[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love Is Sweet 半是蜜糖半是伤

sugarplum892

I believe in a short separation (rather than breakup). I mean, I watched Maiden Holmes and there was an angtsy scene but it was over in an episode. So I hope this drama goes down the same route.

They work better together and if both of them set up their own firm, I think it will be a success (if they can keep their hands off each other.)  :7555_attack:

y16Cls.png

I am also more active at MDL but I am happy to see a lot of discussion here too! 

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

7 hours ago, Zay❤️ said:

Hide contents

i am clueless here. What was the sexual meaning when he was cooking at her mother's home and told her not to touch the vegetables because he didnt wash it yet?

Spoiler

I don't think it was sexual.  He just said she was being coquettish and she asked you don't like it and he said he loved it.  

• Like 4

On 10/14/2020 at 8:32 AM, Alila N said:

I saw ep21 briefly and wow, they went straight into it.. which is unusual. :lol::lol: but refreshing? Maybe since they are already nearly 30s in the drama and both have not dated before? :D:lol:

Thankyou for that to writers, saves us the pain of watching Even 40 year olds just Looking into each others eye and not even Kissing. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

alrighty, after awhile not seen any chinese dramas, suddenly i'm into this drama because of the OTP (like many people here) 

i've never seen both ML and FL before. oh well, actually i've seen LYX in you're my sunshine, but hell i didn't pay attention much on him, so it doesn't count. both really have a great lovey-dovey chemistry on-screen (and off-screen too....err my wish) that's why i'm hooked with this drama.

just wondering is LYX really good-natured actor in romantic/kissing scene on his other dramas? or is it because there are so many kissing scenes in this drama so he become good now? practice makes perfect kinda thing :lol:

**sigh... i'm stop watching til ep 18.. and suck for spoilers on instagram.. hell**

14 hours ago, pad-hari said:

This scene was so beautiful, especially the last gif.  Love him so much as he cradles her when hugging.  beautiful warming up!!!!!.  

cr:weibo

Yet to see the last 2 episodes.  Will watch it slowly to lessen the waiting time. :tounge_wink:

ooh i love this spoiler (haven't seen this episode yet) i think height quite makes difference... it's good to see that FL literally can put her head on ML shoulder, and not on his chest or stomach...  it's indeed warm hug **sway** :wub:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

29 minutes ago, juliaajumma said:

just wondering is LYX really good-natured actor in romantic/kissing scene on his other dramas? or is it because there are so many kissing scenes in this drama so he become good now?

This is His most indulging Kiss worthy drama.AOl doesn't count really, ATWIL had decent kisses.Moreover his and Bailus chemistry is brilliant, it adds bonus points here.

He is  good actor in general but IMO his best suite is Crazy(Like Creepy Crazed Revenge) and Comic Timing Acting Scenes more than Romantic ones.

• Like 6

Seeing the positive reception, I thought I would give this a try especially since I enjoyed Bai Lu’s performance in The Legends and LYX was above average in AOL.

The story is sweet and the leads look good together but I’m not really getting the chemistry yet. I hope it will get better later on. 

It’s a pleasant surprise to see Xiao Yan acting as Bai Lu’s best friend after The Legends although her features and expressions look a bit different from before. I can’t put a finger on it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

The story is sweet and the leads look good together but I’m not really getting the chemistry yet. I hope it will get better later on. 

I don't know how you can't get their chemistry yet?? It's on fire from ep.1

Maybe you can watch some of their BTS to believe.  Or maybe u cannot move from Lu Zhao Yao to Jiang Jun :tounge_wink:. Bai lu have super chemistry with all her male leads.  I love her from the untouchables drama.  Infact she is only the second FL in that drama, but she has such a chemistry with SWL and that's what make us entertaining in the second half of that drama.  Hehe.  Hope you enjoy watching JJ and YS from the rest of the episodes yet to watch.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

I don't know how you can't get their chemistry yet?? It's on fire from ep.1

Maybe you can watch some of their BTS to believe.  Or maybe u cannot move from Lu Zhao Yao to Jiang Jun :tounge_wink:. Bai lu have super chemistry with all her male leads.  I love her from the untouchables drama.  Infact she is only the second FL in that drama, but she has such a chemistry with SWL and that's what make us entertaining in the second half of that drama.  Hehe.  Hope you enjoy watching JJ and YS from the rest of the episodes yet to watch.

I agree Bai Lu has a way of looking compatible with all her male leads but for me, nothing tops her phenomenal chemistry with XK. Maybe I’m also not convinced by LYX’s acting.

• Like 2

She does have good chemistry with her male partners.

I watched Lucky's First Love (horrible wig) but she looked good with her male partner there too. And even though there were kisses there, I would say those were Level 1 Beginner and here we have Level 4 Expert. LOL.

In the BTS, LYX looks like he can also let go and have fun. 

The rabbit dance BTS and the latest one with the wine at Mom's house. 

I live for their BTS too, honestly. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, juliaajumma said:

alrighty, after awhile not seen any chinese dramas, suddenly i'm into this drama because of the OTP (like many people here) 

i've never seen both ML and FL before. oh well, actually i've seen LYX in you're my sunshine, but hell i didn't pay attention much on him, so it doesn't count. both really have a great lovey-dovey chemistry on-screen (and off-screen too....err my wish) that's why i'm hooked with this drama.

just wondering is LYX really good-natured actor in romantic/kissing scene on his other dramas? or is it because there are so many kissing scenes in this drama so he become good now? practice makes perfect kinda thing :lol:

**sigh... i'm stop watching til ep 18.. and suck for spoilers on instagram.. hell**

ooh i love this spoiler (haven't seen this episode yet) i think height quite makes difference... it's good to see that FL literally can put her head on ML shoulder, and not on his chest or stomach...  it's indeed warm hug **sway** :wub:

I havent watched him in other dramas. But i have heard about him in dramas like You are my sunshine and Ashes of Love. I want to watch Ashes of love but i have read that it has 60+ episodes so I will just wait till my vacation. But, i dont think he was known as a good kisser. 

What makes the kisses better is that Bailu is actually a great kisser. It would be boring and awkward if he was good in kissing while female lead isnt.

Just like BaiLu said in her weibo, the little details they have in the drama is what makes the drama and their relationship so warm and lovely. Such the airplane scene and when he hugged her when they were cold waiting for the taxi. Also their cute pecks before long kisses or in the sofa. So cute. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, linh5000 said:

@pad-hari I really like how ep 26 they have the guy singing the OST (that the female always sing), it's a nice change. 

I wish I can understand Chinese watching these previews!! 

@juliaajumma @madmad min I like that LYX went alll out on this drama with the kisses..

I kept wondering if it's LYX who was singing the OST in that episode. So swoon worthy!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

There is chemistry, but for me as well as something is a miss, It is too much fluff TBH. The most connected you caN get with this couple is when he reminences about his past.Its what the issue is for me I dont connect enough with them due to this excessive floof fluff fluffiness.

I have seen LYX , I found him better in other shows maybe because how his character is written here(Gives me too much Alternate Universe Heavenly Emperor vibes) Although I love his comic Timings but that is about it in terms of novelity.His actions in other scenes need a lot of improvement they are a bit similar to his previous works.Bailu is wonderfully subtle though.I found her lacking in few emotional scenes but rest were brilliant. She does not do OTT which is her forte.

Had we seen LYX and BaiLu being paired lets say in a Romantic drama than Fluff then it would have blasted more.Thats just me obvio.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Can you tell me what happened to JJ in ep.26 preview @cantbreathe.  did she faint again becoz of her tears allergy problem?  thanks.

I think she was trapped in an elevator and YS saves her. That’s what the episode note says will happen in ep 26 (on the broadcast schedule). But there’s nothing in the dialogue that tells you what happened.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Wondering if there any any list, of the BTS to the drama? Maybe if there is a collection of the links, its easier for fans to see the videos?

Thanks!

Spoiler

Here you go

It's a compilation of all the BTS to date on the chinese version of youtube. You just have to navigate through each clips but unfortunately, there is no English sub

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Sannie said:

I kept wondering if it's LYX who was singing the OST in that episode. So swoon worthy!

you meant this song? no, it's not LYX. it said Nathan Lee who sing that male version.

11 hours ago, Zay❤️ said:

I havent watched him in other dramas. But i have heard about him in dramas like You are my sunshine and Ashes of Love. I want to watch Ashes of love but i have read that it has 60+ episodes so I will just wait till my vacation. But, i dont think he was known as a good kisser. 

What makes the kisses better is that Bailu is actually a great kisser. It would be boring and awkward if he was good in kissing while female lead isnt.

Just like BaiLu said in her weibo, the little details they have in the drama is what makes the drama and their relationship so warm and lovely. Such the airplane scene and when he hugged her when they were cold waiting for the taxi. Also their cute pecks before long kisses or in the sofa. So cute. 

i don't think i can watch their dramas with different partner after this... i'm too hooked on their on-screen chemistry.. **sigh... gimme couple months to recover after this drama end i guess :headbang:

3 hours ago, Zay❤️ said:

too many kisses scene that cut i think when i watched all the bts... no wonder LYX said in interview there are so many many kisses scene in this drama..  i think i need to download all the bts :heart3:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Zay❤️ said:

I want to watch Ashes of love but i have read that it has 60+ episodes so I will just wait till my vacation. But, i dont think he was known as a good kisser. 

He doesn’t have any kissing scenes in Ashes of love, but he really shines in the emotional scenes. 

I’m glad Bai Lu isn’t too self-conscious to look like she enjoys the kissing scenes, and to kiss back properly. Zheng Shuang (Yang Yang did all the kissing in Love 020 and she literally stood there like a plank!!) and Ju Jing Yi (needs to maintain innocent idol status so has pretend kisses or pecks) are the main ones that come to mind.

Bai Lu is a proper actress and I love that she isn’t shy in her comedic acting too. That octopus scene is great and also she quite often does that snort laugh where she flares her nostrils, and momentarily it’s not her best look (but she’s still really beautiful), but it’s in character. I feel like lots of actresses try hard to look cute or sweet and it’s unnatural. She also doesn’t have annoying cutesy voice, which helps. I didn’t realise I was such a big fan of Bai Lu until I wrote this, haha. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

I’m glad Bai Lu isn’t too self-conscious to look like she enjoys the kissing scenes, and to kiss back properly. Zheng Shuang (Yang Yang did all the kissing in Love 020 and she literally stood there like a plank!!) and Ju Jing Yi (needs to maintain innocent idol status so has pretend kisses or pecks) are the main ones that come to mind. So frustrating to try and watch a blossoming romance when the leads act like 13 year olds!  

OMG ... Zheng Zhuang being like a wooden statue in the kissing scenes held me back from really outright loving Love 020. I would have enjoyed it more if she would at least been an eager participant in the kissing scenes. Yang Yang really did all the work in those scenes.

They should and are professionals. If they cannot be so, then I don't know why they accept these projects that has kissing/intimate scenes. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2