[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love Is Sweet 半是蜜糖半是伤

sugarplum892

I am rewatching early episodes and i really cant tolerate DL's actions. The way he stalked her in earlier episodes was creepy. He even lied and said YS met him and thought he used her in that entertainment company case. He INDEED used her to defeat YS and once he knew he wouldnt even win against him, he gave up and resigned. YS didnt randomly accuse him of using her. I know he has a sad past but really the way he approached her wasn't cute. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Minor annoyance, but when JJ goes to find Xiao Chuan in ep 28 she phoned Li Li, who then volunteers to go with JJ to see Xiao Chuan because ‘he’s not good at communicating with people’. In what way does Xiao Chuan need Li Li to help him communicate with the other people? He doesn’t have social difficulties, he just likes computers and is focussed on his start up business. It just seems like another way for her to claim a connection with him, which is my main problem, the way she sees all her lame interactions with him as special when it’s all in her head. 

Rant over, haha 

Edit: I just watched ep 4 again and she likes him already! She smiles at the hot water flask he gave her. I really want a flashback to show her liking him when they were kids, I think that would change the whole dynamic. There’s a flashback scene that suggests it  when she finds puppy Wang Cai, I think. She hurts herself and YS is bandaging her hands, then she smiles because he’s looking after her. But it’s subtle. There’s also that bit when YS asks her in front of Xiao Chuan when she started liking him and she says ‘recently’ but it looks like she’s lying.

Also, the mask product placement is annoying. 

• Like 2

ep.29 and ep.30 preview with eng sub.

YS and JJ are so cute.  :kiss_wink:

Spoiler

cr:as tagged

@mods i dont know how to just post the link, it also plays the video.  thanks.

What a roller coaster of  episodes last nite!!!!! wow!!!! cannot believe LT was such a cruel hearted person.  Since he did not appear on the screen after ep.1 i thought LT was  a cameo.  But!!! what????? he is the murderer of JJ's dad.  wow!!! what a turn of events!!!! 

Wow!!!! How smart was YS to predict the next step of events and how JJ will also think.  But she out-smarted everyone!!!!!  she is proving that she is an independent lady who can survive any kinda situation.  These type of characters sometimes also prove to be an eye-opener and influence to some young minds who watch this drama.  wow!!! very well written and well acted by BL.  i love her so much.  So far in all the dramas she has acted she has got all strong willed ones.  

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

On 10/18/2020 at 2:01 PM, realistic2280a said:

Hmm... u know, one grevience if i call it as such, is the way they communicated the day after they slept together... they didnt talk, just cooking and going to office the next day.... i wish there was more heart to heart talk after that?... coz there was much misunderstanding between them, so its great of they could talk...

Cant wait for the next episode!

Spoiler

They have a lot of heart to heart talk before the bed scene? Also I don’t think there is any misunderstanding that hasn’t been resolving. How he got other to bully her so she can get stronger: she knew it, she understands that, but she doesn’t like that. That’s why she told him: he doesn’t need to treat her like she’s a little weak girl, and should try to get to know the her now. How he didn’t catch her when he promised he did? So what if he told her that he only said it because back then he feared she would cry. At that time, if he tells her, she would still just going to be half believing in him. YS is a person believe in doing it rather than saying it, and I think JJ can understand and feel it. That’s why she falls in love with him. She can feel everything he did was caring for her. And the love letter cemented everything, and took away all the doubts, when she read the letter, she knew everything was for her. It also explained more about the taking away of her speech (which they did talk to each other about).

all in all, these “misunderstood” memories will be something that they will recall to joke with each other: you always bully me >_> no, I’m doing it for your good >_<“ you said you would catch me! I did but you are too heavy >_> (at least that’s what me n my husband tend to do :joy:). Plus wouldn’t these explanations make its long winded for the audiences lol?

i just want more new lovey dovey scene lol. Also cooking together peaceful is romantic because I swear me n my husband fights in the kitchen :sweatingbullets: 

15 hours ago, pad-hari said:

YS and JJ are so cute.  :kiss_wink:

cr:as tagged

@mods i dont know how to just post the link, it also plays the video.  thanks.

What a roller coaster of  episodes last nite!!!!! wow!!!! cannot believe LT was such a cruel hearted person.  Since he did not appear on the screen after ep.1 i thought LT was  a cameo.  But!!! what????? he is the murderer of JJ's dad.  wow!!! what a turn of events!!!! 

Wow!!!! How smart was YS to predict the next step of events and how JJ will also think.  But she out-smarted everyone!!!!!  she is proving that she is an independent lady who can survive any kinda situation.  These type of characters sometimes also prove to be an eye-opener and influence to some young minds who watch this drama.  wow!!! very well written and well acted by BL.  i love her so much.  So far in all the dramas she has acted she has got all strong willed ones.  

thanks for the reviews! So hard to find them on YouTube lol! I love how she kicked his suitcase :joy: that’s my girl :wub: that’s also why I love bailu, something as trivial as that kick make it so natural and believable :joy: she’s all cool and calm but that kick is like I’m super angry yo :wub: though the whole thing resolving pretty quick, which is fine but we are only on 30. There’s still 6 more, no? I thought they will be separated for a while? Also love YS’s honey.... open the door xD

19 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

Also, the mask product placement is annoying. 

Totally agree lol

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2

The mask replacement always reminds me to put on my mask lmaoo (ofc not that brand haha):joy:

I dont think she used to like him (or maybe wasnt totatlly aware of her feelings) when she was younger. She was nervous and about to confess to another guy. 

I think after they met again she fell for him bc he was always so close to her and she never rejected that. (When she had her period, when he cooked for her after winning that case, watching the movie .. etc)

Spoiler

Also, in ep6 when she was reading for him that book. I never paid close attention to his reaction bc it is rare to make sexual things in cdramas, but he really looking south after she left and covered his lap lmaooooooo 

It'd be hilarious if she kicked him out bc her mom is coming and she will be mad if she knew they already live together?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

23 hours ago, Zay❤️ said:

BailLu has strong roles in general. I watched The Legends, Arsenal Military Academy and Luckys First Love and in all of the three she was excellent. Always trusted her partner and never let them down or act like damsel in distress waiting to be saved ... She is cute yet strong when she needs to. She is also beautiful and i think she has unique face among her peers tbh (this is my opinion).. she can pull off the cute face, the elegant look and can act like a boy (in AMA) ... She is flawless. I hope she will have a great career, she deserves that.

I shall watch her dramas to tide me over after this drama ends (+ rewatching n times). 

I'm already feeling very sad about next week.:criesariver:

5 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

When people say they saw the preview i was wondering where they watched the previews. Thanks for the links. Haha.  

Another week of waiting before the final ending.. *

iQiyi international App has the English subs from where I am (Malaysia) :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Thanks for all those preview... so their break-up is because YS think it’s a “good reason” to protect JJ ?
I think that’s not an excuse to break-up a relationship eventhou’ for a good reason. JJ has a right to know what’s going on, if it’s a bad thing at least they will have each other’s back and get through it..

it seems by lying and break-up YS didn’t trust her that much.. ooh well maybe my judgement is wrong just by only watching the preview ;)

anyway i hope JJ won’t take him back easily if he wants a make-up.. (kick him out from her apartment it’s only beginning)... please make YS sweat and beg.. it will be much fun to watch :lol: ( do i sound so evil? :naughty:) haha..

• Like 1

YS just wanted to protect her... there was an attempt on her life already, so he didnt want to take any chances? 

Its a lame excuse seeing JJ is such a strong woman.. but its drama.right...hahhaa

The OST does grow on you right... haha... anyone know who sang the song?.... 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, pad-hari said:

YS and JJ are so cute. 

ooowwww.. it's good to know that she's not as "weak" as YS think!! it means he doesn't know her that much.. why he always think JJ can't handle any bad things just because she's allergic with tears?

3 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

YS just wanted to protect her... there was an attempt on her life already, so he didnt want to take any chances? 

Its a lame excuse seeing JJ is such a strong woman.. but its drama.right...hahhaa

haha.. you knock me out by saying "ït's drama", what can i say, i suck with their lovey-dovey thingy (such a couple goal) then here we come the unnecessary break up... *sigh* 

oooh.. when i saw the preview YS guess the code number of her apartment... i just want to shout out "dude, try the date you broke up with her!!" .. haha i think i'm holding a grudge on him because of that silly break up :mrgreen:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2

2 hours ago, juliaajumma said:

Thanks for all those preview... so their break-up is because YS think it’s a “good reason” to protect JJ ?
I think that’s not an excuse to break-up a relationship eventhou’ for a good reason. JJ has a right to know what’s going on, if it’s a bad thing at least they will have each other’s back and get through it..

it seems by lying and break-up YS didn’t trust her that much.. ooh well maybe my judgement is wrong just by only watching the preview ;)

anyway i hope JJ won’t take him back easily if he wants a make-up.. (kick him out from her apartment it’s only beginning)... please make YS sweat and beg.. it will be much fun to watch :lol: ( do i sound so evil? :naughty:) haha..

Actually, all the points you make are exactly what JJ makes YS apologise for before she takes him back.

I feel like where LiS is so successful is in giving us a modern mature FL. One who is proactive and intelligent. We see her fight with the ML, but not over minor things. I like how she trusts him 100%, and that her getting angry with him in these later episodes is about how he should trust her back. And the show treats it well, she loves him so she doesn’t overreact, she just waits for YS to get it. It’s very mature. Very often MLs don’t apologise and FLs just stupidly misunderstand things. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

Actually, all the points you make are exactly what JJ makes YS apologise for before she takes him back.

I feel like where LiS is so successful is in giving us a modern mature FL. One who is proactive and intelligent. We see her fight with the ML, but not over minor things. I like how she trusts him 100%, and that her getting angry with him in these later episodes is about how he should trust her back. And the show treats it well, she loves him so she doesn’t overreact, she just waits for YS to get it. It’s very mature. Very often MLs don’t apologise and FLs just stupidly misunderstand things. 

Yes, i'm with you... and i'm glad there's no annoyed things happened in this drama (except the plot line for 2nd lead couple, but that's still okay, i can skip their parts hahaha..)

12 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

@realistic2280a

is this song you refer to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxwK2audEL0

there are so many songs that i love on this drama.. and surprisingly most of the songs are in english

• Thanks 1

Anybody has read the novel fully?  with yesterdays episode itself, everything is solved and they also seem to be happy and it should be a great happy ending.  what are the rest of the 6 episodes for?  Is she going to start over her dad's business and YS gonna help her.  Hope they dont drag the plot.  Everything was perfect so far.  

And there was no preview for the upcoming episodes on iqiyi.  Are they gonna give us some surprise?

3 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Anybody has read the novel fully?  with yesterdays episode itself, everything is solved and they also seem to be happy and it should be a great happy ending.  what are the rest of the 6 episodes for?  Is she going to start over her dad's business and YS gonna help her.  Hope they dont drag the plot.  Everything was perfect so far.  

And there was no preview for the upcoming episodes on iqiyi.  Are they gonna give us some surprise?

I read it but its not completely translated. If you keep on clicking next chapter, you will read till chapter 18

https://www.illanovels.com/p/love-is-sweet.html?m=1

I tried to read the rest of chapters by my Chrome lol. It was messy but i got the general idea anyway. I think i saw someone on twitter saying YS will work for GE and she stays in MH. He jokes to her saying "you sleep with me in bed at night and fight with me as rival in the afternoon" lmao

In the novel, she works for MH and he works for GE. 

When they were young, he had always loved her, she had a crush on another guy. I think she follows that guy to his uni abroad or something like that.

Their had different family backgrounds in the novel. They were in the military and their names (YS and JJ) is related to that too btw.

They met again after finishing studies. YS had the apartment and allowed her to live with him, she passed the interview and worked for MH.

The guy she had a crush on, comes back in her life as an intern in MH.

DL was her boss and had loved her, even kissed her. He was divorced and Linda was his mistress.

Jonah worked for GE (iirc) with YS and had a thing with him. QiaoNa was introduced as YS's girlfriend but she was the ex girlfriend of JJ's crush. She dumped him to be with YS ......

I dont remember if Jonah is the eng name for QiaoNa. Anyway both were linked to YS.

YS wasn't the virgin who had always waited for his crush for years lol.

-imo, the drama is more fun. More romantic if they followed the same novel, it wouldn't be as good as the drama rn.

Heres the novel in Chinese, try using the translator, if you want.

https://www.txtjr.com/novel/16596/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @Zay❤️ for heads-up:love:.  So the man who she had crush with, will show up????

2 hours ago, Zay❤️ said:

Heres the novel in Chinese, try using the translator, if you want.

https://www.txtjr.com/novel/16596/

BTW, thank you for this link.  I am not even trying 1% to read using google translate.  I did for one of the novel and literally pulling my hair out,  sometimes its senseless translation got my eyes and brains popped out in stress.   will rather wait for the episodes to come.:tounge_wink:

4 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Yes there's preview on iqiyi

epi 31 preview: https://www.iqiyi.com/v_9xq7137n44.html?vfrm=pcw_home&vfrmblk=B&vfrmrst=fcs_0_p13#curid=1091446906847400_5c649b8f2b535fd5c3969ab56678ac61

Spoiler

Looks like JJ is now a VP at MH. Both JJ and YS (who is with GE) are trying to win a particular client. During the call in the car, JJ told YS that he's good, in bed with her at night and compete with her in the day, and did not disclose any information all that time. And he said he was just being professional. But he gave her a big hint that the ceo of the company they are trying to get in touch with is her alumni and they should have school reunions/meets. 

epi 32 preview: https://www.iqiyi.com/v_1v9kcwmi0f4.html?vfrm=pcw_home&vfrmblk=B&vfrmrst=fcs_0_p13#curid=6808482903396300_15e2d3ac1c6f6ad4af992012a4ca0476

Spoiler

YS misunderstood that JJ is pregnant. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, juliaajumma said:

@realistic2280a

is this song you refer to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxwK2audEL0

there are so many songs that i love on this drama.. and surprisingly most of the songs are in english

Maybe not this specific ones but i saw the list of the OSt in the link and will work fron there... thanks very much...

I saw on twitter of Leon meeting hisfans and the fans keep saying he is handsome, and Leo cant seemed to say anything back ... just smile... not surei f he is shy or what.. from his clothing, he was in the middle of fiming Love is Sweet...

I read that he is actually a ballet dancer, which is surprising ... but im glad he has gain more fans after AoL and now LIS... i read that he has 25million weibo followers... has it increased since?

The time jump seemed interesting...in 2 years she became VP... thats fast consideting YS who is in the position as ED for a significant number of years...  i do wish they have a wedding scene and have a child, but do wonder what could they do in a season 2? 

• Like 1

I haven’t seen eps 25-30, but i saw this clip on ig

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGkvHmmq2IN/?igshid=14az8kkx68brm

Cr. to the owner

:dizzy: is it physical punishment? I guess this one a revenge from JJ because YS bullied her when they were still kids?

it seems a bit harsh.. eventhou YS said “lightly please”, but it looks like not that “light” 

So just one episode and JJ already forgive him? I thought they will be dragging it.. guess i was wrong :wacko: