[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love Is Sweet 半是蜜糖半是伤

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He doesn’t have any kissing scenes in Ashes of love, but he really shines in the emotional scenes.    I’m glad Bai Lu isn’t too self-conscious to look like she enjoys the kissing scenes, and to

BailLu has strong roles in general. I watched The Legends, Arsenal Military Academy and Luckys First Love and in all of the three she was excellent. Always trusted her partner and never let them down

I don't know about you guys but I love the fact that they aren't shy about sleeping with each other the first night of confession.     While other dramas wait and wait, and probably never get to it, t

1 hour ago, bluehibiscus said:

She just said she was going through something and filming the drama helped her to heal. She didn’t go into any details. Before that, she was in Song of Youth which wrapped in Aug. https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1f64y1F7J5?from=seopage

https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1hk4y117AJ?from=seopage

LYX is from Sichuan.

Ah... so not really a native cantonese speaker. Im just curious why ballet is a thing in china.. even Lin Yi is majoring in  ballroom dancing... 

And if Bai Lu and Leo Lu are dating, im sure fans will be estatic.. i havent seen her and Xu Kai's popular drama yet, but visual wise, Leo Looks more dashing:D (coz he is thinner?) - and im judging based their  LIS drama...

The main lead in Overlord is not that attractive? Hahaha... i dont know, first impression of it.

Man, at the rate of the chinese churning out dramas every year, we are seeing roughly (3months to complete x4 = 12 months)... so 3-4 dramas in year from the actors? Im not complaining, except there should be more modern dramas... hehe

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

I am boggled that we can be watching a drama in 2020 which was filmed last year or it could be years ago. Like Love is Sweet was filmed in 2019. 

It's is jarring when actors have dramas coming out back to back. E.g. Song Wei Long - Class of her own and Go Ahead. Now Bailu with Love is Sweet and Jiu Liu Overlord.

PS> Started watching JiuLiu Overload but I am not feeling it yet. Compared to Love is Sweet when my interest was perked from the very first episode. 

• Like 1

Its the main lead syndrome... he is not that attractive... hahahaa...sorry to his fans...

So im downloading the ost ... are the english songs are quite interesting... my favourites seemed to be

Things I Do For Love

Come Bk my Love

Miracle

Sometimes....

Love Is

• LOL 1
Spoiler

Gotta be a hypocrite to tell JJ not to take help from YS because he is in GE now while he (DL) used to follow her around while HE was on GE. At least YS helped her on a case that they arent rivals on. Unlike when DL was in GE in earlier episodes ... 

And that all because he waa jealous she took off the watch he gave her. Did he expect her to wear it everyday like he wore that necktie? Who tf wears the same necktie for two years ...... Really obsessed ... 

He also gave her tons of extra work just because he was jealous. RickRoll'D? I hope he is exposed soon for being unfair to his coworkers. 

Oh no. He does illegal work too? Oh RickRoll'D.

I feel like this ep and next two episodes will anger me for sure. Ugh.

Still a good drama tho.

Aaaaaah :love:

https://twitter.com/bailumy_/status/1320406150400012289?s=19

• Love 1

okay.. i think i need to get out from here for few days, because most of you say "OMG".. and i have to avoid spoiler and preview either..

i don't wanna know now, i need the last 6 episodes to be more surprise rather than to be predictable.... haha.. and of course it should be a happy ending!!

btw, i love their fan meeting... LYX is so sweet and sincere. he has a kind heart, and BL is cute such as a happy go lucky girl... so i was surprise when she said she had a hard time before this drama.. *love them to bits*:wub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs_DffmAemU&t=9s

cr. to the owner

• LOL 1

Ep 30 would have been a good ending but I like how they develop what happens AFTER a couple gets together. 

We get to see how

Spoiler

XuLi and Xiao Chuan are married (!) and trying for a baby.

Our bickering couple is still going strong and it is obvious that JJ is the queen in the house. Haha. 

We see them at work and how they separate their work life from private life (and each person's attempts at spying (work related) on the other person)

I love how they still say 'I love you' before going to bed at night. It's like 'don't go to bed angry with each other' 

And really love love how YS told JJ that they can take their time to start a family (after that pregnancy scare) but you can see how ready YS was to start a family with her. 

I can see where the next two episodes are going and I wish Du Lei will take a note out of his sister's book about how selfish love can burden the other person. 

And being able to see her every time he looks out his office window is probably not helping him with his obsession. 

PS. Why is it that JJ doesn't have an office even though she is a VP (I assume similar in rank with Qiao Na.) or is it because DL wants to put her where he can see her. *shudders* 

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/2397/evq75v.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 10/25/2020 at 4:12 PM, realistic2280a said:

Ah... so not really a native cantonese speaker. Im just curious why ballet is a thing in china.. even Lin Yi is majoring in  ballroom dancing... 

And if Bai Lu and Leo Lu are dating, im sure fans will be estatic.. i havent seen her and Xu Kai's popular drama yet, but visual wise, Leo Looks more dashing:D (coz he is thinner?) - and im judging based their  LIS drama...

The main lead in Overlord is not that attractive? Hahaha... i dont know, first impression of it.

Man, at the rate of the chinese churning out dramas every year, we are seeing roughly (3months to complete x4 = 12 months)... so 3-4 dramas in year from the actors? Im not complaining, except there should be more modern dramas... hehe

China has always been strong in the area of dancing and even in my country where becoming an artiste is not a popular career path, many children attend ballet lessons so it is not that surprising ballet is a thing over there. It seems to be quite common for parents in China and Korea to send their children for training in performing arts like opera, dancing or music from a young age. I guess if one has his eye on going into the entertainment industry in future, it is good to have such training as a foundation.

The length of the shooting period depends on the number of episodes and sets involved. Contemporary dramas will generally take less time to shoot. Period dramas like Royal Nirvana took 216 days. The industry is supposedly having winter right now (fewer jobs). The authorities are also limiting period dramas with various policies and encouraging contemporary dramas with messages they deem to be appropriate. 

Bai Lu and Xu Kai had very good chemistry in The Legends. In my opinion, LYX is too thin in real life although on screen, this is not a disadvantage since artistes often have to wear many layers of clothing and do extensive wire work for period dramas and one appears fatter on screen than in real life. Xu Kai looks more manly because of his stature. Xu Kai was thinner when he debuted but I prefer his current look.

I was not impressed by the ML of Jiu Liu Overlord in his other roles but will have to see how he fares in the drama. If I’m not wrong, this is his first leading role in a period drama.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Uptil Episode 25.

I agree I skipped a Lot of it, I needed to FF to drama part, I for one find that portion more testing for the couple in terms of trust in dramas.

I like how JJ/YS are one of the couples who communicate properly now. That makes it a pleasant healthier relationship dynamics. So many couples, don't Communicate leading to all mess, these 2 do, I love that.

DL and YS are working to chase CH guy, before DL went down the drain , YS and DL have like amazing tactic understanding for someone who dislike each other. I loved how YS Basically showed DL that no matter what he will always be the BOSS!!Waiting for the wrap-up now. 

Beyonce Knowles GIF

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love Is Sweet 半是蜜糖半是伤