[Drama 2020] Memorist, 메모리스트

taskdramafanatic

1 hour ago, anony12345 said:

TvN drama with popular actors and nothing subbed so far. Odd

It's subbed.  I watched it a couple of hours ago on one of those not-legal sites.

Have to admit that I did not really enjoy the first episode because the male lead character seemed really obnoxious.  I'll watch another ep or two but I don't know if this will remain on my watch list.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Can someone tell me what happened at the end of ep 1? Why did that hammer guy suddenly shout ? The scene was so dark I couldnt see a thing.

He had his phone on with the other guy holding a hammer. I think since he is found out having the phone on, he instructed the guy to "kill her now"... at least that's what my subs said. It happened so fast, no matter how many times I rewatch, I'm not too sure myself.

There's another scene that I cannot make out what is being shown because it's too dark. During the recently kidnapped girl first encounter with the kidnapper, the camera focused on her hands, too long but I don't know what is being shown actually. Was she holding something?

The last episode of The Game: Towards Midnight aired today.  That series was brilliant, although most people somehow seem to have ignored it.  (The thread for that show only runs to 4 pages total--really a shame as it was worth discussing.)  It's impossible to ignore the similarities between TG:TM and Memorist because the basis for both shows is the same--a guy with psychic abilities works with the cops and gets close to a female cop while trying to solve a series of murders.   It's also impossible (at least for me) to ignore the fact that Memorist seems cartoonish in comparison.  It's busy and noisy, and the male lead acts like a brat.

Maybe TG:TM wrecked me for Memorist.  I've got no patience for a wannabe, and that's what Memorist feels like after TG:TM.  Episode 2 annoyed me just as much as the first ep.  I'm out. 

Glad that the show is getting ratings, etc.  Hope that lots of people find it enjoyable. 

But Memorist is certainly Not my cup of tea and I'm not spending another moment on it. 

49 minutes ago, thistle said:

The last episode of The Game: Towards Midnight aired today.  That series was brilliant, although most people somehow seem to have ignored it.  (The thread for that show only runs to 4 pages total--really a shame as it was worth discussing.)  It's impossible to ignore the similarities between TG:TM and Memorist because the basis for both shows is the same--a guy with psychic abilities works with the cops and gets close to a female cop while trying to solve a series of murders.   It's also impossible (at least for me) to ignore the fact that Memorist seems cartoonish in comparison.  It's busy and noisy, and the male lead acts like a brat.

Maybe TG:TM wrecked me for Memorist.  I've got no patience for a wannabe, and that's what Memorist feels like after TG:TM.  Episode 2 annoyed me just as much as the first ep.  I'm out. 

Glad that the show is getting ratings, etc.  Hope that lots of people find it enjoyable. 

But Memorist is certainly Not my cup of tea and I'm not spending another moment on it. 

I haven't watched this yet but The Game started so poorly, I dropped it after the first 4 episodes. The story and characters were given no chance to breathe with how quickly everything was happening. Needed better writing and pacing.

Anyhow will give this one a try tonight I think.

I thought the first 2 episodes of The Game were at least pretty intense. But i dropped it soon after. 

So did anyone like the first 2 episodes?

I didn't have the highest expectations for The Memorist. Another serial killer drama... We definitely haven't had enough of those lately... If it was from mbc or sbs i probably wouldn't even touch it. But it's from tvn, based on a webcomic and i like the leads. So i gave it a shot. (Although the director is a big warn sign with pretty much just trash under his belt)

But for me the drama swings between boring, frustrating and stupid.

There isn't much in this drama worth watching for.

The case and investigation isn't interesting, exciting or fun. The corruption part is rather annoying and not particularly well done.

I guess the leads will start working together at some poiint. But so far there is zero chemistry. Which might be unfair to say because they barely had one scene together. But if i compare that to Sooyoung and Jang Hyuk meeting for the first time in Tell me what you saw... quite a difference.

There are some 'fun' moments which are mostly out of tone. Like the scene where the police pulls up the dude on the rope and... well he falls down and breaks his neck.

I guess there is some exploitation of the victims you can look forward to... I wasn't a fan of that either.

(Btw what is he even doing at the police force? Surely he would have been recruited or simply kidnapped by some intelligence agency.)

Well part of my negativity comes from that there are way too many serial killers on the loose lately. And i would have liked something more fun. That said i'd still watch it if it was a good thriller. Unfortunately i don't think it is.

Finished ep.2... love both pilot episodes. Fast paced and gave the needed information flowing at right moment to keep the suspense going. I like how the reveal of what happened (memory scanned) is presented not all at once but soon enough to keep the story going. Can't wait for next episode. My only complain is some scenes are too dark. Used to it with OCN but still wish for a clearer view. Surprisingly, not as many blurring of (dangerous or grosteque) objects as in OCN.

YSH it has been a long time, good to see u back on tv....... LSY ... wow i still remember you as the undead in Hwayugi, how things have changed :)

Just finished both episodes, normally i dont really like to watch dark dramas but since it was YSH, im giving it a shot. I dont see why netizens are complaining about YSH's looks, i tot he just looked fine... as for his character, probably because he has the talent when he was so young, he is media darling hence his overconfidence.

Its 2 episodes and the case hasnt been solved, hopefully we will see ep4 with new cases... what to say, i wish it wasnt that dark? :D

Annyeong chingudeuls,

The  first two episodes started strong. I like the combination of bragging characteristics of Dong Baek ( YSH), the comedy incorporation and the level of seriousness. There is a bit similarity of this drama to He is a Psychometric bc of "memory" thing but I love the opening of this more than HIAP. Gonna watch more, I hope it will stay in good tracks. One more thing- Yoo Seung Ho is so HOT. :tounge_wink:

IMG-20200316-181907.jpg

IMG-20200316-181954.jpg

IMG-20200316-182122.jpg

IMG-20200316-183253.jpg

Spoiler

0001123683-001-20200316144112907.jpg

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/311/0001123683

Another thriller with male/female pair fights with the injustice.

Sometimes I hope that with thriller/crime series the big bad would just be crazy not someone with money and power.

But anyway I liked the first episodes.

I am a bit surprised that this thread is not getting a lot of responses. Maybe international viewers aren't watching this drama as much? 

I caught up with all 4 episodes and I like this drama. The story is intriguing and I wonder what other mysteries lies behind the religious cult. I will definitely keep watching:wub:

Been a fan of Lee Se Young for a while and it's great that she's playing the kick-a** profiler. You can see that she's tough on the outside and is very intelligent, but I bet there's something in her past that is yet to be revealed. Also can't wait for a little romance to come into play!! Lee Se Young & Yoo Seung Ho have tons of LOL moments and cute chemistry off screen, so hopefully that will soon integrate into the story:D

Started watching this.

Honestly, had to forward a bit because our leads kept being stymied on the case.

I have to say that I sobbed like mad in Ep 3.

I hope that something positive happens but it looks like Ep 5 is a 'did he/didn't he do it' scenario.

SIGH

PS. I like the two leads (not hoping for romance) but I want him to really start working together because they will be a kicka** team.

I wonder who will be Batman and who will be Robin. ^^

Hello guys!! It's been a long time for me in soompi. So far so good!!! I really like the story and the characters.

I have a theory (I didn't read the manhwa) I think maybe Dong Baek is the one who killed the cult leader but he doesn't remember it and this is why he has a hard time to retrieve the memories from witnesses. When he was still in hospital, they said he went out but he doesn't remember it, maybe the aftermath of his abilities is that ?

I kind of hope for some "romantic" scenes, not romantic but some light scenes between the leads. They really need to work together.

I'm excited for the story to unfold. How did Dong Baek even has this ability anyway? Is it when he watched his mother dying? Does he want to catch the man who killed his mother, is this why he became a cop? Is the killer of the cult leader the same one who killed his mother?

Guys let's revive this thread by the way, let's talk!!

Archived