[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Golden Hairpin 青簪行

frostflower14

On 8/1/2021 at 8:32 PM, MayanEcho said:

Hopefully. It would have been my first time to watch YZ, as I'm interested with the story. :)

Yeah. The novel was interesting, I love YZ, and so it was a drama I have been waiting for for a long time. It almost made it but now it won't ever be allowed to air without any changes being made, at least to the ML role. Even then, it would not be any time soon.

Still, I am willing to wait. I do hope someone will pick it up and run with it for fans, however long that may be in the future. *fingers crossed*:Please:

On 8/2/2021 at 8:39 AM, realistic2280a said:

he doesnt really look that hot to me

I'm still scratching my head at his explosive popularity. I think it was the RAP culture and also that he was just very lucky. He secured many top top advertisers too.  Too bad for him, he didn't appreciate his wealth and luck, and didn't want to work hard at disciplining himself.

On 8/3/2021 at 12:39 AM, hush puppy said:

the Monster

Absolutely apt title for him.

4 hours ago, ElleSor said:

It's a pity what happened to this drama. It was all set and got shot down.

Yup. Such a pity. However, I am glad it got shot down. I can't imagine how I'd have felt if I'd watched it with KW in it, and even worse, him being paired with YZ. :omg:

The more I read up about him and his transgressions, the angrier I get at the way he treated those susceptible minor and young girls, the way he managed to conceal his horrible deeds for several years by paying top dough for pro-spinmasters, while he burst from popular into redhot stardom. It makes me want to...

Spoiler

Puke Icon HD Stock Images | Shutterstockand:rainbow:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

IMHO they would need not only to re-shoot the drama but to rename it as well. Because every time the name of the drama will pop up people would be like "Ohh, that Kris Wu was in it, ye?". And if there would be any re-shoot suggestions, I suppose ,  there is a huge possibility actors and their production companies could decide not to participate and to stay as far from this drama as possible, especially the main cast. Because that's not some tax fraud we are talking about...

• Like 2

@leo2020  So very true.  I know it may be very painful for the Fans of this Drama, but I think it is best to just scrap it.  What this Monster has done is so devastating.

A few days ago I was watching the Olympics Platform Diving Competition.  The remarkable 14 years old Chinese Girl, Quan Hong Chan won it superbly.  It was such a beautiful and inspiring performance.  Yet I can't help thinking of the 14 years old girl whom this Monster has destroyed.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Kris Wu has been officially arrested and charged with rape. I don't see the court granting him bail since he would be a major flight risk, so he will probably stay in jail until his trial. Saw at another site his trial probably won't happen until early next year.  I just read that the Chinese Court System has a 99% conviction rate so he is going to jail, the question will be for how long. There was no mention of any drugs charges, so I guess he can be grateful for that as sentences for drugs possession and trafficking are very harsh in China. The best Kris Wu can hope for now is a 3 year jail sentence and then deported back to Canada, but I think China government want to make an example of him so I would not be surprised if he received the maximum sentence. The article from Variety is very interesting. That the only news article actually detailing his crimes as date rape. Everyone else just using the broader terms of sexual assault.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/16/china/kris-wu-arrested-rape-intl-hnk/index.html

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/kris-wu-arrested-rape-1235042453/

https://www.soompi.com/article/1484099wpp/kris-wu-officially-arrested-on-suspicion-of-rape-in-china

RIP, The Golden Hairpin. I'll always wonder what the drama might have been like.  

16 hours ago, GiaGia said:

I wonder if they will have to reshoot everything and replace Kris Wu!!!????

Now that ML has been arrested for rape, this drama will not air.  The expense of getting a new ML/digital replacement iand reshooting is too much money and time. Add the fact the production will always be tainted by association, it's too controversial to try and air it even if they added a new cast.

12 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Some ray of hope for the drama. Who's your choice? I'm voting Xu Kai.

I don't think any of the 3 will want to pick up what KW left off. Perhaps a newer actor with lesser fame will be attracted to it.

• Like 2

@MayanEchoIts a False Rumor.First of all No A lister like Denglun or Xiao Zhan will pick up this show basically which is under official listed of No Go by NRTA. 

Second if it ever is even touched for a remake it can happen after Court Proceedings end.

Xukai may not be an A lister but the risk to touch this show is Huge. A new actor may replace KW but other than that for sure no Known actor would.

Also Xukais first drama was already in Limbo with zzh being blocked that is also down the drain, he isnt gonna pickup GHP either unless his Very glorified boss intervens to save the World.

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

I don't think any of the 3 will want to pick up what KW left off. Perhaps a newer actor with lesser fame will be attracted to it.

I Agree.

• Like 2

@madmad min It might be the investors who are unwilling to totally lose the project. :) Anyway, it's a wait and see for the drama. Re-shoot, rehaul, drama will have to be repackaged so neatly. That ML will always have that association because if re-shoot with new ML really happens, he was the reason for it. 

@Prettysup It will be a good chance for a relative newcomer provided the production is willing to pull the trigger on him. Otherwise, it will be someone well-known enough who can bring in the moolah. That is, if re-shoot is actually going to happen.