[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love Is Sweet 半是蜜糖半是伤

sugarplum892

Hmm.. I watched Bai Lu's previous drama "Lucky's First Love" Kinda similar but the SML does not really have a big impact there. 

This is my first Leo Lu drama (haha) and I am still neutral. I just can't stop marvelling at how slim he is. As for his character, I agree with JJ that he is living in the past and he doesn't know how she has changed. He has to start learning all over again about her. 

I am not so antagonistic towards the SML now that he has become truly interested in her as I had despised him when he just viewed JJ as a pawn. JJ will need time to realise that not everyone can be a friend and there are a lot of unsavoury activity in the field she is in (investment banking!) So you have to tread carefully.

As for the secondary couple....let's just say that I have just finished Maiden Holmes and I never had to FF them. But I find myself FF the ones here. :nomeme:

• Like 3

This is mostly a breezy watch although it's so cheesy and cliche LoL?! 

Idk I don't feel much heat between the otp as compared to say on Love Designer..? Just my opinion. They do however have cute bickering scenes but that's about it really. 

I like the second male lead and not used to seeing Riley as the lead eheheh. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

8 hours ago, Alila N said:

are with each other again, and how much you are willing to get back to being a good friend and take care of each other when in need. I do like his cheeky manner throughout the whole thing even though you don’t xD

See I did like his cheeky manner , but I would prefer him to be direct instead.(Besides maybe I am too used to seeing the similar male acting fake sick to get attention from female lead in other shows, thats why it made me irritated a bit) JJ feeling at the moment uptil episode 6 is to be good in her JOb, she is comfortable with whatever relationship friendship she has with YS , but if he wants to win her affection he needs to be less Tsundereish(A friend teasing her+ Him shows his authority , JJ herself said that he saved her Job in MH after Deng Fiasco hence she was Feeding him, for her in past he deliberately created situations to Bully her,rather than protect her so I dont think that was the focal point in last episode), DL is more of a wooer in that case.

I hope her degree in Psycology helps in understanding YS being rude and Childish was a form of his showing concern and Love. I just hope I do not have to wait for his confession letter in the Book Love is sweet for her to realize that.

@Latte_Anyday Love designer had more experienced Romcom Actors who have worked before I believe , they should have better hold on their chemistry.

Objectfically speaking LeoLuo has the Best chemistry with Bailu Till date(With Yangzi And Denglun there was no chance to show the chemistry, YZDL chemistry is on whole other level and with Yuqi Chen the dubbing ruined whatever epic intense chemistry that could have happened , they had one but not impactful imo) and their CP should not be compared with others.The storyline and characterization are completely different.Enjoy as you go along, they are Sweet together :D

• Like 2

I really cant believe she thinks YS is a bully and liar just because he hid the fact that he owned that apartment. I get that the misunderstandings in the past made it hard for her to trust him but how is it easy to trust a rival who truly used her to defeat YS or MH in general? She could lose her job or get severe punishment if YS didnt get involved to help her.

Mr Du was moved probably by her words in that trainee's house and chose to fight and leave GE. It seems like he wasnt comfortable there.

But i still cant believe that he fell for her so fast. Will he make a new company? Will JJ join him? Will she really somehow become YS's rival in work like it was in the novel. I dont think so since she was so determined to join MH. Hmmm. 

I just hope once she gets together with YS, they wont be separated again. I hope that they will trust each other and never let doubts or lies separate them (like loveo2o). I know its hard in dramaland. I just wish so.

• Like 5

Episode 7 Review...

I loved the drunk fight between YS and JJ, they really have a good chemistry. YS looked darn cute while he was getting all hot and bothered when JJ was all close and seemingly sleeping.

YS looks dapper in Dark tone clothes he should ditch White and wear those lol.

Mr. Du in a parallel universe could have been the Perfect hero chaotic in his mind about Ex and the Heroine, he is that mysteriously good. I want to see more of his screentime than second Otp.

Second OTP-Lol Epic logic behind a fangirl and Sensible College kid, he chose to break her other shoe heel rather than pick her up and walk, when he did he picked her up like a log of Wood .

:Megalol:

Things I have hard time understanding or just doesn't make do.

1. Why did that variety show contestant had to ask the security guard to stop JJ without any plausible reason, she saved this chic I mean if she doubted JJ she should have confronted her not asked her  to be detained by security. Am I missing some context?

2. YS favors JJ too much and it will be sooner or later be discovered by her other intern colleagues, which will sure shot create discrepancy and JJ will be framed as a girl fav to YS instead of being complimented due to her talent. YS and JJ do not behave like Boss and Intern but more bickering teen friends (it is understandable but office and personal life is too blurred here) there is a very thin line between reputation maintenance and tarnishing in workplace due to personal relationship that too with the Boss. They should be more careful but this is drama-land anything is possible I guess. Saying that I do not like Ms. Qiao, She seems to give too much stinky eye to JJ , can she not look how YS is favoring her??? Man talk about some clichés which never die in Asian Drama.

Please gimme more of YS-JJ-DL (Du Lei please).

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, madmad min said:

Episode 7 Review...

I loved the drunk fight between YS and JJ, they really have a good chemistry. YS looked darn cute while he was getting all hot and bothered when JJ was all close and seemingly sleeping.

Mr. Du in a parallel universe could have been the Perfect hero chaotic in his mind about Ex and the Heroine, he is that mysteriously good. I want to see more of his screentime than second Otp.

Second OTP-Lol Epic logic behind a fangirl and Sensible College kid, he chose to break her other shoe heel rather than pick her up and walk, when he did he picked her up like a log of Wood .

1. Why did that variety show contestant had to ask the security guard to stop JJ without any plausible reason, she saved this chic I mean if she doubted JJ she should have confronted her not asked her  to be detained by security. Am I missing some context?

2. YS favors JJ too much and it will be sooner or later be discovered by her other intern colleagues, which will sure shot create discrepancy and JJ will be framed as a girl fav to YS instead of being complimented due to her talent. YS and JJ do not behave like Boss and Intern but more bickering teen friends (it is understandable but office and personal life is too blurred here) there is a very thin line between reputation maintenance and tarnishing in workplace due to personal relationship that too with the Boss. They should be more careful but this is drama-land anything is possible I guess. Saying that I do not like Ms. Qiao, She seems to give too much stinky eye to JJ , can she not look how YS is favoring her??? Man talk about some clichés which never die in Asian Drama.

I dont think he favors her but she worked harder than others in that entertainment company case. She by chance had seen what happened (bullying) and decided to investigate by her own. 

The security thought she was a stalker fan and kicked her out and probably checked her phone if she had any photos.

----

About ep14 lmaoo :D mr du invested in the dating app so JJ and YS chat more through it. He really can't defeat YS lmaoooo.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, madmad min said:

Episode 7 Review...

I agree with @Zay❤️, in a lot of the scenes, she is the one that stayed back after everyone has left. She’s also the one who was staying up to do reports and stuffs, and the colleagues would comment on that every morning they see her, and tell her to not kill herself for works. There was the initial: oh you got favoured by the boss (YS), but after the investigation case that she took upon herself without being asked, everyone agrees that she gets to where she is (from intern to full time employee) on her own merits. I think in the latest episode (14), they didn’t discuss the personal stuff until it was after work (she tried but she doesn’t know how and he was playing her xD)

Spoiler

As much as ep13 and 14 don’t have much sweet stuffs, it’s still quite monumental for me as it marks how he’s dropping hints and how she kinda knew what he’s talking about but brushed it off to not have to deal with it. I also love how the app gives him a dilemma (not really) that there might be someone out there for him that seems to suit him well and maybe suit him a lot better than his dream girl.

also I don’t think YS is as possessive as ppl thinks, as in one of the ep, YS actually said he wants her to be careful being friend with DL, because they are supposed to be Enermy and she might have a hard time answer to the boss, and easily become a target for defamation, but who she likes to be friend with isn’t of his concern. In a way, he green lit her friendship with DL. And that’s why she was happy and giving a heart. (If I misinterpret this scene, please explain to me lol) :)

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Alila N said:

I agree with @Zay❤️, in a lot of the scenes, she is the one that stayed back after everyone has left. She’s also the one who was staying up to do reports and stuffs, and the colleagues would comment on that every morning they see her, and tell her to not kill herself for works. There was the initial: oh you got favoured by the boss (YS), but after the investigation case that she took upon herself without being asked, everyone agrees that she gets to where she is (from intern to full time employee) on her own merits. I think in the latest episode (14), they didn’t discuss the personal stuff until it was after work (she tried but she doesn’t know how and he was playing her xD)

Hide contents

As much as ep13 and 14 don’t have much sweet stuffs, it’s still quite monumental for me as it marks how he’s dropping hints and how she kinda knew what he’s talking about but brushed it off to not have to deal with it. I also love how the app gives him a dilemma (not really) that there might be someone out there for him that seems to suit him well and maybe suit him a lot better than his dream girl.

I agree with the spoiler. Its interesting to see if he will be 'swayed' by his perfect match.

• Like 3

bai lu is so cute and she is so good in this DRAMA. she can be the next YANGMI if given the right  project her acting skill is very good not like some chinese actress only can pass in cutie cutie role. Bai lu is very versatile, i've wathed her in THE LEGENDS wow !!!:thumbsup: I hope she gets to work with A List actors

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Did she say 'i love you' before he went into the operation room? 

2 hours ago, cantbreathe said:
  Hide contents

I just saw a clip of JJ saying her dad died indirectly because of a hostile  takeover of his company. She was telling Du and he recognised the name of the company. I really hope YS wasn’t involved!! 

YS knows her parents so i dont think he would do that. I hope i am not wrong because this could ruin it for them. :(

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zay❤️ said:

No.  I dont think she told him "i love you".  But after the operation, the nurse address him as her boyfriend to JJ.  She is about to reply something, but she did not refuse that.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Zay❤️ said:

YS knows her parents so i dont think he would do that. I hope i am not wrong because this could ruin it for them. :(

I did think that - that any due diligence would bring up her dad’s name, but she does slap him at some point, and there’s lots of upset scenes still to come, so something big does go wrong :mellow:

Uuurrrgghhh! I love this drama so far, but I also wish (for my own sake, cliffhangers stress me out!!) for the vibe to be more like Love 020 where there were no big misunderstandings or dramas between the OTP. 

Love, love, LOVE the passcode scene!!! YS is the best. Melts into gooey puddle. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

I did think that - that any due diligence would bring up her dad’s name, but she does slap him at some point, and there’s lots of upset scenes still to come, so something big does go wrong :mellow:

Uuurrrgghhh! I love this drama so far, but I also wish (for my own sake, cliffhangers stress me out!!) for the vibe to be more like Love 020 where there were no big misunderstandings or dramas between the OTP. 

Love, love, LOVE the passcode scene!!! YS is the best. Melts into gooey puddle. 

She slaps him? I didn't see that clip before. :( i dont want to see it. It hurts to see them being like that. 

I WISH they stand together through hardtimes and really solve their misunderstandings asap :tears:

Everything he does for her melts my heart :( why is he so cute and sweet to her. Whenever they are on screen I cant help but smile and wish they never stop being cute :(

However, I am not really into the 2nd leads. :vicx:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

What is a drama without a little bit of angst? LOL. I'm pretty sure it won't be all flowery path for our cute couple till the end. I was actually surprised that she let go of the house matter that easily and even moved back right away. Lol. It does give me Love 020 vibes sometimes seeing how breezy everything goes. Not much heartbreak or angst yet, but I'm predicting that something huge will go down between them in the latter eps. But I'm confident that it will be a happy ending, so I'm not that worried about the ineveitable angst that is yet to come. It will only help heat things up and when they get back together it will be even more rewarding. Kekeke. Yes I'm a sucker for pain. LOL. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

But I'm confident that it will be a happy ending, so I'm not that worried about the ineveitable angst that is yet to come. It will only help heat things up and when they get back together it will be even more rewarding. Kekeke. Yes I'm a sucker for pain. LOL. 

Episode 8 Review:

Unintentionally JJ ignited a "Love triangle in a chic lit office fiction" but the one leg of triangle is on the enemy Lines. I am not sure how Ms. Qiao will play in overall except put cherry on the cake rest 3 main characters are baking, but I hope she gets more to do than give JJ a stinky eye every episode, it is plain waste of already short episode time.

I know I am in minority but Du Lei intrigues me a whole lot more as a character than YS does, Ys is rather an open book for the audience whereas DL isn't (I thought his senior Linda was his ex, she is his step/foster Sister? what kind of Cruel Intention Thingy is happening here Omo controversial c-drama plot I ever saw or again I am confused here?? :blink:). His Father not father (half the time I kept thinking where have I seen him , then remembered he was in Mr. Fighting, he was still a selfish father back there as well, what is with him being Poster Not Likeable Dad??) does not like him, DL is making a mockery of his status, but makes sure to use the connection right on spot! Has a soft spot for JJ but still is using her without letting her get in harms way as per him (Reminds me of all C drama 2nd leads), warns the male Lead. And is a eye candy who somehow resembles the Male lead from side angle. How does JJ tend to believe him over YS puzzles me leading me to think there a whole lot backstory not yet revealed. YS is right when it comes to her having secret meetings with Him as a friend will make some rival of hers gaslit her in the company. But Alas, Angst and misunderstanding here we come.

Hahaha...Just to avoid the above said "Love triangle in a chic lit office fiction" JJ keeps on running from YS and keeps her calling "Guàirén" weirdo hahaha....Then he invites her over to take away extra Egg Fried Rice (which I did not see, somehow I got disappointed because c-drama without food in an episodes somehow makes me feel it is incomplete now Lol :P). How cheeky cute is he??I hope these things don't fire back with a Bomb but fizzles out with more understanding.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I too assume this is a happy ending, this show does not give off Sad/Open/Confused ending vibes. Angst has to be there , else this has to be categorized as conflicted Office Rom-Com slice of life which it shouldn't be, only time will tell. I am sucker from Heartbreaking Pure Love with HE but too much too soon, I wanna rather ease onto it. :D 

==========================================================

I have not seen Bailu Before but she sure can act, Her expressions are on point and Not OTT unlike many many actresses (After Sandra Ma she is only one I found to have that subtlety) , I agree on that aspect. Luo Yunxi's  comic timings are pure Gold, right since from AOL when he was able to between 2 diff characters within seconds to now, wow. But IMO both still have a lot more scope to improve . BUT Luo Yunxi NEEDS to do more Modern Dramas, its a visual delight to see him with his own hair and not donning Heavenly whites and wigs.:grimace:

=================================================

Also How do I not ship these 2 LY/BL, I shouldn't be !! shipping is danger in C drama land haha, still Cute and GaoHanyu looks sexy while dancing hahah.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

10 hours ago, Zay❤️ said:

In the version I saw, she said “used to love!” But love what or who, no one knows xD also used to xD

11 hours ago, pad-hari said:

ep.17 preview with eng sub.  hehehehe:joy:

https://www.iq.com/play/1a2732zq04c

ep.18 preview with eng sub.:relaxed::kiss_wink:

https://www.iq.com/play/v9pgkq9h28

zomg, can’t wait for 18! Imma have to stay up again xD luckily, it’s reasonable time, unlike kdrama, which made me stay up until 2-3am xD

Spoiler

No, YS wasn’t involve, however, I think based on the dialogue, when he first took her to the noodle place, he’s regretted that he didn’t make it back in time to save the situation and hence could have saved her dad, so he felt quite a strong guilt toward that event. Because he knows he could have saved the shop.

i love how it shows she started to have feeling for him, and the trailer for 18 is confirming that. She was like omg, he’s gonna kiss me, but then he stopped and just touched her nose with his nose, and her heart was running a mile a second there xD and how she is getting jealous over him being nice to other girls xD I also couldn’t stop smiling at their scenes xD also not into the 2nd lead couples, I’m FF them hard lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alila N said:

In the version I saw, she said “used to love!” But love what or who, no one knows xD also used to xD

Awww, thanks for the clarification.  After watching with subs, i was also surprised that there is no expression on YS, when she told "I loved you".  It was also in pastense.  

3 hours ago, Alila N said:

zomg, can’t wait for 18! Imma have to stay up again xD luckily, it’s reasonable time, unlike kdrama, which made me stay up until 2-3am xD

Hide contents

No, YS wasn’t involve, however, I think based on the dialogue, when he first took her to the noodle place, he’s regretted that he didn’t make it back in time to save the situation and hence could have saved her dad, so he felt quite a strong guilt toward that event. Because he knows he could have saved the shop.

i love how it shows she started to have feeling for him, and the trailer for 18 is confirming that. She was like omg, he’s gonna kiss me, but then he stopped and just touched her nose with his nose, and her heart was running a mile a second there xD and how she is getting jealous over him being nice to other girls xD I also couldn’t stop smiling at their scenes xD also not into the 2nd lead couples, I’m FF them hard lol

You are so sure that he is not involved, did you read the novel?   I hope he is not involved in her fathers death.

Do you mean to say that YS was still following her family even though lost connection?   She said that she lost her father 10 years ago  when she was in high school.  He is working in MH for 10 years.  So, maybe he did not join or a rookie employee in MH.

• Like 1