Someday or One Day

xX2e3f.jpg

Episodes: 13

Aired: Nov 17, 2019 - ?

Aired On: Sunday

Original Network: CTVCTV

Duration: 1 hr. 30 min.

Story:

Are you my imagination or illusion? If I could go through the time of the universe from 2019 to 1998, it's all because of you. 

Cast:

Alice Ke in Someday or One Day Taiwanese Drama (2019)
Alice Ke
Huang Yu Xuan | Chen Yun Ru
Main Role
Greg Hsu in Someday or One Day Taiwanese Drama (2019)
Greg Hsu
Li Zi Wei | Wang Quan Sheng
Main Role
Patrick Shih in Someday or One Day Taiwanese Drama (2019)
Patrick Shih
Mo Jun Jie
Main Role
Zhang Guang Chen in Someday or One Day Taiwanese Drama (2019)
Zhang Guang Chen
A Tuo
Support Role
Wen Yi Guo in Someday or One Day Taiwanese Drama (2019)
Wen Yi Guo
Kun Bu
Support Role
Hana Lin in Someday or One Day Taiwanese Drama (2019)
Hana Lin
Xiao Dai
Support Role

long teaser:

OST

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Chinese are just fascinated with time travel aren't they LoL?! Just recently, in the news China has plans to explore Mars next year. 

I find plots like these to have messy execution & this is no different. It's hard to follow that there's 2 versions of the otp living in separate alternate universes? Yeah my head hurts. 

What does pull this mess together is the cast. Already I feel bad for Mo Jun Jie.. 

On 1/2/2020 at 12:28 AM, Slyphykougn said:

This series is super interesting but also makes my head hurt. So the guy jumps into another body after his car accident? But then why does she get the Walkman from old guy who looks like wqs but is...someone else?

So far from Episode 1-8, we only know that:

Spoiler
  • LZW and WQS are two different people / characters
  • Young LZW came back to Taiwan (from Canada) in 2003 for summer break
  • The young LZW got into a car accident after trying to visit MJJ
  • Because of the accident, the soul of young LZW was able to time travel forward (from 2003 to 2010) into the body of WQS
  • The reason LZW's soul was able to enter WQS' body was because WQS had committed suicide at the same time of the car accident. 
  • The older guy who gave the walkman to HYX is the older LZW in 2019

However, the last two scenes in episode 8 kind of threw me off. I think there might be two LZWs (the young LZW & the old LZW) existing at the same time, but I'm not sure??? I'm still trying to figure that out...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just finished episode 9 where they’re jumping between Tainan 2008 and Taipei 2010. Maybe the 2008 is a flashback since 2010 WQS(lzw soul) remembers this happening. Does he send himself back to 2008 to try to stop it? Because it seems like 2008 lzw is able to remember somehow. So 2008 lzw is before the fatal accident? Bc 2008 lzw has the limp from a car accident. Are there two car accidents? Aughhh.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 11:18 PM, Slyphykougn said:

Just finished episode 9 where they’re jumping between Tainan 2008 and Taipei 2010. Maybe the 2008 is a flashback since 2010 WQS(lzw soul) remembers this happening. Does he send himself back to 2008 to try to stop it? Because it seems like 2008 lzw is able to remember somehow. So 2008 lzw is before the fatal accident? Bc 2008 lzw has the limp from a car accident. Are there two car accidents? Aughhh.

I thought he had the accident in 2002 or 2003? I will have to go back and rewatch but yeah he come back from Canada in the early 2000s to visit his friend and got into the accident and then time travel to 2010 into WQS. Something had to have happen because some how he is also there in 2008 after his friend got out of prison. 

It's a lot of keep track of and sooo sooo mysterious. :grin: 

• Like 1

Anybody please correct me or walk me thru cos I think I'm the one who is lost here. So there are 2 Liziwei presenting at the same time sharing same memory (regarding Liziwei) but just simply living in 2 different bodied. !?!?? 
The story of the female character traveled time to 99s made sense to me until 2 boys - Liziwei (wearing glasses) and want quansheng appears and they said they want to prevent the Yunru's death. . I tried to get the stories connected form 99-2010 to 2019 in my head but somehow I feel I lost my logic here. 
So pls help me to understand this double layer traveling time ( the old school song really richard simmons me off sometimes)

Okay, I think I got it after watching episode 9 and reading some comments online. I'll put the information together in a spoiler tag below just in case anyone's still watching. 

Spoiler

So from my understanding, there are two LZWs: 

1. The LZW from 2003 in WQS' body - this is the LZW who time-traveled forward (from 2003 to 2010) into WQS's body in Episode 8. He is the one who's pursuing HYX in Episode 8 and 9. 
  2. The LZW with a cane in 2008 - this LZW is actually the LZW from 2017. After the plane crash in 2017, LZW's soul returns back to his body in 2003. He wakes up from his coma with the memory of what had happened from 2003-2017. That's why, he was able to pick up MJJ from jail in 2008 and he knew about MJJ's suicide and tried to stop him. It also explains why he was using a cane and why there was hidden LZW calling the uncle at the end of episode 8.

So by 2010, there are two different LZW existing at the same time - 1) the LZW from 2003 in WQS' body and 2) the LZW from 2017 in his own body. The LZW from 2017 will stay hidden until 2019 when he meets HYX again because he doesn't want to interfere with the flow of events that happen between 2010-2019. He hopes that when he meets HYX again in 2019, they can work together to change history (i.e. CYR's and MJJ's death). Hopefully, my explanation isn't too confusing and helps a little :). I have included a timeline below to summarize all the events and help keep track of everything:

• 1998 - CYR was attacked and HYX from 2019 was able to time-travel backward into CYR's body
  • 1999 - CYR / HYX dies and MJJ was sentenced to 9 years in prison
  • 1999-2003 - LZW went to Canada 
  • 2003 - LZW comes back to Taiwan to visit MJJ, but he got into a car accident. He went into a coma and his soul time-traveled forward into WQS' body. He was able to do this because the real WQS committed suicide in 2010**.
  • 2003* - LZW from 2017 returns back to his body after the plane crash
  • 2008 - MJJ is released from jail and LZW from 2017 picks him up.
  • 2008 - MJJ’s grandma dies and MJJ commits suicide 
  • 2010** - WQS commits suicide  and LZW’s soul from 2003 travels into WQS’s body after the car accident. He finds out from CYR’s uncle that MJJ died shortly after he was released from jail and his “physical self” was in a coma. 
  • 2011 - LZW from 2003 (in WQS' body) got admitted into university and met HYX. He starts to pursue her.
  • 2012-2017 - HYX and  LZW from 2013 (in WQS' body) officially becomes a couple and start their life together 
  • 2017 - LZW from 2003 (in WQS' body) dies from a plane crash and his soul returns to his body in 2003*
  • 2008-2019 - LZW from 2017 stays hidden from HYX and the LZW from 2003 (in WQS' body)
  • 2019 - HYX meets the real LZW (i.e. LZW from 2017).

Hope it helps :) !

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

10 hours ago, S.C. said:

Okay, I think I got it after watching episode 9 and reading some comments online. I'll put the information together in a spoiler tag below just in case anyone's still watching. 

Reveal hidden contents

So from my understanding, there are two LZWs: 

1. The LZW from 2003 in WQS' body - this is the LZW who time-traveled forward (from 2003 to 2010) into WQS's body in Episode 8. He is the one who's pursuing HYX in Episode 8 and 9. 
  2. The LZW with a cane in 2008 - this LZW is actually the LZW from 2017. After the plane crash in 2017, LZW's soul returns back to his body in 2003. He wakes up from his coma with the memory of what had happened from 2003-2017. That's why, he was able to pick up MJJ from jail in 2008 and he knew about MJJ's suicide and tried to stop him. It also explains why he was using a cane and why there was hidden LZW calling the uncle at the end of episode 8.

So by 2010, there are two different LZW existing at the same time - 1) a LZW from 2003 in WQS' body and 2) a LZW from 2017 in his own body. The LZW from 2017 will stay hidden until 2019 when he meets HYX again because he doesn't want to interfere with the flow of events that happens between 2010-2019. He hopes that when he meets HYX again in 2019, they can work together to change history (i.e. CYR's and MJJ's death). Hopefully, my explanation isn't too confusing and helps a little :). I have included a timeline below to summarize all the events and help keep track of everything:

• 1998 - CYR was attacked and HYX from 2019 was able to time-travel backward into CYR's body
  • 1999 - CYR / HYX dies and MJJ was sentenced to 9 years in prison
  • 1999-2003 - LZW went to Canada 
  • 2003 - LZW comes back to Taiwan to visit MJJ, but he got into a car accident. He went into a coma and his soul time-traveled forward into WQS' body. He was able to do this because the real WQS committed suicide.
  • 2003* - LZW from 2017 returns back to his body after the plane crash
  • 2008 - MJJ is released from jail and LZW from 2017 picks him up.
  • 2008 - MJJ’s grandma dies and MJJ commits suicide 
  • 2010 - WQS commits suicide  and LZW’s soul from 2003 travels into WQS’s body after the car accident. He finds out from CYR’s uncle that MJJ died shortly after he was released from jail and his “physical self” was in a coma. 
  • 2011 - LZW from 2003 (in WQS' body) got admitted into university and met HYX. He starts to pursue her.
  • 2012-2017 - HYX and  LZW from 2013 (in WQS' body) officially becomes a couple and start their life together 
  • 2017 - LZW from 2003 (in WQS' body) dies from a plane crash and his soul returns to his body in 2003*
  • 2008-2019 - LZW from 2017 stays hidden from HYX and the LZW from 2003 (in WQS' body)
  • 2019 - HYX meets the real LZW (the one hiding).

Hope it helps :) !

About next episode: 

Spoiler

It looks like something is going to either happen in 2008 or 2019 because it looks like LZW get's attack... and just some observation, but there is that scar on his right forehead... that he doesn't seem to have in 2008. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JoyceDreamer said:

About next episode: 

Hide contents

It looks like something is going to either happen in 2008 or 2019 because it looks like LZW get's attack... and just some observation, but there is that scar on his right forehead... that he doesn't seem to have in 2008. 

Spoiler

The next episode's preview looks sooo intense! I was so shocked and sad when I saw the last scene. The next episode will be an emotional one! It's going to focus on HYX and LZW in 2019 and I believe the one being attacked is the real LZW in 2019. I really hope he survives!!! I think it's the crazy psychologist (i.e their high school classmate) who is attacking LZW :(

In regards to his scar, I think it was there in 2008...but I'm not entirely sure since the quality of the video I watched wasn't the greatest. I believe the scar and his limping was a result of the car accident in 2003. That's why people knew there were two LZWs.

Here are two previews posted on the drama's official Facebook page for Episode 10:

Preview #1

Preview #2 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How come no one is talking about this drama? I'm watching it right now and I have to say it's one of the best dramas I've watched in recent years. And this is not K-drama, J-drama, or C-drama. It's a T-drama! I've always thought lesser of Taiwanese dramas but this one outshines many K-dramas and C-dramas. It's not a simple story line yet the weaving of the plot is tight and engaging. And many of the dialogues and monologues speak right into the heart...and about human condition.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 10:54 PM, crackaddict said:

I just finished watching this and it is as good as everyone says!! I sat around and sighed so much over the last two episodes. 

Me too!! It was such an emotional last two episodes. It brought out a range of emotions and thoughts that left me thinking about each character and the story line even when the drama ended. I thought the last episode was particularly deep and powerful as it tied everything together nicely in a meaningful way. I cried way more than I had expected, which doesn't happen often. This drama is very touching and cleverly written. I really enjoyed it to bits and I am glad that you felt the same way too :)!

• Like 2

I totally recommended the show to all of my friends haha! This is one of those series that I feel proud telling ppl that I watched and was moved by. lol. How the show treated each character was so well done!

I remember the heydays of Taiwanese dramas in the early 2000s lol and clearly felt what seemed to be a decline in the quality of Taiwanese dramas roughly around the end of 2011 (basically, when I started watching mainland dramas). I'm super excited to see Taiwan's most recent and future drama offerings. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1