[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love Is Sweet 半是蜜糖半是伤

sugarplum892

14 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Winter is a good time to shoot drama, eg LIS, a year ago right, when they started shooting, heee... and we saw Yuan Shuai dashing clothes... heeee

The term “winter” is used in a figurative sense as in the industry has fewer projects compared to last time. It has nothing to do with the real change of seasons. Sorry for not making it clearer.

7 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Ok... why is everyone calling each other Teacher? Teacher Bai, Teacher Luo?

It seems to be the accepted trend in China to do so as a polite way of acknowledging the other person’s knowledge and experience.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

The term “winter” is used in a figurative sense as in the industry has fewer projects compared to last time. It has nothing to do with the real change of seasons. Sorry for not making it clearer.

It seems to be the accepted trend in China to do so as a polite way of acknowledging the other person’s knowledge and experience.

Ahh... thanks for the info :heart:... i think the koreans used the terms *sunbaes* to show their seniority (and age) in the industry...  and life in general i guess.... 

Im watching Bai Lu's Lucky's First love.... the height difference between two leads are too much..... haha

Zhao Lin's seemed distanced to her, even in the bts , so yeah... currently watching ep3..... at least he drives Porsche too:D

Leo is her best partner... gentle, handsome and caring and of same.height.... :heart:

Hmm.. i wonder who gets paid higher... i read that the max price of actors in a drama is placed at 145k per episode.... i wonder how mcuh bailu and leo command each episode... B)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Im watching Bai Lu's Lucky's First love.... the height difference between two leads are too much..... haha

Zhao Lin's seemed distanced to her, even in the bts , so yeah... currently watching ep3..... at least he drives Porsche too:D

Leo is her best partner... gentle, handsome and caring and of same.height.... :heart:

Hmm.. i wonder who gets paid higher... i read that the max price of actors in a drama is placed at 145k per episode.... i wonder how mcuh bailu and leo command each episode... B)

I didnt watch the bts videos but i liked the drama. Their bickering was the best thing in the drama ... Lol. 

Already done watched all the last 6 episodes. sorry if I would be rambling.. but i can't' help it *lol*

I'm not satisfied with the closure, not for the OTP, but for the 2nd ML, Du Lei.

He’s back become a pathetic jerk now, what is it for? I think it’s unnecessary plot line for him. What the heck, it’s been 2 years past and he’s still hoping for JJ? Come on, even Qiao Na had already accepted and try to move on when she knew YS-JJ are in relationship. 

Btw, I thought Su Chang is already as a VP and not as PA of YS anymore, the kiddo is become a YS’s PA right? (I forgot his name…errrr), but seems at the last episode Su Chang is back become YS’ PA again hahaha… minor fault, never mind..

The proposal is good and touched. But after the proposal kiss it become anticlimax, suddenly JJ have to sign an agreement or something, the unnecessary thing in drama (but of course it’s important in real life haha… it’s such as prenup I think) – hmm.. or maybe it’s like a hint if there is a 2nd season for this drama so they can make up some story about their own company? i don’t know..

I don’t mind with all those people around YS-JJ after the proposal, I think it’s okay because I’ve seen some couple did that in order to share their happiness on spot with some close friends and family… errrr. Yeah you are right @realistic2280a, Linda shouldn’t be there, she’s not even close to YS and JJ.. *another minor fault haha..*

Okay.. after this drama end, I don’t’ think I would want to watch BL and LYX other drama for awhile. I can’t be objective at this time, I keep comparing Male Lead to LYX and Female Lead to BL… *sigh*.. am i having this post-series syndrome now?

Guess i'm back re-watch LIS again hahaha.....

• Love 1

7 hours ago, Zay❤️ said:

I didnt watch the bts videos but i liked the drama. Their bickering was the best thing in the drama ... Lol. 

Oh man.. im.watching ep6 and the 2nd male lead, Chu Nan, is sooooo annoying....  who is the father of the boy? Hmmm

Haha..@juliaajumma... ive watched LIS twice... hence i need to move to another drama... record of Youth was also a dissappointment.. i saw a new drama, Once Again but since its from Mango TV... subbing will be an issue (hopefully not like Maiden Holmes when my interest was totally squashed due to delay in the english sub.... sigh

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, juliaajumma said:

He’s back become a pathetic jerk now, what is it for? I think it’s unnecessary plot line for him. What the heck, it’s been 2 years past and he’s still hoping for JJ? Come on, even Qiao Na had already accepted and try to move on when she knew YS-JJ are in relationship. 

Spoiler

For Qiao Na though, they had that event where YS did his best to save her job, and then they had a talk about how YS cares for her as a great partner in business but not in life. So for her, there’s closure, and as modern people, she moved on.

For DL, well, apparently JJ didn’t get he was into her, so she treated him nicely without a thought, and even YS admitted he should have told her then it would save them a lot of problem. From DL’a perspective, because she didn’t say anything, and because JJ and YS don't seem to be that much solid (no engagement, they keep it down low), plus new love, only been 2 years, many relationships die at the 2 years mark, so can’t blame DL for being hung up on her. After 2 years, obsessing over her then realise he’s about to lose his chance, that’s why he got panic and does stupid stuff, I gave it a pass as he’s then being a modern person and move on (or at least trying to).

3 hours ago, juliaajumma said:

The proposal is good and touched. But after the proposal kiss it become anticlimax, suddenly JJ have to sign an agreement or something, the unnecessary thing in drama (but of course it’s important in real life haha… it’s such as prenup I think) – hmm.. or maybe it’s like a hint if there is a 2nd season for this drama so they can make up some story about their own company? i don’t know..

Spoiler

I could be wrong but I think that’s a product placement for the jewel company lol. When YS picked up the ring, he has to sign the paper and it’s said: for life. After he proposed, he got JJ to sign that paper (need 2 signatures). It’s also tie in with them being in investment banking sector where only a sign contract is valid lol :joy: silly yes, but can see what they are trying to do :joy:

3 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Oh man.. im.watching ep6 and the 2nd male lead, Chu Nan, is sooooo annoying....  who is the father of the boy? Hmmm

Haha..@juliaajumma... ive watched LIS twice... hence i need to move to another drama... record of Youth was amso a disaappintment.. i saw a new drama, Once Again but since its from Mango TV... the problem of subbing will be an issue (hopefully not like Miden Holmes when my interest was totally squashed due to delay in the english sub....

lol, I love Lucky’s first love, but I also basically FF the second lead couples xD I also love the kisses in here

Spoiler

Unlike LIS’s kisses, which is natural, passionate and cute (different styles the leads show), LFL’s kisses are sensual xD Bailu is just a really good kisser, ok?! >_<“ 

• Love 2

I'm in withdrawal..... hahahah, watching as many interviews and rewatching some episodes. 

I started on Jiu Liu Overlord and honestly, it pales so much in comparison with LIS. I cannot feel the chemistry between Bailu and Lai Yi. 

I really enjoyed the latest interview between BL and LYX after the fan meet (I'm assuming it's after as they are in the same clothes). The way they compliment each other and are so comfortable being together.... awwwww....

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Sannie said:

I started on Jiu Liu Overlord and honestly, it pales so much in comparison with LIS. I cannot feel the chemistry between Bailu and Lai Yi. 

I dropped Jiu Liu Overlord after FF few eps, cant feel anything, Bailu is struggling alone in there...

8 hours ago, juliaajumma said:

Already done watched all the last 6 episodes. sorry if I would be rambling.. but i can't' help it *lol*

I'm not satisfied with the closure, not for the OTP, but for the 2nd ML, Du Lei.

Btw, I thought Su Chang is already as a VP and not as PA of YS anymore, the kiddo is become a YS’s PA right? (I forgot his name…errrr), but seems at the last episode Su Chang is back become YS’ PA again hahaha… minor fault, never mind..

I don’t mind with all those people around YS-JJ after the proposal, I think it’s okay because I’ve seen some couple did that in order to share their happiness on spot with some close friends and family… errrr. Yeah you are right @realistic2280a, Linda shouldn’t be there, she’s not even close to YS and JJ.. *another minor fault haha..*

Okay.. after this drama end, I don’t’ think I would want to watch BL and LYX other drama for awhile. I can’t be objective at this time, I keep comparing Male Lead to LYX and Female Lead to BL… *sigh*.. am i having this post-series syndrome now?

Guess i'm back re-watch LIS again hahaha.....

Someone on MDL mentioned that the editing team changed alot from the script and decided to focus on romance. I think the original script wasnt that good and it was veru business oriented. The drama's success was because of the romance, so i am glad they changed all that.

And about DL, i think he was bad from the start. He worked with YS just to find a way to enter MH and kick YS out. He has a dark past and one cant easily overcome it. 

Linda was there to deliver the flowers. Honestly, i wish they met their colleagues later, after the certificate to congratulate them and not interrupt the scene of the proposal (for me). Lol.

I think overall it was a very good proposal. His words were touching too.:tears: 

I dont think I want another season. What story would it be about? Nah. Gimme another drama with those two and i will be happier.

They ruined other romcom dramas for me. I keep comparing them to every couple, esp their chemistry and kissing hahaha.

Unforgettable drama imo. Their chemistry needed to be taught in dramaland for other actors/actress to learn.

• Like 2

Ugh. I am rewatching it because i couldnt replace it lmao. 

Anyway on ep3, YS fired that guy bc he had good skin and told him he has good skin , good sleep and energetic meaning he isnt working hard and isnt committed to his job ...... Fast forward to ep21 telling JJ she looked good bc she had good night sleep lmaooo:joy: i dare you to fire HER or YOU bc you werr energetic and singing while entering the office :joy:

• LOL 2

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love Is Sweet 半是蜜糖半是伤
17 hours ago, Alila N said:
  Hide contents

For Qiao Na though, they had that event where YS did his best to save her job, and then they had a talk about how YS cares for her as a great partner in business but not in life. So for her, there’s closure, and as modern people, she moved on.

For DL, well, apparently JJ didn’t get he was into her, so she treated him nicely without a thought, and even YS admitted he should have told her then it would save them a lot of problem. From DL’a perspective, because she didn’t say anything, and because JJ and YS don't seem to be that much solid (no engagement, they keep it down low), plus new love, only been 2 years, many relationships die at the 2 years mark, so can’t blame DL for being hung up on her. After 2 years, obsessing over her then realise he’s about to lose his chance, that’s why he got panic and does stupid stuff, I gave it a pass as he’s then being a modern person and move on (or at least trying to).

Maybe you're right he got panic that's why he did a stupid thing... but still JJ even had said to DL that her trust on YS is a lifetime, so it must be something to think about JJ-YS relationship for DL .. and in 2 years he didn't make some move to make JJ realize that he's attracted to her, then suddenly when he knew she would get married anytime soon...boom... he make this bad move. such a pity he wasted 2 years in "silence".. oh well..

anyway, I thought the plot line will match Du Lei with Qiao Na at the end... haha it'll be hilarious thing to watch, since both are having this powerful character.. i was wrong

still re-watch this drama, and i still skipped all 2nd couple scenes... ooopps.. i don't know when i will be able to watch the complete story in each episode because i'm still replaying all those sweet moments of our OTP *lol*

btw, curious about something :

* Episode 17 after YS woke up from his surgery... what the reason JJ is not there when he woke up? i thought she sleep over at the hospital and accompany YS while he's still sleeping, but then she left before he wakes up... 

* Episode 20 I just realized YS didn't say "I love you" on romantic snow scene, he only said "JJ, i don't want to wait any longer..." in fact JJ who said first "i love you"... am i wrong? at first i just captivated with the romantic scene and romantic move from YS and didn't pay attention to detail... now after re-watch the scene i just notice that.

* what happen with YS apartment 701? he's praticaly living at JJ's apartment 702.. so any idea? haha... 

37 minutes ago, juliaajumma said:

Maybe you're right he got panic that's why he did a stupid thing... but still JJ even had said to DL that her trust on YS is a lifetime, so it must be something to think about JJ-YS relationship for DL .. and in 2 years he didn't make some move to make JJ realize that he's attracted to her, then suddenly when he knew she would get married anytime soon...boom... he make this bad move. such a pity he wasted 2 years in "silence".. oh well..

anyway, I thought the plot line will match Du Lei with Qiao Na at the end... haha it'll be hilarious thing to watch, since both are having this powerful character.. i was wrong

still re-watch this drama, and i still skipped all 2nd couple scenes... ooopps.. i don't know when i will be able to watch the complete story in each episode because i'm still replaying all those sweet moments of our OTP *lol*

btw, curious about something :

* Episode 17 after YS woke up from his surgery... what the reason JJ is not there when he woke up? i thought she sleep over at the hospital and accompany YS while he's still sleeping, but then she left before he wakes up... 

* Episode 20 I just realized YS didn't say "I love you" on romantic snow scene, he only said "JJ, i don't want to wait any longer..." in fact JJ who said first "i love you"... am i wrong? at first i just captivated with the romantic scene and romantic move from YS and didn't pay attention to detail... now after re-watch the scene i just notice that.

* what happen with YS apartment 701? he's praticaly living at JJ's apartment 702.. so any idea? haha... 

* I think she went home to change cloths or bring supplies ( i guessed that) lol. She had been with him the whole dsy without changing or rest.

* He said he didnt want to wait any longer and she understood him bc she already read the letter. I am starting to guess she liked him in high school but wasnt aware of her true feelings. She was about to send a letter to another guy in high school , guess it was just a crush while with YS, she liked having him around ... Thats why she immediately said i love you + she was already starting to fall for him after starting to work together.

*In the novel, he opened a door between the two apartments making it one big apartment. I dont think they made it clear here. 

Whenever i rewatch i skip the second couples and DL, just like BaiLu said in the interview DL was losing from the start hahaha

• Like 2

Hi Ho Everyone!

I suppose we are still suffering from Love is Sweet hangover. 

I really enjoyed the drama and the BTS.

I have rarely seen any leads so comfortable with each other and they can be really great friends (romance aside)

I am looking forward to seeing these two reunite in another drama (and both of them are open to it so now it's time for a good script to come along)

I think the epilogue does show that JJ already had feelings for YS and YS being the boy he was kept on 'bullying' her for her own good (to build character so she wouldn't cry so easily) How could JJ know that he really had a crush on her with that behaviour? *tsk* *tsK* 

I was traumatised by DL's behaviour from when he helped YS to episode 33-34. Then I realised his endgame had always been JJ. He helped YS because of JJ, got in MH and stayed in MH for JJ. I am sure he felt he was being a good supportive friend/boyfriend/lover replacement as JJ would always need to see him (for business reasons) and maybe grow to admire and like him over YS.  Boy, was he wrong. 

Remember at the end when he mentioned that he could help JJ out of the whole conflict of interest with Shen Xin case, he wanted JJ to ask him for help. I applauded JJ when she mentioned that she would resign (which was not what DL expected) 

I read that post in MDL too and there is no point mentioning what could have been the actual plot/plan of the drama script. I read that the drama was significantly different from the novel (thank goodness) and somehow the whole thing went well together (plus we got Luo Yun Xi and Bai Lu) 

I guess it's time for a rewatch! 

UcuiWg.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Watching the fan meet and interviews again, it shows that Leo is more conscious what to say and what not to say, and he acted very well during the proposal role playing during the fan meet. I equate that to the fact that he is in the industry for a long time.

We all can see that they have very good chemistry and everything after LiS seemed uninteresing to us... Leo's modern dramas are coming and we will see if his chemistry with other actresses are at par or better then LiS.

I ended watching Lucky's first Love (reading up the final 4 episodes!)... but of course, it doesnt have the same feel as LIS. Xing Zhao Lin'S expressions looks similar all the time, maybe ive watched his other dramas, Eternal love 1 and 2 and Fated to Love You... i think he need to loosen up a bit and not show similar expressions, though i think he has improved in FTLY (original and korean remakes were my favourites!)

Since he and Liang Jie can act in 4 dramas together, we hope for the same for Leo and Bailu??? :heart:

‐---

Another observation i made.. Bailu is careful not to trigger Leo's female fans by saying she doesnt mean anything  to indicate that she likes leo as a boyfriend; and

While Leo doesnt mind holding hands with her, Bailu seemed self conscious and does not initiate it on stage...

------

And the fact that Teacher Luo stopped Bailu from saying anything negative about DL's character - leaving it at, JJ just didnt like him, hence he has lost since the beginning of the drama in pursuing JJ - shows his consciousness as not to offend people in the industry?.. thats my take anyway...

• Like 1