[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love Is Sweet 半是蜜糖半是伤

sugarplum892

It reached 1mil views already :joy:

:7555_attack:

Oh and i love that jacket. He also wore it on ep8 when she gave him that heart from her pocket. His hair style was perfect too.:love:

This fan video reached 4M views haha

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

https://m.weibo.cn/1300171373/4567174671242933

Bai Lu recorded a Vlog with luo yun xi during the fan meet! So sweet! 

First part: Bai Lu introduced her special guest Yuan Shuai and Luo Yun Xi said he self invited himself. Their interaction here is really friendly and you can see that Bai Lu is very comfy doing goofy stuff in front of Luo Yun Xi. 

2nd part: Practising for the song

3rd part: Bai Lu bidding goodbye to LYX like a fan girl waiting to see her idol:byebye2:

• Like 3

On 11/4/2020 at 3:26 PM, Sannie said:

Thanks for sharing. Missing the couple so much..... trying to find a replacement for the void. What are you all watching now?

Professional Single , Perfect and casual and begin again. When I am free I just watch an episode of a drama from those three.

Not like how I was for LIS. I used to rewatch every week's episodes and notice eevrything but for other dramas? They dont even come close to YS-JJ's chemistry .... They really set the bar high for me. :vicx:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!

Oh my goodness, I am still at episode 30 and now it’s VIP only on iQiYi!  Seriously?  I wish they offered a monthly sub option because I can’t pay $70 just to finish this series.  I usually don’t like iQiYi’s selection as much so subscribed to other things.  Gah.  LIS is so great and I wish I could finish, but I guess I’ll have to read recaps instead...

1 hour ago, Slyphykougn said:

Oh my goodness, I am still at episode 30 and now it’s VIP only on iQiYi!  Seriously?  I wish they offered a monthly sub option because I can’t pay $70 just to finish this series.  I usually don’t like iQiYi’s selection as much so subscribed to other things.  Gah.  LIS is so great and I wish I could finish, but I guess I’ll have to read recaps instead...

Its not VIP for me. Update your app or refresh the page.

One look at him and I miss him next to JJ :tears:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Slyphykougn said:

If u wanna watch u can check out dramacool or kissasian 

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip, @Itsmylifeboss!  Hoping it works, because there are definitely some eps (21!) that i need to rewatch.  I love hearing their playful banter and seeing how much they enjoy being together on screen!

I double checked iQiYi and even deleted and redownloaded, but it’s still showing as VIP required for eps 2-36 (which suddenly changed yesterday!) and the only options for signing up at $70/yr.  But then I tried @bluehibiscus’s link above and it gives me the monthly subscription option!  Win :). Thanks for helping me get my drama fix everyone!!  It was too  brutal to stop in the middle.

Made it to Episode 31 and the 2 yr jump!  Xu Li and Jiang Jun are rockin’ their new, more mature hairstyles!  Love Jun Jun’s new professional look...until she turns around and I’m like...???...why is your belt on backwards :P

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 2

I’m kinda on a different boat to everyone, I love LIS, and rewatched it a lot while it was airing but it’s now being put aside and I’m watching Jiu Liu Overlord lol. And yes, mainly FF to Bailu’s scenes :P I think part of me don’t want to rewatch too much LIS or I’ll get hung up on it hard lawl!

I tried not to think of Bailu and Leo’s chemistry or I won’t be able to watch any drama lol! I think Bailu and Leon’s chemistry ain’t bad, is it amazing level like Bailu and Leo? Definitely not, but it’s passable for the series xD Leon doesn’t have the look, but Bailu managed to sell the relationship lol. The series does manage to pull on my heartstrings a few times so it’s good enough xD

I’m also watching the legend of xiao cho(?), but I’m not sure if it counts if I FF everyone but the second male lead lol! I love him from white hair princess(?). Trying to watch love and redemption but it feels too slow and long for me. The plot isn’t new either, and for some reason I don’t buy the chemistry between the leads >_< kinda stop at 11 and haven’t looked back >_<

On 10/31/2020 at 6:14 PM, juliaajumma said:

* Episode 20 I just realized YS didn't say "I love you" on romantic snow scene, he only said "JJ, i don't want to wait any longer..." in fact JJ who said first "i love you"... am i wrong? at first i just captivated with the romantic scene and romantic move from YS and didn't pay attention to detail... now after re-watch the scene i just notice that.

I think it’s back to his characters, as much as he’s quite sure himself, he has always unable to say it out loud the words: I love you, or I like you. Hence the letter. Also it’s the start of a relationship, saying straight out I love you might make the girl run (remember he didn’t know she has read the letter), he also doesn’t know for sure she feels the same. And that’s why JJ was the one who says I love you, in a way, she understands him, and assure him she feels the same way. And that’s why it was so emotional, it was a confirmation that his feelings are being returned. 

• Like 1

Sigh... why am i bk.on this thread.... Begin Again wasnt as interesting as i hoped... i mean, the guy had a crush on her for a long time and during their wedding night, he didnt even bother to do anything with her? Or even the next day.. then got jealous of her ^uncle^... ish...gaps gaps gaps...

Which brings me to this site again...

Another observation, LYX told audience not to criticise BL's singing during the fan meet... thats just so nice of him...

I miss the couple! LYX needs to make more modern dramas!

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats to Bailu and Luo Yunxi for winning Iqiyi's Popular Actors of 2020  award for their drama Love Is Sweet :heart::fullofhearts:

And i was just rewatching the drama and currently at ep35... and yes, im not sure why the massive downgrade of the ratings in mydramalist...  Mean people... hehe

• Like 2

IKR, why it's rated @7. something, in douban too, when it should be higher.    Actuall I saw the last 6 episodes very late after it aired.  I thought they had a happy ending by ep.30 itself everything solved.  I felt the last 6 episodes kinda dragging.  But they had a closure for the love triangle and the second leads and all ended well.    One of the best modern day love story in recent times and the leads chemistry was awesome.  I enjoyed thoroughly all along fully when the drama aired.  

On 12/7/2020 at 9:38 AM, pad-hari said:

IKR, why it's rated @7. something, in douban too, when it should be higher.    Actuall I saw the last 6 episodes very late after it aired.  I thought they had a happy ending by ep.30 itself everything solved.  I felt the last 6 episodes kinda dragging.  But they had a closure for the love triangle and the second leads and all ended well.    One of the best modern day love story in recent times and the leads chemistry was awesome.  I enjoyed thoroughly all along fully when the drama aired.  

It did drag a bit, but somehow im more happy to see the extra episodes, to see the proposal... though i would have hope that Yuan shuai would have proposed earlier than before his cousin and lili's wedding...

The extra episodes in LIS is better than in Begin Again, coz i find it unrealistic that they beat around the bush about their feelings after the reunion, and then bam, ep34, he confessed and everyrhing is bk to normal. The sudden transformation of the baddie Gor is almost like LIS's Du Lei, though we didnt think DL would still pursue JJ knowing she is with YS in the past two years. 

But yeah, just finish Begin Again...  and hoping for new interesting dramas to watch .. hehe

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes i read... and saw on twitter...

Great to see them together again.. the chemistry was best between...u can see that Bailu trusts YUNxi so much, hence the amazing skinships that they have... so natural...

and BaiLu deserved someone who could do skinships with her!!!! :lol::lol::heart:

Any news on wen-chai? :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 2