[Drama 2020] Hi bye, Mama!, 하이바이, 마마!

0ly40

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

my reaction :joy:

i almost thought he was going to choke on it during this scene hahaha!!!

and weekend is here!! new episodes for all us chingus who are stuck at home!!

Spoiler

i had a good time catching up with all the kdramas lol

• LOL 2

Preview for ep 12

Hard Sub

HJ: Are you crazy?! How can you say Yu Ri's name in front of Seo Woo? 
GS: Seo Woo knew about Yu Ri's name herself. She said 'Cha Yu Ri' 
YR: You knew who I am, didn't you? 
SW: Yeah
YR: I'm sorry
KH: Min Jung, let's change our pick-up helper
DD: That man will come again. Protect and stay beside your daughter
MJ: What are these? 
YR: If someone perhaps says that he wants to take Seo Woo away, spray it to the man's eyes, understood? 
YKW: Hello! I came to take your daughter.
YKW: Seo Woo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello, fellow HI BYE MAMA watchers. 

I finished watching episode 11 tonight. As you all know from my previous posts (and even my name here), I am a Ganghwa X Yuri shipper. I watched this drama hoping for them to become a family again. However, the latest episode made it so clear that Ganghwa & Yuri won’t end up together in the end. 

To cut the long story short, I am now SIGNING OFF my fellow HI BYE MAMA watchers.

My Ganghwa X Yuri shipper heart can’t take pain anymore by watching the episodes and seeing the reality that Yuri won’t be able to take her original place.

I wish HI BYE MAMA all the success it deserves!!! 

HI BYE MAMA, FIGHTING!!!

20200307_0953257305485555659181358.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

23 minutes ago, YuriXGanghwaFan said:

I finished watching episode 11 tonight. As you all know from my previous posts (and even my name here), I am a Ganghwa X Yuri shipper. I watched this drama hoping for them to become a family again. However, the latest episode made it so clear that Ganghwa & Yuri won’t end up together in the end. 

To cut the long story short, I am now SIGNING OFF my fellow HI BYE MAMA watchers.

My Ganghwa X Yuri shipper heart can’t take pain anymore by watching the episodes and seeing the reality that Yuri won’t be able to take her original place.

HI BYE MAMA, FIGHTING!!!

Its not over yet. Anything is possible tbh. 

Who knows what will happen 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

this man so funny :joy:

she saved the “damsel” in distress during the eggs scene.. he was staring at her with great admiration :lol::lol::lol: like, maybe thats how they got acquainted and married.. hashtag I MARRIED SEOUL’s BRUCE LEE!!

(without showing chin n upwards)

• LOL 2

Here's how I think this is going to end. In order for Seo-woo not to become a shaman Yu--ri will make a deal with the exorcist and she will go up. Mean while Kang-Hwa and Min-jung will have a second child, that Yu-ri will reborn as.

It breaks my heart that I might not be able to see Yu-ri and Kang-hwa reunite as a couple again, that's what I personally wanted to see as a romanticist. Still keeping a little hope for that as I wanted to see what their life would be like if Yu-ri went back to Kang-hwa and lived like a family together with Seo-woo. 

Hope everyone enjoys the drama till the end!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Its not over yet. Anything is possible tbh. 

Who knows what will happen 

@Samuel Yohanes I know a lot of things can still happen but I’m sure as also that Ganghwa & Yuri won’t end up together:( It’s so obvious with how the story was written. I wish HI BYE MAMA all the best!

HI BYE MAMA, FIGHTING!!!

1 hour ago, YuriXGanghwaFan said:

HI BYE MAMA, FIGHTING!!!

Same here. My desperation to see them as a family and their love for each other after Yu-ri came back was way beyond words. So many times I was so desperate to see Ganghwa cry holding Yu-ri for the love he had for her and what it might have felt to see her back like this. I will also stop watching the drama as it might just end up breaking my heart more. 

Somewhere still in my heart I will always hope Yu-ri takes her place back. 

• Like 1

it feels like we are saying "bye" to "hi bye mama" before the ending. 

I think we all want Yuri and Ganghwa to be the end game because they seem much more happier together as a couple than Min Jung and Ganghwa ever seem to be.  If Ganghwa gets his medical senses back in order, Yuri gone, and even if there is love between Min Jung and Ganghwa, there is no spark in their relationship.  He doesn't feed her food, or say sweet things, as he did when married to Yuri.  It's not really a happy ending.  And the in-laws still wont get to recognize their grand daughter as their grand daughter if Yuri is gone.  Other than Ganghwa and Min Jung resume as a married couple, other than everyone gets to give Yuri a proper farewell, no one is better off than before.  They just might only have closure. I also can't see Ganghwa wanting to work in the operating room again, if Yuri leaves again.  The only reason he seems to be getting treatment is because Yuri returned.   I hope the writer changes the storyline that we are currently being fed.

• Like 5

Greetings!  Just finished episode 11. 

my current prediction is maybe Seo Woo and Yuri both go upward? maybe SeoWoo wasn’t suppose to be born.  

If that happens, Yuri could leave happily and GH would be able to start a family with the new wife.

Kinda stratching my head how everyone on earth can return to normal after Yuri leaves again. 

• Like 3

I wonder what the grim-reaper meant by asking Shaman what she's going to do about Cha Yu Ri and Cho Seo Woo... Does he mean SW isn't supposed to live on and should've died like YR? or that SW should not be seeing ghost anymore? or that Shaman should guide SW in her ability to see ghost so as to unleash her true potential and be a shaman? :sweatingbullets: Preview seems to indicate that grim-reaper aims to take SW away. So does it mean SW isn't supposed to be living? Should she have not been born at all? or should she have died sometime ago? So many questions... I guess we'll find out soon. From the title, SW will say goodbye to her mama. The question now is, which mama? YR? or MJ? With the "Hi" in front, it should point to YR since they have a shorter meeting, thus the Hi, then Bye... but we don't know since when has SW been able to see YR, so it's probably not that short of a time that SW been seeing YR.

I appreciate the little snippets of flashback scattered in the show to help us viewers know what happened in the past. From this episode, I like the sandwiching of YR's regret in the opening and GH's regret as the ending for not cherishing the time given to them. I also like finding out that Unnie is actually the one who pushed GH to pursue MJ and move on from grief. She was able to see that GH loves MJ and thus feeling conflicted now whether to have GH with YR or with MJ. I am glad to know that he didn't marry MJ just so as to have someone to take care of SW. He had wanted MJ to continue holding a job, but MJ is the one who wants to be a stay-at-home mom. Interesting to note also that YR does not seek to spend time with GH but she likes spending time with MJ. GH also seems to be avoiding YR as much as possible. Now that he realizes SW knows YR's name, he even wants to stop hiring her as the nanny.

I agree that we don't see much lovey-dovey from GH and MJ compared to him and YR... Does that mean he loves MJ less? Not necessarily... MJ and YR are different person with different personalities after all, so it is natural that the dynamics between GH and the two women will be different. Besides, GH has also experienced the grief of losing a spouse, which for the longest time has ranked number one in the list of most stressful events in life. He for sure is a changed man. I think it is not fair to expect seeing the same GH, no matter whom he interacts with ~ the MIL, his friends, his colleagues. He is also still struggling with psychological issues after losing YR. He holds himself back a lot, in his job, in his marriage.

At the end of ep.11, it seems that GH acknowledges that he's been given a second chance in life to treasure his marriage. The Chinese subs said "If I had known the time given to us will be this short, I would not have been inattentive about these little things... but life has granted me another period of time" vs. English subs which said "If I had known the time given to us was this short, I would have treasured every insignificant moment. But life left some more time for me".

One can argue that the some more time left by life is referring to his second chance with YR... but because the camera pans to his current living room and family picture, my interpretation is that it is referring to second chance with his current family unit.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

56 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I wonder what the grim-reaper meant by asking Shaman what she's going to do about Cha Yu Ri and Cho Seo Woo... Does he mean SW isn't supposed to live on and should've died like YR? or that SW should not be seeing ghost anymore? or that Shaman should guide SW in her ability to see ghost so as to unleash her true potential and be a shaman? :sweatingbullets: Preview seems to indicate that grim-reaper aim to take SW away. So does it mean SW isn't supposed to be living? Should she have not been born at all? or should she have died sometime ago? So many questions... I guess we'll find out soon. From the title, SW will say goodbye to her mama. The question now is, which mama? YR? or MJ? With the "Hi" in front, it should point to YR since they have a shorter meeting, thus the Hi, then Bye... but we don't know since when has SW been able to see YR, so it's probably not that short of a time that SW been seeing YR.

I appreciate the little snippets of flashback scattered in the show to help us viewers know what happened in the past. From this episode, I like the sandwiching of YR's regret in the opening and GH's regret as the ending for not cherishing the time given to them. I also like finding out that Unnie is actually the one who pushed GH to pursue MJ and move on from grief. She was able to see that GH loves MJ and thus feeling conflicted now whether to have GH with YR or with MJ. I am glad to know that he didn't marry MJ just so as to have someone to take care of SW. He had wanted MJ to continue holding a job, but MJ is the one who wants to be a stay-at-home mom. Interesting to note also that YR does not seek to spend time with GH but she likes spending time with MJ. GH also seems to be avoiding YR as much as possible. Now that he realizes SW knows YR's name, he even wants to stop hiring her as the nanny.

I agree that we don't see much lovey-dovey from GH and MJ compared to him and YR... Does that mean he loves MJ less? Not necessarily... MJ and YR are different person with different personalities after all, so it is natural that the dynamics between GH and the two women will be different. Besides, GH has also experienced the grief of losing a spouse, which for the longest time has ranked number one in the list of stressful events in life. He for sure is a changed man. I think it is not fair to expect seeing the same GH. He is also still struggling with psychological issues after losing YR. He holds himself back a lot, in his job, in his marriage.

At the end of ep.11, it seems that GH acknowledges that he's been given a second chance in life to treasure his marriage. The Chinese subs said "If I had known the time given to us will be this short, I would not have been inattentive about these little things... but life has granted me another period of time" vs. English subs which said "If I had known the time given to us was this short, I would have treasured every insignificant moment. But life left some more time for me".

One can argue that the some more time left by life is referring to his second chance with YR... but because the camera pans to his current living room and family picture, so my interpretation is that it is referring to second chance with his current family unit.

nice take on ep 11. 

i am glad that the director goes direction that every character become likeable. but the seowoo thing is now a bit scary. i smell goblin vibe from this. you know those who should have died will die eventually.

• Like 2

One thing that I won't be able to handle in the upcoming Hi Bye Mama episodes is that they'll probably show the scene where Ganghwa tried to kill himself then Yuri was all along beside him trying everything she can do to stop him but he can't hear her

• Like 3