[Drama 2020] Memorist, 메모리스트

taskdramafanatic

I watched last night the RAW but without understand and feel flat. Again, watch it again today with subtitle and understand and come in terms with the ending. Here goes... 

What I'm okay with:

- The siblings scene. DB get to know his noona and his memory back. He was the one who erased his own memory. So, both of them have equal power. Scan, erased and return back the memory. Once his sister share her memory, it unlock DB/Sung Ju Ho memories. Hence, regain his health. Human brain is such a wonder. 

- There's no romance here. DB and HSM still have no chemistry. But, DB and Cho Won were sweetheart. Still a long way to go. But, glad SH openly trying to get KJE. 

- KJE resign from TVC was a good move. She succesfully with new job in OBC. Smart decision. I root for KJE and SH. Cute couple. 

- Let's just assumed, HPS will rot in prison. Bullied by the inmates. Her world come crushing down after her son suicide. Such a mama boy. 

- JJG adopted daughter regains her husband. She was a victim and innocent caught in the older generation problem. 

- What the sister did was wrong. Killing and punishing people. DB did said to her, she should do it otherwise. We are what we choose to be. I believe so. I wish to be different when I was younger and yes, I am now. 

- The side of the law. The one who were guilty was never shown as evil. They were just corrupt. The total evil is Chairwoman Hwang Pil Soon (HPS). 

What I'm curious :

- We never know the siblings parents. The father, i dont remember it was ever mention. Their mother might have the ability as well. Thats why they chosed to live quietly. How NIS can know the sister have the power it was never explain. They can do season 2 to explain the parents story...lol. 

- They just quietly bury the Eraser story from the public. The sister was never mention after the scene in the hospital. Did she died? There's no scene DB visits the mother grave as well. Even DB and HSM didnt discuss on this. I wish the siblings hugs each other but it didnt happened. 

- The identity of DB. He might have to get the family register and formally used his born name. What we see was only he returned back to his childhood home. Okay, let's just assumed. 

- Anybody care how many were killed in this drama? Even the last episode shown how the sister cold hearted killed HPS's rightman. She caused all the killing in Shimbae. Her friend doctors and many more. They should show the scene HPS learnt the downfall of her was caused by her employee, the noona of DB. 

I wish it will be more. But the ending serve it purposed. Lets move on. Will continue with The King tonite. Happy watching! 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive just finish watching the drama.  Good ending but could be better...

1. Yes, what was the secret that HSM knew about DB. How are they related to the case when thet young?

2. Why did HSM's father died and how is it related to the teenagers deaths?

3. The romance could have happened between DB and HSM but that was kept very low, little chance of 2nd season, right?

4. I dont think his sister died... maybe

5. Chairwoman's end at prison to me wasnt gruesome enough..... sigh.. evil woman, should have a more terrible ending.

@realistic2280a, thank you. I also wondered why prison is considered a “gruesome” end for the chairwoman. Here I was expecting that she was murdered gruesomely in prison. Not that I want it...it’s just that the prediction said it. I’d say the way JJG’s mother died was gruesome. Insecticide. Poor woman. 

I admit I felt so bad for our hero when all was revealed. So many families destroyed by the wicked chairwoman, her dissolute and rapist son, and the people in authority who covered up for them.

This show was good but so complicated in the threads. I think it put is at a bit of disadvantage.

11 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Ive just finish watching the drama.  Good ending but could be better...

1. Yes, what was the secret that HSM knew about DB. How are they related to the case when thet young?

2. Why did HSM's father died and how is it related to the teenagers deaths?

3. The romance could have happened between DB and HSM but that was kept very low, little chance of 2nd season, right?

4. I dont think his sister died... maybe

5. Chairwoman's end at prison to me wasnt gruesome enough..... sigh.. evil woman, should have a more terrible ending.

The Eraser got me too, then Dong Baek came and gave me back my memories lol. This was what I recalled:

1. 2. I think HSM was only related to JJG who killed his dad before her eyes 20yrs ago. Also 20 yrs ago, DB lost his memory after witnessing his mom's death and scanning his noona's memory. Their starting point was different though it was around the same time. They were indirectly related because Eraser met JJG and worked with him.

3. Romance could've happened anytime in any drama, sadly not in this one huhu. Such a waste of their sweet interaction off screen ikr. Let's just imagine it would be started since their ending handshake;;;;

4. I think she did right after DB erased her terrible memories. If not, she should've been seen lawfully punished, given DB stance of justice even about his noona. 

5. @celebrianna I think it wasn't about the prison. Her gruesome "death" should be his son's suicide since she seemed adore and love him too much, though in a very wrong way. Losing him because of her incapability to protect him must felt like the most terrible ending for her.

Me too was drowned in a pool of memories of how many times we had been deceived by the Eraser who was just out in what...ep.12???? Haha

I always like YSH's acting, his eyes captivates me, his smile is heart fluttering, and his voice is addictive. Wish his next project would be better and better. Memorist was fun but like everyone else think I also think he didn't get his breakthrough role yet, be it in terms of popularity or rating. Idk why though..... :huh:

I thought I'll never visit this thread again... ha ha... Still there are some who havent watched it yet.

On 5/3/2020 at 9:13 AM, nurlayla said:

-What happened to the assemblyman's wife?

-Did DB sister died?

-What the ending urghhhhh:blink: 

Errk you did not watch it till the end?  Then just watched the last episode he he.. The answers will be there.

5 hours ago, nurlayla said:

@YongZura⁷ already watch chingu...

i mean...the wife is not in the luggage right? did i miss something :wacko:

db noona also...they just mention she is dying but not show anything. 

ok whatever :joy:

Oh no.... she was saved by HSM ....she was looking for her through every room and found her 

As for her sister,  he erased her memory .... 

One thing that I like about the drama is .... the twist after twist .... so instead of having a headache ...I just watched the show .... and enjoyed the ride :glasses:  I only joined the thread here quite late... 

Credit to the owner

Archived