[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] The Golden Hairpin 青簪行

frostflower14

Aw I was looking forward to this one but I’m fairly certain it won’t air. Really disappointing news and regardless of the outcome, I think there’s too much bad press on KW now for the drama to go ahead. Also agree with the above comments that generally when something like this happens, the drama just gets cut as opposed to changing a lead actor/actress.

I feel bad for Yang Zi. She’s got a few dramas lined up though so hope those ones go well!

• Like 2

On 7/24/2021 at 12:29 PM, sugarplum892 said:

sigh...and i was looking forward to this....

tell me about it. The saga continues with KW, interesting twist,

Spoiler

now a guy is identified as someone who stirred up the issue and made some money out of KW's mum by leveraging on one of the accused's so-call relationship with KW. The guy, a fraudster has been charged by the police. Other cases are being investigated, let's see where this goes. Never know, things may just blow over. One can but have hope. (and I say this not because I don't want justice to be upheld if the accusations are true but as someone who just hopes that the drama will be aired for all the work that's been put in.)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

On 7/21/2021 at 5:14 AM, SC2019 said:

Well, just know that I am in front of the Drama Gods altar, making (imaginary) offerings right now. I hope someone somewhere figures out a way to turn things around, this was an S+ drama after all. :please:

on a side note, it's quite hilarious that all this while, the thread was fairly quiet. And it got moving for all the wrong reasons. ROFL.

Yes, it will be very disappointing if this drama never airs since it is a high quality production all around as it was produced and directed by the same people who did Ten Miles Peach Blossom. Add in FL Yang Zi plus a very promising script, and this drama just looked soo good. 

We will have to wait and see what happens with Kris Wu scandal investigation to find out if there is a chance of this drama ever airing, but for sure it's going to be a while. 

• Like 2

On 7/25/2021 at 2:43 AM, SC2019 said:

as someone who just hopes that the drama will be aired for all the work that's been put in.

Ditto. I do hope this drama will see the light of day, somehow someday. It has my bias (Yang Zi) starring in it. is based on an interesting novel and from the looks of the teaser, promises to be a great production. PD Lin and PD Guo, please don't dump it into the trash bin. Please fight for changes as and when needed, and bring it to us/fans who have been waiting for it for a long time. We are still waiting... JIA YOU! :sweats:

About the scandal:

Spoiler

https://xuan.com.my/xuan-entertainment/article/53809/wu-yi-fan-zheng-shuang-yan-chu-xie-hui

This article is so spot on about double standards. No wonder netizens are mad and crying foul!

Why are female celebrities (like ZS) being treated unfairly with ethical standards right from the start of the scandal, without waiting and giving the artist or her office a chance to explain herself/the case? On the other hand, male celebrities (like KW) are given the "wait and see how the legal side pans out" edge? Why so, China Association of Performing Arts/中国演出行业协会 (which is headed by the local Ministry of Culture)? Is sexual harrassment a lesser sin/crime? Is it not connected to ethics?

While we should all wait for the truth to be revealed while investigations are ongoing (re KW's case), what the CAPA did was unfair. I am not a fan of ZS or KW, but I do find the double standards appalling and unfair! 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

16 hours ago, -JC- said:

About the scandal:

Reveal hidden contents

https://xuan.com.my/xuan-entertainment/article/53809/wu-yi-fan-zheng-shuang-yan-chu-xie-hui

This article is so spot on about double standards. No wonder netizens are mad and crying foul!

Why are female celebrities (like ZS) being treated unfairly with ethical standards right from the start of the scandal, without waiting and giving the artist or her office a chance to explain herself/the case? On the other hand, male celebrities (like KW) are given the "wait and see how the legal side pans out" edge? Why so, China Association of Performing Arts/中国演出行业协会 (which is headed by the local Ministry of Culture)? Is sexual harrassment a lesser sin/crime? Is it not connected to ethics?

While we should all wait for the truth to be revealed while investigations are ongoing (re KW's case), what the CAPA did was unfair. I am not a fan of ZS or KW, but I do find the double standards appalling and unfair! 

How the matter was dealt with was perhaps because 

Spoiler

ZS did an international child abandonment twice over, which also made it to international news sites. This is a grave issue done by a Chinese citizen, and is a major embarrassment for China. 

IMO, ZS was swiftly cancelled because had she done her part as a parent, the children would have been back to China long time ago. I think she did also try to explain herself, as I remember there were articles of her soc med posts about that surrogacy abroad.

For KW, he was also dropped by the performing arts authority as well, but letting him explain his side is due to the nature of the accusations against him. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Spoiler

I'm disgusted to see that there are people out there who support him now that we have identified a dishonest person against him and the girls' testimonies don't count? double standards when it comes to a male idol, i hate this, now i see people saying to wait for the investigations to continue and not to condemn it, many are starting to turn against all the girls

• Like 4

Forget it. This drama will not air. Even if Kris Wu is found not guilty, the scandal alone is enough to end his career and for sure no platform will air any of his works. He's already been banned by China Entertainment Govt Agency (like Zhen Shuang was earlier) and any platform airing anything with him in it will be punished as well. Right now, Kris Wu better focus on getting the best lawyers and legal team for himself. 

http://koalasplayground.com/2021/07/31/wu-yi-fan-detained-by-chinese-police-on-suspicion-of-rape-after-investigation-into-allegations-brought-by-influencer-du-mei-zhu/

It's strange that Soompi hasn't reported on this case since KW was a member of EXO and is a popular figure for many readers of the website. I thought they would be covering this story. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Right now, Kris Wu better focus on getting the best lawyers and legal team for himself. 

Yup. Even then, it's too late to salvage his career. He has committed atrocious acts, even with a minor (girl under 14 yo). With his wealth, he'd probably be able to hire the best team of lawyers to help him get the lightest sentencing.

Breaking news:

Spoiler

Translation:

According to Beijing Pingan Daily, KW has been detained on suspicion of rape.

In response to BPD's Weibo post, the official Weibo of the news website of the Central Political and Legal Affairs Commission, quoting BPD's post:

On Chinese soil, it is necessary to abide by Chinese laws. No casual accusation nor indifference, but based on facts, and based on the law!

830.png
CR: As tagged

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

He can kiss his career goodbye for good as his arrest is featured in international news sites.

Yup. But ouch! Let's have the Golden Hairpin with a new ML and redo it all over again. The producers could easily sue him for damages to fund their re-production. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, -JC- said:

Yup. But ouch! Let's have the Golden Hairpin with a new ML and redo it all over again. The producers could easily sue him for damages to fund their re-production. 

Hopefully. It would have been my first time to watch YZ, as I'm interested with the story. :)

• Like 4

KW totally wiped out from social media... definately this drama will no longer air anytime in the future.... just like Jade Lovers... sigh... 

I dont know KW.... he doesnt really look that hot to me, based on  the pictures from various outlets? :ph34r:

• Like 3

According to "Sohu News", it seems that he not only raped the 14 years' old girl after making her drunk.  She was Gang-Raped by his staff as well.  All these were shown by the Hotel's video records.  The video also showed his staff stealthily took snapshots of him in the act. 

The girl later developed psychological problems and her father was also injured by this Monster.

It was his mother who did him in.  Because it was his mother who made a Police Report, thinking that her darling son was innocent and blackmailed.  Du Mei Zhu had never intended to make a police report.  She still had a soft spot for him.  What an irony

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Blob 1

57 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

According to "Sohu News", it seems that he not only raped the 14 years' old girl after making her drunk.  She was Gang-Raped by his staff as well.  All these were shown by the Hotel's video records.  The video also showed his staff stealthily took snapshots of him in the act. 

The girl later developed psychological problems and her father was also injured by this Monster.

It was his mother who did him in.  Because it was his mother who made a Police Report, thinking that her darling son was innocent and blackmailed.  Du Mei Zhu had never intended to make a police report.  She still had a soft spot for him.  What an irony

So mama went to the police to protect her son, only to find out he's the real preadator abuser. Ironic indeed. And if the news is accurate with the 14 year old victim, the actions of his staff and him had shown that they weren't afraid to do it, and they had previously done it.

• Like 5

Kris Wu now under investigation for drugs charges as well since women claimed he used roofies in the drinks to drug them. I read at another site police investigating if he imported the drugs as well. If these charges are proved true that he imported drugs and/or drug possession, then even if he is found not guilty of rape charges he will be facing major jail time for the drugs alone. 

http://koalasplayground.com/2021/08/01/severity-of-criminal-investigation-escalates-in-wu-yi-fan-detention-as-chinese-police-reveals-hes-also-suspected-of-drug-distribution/

Anyway, the drama is officially banned: http://koalasplayground.com/2021/08/02/c-drama-adaptation-of-the-golden-hairpin-costing-over-45-million-usd-in-production-costs-currently-banned-from-airing-after-male-lead-wu-yi-fan-is-detained-on-suspicion-of-rape-and-drug-distribution/

• Like 4

They thought with their money and influence, they could get away with it, and intimidate DMZ... never know it backfired, initially after the first police investigation and we thought he might get away with it since they say an unknown 3rd party manipulated them, then a week later, things changed dramatically... 

One thing that disturbed me is, is it  the hotel or the staff that filmed them in the act?... it must be his staff members, i read they took the videos to make sure he will stay in the company by threatening him with it in the future...honestlyz those staff members who gang raped the kid should also have punishment. Crazy people.... this is why entertainment scene is much darker than reality...

Its good that the chinese govt is very strict on this... unlike the south koreans justice system.. sigh..

• Like 3

On 8/3/2021 at 6:34 AM, realistic2280a said:

One thing that disturbed me is, is it  the hotel or the staff that filmed them in the act?... it must be his staff members, i read they took the videos to make sure he will stay in the company by threatening him with it in the future...honestlyz those staff members who gang raped the kid should also have punishment. Crazy people.... this is why entertainment scene is much darker than reality...

Its good that the chinese govt is very strict on this... unlike the south koreans justice system.. sigh..

It's the Monster's staff who stealthily photograph him with a mobile.  They took the unconscious girl into the room.  As the staff was exiting the room, he paused at the door to take a snap shot.  And the Police found it when they were checking all their mobiles for wechat and stuff.

And it seems later, they managed to "technically" restore the hotel's surveillance videos as well.  That is what the report says.

And yes. The drug is called "Obedient Water".  It renders the girls docile and easier to handle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2021 at 7:51 PM, Adidaem said:

So sick. Jaynestars reported that it’s a 13 yo. Pedophile. I hope he’s locked up for a long long time. 

https://www.jaynestars.com/news/kris-wu-suspected-of-violating-13-year-old-girl/

@Adidaem I believe this article is refering to the same case - the 14yrs old Shanghai Fan. It is an inaccuracy in news reporting. Like some news said DMZ was 17yrs when she first met this Monster. Some said she was 18yrs.

BTW, I read that this monster was already planning to escape to Canada via a Private Charter Flight. But the Legal Arm of China managed to move One Step ahead of him.

Talking of a 14 years old girl, in fact this Monster was brought in to China because of a 14 years old Chinese girl.  This girl is the daughter of a very rich biz man. (I forgot his name)  She was a huge fan of this Monster when he was still with EXO. This bizman invested in the Chinese entertainment biz via a partnership with Jackie Chan.  And together with Jackie brought this Monster to China.  

The moment he came to China, he already started sleeping with his female fans.  In 2016 Jackie helped him to brush away those adversed news by saying that everybody also have negative news. Just remain low-key and after some time these news will go away. 

Later Jackie and this bizman ended their partnership and exit the biz with this monster.

• Like 2

It's a pity what happened to this drama. It was all set and got shot down. Not that I could blame the authorities about not wanting to show this. I condemn what male actor did. Such disgusting behavior that does not deserve to be idolized by many. 

• Like 3