Quantcast
Jump to content

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love Is Sweet 半是蜜糖半是伤


Recommended Posts

Hmm... u know, one grevience if i call it as such, is the way they communicated the day after they slept together... they didnt talk, just cooking and going to office the next day.... i wish there was more heart to heart talk after that?... coz there was much misunderstanding between them, so its great of they could talk...

 

Cant wait for the next episode!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He doesn’t have any kissing scenes in Ashes of love, but he really shines in the emotional scenes.    I’m glad Bai Lu isn’t too self-conscious to look like she enjoys the kissing scenes, and to

Thankyou for that to writers, saves us the pain of watching Even 40 year olds just Looking into each others eye and not even Kissing. 

BailLu has strong roles in general. I watched The Legends, Arsenal Military Academy and Luckys First Love and in all of the three she was excellent. Always trusted her partner and never let them down

Skimming through the most recent episodes (like skimming for OTP moments and not listening to any dialogue or plot, so correct me if I’ve got it wrong), but it seems like YS has to go rogue to uncover the truth about JJ’s dad. Maybe he breaks up with her and doesn’t tell her why because if she knows she could be in trouble as an accomplice, and so she believes he’s just another cold hearted investment banker who plays dirty. As for DL, I guess DL admits he was part of what happened to her dad and she can’t forgive him? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone in Dramalist discussion on LIS gave faster eng sub links of ep 25 and 26, :heart:

 

So now why did Li Taimo wants to destroy JJ's father's business?

 

It surprised me how smartly and expensively dressed Yuan Shuai is in this drama... and with a classy car, which looks so big for him... did they filmed this drama last year since it seemed it was winter, hence the coats...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Someone in Dramalist discussion on LIS gave faster eng sub links of ep 25 and 26, :heart:

 

So now why did Li Taimo wants to destroy JJ's father's business?

 

It surprised me how smartly and expensively dressed Yuan Shuai is in this drama... and with a classy car, which looks so big for him... did they filmed this drama last year since it seemed it was winter, hence the coats...


I wonder if the fact they’ve got big stars means that big brands are sponsoring them? Luo Yun Xi has huge star power at the moment.


Lots of male actors play CEOs in suits but I think Luo Yun Xi knocks it out the park for wearing the suits well and stylishly. I’ve never really noticed a C-Drama with such expensive and well put together outfits before. Kdramas have it down to an art, but C-Dramas have always been behind.

 

I really love Qiao Na, she’s always got a Victorian spin to her outfits and gothic make up. It makes her stand out. 
 

Someone on MDL mentioned the absence of the second couple in the last episode. I wonder if they re-edit it to respond to the audience reception? Like replace second couple with longer OTP cuddles? That’s assuming the Chinese audience similarly found the second couple annoying! 

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:


I wonder if the fact they’ve got big stars means that big brands are sponsoring them? Luo Yun Xi has huge star power at the moment.


Lots of male actors play CEOs in suits but I think Luo Yun Xi knocks it out the park for wearing the suits well and stylishly. I’ve never really noticed a C-Drama with such expensive and well put together outfits before. Kdramas have it down to an art, but C-Dramas have always been behind.

 

I really love Qiao Na, she’s always got a Victorian spin to her outfits and gothic make up. It makes her stand out. 
 

Someone on MDL mentioned the absence of the second couple in the last episode. I wonder if they re-edit it to respond to the audience reception? Like replace second couple with longer OTP cuddles? That’s assuming the Chinese audience similarly found the second couple annoying! 

 

There are other C actors who do Look good in Tuxedos, its just that Luo Yunxi himself has been in his first ever Modern Drama.that he really Rocks it.Its a Pleasure to see Him in a Modern Getup.

 

If the PDs really cut the Second OTP moments it should be a Blessing in disguise.C dramas are notorious for cutting the main OTP and stretching shows with Second leads and Second OTP in longer episodic shows.I guess this was Originally a 40 episodic show it got reduced to 36 episodes hence we got the balanced portions.

 

Also Luo Yunxi being in Top 10 Powerstar took a long long time, he does have a Decent fan following but this Show is the One which actually Propelled His popularity.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Hmm... u know, one grevience if i call it as such, is the way they communicated the day after they slept together... they didnt talk, just cooking and going to office the next day.... i wish there was more heart to heart talk after that?... coz there was much misunderstanding between them, so its great of they could talk...

 

Cant wait for the next episode!

Did you watch all the episodes? Because i dont want to spoil it so ignore my words if you havent watched them yet.

 

Before they got together they always talked after work. Also, after her mom called , she talked to him about her father. Unless you mean they talk about what they did in the last 10 years, maybe?

 

 

2 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

Skimming through the most recent episodes (like skimming for OTP moments and not listening to any dialogue or plot, so correct me if I’ve got it wrong), but it seems like YS has to go rogue to uncover the truth about JJ’s dad. Maybe he breaks up with her and doesn’t tell her why because if she knows she could be in trouble as an accomplice, and so she believes he’s just another cold hearted investment banker who plays dirty. As for DL, I guess DL admits he was part of what happened to her dad and she can’t forgive him? 

Now, i think its about him resigning without discussing it with her. In the trailer for ep28, he leaves the company .. she calls him liar because he will work abroad for a while maybe? He will leave when he promised he wouldnt do that.

 

2 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Someone in Dramalist discussion on LIS gave faster eng sub links of ep 25 and 26, :heart:

 

So now why did Li Taimo wants to destroy JJ's father's business?

 

It surprised me how smartly and expensively dressed Yuan Shuai is in this drama... and with a classy car, which looks so big for him... did they filmed this drama last year since it seemed it was winter, hence the coats...

Chinese dramas have big budget often. Not only YS, JJ also wears luxury brands. Even at home she wears Celine:joy: .. In the interview LYX said they work in banks and they earn alot, so to match that image they wear expensive brands and drive Porche, BMW and Mercedes  (qiao ni) ....

 

LYX was always semipopular but this one is his most popular drama and first modern drama so he is new to modern drama audience and they are falling for him lol.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tuned in this week and caught up with this drama and posting my review. 

 

Spoiler

 

I love watching “Chinese” dramas because of exactly that , they are Chinese. The linguistics (I would never wish to watch a Chinese drama with an English  dubbing…yes reading is harder, but it’s the total package of sounds and enunciation, music and art that create visions for me , as well as deep desire to speak Mandarin LOL at my age  )

 

C-dramas for me encompass multitude of worlds; the socio cultural achievements, particular system of values and principles of conduct, the creative skill and imagination, the original and the antique , the mortal and immortal Gods and Goddesses .

 

I am totally for Rom Com , and the  Male lead is absolutely gorgeous :blush: , and definitely on my radar for future dramas.

 

The reason I am not into this specific drama unfortunately is because of , how to describe it,   “dark and American soap opera vibe or mindset , you know the ones that it always has to show the sick and the demented , the murders and the ‘normal’ or what they call real, but for me it’s the lack of creativity and using ‘normal /real’ is a lack of excellent screenwriting.

I get those on daily news , every day , every hour and that is why my tv has stayed shut for the past few years . 

ok send me back to the kitchen . 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Zay❤️ said:

LYX was always semipopular but this one is his most popular drama and first modern drama so he is new to modern drama audience and they are falling for him lol.

IKR, I mean pardon me but I still think him in AOL was his best Work Yet, what a range that Character had.But Glad people are noticing him now more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, madmad min said:

IKR, I mean pardon me but I still think him in AOL was his best Work Yet, what a range that Character had.But Glad people are noticing him now more.

I forgot he filmed Broker with Victoria. It was supposed to air ages ago but they keep delaying it ....:vicx:

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

 

It surprised me how smartly and expensively dressed Yuan Shuai is in this drama... and with a classy car, which looks so big for him... did they filmed this drama last year since it seemed it was winter, hence the coats...

 

The drama started shooting from 21 Nov 2019 till 28 March 2020. By then the leads had acquired a certain level of popularity. Mango is one of its sponsors.

 

Originally, Yuan Bing Yan was supposed to be the secondary female lead but she bypassed her company when accepting the role so it didn’t work out eventually.

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no, the breakup is tonight. Looks like YS broke up with JJ. Preview from iqiyi. 

 

YS: i booked tonight's flight out of the country. Probably, probably will not be coming back. Let's just say our farewell here.

JJ: Are you break.... breaking up with me?

YS: If you want to think of it that way, it's ok.

JJ:  OK. Look at me in the eyes and say it again. YS, look at me! 

YS (looks at her in the eye): Is that enough? I am going to miss my flight. Why, still not giving up? Do you need a good bye kiss to remember our short and laughable love? Ok.

YS leans in.....

 

https://www.iqiyi.com/v_10p1qlrm0wg.html?vfrm=pcw_home&vfrmblk=B&vfrmrst=fcs_0_p11#curid=3739396370111100_83c318afa43a484bb45f063d5edb69d0

 

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

 

Please please let them make up during tomorrow's episode!!!!

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2020 at 10:10 PM, cantbreathe said:

I feel like lots of actresses try hard to look cute or sweet and it’s unnatural. She also doesn’t have annoying cutesy voice, which helps. I didn’t realise I was such a big fan of Bai Lu until I wrote this, haha. 

I agree on that part, My fav actresses do that as well if not voice then expressions. Bailu stands next to MA Sichun in being natural and not OTT in being cute.

Ahh C drama kisses, Hero always mostly does the maximum work, even the best Cps in chemistry have Passionate Pecks not kisses it just makes you mad beyond imaginations. Then again it may have to do with the Censorship parts, C drama currently have really great kissing scenes post 2019 end (Love and Redemption, Dating in Kitchen , Love is Sweet etc), the censorships may have led to pecks not kisses earlier.

One dosent need to see LYX paired with anyone in AOL. LYX stands on his own in AOL , His character as per me did not need to be with the FL, but it is his best work , you can see him shine as an actor there.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sannie said:

Oh no, the breakup is tonight. Looks like YS broke up with JJ. Preview from iqiyi. 

 

YS: i booked tonight's flight out of the country. Probably, probably will not be coming back. Let's just say our farewell here.

JJ: Are you break.... breaking up with me?

YS: If you want to think of it that way, it's ok.

JJ:  OK. Look at me in the eyes and say it again. YS, look at me! 

YS (looks at her in the eye): Is that enough? I am going to miss my flight. Why, still not giving up? Do you need a good bye kiss to remember our short and laughable love? Ok.

YS leans in.....

 

https://www.iqiyi.com/v_10p1qlrm0wg.html?vfrm=pcw_home&vfrmblk=B&vfrmrst=fcs_0_p11#curid=3739396370111100_83c318afa43a484bb45f063d5edb69d0

 

Please please let them make up during tomorrow's episode!!!!

I am not going to watch it tonight. I will wait till they make up tomorrow ..... :criesariver:

 

 

Edit:

 

Their break up is trending #5 on weibo lmaooooo

 

Bailu and LYX both posted about the break up but BL post was touching :tears:

 

"Your hero, he will hug you when you are cold, cover your eyes when you want to cry, and find you as soon as you are in danger.

He has always fulfilled his promise, as long as you feel sad, cry out, he will definitely catch you behind your back.

 

He has no colorful clouds and no fairy tales.

But he loves you more than everything in the world, more than anyone."

 

Sorry its by google translate lol

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The drama staff made a weibo account for their dog Wangkai lmao. He explains the break up from different POvs lmao

 

" About #袁帅江君分手# This princess would like to say that

 

from the perspective of Baba,

choosing to break up with Mama temporarily is basically the only option. The relationship between Baba and Mama should be regarded as an open secret in MH. Lin Taimo is obviously a bad guy. I know that there are only two weaknesses in Baba’s world, one is Ma Ma, and the other is grandparents. Lin Taimo accurately pokes these two weaknesses of Baba. Protecting the beloved is not an option for Baba. It's a necessity. Besides, Baba, as smart as I am, would not have thought that Lin Taimo knew about Baba Mama living together? Did you think Lin Taimo would watch his flight schedule? Wanting to fool Lin Taimo requires not only superficial effort, but most importantly, a hemp reaction in place! If Baba is gone, Lin Taimo will surely guess that Baba is just a shot as usual after Baba is gone.

As for why Baba said such ugly words, please! Puppies can guess, it must be for "realistic effect", otherwise how could Ma Ma be really angry!

 

From the perspective of Ma Ma,

believing in Baba has never been a choice, but a necessity. The conversation between Ma Ma and Uncle Du is already very obvious. Ma Ma has never believed what Baba said from beginning to end, and even she was very alert to Uncle Du from start to finish. Ma Ma has also done a lot of work in a certain sense. Only by forming a combination of inside and outside with Baba, can this battle be fought so beautifully.

 

As for the breakup

sisters, do you remember the question Ma Ma asked on the plane? Will Baba let Ma Ma never cry? According to the normal routine, he should always answer "no", but Baba answered that he will always be behind Ma Ma.

Baba did indeed do it, and Ma Ma always believed that, so after breaking up, Ma Ma shed tears, Baba sent Ma Ma to the hospital, Ma Ma has not cried since Grandpa died, Ma Ma is a very strong People, she never cry for things that she thinks are not worthy, so she will cry because she knows that Baba will not break her promise.

 

If my sisters ask me, where is the love of Baba Mama’s parents that touches me the most

 

Then I think it’s like this problem. In an idealized world, love is a one-way street, with only one direction and only one way. But in the real world, even people who match 100% will definitely have friction and each other. Cooperation, there will be compromise, there will be mutual trust.

 

At the beginning of the half-sugar world, Baba chose to make decisions for Ma Ma. He said Ma Ma is a person who is allergic to tears. He does not believe in Ma Ma’s strength, and Ma Ma felt that Baba was bullying him by doing things. But now, the relationship between Baba and Mama has long since changed. Baba does not need to question Mama's strength. When he makes the right choice he thinks is the right choice, he does not worry about being misunderstood like the beginning of the story. As for Mama, she Never again will he not believe his brother Yuanyuan.

 

Relying on favor and arrogance, revealing and revealing, after all, this deliberate breakup is all about preparing for the opening of the granary when the reconciliation is good! Isn't it a good thing for two people who have the same mind to do anything?

 

From being shocked by the brains of the sisters who abused themselves, there is sugar in hand and not afraid of #半是蜜糖半是伤#The world's first princess Yuan Wangcai aka Jiang WangcaiWeibo video of Alice Nen Wang Yuan Wangcai aka Jiang Wangcai "

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

I loved how in today's episode, JJ figured all out on her own via deductions, it is very in line with her character. Her character supposedly graduated top of the class with am double Masters in Psychology and Economics. 

 

I get very annoyed when the FL started strong at the beginning and suddenly becomes dumb and resort to being a damsel in distress. She's really a rare character in East Asian romcoms who doesn't need a prince to save her every trouble. I also really liked that she stood up to YS in yesterday's episode saying that she wants to tackle the colleague issue on her own. Particularly loved the "I'm an independent woman, I don't want to rely on my husband" remark while she fell asleep on YS shoulder. It is very consistent with her character. 

 

 

BaiLu is just lovely in this character. She's cute but I think having a deep voice and somewhat matured look makes her character a lot more believable as a fresh and naive investment banking analyst. You'll need to look like you have some brains, carry some depth in your speech but still look pretty for a ridiculously hot man to wait for you for more than 10 years. There's not a lot of actress who can pull off a freshie Inv. Banking analyst who can look the part but still pull off the aegyo. 

 

And then pair her with LYX, I just died and went to LIS heaven. My favourites have got to be those natural pecks and kisses (on the sofa, in the cut bts scenes at the airplane) . It's just so real, I'm rooting for them to be together in real life!! 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though i skipped certain parts, esp the 2nd lead scenes, it doesnt mean that i didnt see all the leads interaction, haha... i mean yes they did talk but i wish it was more... romantic.. i mean, its ur first time to be with each other, and i mean sex..  im sure there must be things to talk about, other than their short dialogue in the morning after..... hahaa

 

Well, ep28 is not so bad, yes they broke up but JJ immediatedly knows he was lying and by the end of ep28, she knows Du Lei was working with him. Hah!

 

Man, the subs aired so fast.. am glad to get the new links to watch drama where the subs are uploaded faster... 

 

Also, despite more and more audience watching LIS, the ratings at Dramalist is consistant at 8.9*.... Congratulations! :heart:

 

Ah, i have not watched AOL, so i dont know who Leo was... but am glad he is getting the recognition as he should. Maybe because ive just watch college dramas - well the top dramas seemed to be collegue related - love 020, put your head on my shoulder or le coupe de fonder? - hence less people were dressed smartly, expensive and drives a porsche.... its about time there are more modern dramas in the chinese entertainment industry than wuxia? More modern drama attarcts more international audience, just like the koreans?

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, nuttyz said:
  Hide contents

I loved how in today's episode, JJ figured all out on her own via deductions, it is very in line with her character. Her character supposedly graduated top of the class with am double Masters in Psychology and Economics. 

 

I get very annoyed when the FL started strong at the beginning and suddenly becomes dumb and resort to being a damsel in distress. She's really a rare character in East Asian romcoms who doesn't need a prince to save her every trouble. I also really liked that she stood up to YS in yesterday's episode saying that she wants to tackle the colleague issue on her own. Particularly loved the "I'm an independent woman, I don't want to rely on my husband" remark while she fell asleep on YS shoulder. It is very consistent with her character. 

 

 

BaiLu is just lovely in this character. She's cute but I think having a deep voice and somewhat matured look makes her character a lot more believable as a fresh and naive investment banking analyst. You'll need to look like you have some brains, carry some depth in your speech but still look pretty for a ridiculously hot man to wait for you for more than 10 years. There's not a lot of actress who can pull off a freshie Inv. Banking analyst who can look the part but still pull off the aegyo. 

 

And then pair her with LYX, I just died and went to LIS heaven. My favourites have got to be those natural pecks and kisses (on the sofa, in the cut bts scenes at the airplane) . It's just so real, I'm rooting for them to be together in real life!! 

BailLu has strong roles in general. I watched The Legends, Arsenal Military Academy and Luckys First Love and in all of the three she was excellent. Always trusted her partner and never let them down or act like damsel in distress waiting to be saved ... She is cute yet strong when she needs to. She is also beautiful and i think she has unique face among her peers tbh (this is my opinion).. she can pull off the cute face, the elegant look and can act like a boy (in AMA) ... She is flawless. I hope she will have a great career, she deserves that.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...