[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love Is Sweet 半是蜜糖半是伤

sugarplum892

I keep going into iqiyi and weibo to see if there are any new clips or updates about LIS. I am so addicted to the show..... I hope Bailu's new show that is starting on Friday is good. so that I have something to watch when LIS ends. 

• Like 2

Oh so YS's parents run companies abroad. I wonder if we will ever see them next episodes?

The break up scene was perfect. Loved both of them. Their acting was good i almost had teary eyes especially when he said i am sorry :( and then catching her after she fainted. Ugh she is really good. I love her even more with this drama.

I was upset that QiaoNa had to knock some sense into JJ. I wanted her to be smarter. Smh.

When they start that 'action' music i always laugh idky lmaoo. I cant take them seriously lmao.

Oh f&&&, LinTaimo is more evil than i thought :'(

That colleague who almost killed JJ actually wanted to say something sneaky when JJ got the Recoder but stopped herself. Her eyes were saying that lmao

Ep29 was like an episode from a different drama lol.

Ep30 was nice. Too long time for secondary couple lets hope they will have less time now and more for the main couple. I am so mean lol.

• Like 2

On 10/21/2020 at 11:33 AM, Zay❤️ said:

I read it but its not completely translated. If you keep on clicking next chapter, you will read till chapter 18

https://www.illanovels.com/p/love-is-sweet.html?m=1

I tried to read the rest of chapters by my Chrome lol. It was messy but i got the general idea anyway. I think i saw someone on twitter saying YS will work for GE and she stays in MH. He jokes to her saying "you sleep with me in bed at night and fight with me as rival in the afternoon" lmao

In the novel, she works for MH and he works for GE. 

When they were young, he had always loved her, she had a crush on another guy. I think she follows that guy to his uni abroad or something like that.

Their had different family backgrounds in the novel. They were in the military and their names (YS and JJ) is related to that too btw.

They met again after finishing studies. YS had the apartment and allowed her to live with him, she passed the interview and worked for MH.

The guy she had a crush on, comes back in her life as an intern in MH.

DL was her boss and had loved her, even kissed her. He was divorced and Linda was his mistress.

Jonah worked for GE (iirc) with YS and had a thing with him. QiaoNa was introduced as YS's girlfriend but she was the ex girlfriend of JJ's crush. She dumped him to be with YS ......

I dont remember if Jonah is the eng name for QiaoNa. Anyway both were linked to YS.

YS wasn't the virgin who had always waited for his crush for years lol.

-imo, the drama is more fun. More romantic if they followed the same novel, it wouldn't be as good as the drama rn.

Heres the novel in Chinese, try using the translator, if you want.

https://www.txtjr.com/novel/16596/

Oh Wow that is Cumbersome. Too many Triangular Love angles, seems like everyone has kissed everyone here in opposite genders Lol.

Glad the Drama is streamlined.

10 hours ago, juliaajumma said:

love seeing bailu and gao hanyu dance together, they’re so in sync..

there are so many of their “tiktok” dancing.. looks like bl had spent more time with ghy rather than with lyx.. hmm

https://youtu.be/nB9Wh6Jssmg

cr. to the owner

It was obvious in the interview that she gets along with him better than LYX. Will he be in the fan meeting too?

4 hours ago, Zay❤️ said:

It was obvious in the interview that she gets along with him better than LYX. Will he be in the fan meeting too?

Yes It is mostly because LYX is a bit reserved here, You know C drama and CP fanatiscm, they show a slight Fun Factor Behind the scenes there is netizens going left right center praising/ dissing individual , CP and what not. And right now they are at their peak as a favorable CP,IF a Healthy cooperation is needed again between these 2 it is better for them to be less involved which is shown as BTS on camera IMO(this is the very reason my favorite couples have not cooperated anymore, I cannot bear to get another one ruined)

I found LYX was more open in AOL BTS, and he did get uncomfortable while talking about skinships there. But its better this behind , no more Drama behind Drama pls.

14 hours ago, Zay❤️ said:

i have no idea who’s gonna be in the fan meeting besides our OTP

i just hope someone will share and post our OTP fan meeting today on youtube or instagram... see them both again (off-screen) makes me excited haha..

I can't watch the fanmeeting because I am nowhere near a computer at that time. 

:crymeme:

Looking at LYX during the BTS, he can be quite playful and funny. I suppose he is the oldest among BaiLu and GHY so during the interview he seemed to be more reserved. And BaiLu looks like she can tease GHY terribly but not as terribly to LYX. 

LYX did give out a lot of spoilers during that interview. I had to LOL when I realised which scene he was talking about. He even mentioned the snow kiss!

I hope people can update what happens at the fanmeet. *YOU LUCKY PEOPLE!*

2 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

I can't watch the fanmeeting because I am nowhere near a computer at that time. 

Looking at LYX during the BTS, he can be quite playful and funny. I suppose he is the oldest among BaiLu and GHY so during the interview he seemed to be more reserved. And BaiLu looks like she can tease GHY terribly but not as terribly to LYX. 

LYX did give out a lot of spoilers during that interview. I had to LOL when I realised which scene he was talking about. He even mentioned the snow kiss!

I hope people can update what happens at the fanmeet. *YOU LUCKY PEOPLE!*

There should be a recording available for those who can’t make it during the live broadcast. Some fans will make their own recordings too.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote Images, thanks!

https://m.weibo.cn/7339882702/4563553094733934

For those who wants to watch the entire fanmeet, here it is. 

Bai Lu seems very close to LYX. In her ending remarks, she mentioned that filming LIS was extremely healing for her because she was also going through a difficult period that time and that LYX knows what's going on. She mentioned that the 4 months of filming LIS was like a dream and she is very happy when she gets to meet Yuan Shuai at the film set as if she is meeting her boyfriend. She then corrected herself (wanting to be politically correct and not associating herself with LYX but rather from the viewpoint of JJ). She added that the actors chat group for LIS is still very active and LIS is definitely one of the best drama group that she has ever been. 

I like how frank and comfortable both are with each other. There's no awkwardness between them and they are probably good friends offline. I'll stick to shipping them onscreen rather than in real life. Loving both their personalities!

• Like 4

I have reached a point with many couples to just have fun shipping but don't get too serious about it. It adds pressure to the actors themselves.

I like seeing fanmeets where the actors are comfortable with each other and they do provide fan-service. LOL. This is one of the best CP who gave lots of fan service and they sincerely look like they like each other (not as a purely romantic sense but that they look like friends who can joke and be themselves around each other)

Plus they sang LOVE IS! I hoped they would sing this somehow somewhere and I can't believe they sang it!

Bai Lu sounded nervous in the beginning (LYX more confident) but then he was slowly encouraging her and in the end it was good fun. 

We have 6 more episodes to go and I am sure we will see more coupley moments. Looking forward to the drama ending with a bang!

PS @nuttyz I am sad to hear that BaiLu was having a difficult time. It did look like she had fun on set with everyone, cast and crew. Good to know it was a healing drama for her, like it was for everyone who is watching the drama too. 

And she mentioned LYX knew about this too? 

• Like 3

Yes .. what made her sad... before the filming of Love is Sweet, what was the drama before that? .... its funny why twitter has a lot of the couple fan meet updates. For non-mandarin speakers...

Which makes me curious... is Leo Cantonese since i have heard of him singing and talking in cantonese?

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

Yes .. what made her sad... before the filming of Love is Sweet, what was the drama before that? .... its funny why twitter has a lot of the couple fan meet updates. For non-mandarin speakers...

Which makes me curious... is Leo Cantonese since i have heard of him singing and talking in cantonese?

She just said she was going through something and filming the drama helped her to heal. She didn’t go into any details. Before that, she was in Song of Youth which wrapped in Aug. https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1f64y1F7J5?from=seopage

https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1hk4y117AJ?from=seopage

LYX is from Sichuan.

19 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

She just said she was going through something and filming the drama helped her to heal. She didn’t go into any details. Before that, she was in Song of Youth which wrapped in Aug. https://m.bilibili.com/video/BV1f64y1F7J5?from=seopage

LYX is from Sichuan.

isn’t there was a rumour that Xukai and her broke up? It was supposed to be around mid June I think. If she did date xukai and then broke up with him and that’s what make her sad, I’ll be extremely disappointed since I do ship those two together. I love Bailu and Leo, and I hope she find a good husband, but she’s quite young still, so she isn’t going to date anyone seriously atm. And yea, I prefer shipping them in the drama rather than irl to avoid adding unnecessary pressure on them and in a sense ruining their relationship and any chance they might have together :P

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

PS @nuttyz I am sad to hear that BaiLu was having a difficult time. It did look like she had fun on set with everyone, cast and crew. Good to know it was a healing drama for her, like it was for everyone who is watching the drama too. 

And she mentioned LYX knew about this too? 

Yeap, she mentioned "LYX knows what this drama means to me and what I was going through during that time" 

She didn't specifically mention what happened during the interview. But some on weibo was discussing about it could be because she and her family was under attack because of her dating rumours with Xu Kai. The C-Netz were trashing her and her family during that period. But again, we don't know what specific circumstamce she was going through. Happy to see that she healed from filming this drama. You can see how much she adores and treasures everyone. Her new drama "Overlord" just premiered and there's barely any mention on her weibo if you compare to the amount of promo she did for LIS.