Jang Dong Yoon 장동윤 - Upcoming Drama 2021: Joseon Exorcist

kkddrraammaa

I love the acting of Jang Dang Yoon. He's a very natural actor.  You can feel the sincerity in his acting that's why I am always carried away by his emotions.  When he cries,  I want to cry too.  When he laughs,  I want to laugh too.  When he smiles,  my day becomes complete. I also noticed that he always make a good chemistry to his leading ladies either main lead or second lead.  He has a very good humor plus the fact that he seems to be a smart guy.  Jang Dang Yoon is really making a good job. I hope a lot of dramas will come into him in the future. I am willing to watch them all. 

- Super fan from Philippines

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm back :heythere: and I'm so excited about SEARCH drama, I'm not so into horror so I hope the drama Is more of a thriller! Kkk 

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon Recalls A Horrific Memory In Teaser For New OCN Thriller “Search”

Sep 10, 2020
by E. Cha

OCN’s upcoming drama “Search” has released an intriguing new teaser!

“Search” is a new military thriller drama about a specialized search party that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and murder that take place in the demilitarized zone (DMZ).

Jang Dong Yoon will star as Yoon Dong Jin, a military dog handler and sergeant who is almost done with his mandatory military service when he is suddenly assigned to the search party. f(x)’s Krystal will play the role of Son Ye Rim, a highly intelligent and capable lieutenant who joins the investigation team as a special officer.

The suspenseful new teaser begins with Yoon Dong Jin looking troubled as he prepares to report something he’s witnessed, presumably to a superior officer. “I saw the incident right before my eyes,” he says, as the clip flashes back to Yoon Dong Jin’s memory of the disturbing event. Intercut with flashes of gunfire and a dog barking is a brief glimpse of a mysterious entity with glowing red eyes.

Yoon Dong Jin continues, “It happened in the blink of an eye, and it was horrific.”

As the clip returns to Yoon Dong Jin’s memories, the caption warns, “He will face a fear that no one has seen before.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1424699wpp/watch-jang-dong-yoon-recalls-a-horrific-memory-in-teaser-for-new-ocn-thriller-search

Jang Dong Yoon Describes How He Prepared For Role In Military Thriller Drama “Search”

Sep 17, 2020
by J. K

Jang Dong Yoon spoke about the intense process of preparation for his role in “Search”!

He stars in OCN’s upcoming military thriller drama “Search” as Yoon Dong Jin, a military dog handler and sergeant who has almost completed his mandatory service. The drama tells the story of a special search team aiming to uncover the secrets of mysterious disappearances and murder in the demilitarized zone (DMZ) between North and South Korea. Fellow cast members include Krystal, Moon Jung Hee, Yoon Park, and more.

“This is my first time taking on this genre, so I was excited,” Jang Dong Yoon said. “More than anything, I felt like I was challenging myself.”

On why he chose this drama, the actor said, “The biggest reason was the interesting script. I wanted to be in the show even more because it’s a genre that’s hard to come by.” He added, “It’s been my dream to not be limited by genre and to play many different roles. This is my first time in a genre work, and I hope that I can show a performance with a different charm than what I’ve done before.”

Jang Dong Yoon’s transformation for the role is clear in the teaser images and videos that have been released so far, with his youthful image disappearing as he becomes a tough and charismatic sergeant. In particular, a hot topic has been his muscular physique, which Jang Dong Yoon achieved with constant hard work. He said, “Sergeant Yong is a member of a search team, and he has strong physical abilities. Because of that, I built up my physique through working out and gaining weight.”

jang-dong-yoon-3.jpeg

Before filming, Jang Dong Yoon went to a dog handling training center almost every day. “Sergeant Yong’s role of hunting down the target is the most crucial and necessary task in the special search team,” he said. “The scout dog and handler’s roles and relationship were more important than anything.” He continued, “That’s why I worked hard at training. I also gained experience by going to real incident sites.”

jang-dong-yoon-2.jpeg

Jang Dong Yoon completely achieved his character’s look and acquired his fundamental skills, and the actor also used his real life experiences in his acting. “He’s someone that’s very similar to the sergeants with little time left in the military that I’d seen and also experienced being myself, so I was able to relate.” While he was acting, he added in the unique charms of Sergeant Yong, who is rebellious and rough. Although it wasn’t easy to bear the weight of a rifle, helmet, and gear while acting, he perfected the character with his passion for his performance.

jang-dong-yoon-1.jpeg

Filming for the drama was completed in pre-production. Jang Dong Yoon said, “It was good that we were able to persevere and push ahead with what was originally planned, try out using a lot of different and innovative filming technology, and focus more when we were acting too by using long takes.”

He also described how viewers will be able to experience a genre that’s not common in dramas, promising that even people without experience in the military will be able to enjoy the drama thanks to the rich storyline.

“I’m also eagerly anticipating the premiere,” he said. “I hope that viewers will tune in together with me.”

“Search” premieres on October 17, following the end of “Missing: The Other Side.”

• Guest changed the title to Jang Dong Yoon 장동윤 - Upcoming Drama 2020: Search premieres on October 17th on OCN

Jang Dong Yoon And Krystal Describe Each Other And Their Teamwork, Share Their Experiences Filming “Search,” And More

Jang Dong Yoon And Krystal Describe Each Other And Their Teamwork, Share Their Experiences Filming “Search,” And More

Oct 13, 2020
by J. K

The cast of “Search” took another step towards its much-anticipated premiere by holding a press conference on October 13.

“Search” is OCN’s upcoming military thriller drama about a specialized search party that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and murders in the demilitarized zone (DMZ). The drama stars Jang Dong Yoon, f(x)’s Krystal, Moon Jung Hee, Yoon Park, and Lee Hyun Wook.

Director Im Dae Woong stated at the press conference, “The drama is mainly a military thriller. There are also other genres mixed in with that, so it would be best if you think of it as a hybrid genre.”

Jang Dong Yoon has taken the role of Yong Dong Jin, a passionate and optimistic young soldier who works as a military dog handler. He’s assigned to the search party when he only has a short time left in his mandatory military service.

He spoke about acting in his first genre drama at the press conference. “I think the biggest reason I chose to join the cast was how interesting the script was,” he said. “I chose it because, like the director said, even though this is a genre project there are aspects of it that the general public will find interesting, rather than just fans of the particular genre.”

Jang Dong Yoon also transformed his whole look to play his character. “I ate well and worked out a lot,” he said. “I put on a bit of weight too. I’ve lost it now, but I built up my physique to fit the character who’s a soldier and someone with strong physical abilities, since he’s a military dog handler and has to join the specialized search party too. Also, soldiers toward the end of their service do tend to put on some weight.” Director Im Dae Woong added, “On set, he really had the look of a soldier toward the end of his service.”

Jang Dong Yoon went on to talk about training with military dogs for the show. “The military dog was good at following orders at the training center because it was a familiar place,” he said. “Although the dog did have some experience being on a filming set, it took a little while for the dog to get used to things when we started filming.” He added, “I think the dog was the best actor out of the whole cast.”

jang-dong-yoon-1.jpeg

Krystal stars in “Search” as Son Ye Rim, a highly intelligent and capable lieutenant who joins the investigation as a special officer.

“I thought of the role of a female soldier as a challenge to take on,” she said. “Also, I chose the drama because I thought I could show a new side of myself as the script was so fresh and interesting.”

Before this new show, Krystal has shown her action chops in the OCN drama “The Player.” She said, “The action scenes that I did in ‘The Player’ involved getting in sync with my co-stars and punching. The action that you’ll see in ‘Search’ is a bit different. I thought it would be easy enough since it was my second time, but it was too different. As I play a soldier, I had to wield a gun on set when doing the action moves. I approached it with the thought that it was a new challenge.”

“One difficult thing was that all the search party members were filming in summer while wearing heavy helmets, carrying guns, and running around in the mountains,” she said. “That was a bit tough.”

krystal3.jpeg

Jang Dong Yoon and Krystal also talked about working together. Jang Dong Yoon said that one of the most popular songs among the soldiers during his time in the military was f(x)’s “Electric Shock.” He went on to say, “Krystal is very kind. She’s also quite soft-hearted and has an open mind. While we were acting together, we were able to work off each other really well.”

Krystal said, “I first met him at the script reading. At the time, I said to him that he seemed like someone that I’ve known for a long time.” She explained, “That’s how familiar he seemed, and that carried over on to the set too. We were comfortable with each other and helped each other. Also, he’s really mischievous.”

Director Im Dae Woong talked about the challenge of setting a military thriller drama in the DMZ between North and South Korea. “We needed realistic expressions and historical research,” he said. “There are also scenes where we use real newspaper articles and news broadcasts. We tried to make the clothes and equipment realistic too. It’s set in the DMZ, but we couldn’t actually go there to film, so the production team went through a lot of hard work to try to find somewhere similar.”

“Search” premieres on October 17 at 10:30 p.m. KST on OCN, and it will be available on Viki.

• Like 1