hwa’s best friend; married couple with Go Hyun Jung

Jang Gyo Soo – Doctor at Dongsung University Hospital

Chart at the bottom – Peace Columbarium People

Cha Yu Ri – Mom ghost

Jung Gwi Sun – Jung Grandma ghost

Sung Mi Ja – Daughter-in-law from head house ghost

Sung Bong Yeon, Jang Dae Chun, Jang Yeong Shim – Pil Seung’s family ghost

Kang Sang Bong (aka Kang Bin) – Baseball player ghost

Shim Geum Jae – Stonehead (?) ghost

Park Hye Jin – Editor ghost

Kwon Man Seok (Husband of Sung Mi Ja) – Husband of daughter-in-law from head house ghost

This is my translations for a short descriptions of the characters that is shared by tvn official IG for slide 2 until 7. Apologize in advance of any mistakes I made.

Cha Yu Ri (Aged 33 y.o when she died)

Mom ghost for 5 years / played by Kim Tae Hee

“A mama ghost without body and immature but full of maternal love”

A mom ghost left her child (Jo Seo Woo) and husband (Jo Kang Hwa) 5 years ago and felt as if the world has coming to end. However, unlike her sad story she is perfectly adapting with the ghost world thanks to her bright and optimistic personality.

Jo Kang Hwa (38 years old)

A husband of Yuri (dead), husband of Min Jung / played by Lee Kyu Hyung

“My dead wife is alive again”

A tempered glass*. Like his name, even in hard situation, he strongly continues to live without breaking down on his promise 5 years ago with Yu Ri whom he lost to accident a few days before her due date. And he was left alone with their daughter Seo Woo.

*A word play of combining Kang Hwa’s and Yu Ri’s name

Oh Min Jung (34 years old)

Kang Hwa’s wife, Seo Woo’s step-mother / played by Go Bo Gyeol

“I will raise Seo Woo well myself. Would you mind?” (can be interpreted that she wants others or maybe Yu Ri to stop bothering her about how to raise Seo Woo well)

She is a nurse at Dongsung Universtiy Hospital and has been raising Seo Woo after her marriage with Kang Hwa. To others, she is armed with daring, chic and rude personality and she is the public enemy of mothers in the daycare. ‘Oh Man Jung’ which means ‘falls with pride’ is her nickname.

Jo Seo Woo (6 years old)

Yu Ri and Kang Hwa’s daughter / played by Seo Woo Jin

Her fetus nickname was 'Yeol Mu’ which means to grow up well for 10 months. She is a baby that Yu Ri cherished during her pregnancy. One day, a few days before the due date to see the light of the world, earlier than scheduled because of a sudden accident, she was ‘barely’ born as a child that is as precious as gold.

Go Hyun Jung (44 years old)

Yu Ri’s best friend, Geun Sang’s wife / played by Shin Dong Mi

She is Yu Ri soul mate who always stands by Yu Ri and reliable.

She introduced her best friend Yu Ri to Kang Hwa and gave them ‘Tempered Glass’ couple nickname. To her childish husband and Kang Hwa, she is a strong and scary big sister but after Yu Ri passed away, she is the one who takes care of Kang Hwa and Seo Woo and worries about them the most.

Gye Geun San (38 years old)

Hyun Jung’s husband, Kang Hwa’s best friend / played by Oh Eui Sik

“Yu Ri who is dead somehow has come back alive? Oh my... You fool...”

He works as a doctor in psychiatry department at Dongsung University Hospital who is among his peer is an extraordinary doctor that is light and full of pretense, a live or die style. He wants to wear the doctor’s gown which he thinks is awesome but after his studies, he becomes a real doctor. Because of his weak-hearted personality sometimes he might become too over empathetic to his patients but he is a reliable doctor who is always on the patient’s side.

• Thanks 4

Thank u for the translation @alleram95 

It give a bit of insightful view of the drama.

It seems that oh min jung also care for jo seo woo and had taken care of her ever since she was little. But ofcourse she still cant be fully a mom for her.

Also whats up with die before due date? Is that means kim tae hee die while pregant and the baby forced to come out? 

• Like 1

@alleram95 Thanks so much :). Things are absolutely interesting.....

So the second wife's personality is completely different from YR. It is going to be disaster lol:joy: :mrgreen:

@Samuel YohanesY she probably got into an accident first and died afterwards. I have a feeling her husband had to make a choice to save his wife or their baby child:tears:..... 

I just hope this drama dont make oh min jung as an evil character maybe a join mom for the kids is better. 

I do think that jo kang hwa married oh min jung looking at how oh min jung take care of jo seo woo and feel that she can be a mom figure for her while he fighting with his own despair.

The best thing is this drama is on NETFLIX!! So i can watch it after airing right away.

I have a great hope for this drama. Idk why but this drama excite me just like crash landing on you. 

• Insightful 1

10 hours ago, poopytubby said:

thank you so much for the translations @alleram95 :heart:

Makes me wonder how jo kang hwa fell in love with her :no_mouth: or maybe he just has diverse taste HAHA 

Lol:lol::joy:

@Nancyzak Awwwww:wub:. Do you think the daughter can see her mom or even sense her presence? I mean, she was always there from the beginning; not to mention, we don't know anything about her ghost abilities.

@Samuel YohanesY I hope not. And I hope they don't get divorced. Both YR and her have the right to have a say in the daughter's life.

I always thought she will be weak and will always question her husband's feeling for her due the stills that was posted with her looking sad and dejected but looks like we don't have to worry about that. And yes, I think that's the real reason why he married her.