Chinese title: 半是蜜糖半是伤 / Ban shi mi tang ban shi shang
English title: Love Is Sweet

Genre: Business, Romance

Director:  Yu Zhong Zhong

Episodes: 40

Broadcast Date: 9/27/2020

Cast:

Luo Yun Xi as Yuan Shuai (27)
Executive Director of MH. Cunning, decisive and efficient, he is at the top of the food chain in the investment industry.
Bai Lu as Jiang Jun (25)
Analyst of MH. She is meticulous, and has a high endurance for stress.
Xiao Yan as Xu Li (25)
A part-time employee at a convenience store. She is upright and likes standing up for justice. She does not have a mind for career and instead, prioritizes love. Jiang Jun's best friend.
Gao Han Yu as Du Lei
Executive Director of GD. He is restraint, patient and shrewd, and would resort to unscrupulous means to achieve his goals.
Wang Yi Lun as Li Xiaochuan (25)
An programmer and IT genius. A serious and hardworking person who dedicates his life to realizing his entrepreneurial dreams, and does not have interest for anything else.

Synopsis:

Jiang Jun is a girl who is addicted toward tears, and has a double degree in economics and psychology. She is unrestrained and idealistic due to her family's superior background. After graduation, she worked in a philanthropy organization where she pursues her dreams. However, her father's sudden accident leaves her in a dilemma. Eventually, she decides to work in a top investment company to fulfill her father's death wish. In MH, Jiang Jun meets her childhood playmate, Yuan Shuai. However, the current Yuan Shuai is no longer her gentle protector, but her rival. In MH, where the "culture of wolf instinct" is rampant, someone is plotting against Jiang Jun while someone sees her as an eyesore. However with her kind nature and attention to details, along with her high EQ and sense of judgment, Jiang Jun eventually attains success in both her career and love life.
(Source: DramaWiki) 

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Love Is Sweet 半是蜜糖半是伤 Novel Translations

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love Is Sweet 半是蜜糖半是伤
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love Is Sweet 半是蜜糖半是伤

I am waiting for VIP tag to be removed, anyone have idea does Iqiyi retain the VIP membership or ever makes it free.?

Episode 1-2 Review **Spoilers Ahead***

This show feels like a C drama version of Mills and Boon meets K drama Secretary Kim. This should have a happy ending.

Spoiler

Typical Tsundere with a Childhood Past with Heroine hiding his true feelings with a different mix of Heroine having a allergy wherein she can't cry. Second ML takes advantage of heroine because he has to take revenge from Main hero which is a C drama forte. I just hope the second lead does not take over First Lead's screen time. The FL's love rival wears OTT Red Lipstick and is uber rich, so yes nothing new.The settings and camerawork is good can be compared to K dramas but the BGM's are too loud and do not really give a Connection to feel.

For those who have seen Ashes of Love will feel as if Runyu reincarnated in Mortal World to find his true love, I mean Yuan Shuai is a cunning strategist and mind basically works like a chess player , The heroine JiangJun even calls him a Demon who she can recognize even if he turned to ashes. This image needs to leave I believe. Besides that this guy is too too free to stalk his lady love and otherwise lazy.JJ's best friend is funny I like her.

I loved the chemistry between these two , found the first kiss scene enactment really weird (again c drama forte for Romcoms), their Highschool interactions are good here YS shines the most.

Best scenes yet.

1. YS is flabbergasted as to why did a random lady threw vine on him in what is supposed to be a Elite Party.

2. JJ and YS 's interactions.

3. YS's concern in highschool where he holds JJ's face up not to cry.

4. YS surprised look when JJ unfriends him on We chat, I loved his expression there, he looked like an excited Kid.

**Actors Review**

I like LuoYunxi as an actor, so for me it was to see how good can he portray a character in a Modern Drama. Honestly speaking he did not blow my mind off as expected but did a Good Job. He has had the best chemistry with Bailu with all the leads he has worked with IMO.

He shines in the naughty and surprised comic parts. But he has to improve on Tsundere parts, this is the part where he falls flat or looks too similar to his other roles. His look and wardrobe suits him and I love him in that look.

First time seeing Bailu, she is pretty and is good overall, but I feel when she needed to make an impact where she was cursing YS on boat, she fell flat, the scene was not powerful enough. Decent acting but she does fall flat on a lot of areas. I hope as story progresses I can see the difference.

The concept is not new, and maybe I can do with less Investment talks, but I will continue with the show as it is overall a good watch , just hoping to get the english subs free somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Just watched up to ep 8 on WeTV, so far so good, the plot is quick, love Yun Xi in modern drama, he fits the cheeky and naughty role, so refreshing. His look also fresh and young. He and Bai Lu really fit together. The height gap is standard. Bai Lu is really beautiful, love her simple hair style, but elegant.

Although it is about financial drama, but it more focus on romance (thx God). I also like because the support role part not too many and not annoying ones.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Just finished ep 1 and I‘m so happy they have gone straight into the romantic tension. Love the accidental kiss, makes a difference from other c-dramas where you wait 20 episodes for a kiss. Both leads playing their parts well, and I hope second male lead develops real feelings and doesn’t just use her for revenge. Bring on the second male lead syndrome!

Going to wait a bit now before i watch ep2, I like to binge watch. 

• Like 3

Although I love their bickering interaction, I also like how they compared their business like a battlefield - I find it kinda of cute that the pronunciation of the ML's name is = to a Marshal (arranging and planning strategies of the army) and the FL's name is = to a General (leading the army). It is refreshing to see LYX in this role and I was so ready to see him in a modern romcom lol

• Like 4

I am now in zombie mode .. blame who? Blame love is sweet... hahahhahahahahahha

Last night release 8 episode in one shot... i watched till late night ... Yunxi is swoon my heart... i can't take it.. the way he talk, the way he smile, the way he look at Jiang Jun,  the way he got angry and the way he pretend that he is sick ... awwwwww......... gosh.. help me! 

Looks like i need to add him in my fish tank very soon! wakakakakakakkakaka

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

@BreezeC Oh yeah! I did notice her name, but didn’t link it to the ‘work is a battlefield’ analogy. 

Does anyone know the release schedule? 

I thought Luo Yun Xi had such a great range of emotions in Ashes of Love and I’m so glad he gets to show his flirtier side in this role. Also, he’s so convincing (looks hot) as a slick city corporate. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

Does anyone know the release schedule?

EF5vobW.jpgEpisodes: 36

Aired: Sep 27, 2020 - Oct 27, 2020

Aired On: Monday, Tuesday, Sunday

Vip gets 6 episodes ahead

This week has got 12 eps, starting from next week will be 6 per week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2