0ly40

The older twin died.  After the funeral, younger twin, and heroine of the show, says to Yeon Su, thank you, I could not have got through this without you.  Yeon Su thanks her back, and younger twin is like, for what, I didn't do anything, and YS is all, richard simmons, I'm so done with you and your fam.

Lots of scenes of Hero and Heroine searching, him for the older twin, her for him.

Yeon Su's attempts at blackmail have finally succeeded and she got $2 million from rich evil ahjumma.  YS broke up with her baby daddy and went and retrieved her baby from poor evil ahjumma who was knocked out by sleeping pills.  YS and baby have a final cuddle and YS prepares to hand baby over to child welfare.  Okay, to be honest, the grandma is crazy, and the father is a mama-boy, so I can see why YS thought child welfare was an option, but still, the dad's family weren't that bad.  Also, YS just got $ 2 million from rich evil ahjumma, and, judging from the old phones, we are going to get a time jump while she probably goes off to Miguk, so can't she just get a nanny and raise her baby? 

Still no preview.

Also, I guess since I'm the only one commenting on this thread, I can focus on YS and pretend she is the lead? :D

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, tulip06 said:

The older twin died.  After the funeral, younger twin, and heroine of the show, says to Yeon Su, thank you, I could not have got through this without you.  Yeon Su thanks her back, and younger twin is like, for what, I didn't do anything, and YS is all, richard simmons, I'm so done with you and your fam.

Lots of scenes of Hero and Heroine searching, him for the older twin, her for him.

Yeon Su's attempts at blackmail have finally succeeded and she got $2 million from rich evil ahjumma.  YS broke up with her baby daddy and went and retrieved her baby from poor evil ahjumma who was knocked out by sleeping pills.  YS and baby have a final cuddle and YS prepares to hand baby over to child welfare.  Okay, to be honest, the grandma is crazy, and the father is a mama-boy, so I can see why YS thought child welfare was an option, but still, the dad's family weren't that bad.  Also, YS just got $ 2 million from rich evil ahjumma, and, judging from the old phones, we are going to get a time jump while she probably goes off to Miguk, so can't she just get a nanny and raise her baby? 

Still no preview.

Also, I guess since I'm the only one commenting on this thread, I can focus on YS and pretend she is the lead? :D

I will be joining you soon. @tulip06 

So, we have everything: amnesia, relationships not approved of by parents, rich wife not happy with her life, abandoned baby, rich person covering up a car accident that killed someone, and abandoned baby raised by aunt claiming to be baby's mother.  

And stupid obsessive kdrama mom is more concerned about her son not being able to study than not remembering his daughter, smh.  No wonder the foster daughter turned out evil and money-hungry with kind of materialistic example constantly and literally beating her head.  

1 hour ago, Morelia said:

I was sad because nobody comments on this drama, but now I'm happy. I usually do not comment because my handling of the English language is defidient, but I am faithful follower of the threads of my favorite dramas in broadcast. Greetings and thanks @ tulip06 

You’re welcome! I’ll comment as much as I can, and please, don’t let your English hold you back! If you have something to say, come say it here. 

This is why Yeon Su hates them. 

Spoiler

They never show any concern for her. Awful mom pulls her hair and throws her out?  None of the siblings call or care about her when she’s been thrown out just for having the brothers kid to see if she is in pain or crying or anything.  Their bratty kid breaks her shoes and she has to leave limping? Nope, can’t offer her slippers, even though they grew up with her. Hell, I’d hate them all too. I’m surprised she even visited. They really did not deserve that, and she should not have bothered.

I’ll have to watch with subs to see what all else is going on. I think I know, but I’m not sure.

I was just over watching Wanna Taste, and the kid there is a way better actor. Realistic crying that tugs at the heart strings. This brat here just does this waaah that makes you go, what, what are you crying about, you fell on your own!

2 hours ago, 사나다니엘 said:

I didn't watch any daily drama since Left Handed Wife , I hope this one is at least bearable

Honestly, probably not. Go watch Wanna Taste or Gracious Revenge instead. 

with this one, I find that despite being a Rainbow fan, i just can’t bring myself to watch this incredibly irrational, illogical, and increasingly annoying show.

Rainbow fan aside, I just can’t bring myself to hate the second lead female who is a literal punching bag for everyone. Or to like the first female lead who I think is a little richard simmons.  And with shows like this one, you have to hate second lead and love the first clearly, and always hate everything the second does, and laugh at everything bad happening to her, and love everything the first does, and cry over all the bad. And for me it’s the reverse because logic and the domestic violence. And because humans aren’t punching bags. 

Sorry everyone, but I’m going to watch some cdrama instead.

21 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Honestly, probably not. Go watch Wanna Taste or Gracious Revenge instead. 

with this one, I find that despite being a Rainbow fan, i just can’t bring myself to watch this incredibly irrational, illogical, and increasingly annoying show.

Rainbow fan aside, I just can’t bring myself to hate the second lead female who is a literal punching bag for everyone. Or to like the first female lead who I think is a little richard simmons.  And with shows like this one, you have to hate second lead and love the first clearly, and always hate everything the second does, and laugh at everything bad happening to her, and love everything the first does, and cry over all the bad. And for me it’s the reverse because logic and the domestic violence. And because humans aren’t punching bags. 

Sorry everyone, but I’m going to watch some cdrama instead.

I really enjoyed the eps so far , everything went as I expected it too full of makjang but it didn't irritate me like most Daily dramas do and there is still a chance for the writer to develop it ... I still have hope it won't be a drama full of nonsense .

I was already planning to watch those 2 dramas but started with this one cause it has the least number of eps 

In many ways I feel that this is a typical drama with the normal drama formula and if the characters did something different we really wouldn’t have much of a story over here. More or less I feel that the characters are currently behaving under normal functional drama parameters. I do tend to watch this on a weekend marathon so I may miss a few things here and there.

Anyway let’s get on with the drama itself before I get further sidetracked.

Spoiler

In a way I kind of do feel bad for Yeon Soo in regards to how she grew up and let’s face it a lot of her problems could have easily been avoided if she had acted out differently or even used her head. For instance, I can sympathize with her when she claimed that her adopted mother didn’t pay enough attention to her when she took her in and didn’t notice the condition of her shoes or the fact that she had cold food or no meat and that she sacrificed it all for the rest of her family. Even when she became an adult it didn’t really change much. Will get to that shortly.

Now in regards to her making different choices that would have avoided most of this drama plot are as follows. One of the biggest factors that led her to her breakdown and on the path of the dark side is when Min Hyuk’s mother went all mafia style on her and warned her to stay away from her son as well as firing her for the very reasons so that she would leave her son. Well in this case she could have easily cleared up any misunderstanding on their part by pointing out that she was already married or spoken for and not only that but that she was already a mother she wouldn’t be interested in her son. This way Hwa Ran wouldn’t have needed to take such drastic methods towards her. Clearlt Yeon Soo would still have had a breakdown at some point but it wouldn’t have been so soon. The other factors certainly didn’t help her case though.

Then we have her so called family and their support towards her. So Won seemed to be supportive of her and her brother being an item and if I recall correctly so was Eun Hye (not so sure). Unfortunately, it was extremely limited in my opinion. For instance, when their mother discovered the truth Yeon Soo was kicked out of the house. Hojin tried to go after her but was prevented by his mother. While it was true that So Won tried to convince her mother to accept her back into the family what about the time when she left. Nobody cared to even know where she had gone or how she was doing. I can imagine just how hurt she must have felt at that point. Even as an adult she was still going through the same things just different.

Though to be honest some of her actions don’t make a lot of sense. For instance, she kidnaps her own child before leaving for France and leaves them at an orphanage. What exactly did that serve. If she had no intent of raising the child, then she should have left it with family instead of strangers. I could understand if there was nobody but here the child not only had a father but also a grandmother and aunt who loved said child. In other words, it makes little to no sense for her doing that. Perhaps it comes in the way of her revenge but if she cuts of all ties with that family that might not be such an issue.

We all know how her ending is going to turn out to be. She will eventually get redeemed no matter how bad she is towards the main leads and their families because she will end up being the one that transplants what her daughter needs to survive. Unless she dies but even then she will give her what she needs to make up for all that she has done towards her.

Then the other things that seem to make little to no sense to me at this point. Granted they all follow drama tropes to an extent but make little to no sense from a drama or viewing perspective. Also how the characters could have used those factors differently.

Before the time skip Min Hyuk was asked to obtain the technology from So Won’s family since it would be profitable for their company and when he failed he tried to break into their shop and steal said research and technology. He failed in this department as well. Now all this is believable until you realize just how badly the villains fumbled with this ball. Hwa Ran’s right hand man obtained the information of So Won’s mother or rather that she had the technology. Now I would have further gathered that he would have done better research into who the person was and their family as well. Even if they didn’t I would have expected Hwa Ran to have a background check done on Yeon Soo since she was seen with her son. Both of them failed to do this. Then on top of all this we even had Eun Hye. No background done on her as well. I can understand that since Hwa Ran had no real interest in what Jahyuk did and found that she had no real connections she dropped the matter since she didn’t consider her a real threat. Now just imagine what would have been the case if they had realized even a fraction of this.

Yeon Soo probably wouldn’t have been treated badly (regardless of her being a mother or not) but they instead would have tried to win her over so that she could convince her mother to hand over the technology to them. this would have benefitted her greatly as well as her family to an extent as well. Am sure that a few more things could have gone in their favour as well. Considering the point that Eun Hye was also marrying into that family it wouldn’t have been a major loss even if this fact had been revealed later on down the line as Min Hyuk would have achieved this on his own.

Another thing that seems to baffle me is the technology that So Won and her mother have created. This awesome thing that everyone is after but nobody can master. Apparently this is a magical technology that must have been transferred over the ages since nobody can replicate it perfectly. Oh wait that can’t be correct since So Won claimed that it was created by her mother and her. This means that she should be able to replicate it but this isn’t the case since most of her research was stolen by Yeon Soo. Fortunately for her it is partially useless since she has other parts of the research hidden somewhere else. Only with the joining of the two families will the research be reunited and the lost technology obtained once more. But joking aside how can she not have an idea of how she made her clothes. Think about it like this. You make tea or coffee in a certain way on a regular basis that you probably can make it in your sleep or know where everything goes by touch even if you are blindfolded. This means that she should have been able to recreate the process. Also it isn’t like she did everything in a locked room and then give it to other people to make. She probably must have had a few helpers. From what I gather her technology had limited customers because while it was a hit she didn’t have the funds to operate it on a giant factory. They would have had to pay other workers and other costs. So in a sense her forgetting how to make it on her own make even less sense.

Speaking of Yeon Soo stealing the technology. What has she been doing with it all this time. Has she also realized that it is worthless in its current form so she is still holding on to it or has she leaked it to someone else. It seems to make sense. When she brought up their current material one of her co-workers mentioned how his mother had gotten a jacket which was made of better material. She immediately figured out that it must have been made by her mother’s technology. She then phones someone asking them to ensure that their technology doesn’t enter the Korean market. Now why would that be. In my opinion it serves two reasons. One her company still remains on the top since they don’t have any major competitors and secondly it prevents anyone else from figuring out her involvement in the theft of technology. Since if a better material comes out people are naturally going to go for it if it is affordable. It would also increase the chance of So Won and her mother getting their hands on I at some point and realizing that it was made from their own technology which would eventually reveal her own involvement. Also why would she ask another company to not launch their product in Korea and why would they go along with it. It only makes sense if they owe her something big. Perhaps they think that she as the creator has some weird terms but to get it they will be willing to go along with it. Her selling it to them could have also further helped her education abroad as well as obtain valuable experience which would have helped her get any job back in Korea.

Come to think about it isn’t Kate also from France. Perhaps on one of her trips back she will discover said clothes from the company and bring it back. Or it may happen since she seems to be friendly with fashion designers one of them may gift her with a sample of their works and when So Won feels it she will realize that it was made from their work and they can try and backtrack it to Yeon Soo. This again is assuming that they have managed to perfect the technology. I guess So Won and her family never thought of patenting said technology. If they did they wouldn’t have been in this fix in the first position.

Then we have other things in this show that doesn’t seem to match up. We know that Eun Hye died and her ashes are kept at a columbarium. If my memory serves correctly she had a picture of her with her family placed with her ashes. Atleast when they were last there but when Jayhyuk went to visit her they weren’t there. How is this possible. I can only come up with two explanations for this. Either he has been informed of the same place but his mother’s right hand man as arranged another place specially for him. So in other words the urn that he thinks contains Eun Hye’s remains is a fake and empty or he knows the right spot but the right hand man has it arranged in such a way that he removes the family picture whenever he heads there and then returns it after his visit. This can be a bit tricky but makes some sense. After all he has been visiting that place every year without fail according to his mother. perhaps this means that he does it on a schedule ie shows up only at the same time so swapping the pictures might be possible for them.

Speaking of Eun Hye’s accident is also a bit confusing. They tried to cover it up but it again makes no sense to me. What exactly do they get out of it. I get it was to protect her real son. But I doubt that even if they revealed it to him he could have done anything to save her life or the fact that they wanted him to not meet her family and did their level best to get them out of town. Why what do they gain from that. It wouldn’t be that he would promise to look after them for the rest of their lives and even if he did they lose nothing. Speaking of all that this again brings up the point of the right hand man not doing his research properly. He has that family kicked out from their own home but hasn’t managed to figure out that Jayhyuk is currently living with them. Just how sloppy can he get. Does he need to see So Won at the company to recognize her and realize this.

Then we have Mr. Shin who quits or is fired from his job. Why would that happen. This guy just basically beat out his competitors from launching their new product giving his company an edge in the market. He should be instead be getting a promotion instead of leaving his job. Yes, their might be the issue of corporate espionage but without any clear evidence it may be hard to prove anything on that part such as whether he asked So Won to leak the design or if she came on her own and offered to sell the design to his company. I could perhaps understand if he was caught stealing company money due to his gambling debts and all but there seems to be no indication of that as of now. Ofcourse if he gets caught at this point he might get caught but even that isn’t easy in real life. For instance, what exactly can the charge him with or on what basis will they investigate him. Such as in the drama they will figure out that since he has gambling debts there is no possible way for him to come up with the so called bribe money. This means that someone else is responsible and behind him. They will then try and trace the source of the money and if it isn’t his former company then it has to be someone else and this will eventually lead them to Yeon Soo. So you can be sure that So Won’s brother is going to use his pull as a prosecutor to intimidate him for a confession but in real life that won’t be possible and the police would need to have a valid reason to even look into his finance conditions. After all he isn’t a suspect in anything from as far as I have gathered. Perhaps her brother might indeed figure out that he has stolen money in the past from his company which will eventually have the same results since they can use this to corner him for a confession but can’t he figure this out before they catch him as they would have an edge then.

Regardless of all this I doubt that they will manage to capture him at the start of this episode. Since So Won is about to get into an accident one of two things is going to happen. Jayhyuk is either going to have to let him go as he will try and rescue her or he will face some sort of trauma remembering Eun Hye and her possible death by an accident which will allow him to escape. Either way Yeon Soo has gotten lucky for now.

Am sure that if I continue on with this post I won’t have anything good to say. So will leave it at this point. Good luck to the viewers who are continuing to watch this show. Will continue to give it a shot if I have time but with such obvious plot holes I think I would rather stick with Gracious Revenge where I think the characters are more idiotic and can’t seem to realize what is going on. So take care all of you. Will come to this thread if possible but I doubt that anyone here will be missing out on much.

On 12/25/2019 at 10:08 PM, Ldy Gmerm said:

Since they did not show her picture at her memorial that they did at home it is going to take a bit before he finds out that he is staying at his late fiancee's families home and that the kid is possibly his. 

The kid is Su Yeon's and So Won's brother's.  Can't believe that he still doesn't know that So Won is his "sister in law"

4 hours ago, hell59 said:

The little girl isn't his? i thought it was the dead sister's baby!

Nope the dead sisters' child also passed away. She is actually her brothers and Yeon Soo's child. Yeon Soo kidnapped and her and then abandoned her at an orphanage. So Won managed to track the child down and decided to raise it as her own. The brother doesn't remember this because he got himself in an accident and ended up with partial amnesia. 

On 12/31/2019 at 2:01 PM, Melissa C said:

The kid is Su Yeon's and So Won's brother's.  Can't believe that he still doesn't know that So Won is his "sister in law"

Good luck in that department. Don't expect him to figure it out till another 30 episodes or so. I find it more weird that none of them have bothered to find out his real name. She still calls him J. There are a few ways that they can figure out who he is. The things that she made for her sister. Only one of them has to recognize it for them to question why they have them. But even then don't expect that to happen till they have already fallen for each other to further complicate things. :)

On 1/7/2020 at 3:45 AM, yamiyugi said:

Nope the dead sisters' child also passed away. She is actually her brothers and Yeon Soo's child. Yeon Soo kidnapped and her and then abandoned her at an orphanage. So Won managed to track the child down and decided to raise it as her own. The brother doesn't remember this because he got himself in an accident and ended up with partial amnesia. 

Good luck in that department. Don't expect him to figure it out till another 30 episodes or so. I find it more weird that none of them have bothered to find out his real name. She still calls him J. There are a few ways that they can figure out who he is. The things that she made for her sister. Only one of them has to recognize it for them to question why they have them. But even then don't expect that to happen till they have already fallen for each other to further complicate things. :)

Thank you!

Archived