[Drama 2020] Hi bye, Mama!, 하이바이, 마마!

0ly40

58 minutes ago, lu09 said:

@Nancyzak This trailer made my day ROFL:mrgreen::joy:. Poor guy, he got shocked to the point of fainting twice lol:sweat_smile:. But what I am really looking forward to is how he is gonna explain this to the current wife. This is gonna be so awkward:joy: and hilarious:mrgreen:.

@lu09, my thoughts exactly! :joy:. He’ll get stuck right in the middle of the tug of war between the wives and where is he going to sleep, without offending either wives? It’s going to be not only awkward and hilarious, but havoc too, in the household! :joy:

• LOL 2

Watch: Kim Tae Hee Gives Lee Kyu Hyung The Shock Of His Life In New Drama Teaser

4721af09c786496b86ece1d849cdf853.jpeg?s=

tvN’s upcoming drama “Hi Bye, Mama!” starring Kim Tae Hee has dropped its third teaser video!

“Hi Bye, Mama!” is about a woman named Cha Yu Ri (played by Kim Tae Hee). After passing away in a tragic accident, she is able to return to her husband Jo Kang Hwa (Lee Kyu Hyung) and daughter for 49 days as a ghost.

The begins with Jo Kang Hwa stumbling into a police station after receiving a call about his wife. As soon as he makes eye contact with Cha Yu Ri, he faints and drops to the floor.

When the police comment that her death had been registered in 2015, Cha Yu Ri urges her husband to wake up. Jo Kwang Hwa remarks, “My wife died five years ago,” but falls back in his seat when he glances at Cha Yu Ri again.

Check out the full teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1378825wpp/watch-kim-tae-hee-gives-lee-kyu-hyung-the-shock-of-his-life-in-new-drama-teaser

• LOL 3

2 hours ago, Nancyzak said:

@lu09, my thoughts exactly! :joy:. He’ll get stuck right in the middle of the tug of war between the wives and where is he going to sleep, without offending either wives? It’s going to be not only awkward and hilarious, but havoc too, in the household! :joy:

Exactly lol:mrgreen::joy:. It will be a long 49 days for him lol:mrgreen:. He is probably gonna sleep in the living room Imao:lol:. I feel sorry for him already:tongue:.

As for the current wife, she is gonna feel like a third wheel in this after a while and I already feel sorry for her. Not to mention, I don't think husband is over his wife's death. I can imagine him siding with CYR over her when it comes to matters with his daughter or anything else. Not that CYR doesn't deserve it because let's be honest, she didn't move on because of her family and she just wants to hold her daughter. So technically, she has nothing to lose. I'm not looking forward to the day both wives are on each other's throats lol:sweat_smile::joy:.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lu09 said:

Exactly lol:mrgreen::joy:. It will be a long 49 days for him lol:mrgreen:. He is probably gonna sleep in the living room Imao:lol:. I feel sorry for him already:tongue:.

As for the current wife, she is gonna feel like a third wheel in this after a while and I already feel sorry for her. Not to mention, I don't think husband is over his wife's death. I can imagine him siding with CYR over her when it comes to matters with his daughter or anything else. Not that CYR doesn't deserve it because let's be honest, she didn't move on because of her family and she just wants to hold her daughter. So technically, she has nothing to lose. I'm not looking forward to the day both wives are on each other's throats lol:sweat_smile::joy:.

With the wives at each other’s throat, the poor man may also have to handle his shocked parents (?) and the in-laws from both side of his wives, lol. Poor man will get so roasted from so many fronts! Not sure if the sofa in the living room will be of any comfort! :joy: I reckon the one who stays oblivious throughout the storms will be the cutie pie child, who gets triple dose of love from her father and 2 mothers. It’s going to be a very emotional moment when it’s time up for CYR has to leave the real world for good.  :bawling: I read of ghostly characters in the mix. I bet they will add to more comical moments to the story. :sweat_smile:

The film making video.

• LOL 1

@0ly40, thank you for starting the thread.
Waving hi to everyone here - old and new friends.
white-puppy-waving-smiley-emoticon.gif

I just finished watching "Stairway to Heaven" for the first time (thanks to KOCOWA, which has provided us with it), and I am all still under its impression, after crying buckets.

~~~~~~~~~

Hi Bye, Mama! | Official Teaser | Netflix [ENG SUB] You can already add it to your Netflix Lists.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Hi bye, Mama!, 하이바이, 마마! - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST - Kim Tae Hee & Lee Kyu Hyung - Premieres on February 22nd

The teasers/promo pictures for Hi Bye Mama has been so hilarious & cuuute! I love the 3rd teaser where he finds his undead wife at the police station & he just drops dead unconscious lol. LKH's comedic timing is impeccable in the teaser lol. 

Lee Kyu Hung's first lead role so I'm excited for him. Kim Tae hee is so perfect for this. Looks promising & endearing. I know it's going to be heartbreaks & tears:tears:. I can smell it a mile away lol. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, Nancyzak said:

Another set of new stills.

Is the sypnosis accurate for this show? Does Go BG play his current wife? Omg, it's going to be a wreck lol & awkward. She looks so sad/defeated in the promo stills:cold_sweat:. I'm going to support both KTH & GBG's character. Hopefully the story doesnt setup the two to despise & hate eachother. It's understandable if LKH's character becomes conflicted in his feelings because of his previous wife passing since she shows up out of nowhere back into his & their daughter's life. 

I've only seen GBG in the tvn drama Mother as the younger sister/journalist with a short hairdo. She has such a dainty face.

• Sad 2

Latest teaser.

On 1/31/2020 at 3:56 AM, greenwatch08 said:

Is the sypnosis accurate for this show? Does Go BG play his current wife? Omg, it's going to be a wreck lol & awkward. She looks so sad/defeated in the promo stills:cold_sweat:. I'm going to support both KTH & GBG's character. Hopefully the story doesnt setup the two to despise & hate eachother. It's understandable if LKH's character becomes conflicted in his feelings because of his previous wife passing since she shows up out of nowhere back into his & their daughter's life. 

I've only seen GBG in the tvn drama Mother as the younger sister/journalist with a short hairdo. She has such a dainty face.

Hi @greenwatch08

Yes, Go BG plays the present wife of LKH. I was confused myself seeing her happy look in the teaser against the sad/defeated look in the stills. The sypnosis did not reveal much about Go BG’s character, but I read that LKH became withdrawn or uncaring after the death of his wife. I guess, the character of Go BG suffers from having to care for the family with little or practically no attention from LKH?  

As for the relationship between the 2 women, my take is that there may be some kind competition for the attention of the little girl when KTH initially gets back home but it won’t develop into hate. I think the focus of the drama would be for KTH to finally being able to hold her daughter and help heal LKH from the pain of losing her and for him to move on with their child and new wife. Once she does that, all should be well for the household of LKH and Go BG. 

Character chart. Sorry that it’s in such a small size. I copied from the website. 

The. character descriptions are also up in the website.

Hoping some Good Samaritan could translate and post here. :)

f132248393040976910(0).jpg

• Love 1

Sigh I am hesitant to start this.  Even though the trailers seem to be hinting at fun and humour, I find that the dramas that make me laugh the hardest at first always make me cry the hardest when the ending is sad (like the inevitable parting that this drama seems to imply).  That being said, I was ready to cry me a river from reading the synopsis anyway...so I may give it a go regardless  :lol:

• Like 4