[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love Is Sweet 半是蜜糖半是伤

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

He doesn’t have any kissing scenes in Ashes of love, but he really shines in the emotional scenes. 

I’m glad Bai Lu isn’t too self-conscious to look like she enjoys the kissing scenes, and to kiss back properly. Zheng Shuang (Yang Yang did all the kissing in Love 020 and she literally stood there like a plank!!) and Ju Jing Yi (needs to maintain innocent idol status so has pretend kisses or pecks) are the main ones that come to mind.

Bai Lu is a proper actress and I love that she isn’t shy in her comedic acting too. That octopus scene is great and also she quite often does that snort laugh where she flares her nostrils, and momentarily it’s not her best look (but she’s still really beautiful), but it’s in character. I feel like lots of actresses try hard to look cute or sweet and it’s unnatural. She also doesn’t have annoying cutesy voice, which helps. I didn’t realise I was such a big fan of Bai Lu until I wrote this, haha. 

I can see that he will do well in emotional scenes next week. I cant wait to see more modern dramas from him. I know that he just finished 'immortality' so we will see him in fantasy/historical drama again soon. 

Ugh love o2o kisses were awkward af bc of that :sweatingbullets: .. i heard she was voted as the worst kisser or something like that. Also the dubbing made love o2o less enjoyable but i still love it and rewatch few certain episodes from time to time... 

And yes i agree with everything you said about BaiLu. I am a big fan of her so I am glad many people are starting to like her and notice her abilities. :fullofhearts:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Zay❤️ Thanks for the clip! It’s super cute! I love our couple. I’m rewatching because they’re just too sweet. Episodes 20/21 were so good that I almost forgot that they have amazing scenes in the first 19 episodes too! It’s rare for there to be so many great OTP moments throughout the entire series. 

The dialogue for the clip you posted goes: 

girls: Oh wow! He’s so handsome! The aunt beside him can’t be his girlfriend, can she? She can’t be! 
YS kisses JJ 

JJ: how could you do that in front of so many people?

YS: What are you thinking? How old are you? Getting jealous of little girls. 
JJ: You should know.
YS: Then you will be getting jealous a lot in the future. You cry so easily, how will you cope? 
JJ: Could you bear to let me cry? 

Flashback to JJ’s mum telling YS that no matter what happens, she hopes he will always be kind to JJ and never be the one to make her cry. 

YS: In the future, if anything ever happens that makes you want to cry, go ahead and cry, when you faint I will be right behind you to catch you. 
JJ: Why are you saying such corny things today?
YS: because I love you 

JJ: I love you too.

JJ: I’m not aunt :(

YS: You are aunt. But it’s ok, I’m uncle. 

It’s funny because the girls call her ‘aunt’ which is a term for middle aged women. Aunt and Uncle is what you call people your parents age, haha.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Not sure if anyone has seen this BTS posted by Bai Lu. 

https://m.weibo.cn/2616380702/4560353361658854

It is the drinking scene with the mother and LYX n BL kept getting NGs because the glass was just too full. 

Bai Lu mentioned this was one of the 3 hardest scene to control her laughter and that she had to tactically cover her face so that the camera doesn't catches her laughing. :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

@Zay❤️ Thanks for the clip! It’s super cute! I love our couple. I’m rewatching because they’re just too sweet. Episodes 20/21 were so good that I almost forgot that they have amazing scenes in the first 19 episodes too! It’s rare for there to be so many great OTP moments throughout the entire series. 

The dialogue for the clip you posted goes: 

girls: Oh wow! He’s so handsome! The aunt beside him can’t be his girlfriend, can she? She can’t be! 
YS kisses JJ 

JJ: how could you do that in front of so many people?

YS: What are you thinking? How old are you? Getting jealous of little girls. 
JJ: You should know.
YS: Then you will be getting jealous a lot in the future. You cry so easily, how will you cope? 
JJ: Could you bear to let me cry? 

Flashback to JJ’s mum telling YS that no matter what happens, she hopes he will always be kind to JJ and never be the one to make her cry. 

YS: In the future, if anything ever happens that makes you want to cry, go ahead and cry, when you faint I will be right behind you to catch you. 
JJ: Why are you saying such corny things today?
YS: because I love you 

JJ: I love you too.

JJ: I’m not aunt :(

YS: You are aunt. But it’s ok, I’m uncle. 

It’s funny because the girls call her ‘aunt’ which is a term for middle aged women. Aunt and Uncle is what you call people your parents age, haha.

Thank you for the translation :fullofhearts: ugh they are so cute. Girls are saying that because they are envious lol.

And yes i have been rewatching otp moments from ep19 to ep24 and its amazing how we've got so much countent of the couple. When its over, i will rewatch all the drama again (and again). :elated:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Zay❤️ said:

They are just too cute to handle...

So sweet! I hope they release a few more preview to tie us over until tomorrow's episodes! CAN'T WAIT!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Yes! Another preview! So YS convinced JJ's mum to let her stay in MH. And looks like he is investigating into C group, the company that bought over her father's noodle brand. 

https://www.iqiyi.com/v_1zmyqrf877s.html?vfrm=pcw_home&vfrmblk=O&vfrmrst=711219_home_dianshiju_float_pic_play2#curid=7226411310044900_14addebb954e856d94ae91d090609f9f

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Saw some BTS on twitter, the show is really popular  :heart:

Bai Lu is a great actress in this show, natural and soooo pretty and no wonder fans ship them so much...

The dozen or so kisses helps a lot.. haaa

Zheng Shuang, sad life, bad romances in real life and i wish she doesnt always say bad things about her character in Love 020. Yang2 has been supportive of the show regardless of how many years it has been, as it propelled him to a household name (easy to remember too!)... and a postage stamp!

Im happy to see 8.9* review on Dramalist for LIS..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

Saw some BTS on twitter, the show is really popular  :heart:

Bai Lu is a great actress in this show, natural and soooo pretty and no wonder fans ship them so much...

The dozen or so kisses helps a lot.. haaa

Zheng Shuang, sad life, bad romances in real life and i wish she doesnt always say bad things about her character in Love 020. Yang2 has been supportive of the show regardless of how many years it has been, as it propelled him to a household name (easy to remember too!)... and a postage stamp!

Im happy to see 8.9* review on Dramalist for LIS..

Oh yeah i heard she was sick for while too that's why she was so skinny. I feel bad for her .. she seems to hate the fame that came from love o2o and said she wont act in idol drama again ....

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

On 10/16/2020 at 2:54 AM, juliaajumma said:

just wondering is LYX really good-natured actor in romantic/kissing scene on his other dramas? or is it because there are so many kissing scenes in this drama so he become good now? practice makes perfect kinda thing :lol:

**sigh... i'm stop watching til ep 18.. and suck for spoilers on instagram.. hell**

It’s because he has an awesome partner lol. Bailu is a really good kisser. If you watch any of her other drama, she kisses just like in here xD and to date, legend still feature the best kiss. The one in this drama comes second (Only by a very tiny margins lol!), but because for Bailu and Xukai in the legend - they really zoom in and make those kissing scenes last forever :joy::wub: Though I’ll say the snow kissing scene is tie first with the legend kissing scene, because you can see the hesitation/shyness of Leo as his nervously plan a kiss on her lips. Those moments are just so true, so real, and it makes the kiss so special.

PS: to clarify, the snow kiss in here vs the reunion kiss (when she finally resurrected), the reunion kiss was longer xD plus super steamy (even though you can’t see it in the official version), that’s why legend has the first place, but if they keep the kissing count up, this one will be tie first place, and if it keeps the plot and everything as well as when it first starts, it will beat the legend out of the park lol :joy: I’m all for xukai and bailu, but man, Leo is making it hard for me to not wishing her dating him, too :joy:

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Alila N said:

It’s because he has an awesome partner lol. Bailu is a really good kisser. If you watch any of her other drama, she kisses just like in here xD and to date, legend still feature the best kiss. The one in this drama comes second (Only by a very tiny margins lol!), but because for Bailu and Xukai in the legend - they really zoom in and make those kissing scenes last forever :joy::wub: Though I’ll say the snow kissing scene is tie first with the legend kissing scene, because you can see the hesitation/shyness of Leo as his nervously plan a kiss on her lips. Those moments are just so true, so real, and it makes the kiss so special.

PS: to clarify, the snow kiss in here vs the reunion kiss (when she finally resurrected), the reunion kiss was longer xD plus super steamy (even though you can’t see it in the official version), that’s why legend has the first place, but if they keep the kissing count up, this one will be tie first place, and if it keeps the plot and everything as well as when it first starts, it will beat the legend out of the park lol :joy: I’m all for xukai and bailu, but man, Leo is making it hard for me to not wishing her dating him, too :joy:

If i didnt see the interview of the leads, i would say they were a couple for real but in the interview, i can just feel they were professional in their jobs :D

https://youtu.be/nzXQ44CGobI

https://youtu.be/v8Td0qoDHRI

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

47 minutes ago, Zay❤️ said:

If i didnt see the interview of the leads, i would say they were a couple for real but in the interview, i can just feel they were professional in their jobs :D

https://youtu.be/nzXQ44CGobI

https://youtu.be/v8Td0qoDHRI

Thanks for the Eng Sub links!.... i was wondering where to see the 2nd part if the video in English.

Its obvious from the scenes thst the 2nd lead guy doesnt stood a chance, Bai lu is more comfortable with Leo and it shows. Leo is perhaps more mindful of his words and actions, being the more experienced guy in the industry?

3 hours ago, Zay❤️ said:

Oh yeah i heard she was sick for while too that's why she was so skinny. I feel bad for her .. she seems to hate the fame that came from love o2o and said she wont act in idol drama again ....

Yes, not sure why? She just needs to loosen up.. sometimes when i read her interviews, i feel she have to tell the world that she is sad, and resentful.. if so, should she leave the entertainment industry ? She looks so sad and bitter all the time? Sigh.. im glad Yang2 sent a video message to her during her birthday last year? At least that co-star is still thinking of her.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

Thanks for the Eng Sub links!.... i was wondering where to see the 2nd part if the video in English.

Its obvious from the scenes thst the 2nd lead guy doesnt stood a chance, Bai lu is more comfortable with Leo and it shows. Leo is perhaps more mindful of his words and actions, being the more experienced guy in the industry?

Yes, not sure why? She just needs to loosen up.. sometimes when i read her interviews, i feel she have to tell the world that she is sad, and resentful.. if so, should she leave the entertainment industry ? She looks so sad and bitter all the time? Sigh.. im glad Yang2 sent a video message to her during her birthday last year? At least that co-star is still thinking of her.

LYX was sooo reserved while the other two just kept on teasing and roasting each other. Its true. Probably because he has more experience. Anyway, i think they are just professional actors. I will b shocked (and ofc happy haha) if they dated in real life.

The 2nd lead was just a thridwheel according to the actor himself lmaooooo. Lightbulb in chinese is thirdwheel :joy:

I think the girl was just going through so much personal issues. I hope she is better now. Yangyang is so kind :love:

• Like 4

aawww... you guys killing me with all those preview and OTP moment. i don't think i can watch our OTP this weekend, have some works to do before Monday *sigh*

thanks @Zay❤️, @cantbreathe for those lovely preview clip and translation 

ooh thanks @Sanniefor the preview clip also, eventhou' i don't understand at all, but i love when they both say "wo ai ni" hahaha.. that's the only words that i know.  

those clips makes my day...

hopefully you guys can post some spoiler here, so i can be lurking in between my work :tounge_xd:

9 hours ago, Alila N said:

wow.. talking about "kissing scene analyst" here.. :kiss_wink::joy:

I don't pay much attention to detail, as long as the kiss scene is doing great that would be fine for me haha.... and I'm glad BL and LYX are so great on those scenes. they will be my fave OTP in asian dramas :wub:

• Like 2

a recent preview from ep 25 ...

Spoiler

Yesterday, a video was recommended to me on YT. It was a review of the drama and they said YS took all the credit for saving JJ and never told JJ that DL helped him too. JJ will know later and get mad at YS. Then, DL will try to sell his miserable life story to JJ, give her cake on her birthday.and confess to her while hugging her ....

Isnt it ridiculous?

I brushed it off bc i felt it'd be a really ridiculous reason to break up for two years .... Now seeing this preview idk anymore ... Maybe they were right?

Edit:

Another video.

Spoiler

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4561423948586231

He saved her alone because he followed her location. He had it saved last week after that hotelroom incident.

So, He joins forces with DL after saving her ... This ruins the chances that JJ will be mad at him for the reason i typed above. I am really curious lmaoo.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4561429195393128

Can a kind soul tell me the name of this song please?

Edit:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4561434627279433

I wish i understand Chinese what are they saying lmao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zay❤️ said:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4561429195393128

Can a kind soul tell me the name of this song please?

Edit:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4561434627279433

I wish i understand Chinese what are they saying lmao

JJ: Yuan Shuai, what you said just now, are you serious?

YS: Of course, I am serious—very, incomparably, actively serious.

JJ: Can you let me think about it some more? My mind right now is a bit confused and I feel a slight urge to cry.

YS: Don’t cry. You’ll get an allergic reaction. All right, I’ve already waited for you for 10 over years, I don’t mind waiting a few more days. Don’t worry, I’ll always be beside you, always be here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1