Quantcast
frostflower14

[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Golden Hairpin 青簪行

B60-E0486-0-AEC-4-DCC-88-E4-6-CE6-EE3-A0

At thirteen, investigative prodigy Huang Zixia had already proved herself by aiding her father in solving confounding crimes. At seventeen, she’s on the run, accused of murdering her family to escape an arranged marriage. Driven by a single-minded pursuit, she must use her skills to unmask the real killer…and clear her name.

But when Huang Zixia seeks the help of Li Shubai, the Prince of Kui, her life and freedom are bargained: agree to go undercover as his eunuch to stop a serial killer and to undo a curse that threatens to destroy the Prince’s life.

Huang Zixia’s skills are soon tested when Li Shubai’s betrothed vanishes. With a distinctively exquisite golden hairpin as her only clue, Huang Zixia investigates—and discovers that she isn’t the only one in the guarded kingdom with a dangerous secret

Confirmed Cast:

Kris Wu as Li Shubai Prince of Kui

Yang Zi as Huang Zixia

• Like 1

Has anyone read the original novel this drama is based on?

Spoiler

From what I remember, this story is split into four books and the romance doesn’t really develop until around book 2.

It was mostly about Huang Zixia solving murder mysteries with the help of Li Shubai and her dead body obsessed friend/assistant Zhou Ziqin.She eventually discovers that the real culprit behind the death of her family was actually her childhood friend whom she had romantic feelings for.

There was some political intrigue involved because Li Shubai’s brother the Emperor wants to kill him. Their father the late Emperor, painted a weird picture that seemed to indicate that he wanted Li Shubai to be his heir. There’s also a deadly secret involving the little fish Li Shubai keeps in a bottle.....

5 minutes ago, frostflower14 said:

Has anyone read the original novel this drama is based on?

Hide contents

From what I remember, this story is split into four books and the romance doesn’t really develop until around book 2.

It was mostly about Huang Zixia solving murder mysteries with the help of Li Shubai and her dead body obsessed friend/assistant Zhou Ziqin.She eventually discovers that the real culprit behind the death of her family was actually her childhood friend whom she had romantic feelings for.

There was some political intrigue involved because Li Shubai’s brother the Emperor wants to kill him. Their father the late Emperor, painted a weird picture that seemed to indicate that he wanted Li Shubai to be his heir. 

I don't remember much, but I think the romance develops later than book 2 maybe 3. She keeps trying to solve different mysteries in each book and the big mystery of what happened to her family throughout them. 

Overall it was a bit meh for mystery romance, but I like the will they or won't they trope it had going all along. 

Looking forward to the drama.  Since it produces by the same producer of Ten Peach Miles Blossom and love and Destiny, I think it's going to be good.