[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] The Golden Hairpin 青簪行 starring Yang Zi

frostflower14

9 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

are saying that it's Peng Guan Ying who will play the ML.

Just checked now, MDL lists him as ML for this drama.

I haven't seen any of his works yet. Is he good? 

12 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Her 2024 gift box has images of her characters, one of them being her character in this drama

That's low key promotion or reminder of the drama! Which could also mean it will be aired soon after all the past controversies and scramble to get rid of its association to KW.

• Like 2

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MayanEcho Nope, I've not watched him act before. Someone unceremoniously labelled him as an 'old man' but I think he looks more fitting for the role than Kenny Lin. Still, this replacement is 37 years old (in real life) playing a character in the book that's meant to be early 20's, BUT that can be easily corrected in the script. The only thing is novel readers would know, else for viewers who have not been privy to the novel, he could be a prince who chose to remain a bachelor (though in those days that would be rather unlikely). :hwaiting2:

Rumour has it that it's targeting for a summer 2024 premier, coz I reckon LU4 Part 2 should be a Q1 release.

• Wiggle 1

4 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Someone unceremoniously labelled him as an 'old man' but I think he looks more fitting for the role than Kenny Lin. Still, this replacement is 37 years old (in real life) playing a character in the book that's meant to be early 20's, BUT that can be easily corrected in the script.

As if KW looks young? :expressionless: At least he was willing to take over the role else the drama is gone for good or still searching for a willing actor to play the ML.

• Like 1