[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love Is Sweet 半是蜜糖半是伤

sugarplum892

He also wrote:

" From campus to workplace reunion, from rejoicing to friends to acquaintance with each other, from ten years of secret love to you, the story of Honey brings too much joy and sweetness, warmth and touching. I am grateful to all the friends who have completed the story of Honey. Every day during the filming of the crew, laughter and laughter are indispensable on the set. This period of "life" by Yuan Shuai has brought me a lot of happy energy and can bring these happiness and sweetness to me. The audience, it is Yuan Shuai’s luck and my luck[Be careful for you]

Thanks to every audience friend who has been with Honey, I think many people will probably envy Yuan Shuai and Jiang Jun’s love. Their firmness, cherishment and respect for each other make people see the beauty of love, and I believe they will bring With the envy and blessings of everyone, I will always be happy, sweet and happy.[heart]

I also wish all my friends can believe in love, meet love, and meet the "honey" that belongs to you #半是蜜糖半是伤大结局#"

He seems to love the story very much. I hope he finds his own love. Same for BaiLu. I am glad they showed us such fun drama during hard reality times (pandemic era lol).my inner selish ys-jj lover wish they date forreal oneday and fans accept them bc they shine bright together. If not, i hope they find happiness and love with anyone else.

I am grateful they gave us laughs during last few weeks. I am so emotional right now :tears: i am gonna have post-series depression. But thanks for the iqiyi app, its easy to replay and rewatch all my favourite episodes again and again ..

• Like 1
  • Love 2

:) not a disappointing moments in these last 6eps! I love every bit of their interactions, very realistic and is with the current mindset of young people. I’m happy I found this drama and get to enjoy it all with you guys.

last and not least, LYX and BL looks so happy in the registered wedding photo! It’s almost like it’s real for them xD (I know I know :p just saying, i don’t think I see such genuine happiness in wedding photos in drama as well as these xD). Here to wish both leads all the luck in the world :) (also that’s one gorgeous ring xD) 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

What a sweet drama... Consistent make me smile and cry from the first until the last ep, really enjoy it a lot. Btw i just realized about their names, after Du Lei mentioned them, their names sounds like Jiang Jun (General), Yuan Shuai (Marshall) lol.

• Like 3

I know the drama has ended but I am still Iqiyi free reviewer, so watching episode per episode Lol.

EP 26:

Du Lei went from a slightly sensible second lead to Stereotypical Jealous Second Male C drama Lead who does Questionable stuff just to make the heroine fall for Him. Why (Lol feels like I had the same complaint when LYX character had a roundabout in AOL ), do they Lack Eyes or Brain? You claim you supposedly Love the heroine but For you only your happiness matters not the Heroine's ??(He literally bartered with Lin TAIMO that give me JJ and do whatever the heck with YS, I can be your permanent surveillance camera, talk about selling the soul to Devil), In any Normal world even if JJ liked him like a plausible love interest , after knowing what he said or did How can there be a lil bit of respect Left???

C drama Second Lead Troupes are mostly with

1. Ruined Traumatic Childhood

2. Victimize themselves and play innocent

3. Expect the Heroine to fall for their Jazz , when they have NONE.

4. When heroine doesn't give 2 hoots about them, they turn all crybabies and declare love in form of abuse.

Can they not have a proper Idea of Abusive love v/s healthy Love??? Aishhh I am MAD.

K drama makes you fall in love with Second Leads, C drama makes you loathe them.

Bonus Point for this Show: YS is a man to not take any kind of abuse against Him or JJ. I love that attitude of His!!! DL deserved his crappy treatment from him. I stan.

40 minutes ago, madmad min said:

I know the drama has ended but I am still Iqiyi free reviewer, so watching episode per episode Lol.

EP 26:

Du Lei went from a slightly sensible second lead to Stereotypical Jealous Second Male C drama Lead who does Questionable stuff just to make the heroine fall for Him. Why (Lol feels like I had the same complaint when LYX character had a roundabout in AOL ), do they Lack Eyes or Brain? You claim you supposedly Love the heroine but For you only your happiness matters not the Heroine's ??(He literally bartered with Lin TAIMO that give me JJ and do whatever the heck with YS, I can be your permanent surveillance camera, talk about selling the soul to Devil), In any Normal world even if JJ liked him like a plausible love interest , after knowing what he said or did How can there be a lil bit of respect Left???

C drama Second Lead Troupes are mostly with

1. Ruined Traumatic Childhood

2. Victimize themselves and play innocent

3. Expect the Heroine to fall for their Jazz , when they have NONE.

4. When heroine doesn't give 2 hoots about them, they turn all crybabies and declare love in form of abuse.

Can they not have a proper Idea of Abusive love v/s healthy Love??? Aishhh I am MAD.

K drama makes you fall in love with Second Leads, C drama makes you loathe them.

Bonus Point for this Show: YS is a man to not take any kind of abuse against Him or JJ. I love that attitude of His!!! DL deserved his crappy treatment from him. I stan.

Oh i totally agree with underlined words. Sometimes even in cdrama they have sweet second leads but they are clingy so i end up disliking them too. Lol.

I wish Asian dramas would stop with love triangles. Some girls cant even get ONE man yet asian dramas get the girl TWO men fighting for her lmao.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Zay❤️ said:

Oh i totally agree with underlined words. Sometimes even in cdrama they have sweet second leads but they are clingy so i end up disliking them too. Lol.

I wish Asian dramas would stop with love triangles. Some girls cant even get ONE man yet asian dramas get the girl TWO men fighting for her lmao.

I have only found the second lead good in My True Friend but then again when he was clingy he was the first lead at the moment.Anyway.

I get JJ is a woman any man would Lucky to have but can he not like be a douchebag, this Sentance Itself made me Crawl Over with Creepiness, Lord Knows by the time I reach episode 34 what will I do.

I too wish Asian Dramas Stop with Love triangles or atleast Make both the ends at equal Leverage taking out the Creepy Vamp/Villain Loathful parts.This just makes the Hero Allmightly and completely Ruins the dynamics that a second Lead could generate.

I was more disappointed here because I did feel a bit of pain for DL when he was not able to get through to JJ but Man You do not come back such Crude Words.RESPECT OVER LOVE anyday.

Sorry for Ranting Lol.

This is by far my favorite Chinese drama! I absolutely LOVED it! The acting was perfect and the leading couple had such incredible chemistry that I became a fan of both actors! I will be looking forward to their future dramas. Bai Lu is in "Jiu Liu Overlord" but the leading actor there is NOT at the level of Luo Yun Xi. I remember in 2013-2014, the Korean drama "You Who came From The Stars" was such a success in China and the minister of culture said at the time that he couldn't see why the Chinese would not be able to make a drama like that. For me, finally, this was it! This drama was the one that captivated my attention completely. I was waiting anxiously for each episode and enjoyed very minute of it and I will be re-watching it! I also fell in love with the dog. For the Mandarin speakers out there, what is the name of the dog? I see the translation as being Wealth, but when I googled that, another word, sound came up. Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Have watched through Ep. 7:

Had to put this drama on hold, and am now back to watching it again.  I like the main leads and their interactions. The secondary couple I am losing interest in as the best friend/convience store worker is now getting on my nerves with her immature behaviors. I know she's supposed to be cute, but I'm not buying it. Instead I'm finding the secondary couple rather boring and the friend character irritating.  and I'm disappointed because I like when dramas have multiple lovelines so I was looking forward to that here in this drama. 

Du Lei character- is Linda his bio sister or are they just step siblings? That scene in his apartment made it clear she's got feelings for him, but I wasn't sure what the relationship really was. If they are blood related, I'm quite shocked to see that type of scene in a Chinese drama. Looking forward to seeing more of Bai Lu and Leo Luo.

5 hours ago, hell59 said:

I also fell in love with the dog. For the Mandarin speakers out there, what is the name of the dog? I see the translation as being Wealth, but when I googled that, another word, sound came up. Thank you!

The literal translation for Wang Cai is "prospering wealth". "wang" means prospering "cai" means wealth. It is very consistent with their investment banking character, haha! 

Love this show too and having withdrawal symptoms now. It had me hooked from epi1 to 36. Such a perfect ending and I especially loved the portrayal of matured love between both leads. It was refreshing to watch indeed! 

• Like 1

Hehe... i just love Wang Cai the dog!... i mean he (? Or is it a she) is soooo cute and docile, and i think it likes Yuan Shuai as well.... from the bts, it looks as if it would approach YUan Shuai automatically without being prompt to.

Ah. The ending... happy to see the wedding photo* and man, LEo is sooo skinny!.... i would have wished they hold hands during the wedding photo session... im curious, why the resident certificate is necessary for chinese wedding? Hmmm...

The proposal could have been better without everyone there, i feel... more romantic? Then Du Lei's sis also came, like why? Sigh...

I noticed that after the happy kisses on ep 20 and 21, we barely see any more kisses between the two leads afterthat, i wish it was more... perverted that i am... hahha..

Happy to see Lulu and Leo do plan to do another drama, i hope the storyline will be as nice as well, without much frustruations.  

Anyone can give the bts of the last few episodes and also the sub interview of during their fan meet?... im sure both are happy to see each other since filming ended in March was it?

I just realized almost all supporting cast sing the ost like Kido Gao, Riley Wang, Ariel An, the ost is very beautiful, all of them really represents the story. Love love love!

3 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

The proposal could have been better without everyone there, i feel... more romantic? Then Du Lei's sis also came, like why? Sigh...

Yeah i agree with you in this, they were supposed to help YS, no need to come along... Wang Chai is enough lol.

What hillarious thing is even YS said to Xu Li that she has to take care Li Xiao Chuan as well, wth they already have their 1st anniversary bro!

Indeed... Wang Chai is enough for the proposal scence:D

On 10/26/2020 at 12:36 PM, bluehibiscus said:

China has always been strong in the area of dancing and even in my country where becoming an artiste is not a popular career path, many children attend ballet lessons so it is not that surprising ballet is a thing over there. It seems to be quite common for parents in China and Korea to send their children for training in performing arts like opera, dancing or music from a young age. I guess if one has his eye on going into the entertainment industry in future, it is good to have such training as a foundation.

. In my opinion, LYX is too thin in real life although on screen, this is not a disadvantage since artistes often have to wear many layers of clothing and do extensive wire work for period dramas and one appears fatter on screen than in real life. 

I was not impressed by the ML of Jiu Liu Overlord in his other roles but will have to see how he fares in the drama. If I’m not wrong, this is his first leading role in a period drama.

Ah.. thanks for the info... the wires for period drama makes sense, hence thinner actors. Winter is a good time to shoot drama, eg LIS, a year ago right, when they started shooting, heee... and we saw Yuan Shuai dashing clothes... heeee

it's hilarious... i  just watch this part of the interview, so BL is more expert in kissing scene, and LYX is amateur haha... but he's a fast learner, because their kissing scenes are actually good (imo) 

BL you go girl!! thanks for sending LYX so many kissing scene video so he can learn from them haha...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZiR2TdjpT8

cr. to the owner

• LOL 1