[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] The Golden Hairpin 青簪行 starring Yang Zi

frostflower14

On 6/25/2021 at 9:38 PM, SC2019 said:

https://new.qq.com/omn/20210421/20210421A08WI800.html

@airgreen @tamachon @Yinye @skibbies @Gia Gia @frostflower14 @sugarplum892 @J13 @lovehuche @mrsyooknit

The article reports that The Golden Hairpin has obtained Distribution license in April this year, which probably means they got through with the Censorship Board but a later article (about 10 days ago) stated that the drama was going thru a 2nd review (whatever that means). In any case, there are no airing dates as of yet. Some rumours about July/Aug airing date, but do take this with a pinch of salt. Still, that they have gotten the distribution license means we should get to see it this year (if that's any consolation).

The second review is rumoured to be what you have to get through for in site promotion (the big banner that you see when you visit tencent's site), a fair few dramas got stuck on 2nd review, some are simply waiting for a good timing to launch during summer vacation, some are more or less up in the air. They can air the drama without 2nd review, but that basically set up for a bomb for big budget dramas, so that's fairly unlikely. (Word of Honor gave up on 2nd review by the way, but youku spent a lot of effort to promote the drama other ways and its audience are much more internet savvy + engaged, so reaching them was possible through good reputation)

If they intend to broadcast this on tv, they'll have to wait for tv scheduling, which is kind of tricky, since various stations have various plans, some might co-broadcast so they have to coordinate the schedule, some like cctv just dump shows unannounced. Waiting for tv schedule can mean you sit on a licensed drama for a year or two. 

• Like 2

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, skibbies said:

The second review is rumoured to be what you have to get through for in site promotion (the big banner that you see when you visit tencent's site), a fair few dramas got stuck on 2nd review, some are simply waiting for a good timing to launch during summer vacation, some are more or less up in the air. They can air the drama without 2nd review, but that basically set up for a bomb for big budget dramas, so that's fairly unlikely. (Word of Honor gave up on 2nd review by the way, but youku spent a lot of effort to promote the drama other ways and its audience are much more internet savvy + engaged, so reaching them was possible through good reputation)

If they intend to broadcast this on tv, they'll have to wait for tv scheduling, which is kind of tricky, since various stations have various plans, some might co-broadcast so they have to coordinate the schedule, some like cctv just dump shows unannounced. Waiting for tv schedule can mean you sit on a licensed drama for a year or two. 

Thanks awfully for explaining what this means. With an S+, I wonder if Tencent will push for big promos or just 'wham - today's the launch'.

I just found out that this is the 100th year celebration for China Communist Party (CCP), which is why they have shows like Faith Makes Great (propaganda type). Hopefully, they don't do what they did in 2019, and put a 100-day ban on dramas that don't deliver, erh, good values. If they do, we will have to wait before certain genres can be aired.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SC2019 said:

Thanks awfully for explaining what this means. With an S+, I wonder if Tencent will push for big promos or just 'wham - today's the launch'.

I just found out that this is the 100th year celebration for China Communist Party (CCP), which is why they have shows like Faith Makes Great (propaganda type). Hopefully, they don't do what they did in 2019, and put a 100-day ban on dramas that don't deliver, erh, good values. If they do, we will have to wait before certain genres can be aired.

TV dramas have been airing ccp themed dramas constantly since May, some were interesting, but tv ratings except for cctv are all in hellhole at the moment. The next batch of dramas should be regular dramas but it'll be up against Olympics, so it'll be rough, and I doubt they are dramas that international audience are waiting for. There were all kinds of rumours about webdramas airing starting late April, but honestly, there weren't any restrictions that I could see.

• Like 2

On 6/13/2021 at 6:43 PM, SC2019 said:

Me too, my neck is sooooo long already, I went back to re-read the first book (got it on kindle) and re-google translated Books 2-4. Based on the cast, I think they will film Book 1, 3 and 4, not sure about book 2.

Hide contents

The novel in Chinese, in case anyone is interested.

https://www.51shucheng.net/yanqing/zanzhonglu

Let's watch together when it airs, ok @airgreen?

Yeppers, as long I am not busy, I will watch as soon as it airs! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@MayanEchoIts a False Rumor.First of all No A lister like Denglun or Xiao Zhan will pick up this show basically which is under official listed of No Go by NRTA. 

Second if it ever is even touched for a remake it can happen after Court Proceedings end.

Xukai may not be an A lister but the risk to touch this show is Huge. A new actor may replace KW but other than that for sure no Known actor would.

Also Xukais first drama was already in Limbo with zzh being blocked that is also down the drain, he isnt gonna pickup GHP either unless his Very glorified boss intervens to save the World.

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

I don't think any of the 3 will want to pick up what KW left off. Perhaps a newer actor with lesser fame will be attracted to it.

I Agree.

• Like 2

@madmad min It might be the investors who are unwilling to totally lose the project. :) Anyway, it's a wait and see for the drama. Re-shoot, rehaul, drama will have to be repackaged so neatly. That ML will always have that association because if re-shoot with new ML really happens, he was the reason for it. 

@Prettysup It will be a good chance for a relative newcomer provided the production is willing to pull the trigger on him. Otherwise, it will be someone well-known enough who can bring in the moolah. That is, if re-shoot is actually going to happen. 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, phuong1317 said:

it seems like Lin Gengxin might take over the role this drama might still be able to be released even though the article makes it sound like a set thing ill believe it when they start filming the reshoots 

https://www.jaynestars.com/news/lin-gengxin-replaces-kris-wu-in-the-golden-hairpin/

Oh, that's a piece of good news :partyblob:. Let's hope for the best than. 

• Blob 1

10 hours ago, phuong1317 said:

it seems like Lin Gengxin might take over the role this drama might still be able to be released even though the article makes it sound like a set thing ill believe it when they start filming the reshoots 

https://www.jaynestars.com/news/lin-gengxin-replaces-kris-wu-in-the-golden-hairpin/

The rumour appeared when it was decided to reshoot but they hadn’t found a replacement. So far, there is no official confirmation. Frankly, this kind of reshoot will not appeal to any popular actor unless Yangzi takes part in the reshoot but it seems like she won’t be asked to do so. Her schedule probably won’t allow also. If GX takes it up, it is probably to do Tencent a favour.

6 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

The rumour appeared when it was decided to reshoot but they hadn’t found a replacement. So far, there is no official confirmation. Frankly, this kind of reshoot will not appeal to any popular actor unless Yangzi takes part in the reshoot but it seems like she won’t be asked to do so. Her schedule probably won’t allow also. If GX takes it up, it is probably to do Tencent a favour.

BTW, this piece of news appeared right after YZ announced she has left her agency...coincidence?:huh:

6 hours ago, leo2020 said:

BTW, this piece of news appeared right after YZ announced she has left her agency...coincidence?:huh:

I think her decision not to renew could be due to a desire for more control over the kind of projects she wishes to take, as seen by the circumstances under which she signed on the project with Chengyi. I found another rumour that YZ may join the reshoot at a later stage and that GX agreed to take on the role because Tencent promised to give him two other dramas. Anyway, nothing is confirmed officially.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 8:03 PM, bluehibiscus said:

I think her decision not to renew could be due to a desire for more control over the kind of projects she wishes to take, as seen by the circumstances under which she signed on the project with Chengyi. I found another rumour that YZ may join the reshoot at a later stage and that GX agreed to take on the role because Tencent promised to give him two other dramas. Anyway, nothing is confirmed officially.

If the did re-shoot, that's okay. Because this one still one of my most anticipated dramas beside Novoland (William and Yang Zhi). I think that's good to have Lin Gengxin and Yangzhi in one frames

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] The Golden Hairpin 青簪行
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

There are rumours that by August (?) Lin Gengxin and cast will be shooting for Golden Hairpin. Scenes that can't be re-shot will be fixed using AI.

Oh my, Kenny Lin again? This is the 3rd time his name has been associated with this drama, and each time, they have come out to refute it. Well, Legend of Shen Li finished shooting in November 2022, so there was some possibility. A few months back the 2nd rumour came out, but then it turns out, he accepted the role in 玫瑰故事, A Tale of Rose with Liu Yi Fei, Wallace Huo and Tong Da Wei.

So, this makes it the 3rd round, let's see.

• Like 2

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] The Golden Hairpin 青簪行 starring Yang Zi

@MayanEcho Apparently, Yang Zi's studio confirmed that the drama is targeted for a 2024 premiere and melons
are saying that it's Peng Guan Ying who will play the ML. She has completed the reshoot for her scenes and several other actors posted a few snippets of images from their reshoot as well (i.e. Xuan Yan and Liu Yi Hang).

Her 2024 gift box has images of her characters, one of them being her character in this drama.

Makes a lot of sense as 2nd half of Lost You Forever will air this year too, and then they can ride on her popularity.

SjBep.png

the words circled in purple (from the twitter post) refer to The Golden Hairpin and her character name....

• Awesome 1