[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love Is Sweet 半是蜜糖半是伤

sugarplum892

Watching the drama and does anyone else get the irony that Gao Hanyu (Du Lei)'s song keeps getting played during the OTP's romantic moments. 

LOL.

Anyway, watching Ep 16 has made me slightly sympathetic to Du Lei. What a life he had! And now, what is his connection (or his family's connection) to JJ. 

• Like 3

On 10/5/2020 at 11:38 PM, Zay❤️ said:

Did she say 'i love you' before he went into the operation room? 

YS knows her parents so i dont think he would do that. I hope i am not wrong because this could ruin it for them. :(

Hello all, I couldn't resist joining this thread while waiting for new episodes this coming week!! 

Yes, she did say "Loved you" while YS was being rolled into the operating theatre. I reckon it was ad-libbed and it was sort of like a parody for comic sake where people being wheeled into operations or dying often have last wishes to clarify, and in this case YS was pulling her leg saying he has one last question, hence she just rolled her eyes and said "Loved you" to shut him up for being so dramatic. 

I love the bickering between the pair and LYX pulled off such a charming "domineering boss" role that makes him so endearing. Bai Lu is also phenomenal in being such an adorable dork that I have a massive girl crush on her. Both are such a visual to watch that i can't wait for Sunday to come! 

@pad-hari, I see you are here too!!! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

I cant wait for another 4-5 days to watch more episodes :( ugh. Next week she is going to read his hidden old love letter. 

I am so excited I cant wait for their cute moments together.

Btw, if you watched Luckys first love, BaiLu used to sweet-talk her boss there too and it was so funny too:D

She had lips phobia for a while lmaoo

I cant lie and say that I care about 2nd leads story or Mr Du's sad story. I know one of them is gonna make trouble for the main couple so ugh :tears: i love this drama.

I watch Love In Time to kill time till next Sunday :D

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

I think I got multiple cavities in all my teeth after watching 17th ep. I can't handle this much cuteness all at once....not to mention the sexual tension between them.....gaahhhhd. I can't wait for them to become an official couple and start dating. Didn't Luo Yun Xi said in an interview that there are many kiss scenes in this drama? Bring it on, I'm ready!!!

Btw, Luo Yun xi shouldn't wear turtlenecks. Lmao. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Zay❤️ said:

I cant wait for another 4-5 days to watch more episodes :(

I still don't understand this drama's schedule. Last week 12 eps were available in dramacool and such illegal sites because VIP users got more eps and people have ripped the eps from them. So this week too VIP users will get more eps, right? If I knew I had to wait till Sunday for the next new ep, I would have slowed down on watching this week's eps. I'm all caught up now and I can't wait for the next ep. Sighhh. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kokodus said:

I still don't understand this drama's schedule. Last week 12 eps were available in dramacool and such illegal sites because VIP users got more eps and people have ripped the eps from them. So this week too VIP users will get more eps, right? If I knew I had to wait till Sunday for the next new ep, I would have slowed down on watching this week's eps. I'm all caught up now and I can't wait for the next ep. Sighhh. 

VIP users only get 6 episodes in advance, so the only advantage of having extra episode is during the first week. After that, VIP users only get 2 episode updates per broadcast day but is always 6 episodes ahead of the normal user. 

• Like 1

I rewatched this week's episodes already because i was getting impatient:D

so, i watched the official MV for the ost and omg

:tears: its really spoiling whats gonna happen next.

I am guessing they will break up soon or probably wont be together this week. They will have a misunderstanding first, then be together? Anyway seems like the hot kiss is after they kiss on the snow. Perhaps after they solve their issues.

I just hope it wont be a silly reason that going to ruin the couple moments for me.:tears::vicx:

So they won't be living together for a while :tears: pls break up for one episode or less :tears:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zay❤️ said:

He looks like Song WeiLong from certain angles

He does, they have a very similar Angular sharp kinda jaw line thingy going on.

Also I think the taller guy who is JJ's intern collegue, at times he resembles Jing Boran from side angle as well. :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, madmad min said:

He does, they have a very similar Angular sharp kinda jaw line thingy going on.

Also I think the taller guy who is JJ's intern collegue, at times he resembles Jing Boran from side angle as well. :D 

Oh thats right. I like him btw. He is so nice to JJ. :D

• Awesome 1

Not Sure If this video was posted. BailU and Gao Hanyu fight like Kids here Lol.

LuoYunxi IMO is a little bit reserved here as compared to AOL intvs anyhow, he looks more alive in BTS maybe because this interview happened earlier. Nonetheless Enjoy :D

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 1:04 AM, Zay❤️ said:

I rewatched this week's episodes already because i was getting impatient:D

Hide contents

so, i watched the official MV for the ost and omg

:tears: its really spoiling whats gonna happen next.

I am guessing they will break up soon or probably wont be together this week. They will have a misunderstanding first, then be together? Anyway seems like the hot kiss is after they kiss on the snow. Perhaps after they solve their issues.

I just hope it wont be a silly reason that going to ruin the couple moments for me.:tears::vicx:

So they won't be living together for a while :tears: pls break up for one episode or less :tears:

Spoiler

I just saw a review that says after JJ and YS get together DL gets jealous and frames YS for JJs dad death, thats where they break up. DL and JJ get closer and then Linda reveals the truth to JJ and thats where we get the scene where our OTP are both crying when they kiss. 

If that happens (don’t know how the reviewer knows this, so take it with a pinch of salt) its going to stress me out! The break up better not last more than one episode. How will i cope without my OTP scenes? I cant stand the second leads and while DL has a sad interesting backstory, he is just too broken and he and JJ are a bit awkward.  Our OTP give us just the right amount of sweetness and emotional heft.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cantbreathe said:

Hide contents

I just saw a review that says after JJ and YS get together DL gets jealous and frames YS for JJs dad death, thats where they break up. DL and JJ get closer and then Linda reveals the truth to JJ and thats where we get the scene where our OTP are both crying when they kiss. 

If that happens (don’t know how the reviewer knows this, so take it with a pinch of salt) its going to stress me out! The break up better not last more than one episode. How will i cope without my OTP scenes? I cant stand the second leads and while DL has a sad interesting backstory, he is just too broken and he and JJ are a bit awkward.  Our OTP give us just the right amount of sweetness and emotional heft.

Spoiler

Sound quite believable. I’m still so hung up on the last 2 episode (17 and 18), to try and find where YS mentioned her dad’s death! It’s definitely not the noodles restaurant scene :sweatingbullets: and I agree with you, DL and JJ is quite awkward (acting great from both side to give that feeling). And I can’t wait for that kissing scene in the snow, it’s quite something else! 14hrs to go!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cantbreathe said:

Hide contents

predictable, possible. 

I had a feeling that mr du will do something and ruin my otp :/ ... Probably YS was abroad when JJ's father passed away and he couldn't do anything. He probably knows DL had something to do with it thats why he dislikes them, not just pure rivalry at work.

JJ & YS will probably be separated for a long time. From the shots at the ost MV , she had a different vibe (different hairstyle and outfits). I think she will be promoted or go to a different department.

The girl that has a crush on YS in the company will also cause some drama somehow.

I think its going to be the 'love is hurt' part of the drama. :tears:

• Like 2

@Alila N it’s 21 mins into episode 15 where JJ mentions her dad’s death. I’m counting down to the next episode too! The chemistry between the two leads is explosive.

Also, kudos to Kido Gao. At first I thought he was odd, the stark difference between him laughing/being emotionless made him look a bit unhinged. But I think he’s doing a good job of playing someone who is uncomfortable in his own skin, unpredictable and increasingly desperate. His backstory is introduced gradually and his anger surrounding that is well expressed - it’s not simply a one dimensional baddie. 

@Zay❤️ Urgh! I noticed the possible time jump in the MVs too (hair/clothes) but was hoping to ignore it. I agree they are probably separated for a few years during which time she becomes successful career wise. I really hate time jumps though! I get it is to build up the misery and eventual reunion, but it feels like a waste of the characters time. YS has already waited 10 years! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

@Alila N it’s 21 mins into episode 15 where JJ mentions her dad’s death. I’m counting down to the next episode too! The chemistry between the two leads is explosive.

Also, kudos to Kido Gao. At first I thought he was odd, the stark difference between him laughing/being emotionless made him look a bit unhinged. But I think he’s doing a good job of playing someone who is uncomfortable in his own skin, unpredictable and increasingly desperate. His backstory is introduced gradually and his anger surrounding that is well expressed - it’s not simply a one dimensional baddie. 

@Zay❤️ Urgh! I noticed the possible time jump in the MVs too (hair/clothes) but was hoping to ignore it. I agree they are probably separated for a few years during which time she becomes successful career wise. I really hate time jumps though! I get it is to build up the misery and eventual reunion, but it feels like a waste of the characters time. YS has already waited 10 years! 

Omg yes :tears: YS already waited for too long. I feel so bad for him. 

i hope whatever gonna happen wont make me dislike JJ a lil bit.

:tears: i wont be able to ignore that she left him bc of a misunderstanding after reading that letter and after all what he did for her (unless YS was really involved in her father's case). She should've trusted him more bc im still wondering why she trusted mr du to teach her and was willing to be his friend despite realising he was a rival with bad intentions (in earlier episodes) yet will be quick to dismiss YS's feelings and leave him.

:tears::( 

Omg :love:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4558826944332333

• Like 1

And finally the day has come.....it feels like so long....This week I should really control myself and watch only one ep per day so that I don't have to wait a long time for the new eps, but I think I'll fail miserably. LOL. I can't stay away from spoilers...

If DL is the one who is going to be the reason for their break up, then I'll be very disappointed. Jiang Jun doesn't seem like a girl who would give up on a person just because of a misunderstanding. I would rather have YS be the reason why they break up because he was indirectly involved in her father's death. Maybe even he doesn't know it yet? But I don't think they will go this way. Ughhh I don't want any third party involvement between my precious OTP. 

They are not even officially together yet, and we are already talking about their break up now. LOLOL. 

EkBaM_KUYAI0H1H?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

And finally the day has come.....it feels like so long....This week I should really control myself and watch only one ep per day so that I don't have to wait a long time for the new eps, but I think I'll fail miserably. LOL. I can't stay away from spoilers...

If DL is the one who is going to be the reason for their break up, then I'll be very disappointed. Jiang Jun doesn't seem like a girl who would give up on a person just because of a misunderstanding. I would rather have YS be the reason why they break up because he was indirectly involved in her father's death. Maybe even he doesn't know it yet? But I don't think they will go this way. Ughhh I don't want any third party involvement between my precious OTP. 

They are not even officially together yet, and we are already talking about their break up now. LOLOL. 

Its because we want them to be together always and foreverrrrrrr^_^ be together until death do them apart :love:

Nah seriously, I dont want them to be apart for a long time. Their sweet moments are what the show interesting to me.

I always say i wont watch all episodes but i end up watching them, then rewatching them till next week is here.lol.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote Images, thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Love 1