Jang Dong Yoon 장동윤 - Upcoming Drama 2021: Joseon Exorcist

kkddrraammaa

On 11/26/2019 at 11:08 PM, jstgt1501 said:
b41744e96138432ab6e02562938805f8.jpeg?s=

Jang Dong Yoon Talks About His Chemistry And Kiss Scenes With Kim So Hyun

Nov 26, 2019

by P. Lee

Actor Jang Dong Yoon talked about his chemistry with Kim So Hyun on “The Tale of Nokdu”!

Jang Dong Yoon debuted in NaverTV’s Web Drama “Game Development Girls” in 2016 and went on to appear in JTBC’s “Solomon’s Perjury,” KBS2’s “School 2017,” tvN’s “A Poem a Day,” tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine,” and KBS2’s “Just Dance.” He gained the most attention through his most recent project, KBS2’s “The Tale of Nokdu.”

The drama is a fun and romantic comedy set in the Joseon Dynasty about a man who dresses as a woman to enter a mysterious, women-only village, and a gisaeng-in-training, Dong Dong Joo, who doesn’t want to become a gisaeng (female courtesan). Jang Dong Yoon received praise for his portrayal of Jeon Nok Du, who dresses as a woman to discover the truth behind his birth and fights for power.

On November 26 at a cafe in Gangnam, Jang Dong Yoon had an interview about the finale of “The Tale of Nokdu” and talked about his chemistry with Kim So Hyun, which was well received by viewers.

Jang Dong Yoon said, “Other than my official fan cafe, I try not to read the public’s reaction. But I could sense the great love it was receiving through the fan cafe. At the set, I was very comfortable acting with Kim So Hyun. We worked well together so many people on set talked about it. They would say, ‘If this scene is aired, it will be really good.’ The director also said, ‘What you just did right now looked natural and good.’ I think meeting the cast two months before shooting to read the script together gave us time to get comfortable and get close with each other. It made a huge difference. Of course, I think having a personal bond helped me when I was filming and acting, and I think I will continue to have those thoughts when I act.”

This was Jang Dong Yoon’s first historical drama, but Kim So Hyun is known as a queen of historical dramas. When asked if he was given any advice, he responded, “She was being considerate and didn’t give advice. I had to ask her, ‘Please give me advice.’ It’s about caring and respecting each other. Because there were more love scenes than historical scenes that required advice, there were more moments where Dong Joo fell for Nokdu.”

“There were a lot of things that made it easier for me to act,” he went on to say. “For example, there were scenes where we would have to look at each other with affection while we cried and she would tell me, ‘Do whatever makes you comfortable,’ and ask me, ‘What should I do?’ She even advised me by saying, ‘I think it would be better if you could make my heart race a bit more,’ and we were respectful while helping each other. Because actors are cautious, they are sensitive to comments on their acting. She was very careful about that and helped me while being caring. She’s younger than me, but because she began acting at such a young age, I felt her wisdom. When I talk to her, she seems like a 21-year-old, but when she acts, she’s different. She is always relaxed so I have a lot to learn from her. She acted so comfortably.”

When discussing his kiss scenes with Kang Tae Oh and Kim So Hyun, Jang Dong Yoon said, “The episodes I looked forward to were episodes 9 and 10. The first kiss scene happened at the end and it was where I took my top off and confessed. I thought it would be very fun and I was very motivated, and I even thought it went well during rehearsal, but right when we started filming, I couldn’t do it. We had to get several shots at different angles so it was very uncomfortable. It was also the first time I kissed a man, so I couldn’t get used to it. And we joked around a lot.”

He continued, “It’s safe to say that it was the first of the many kiss scenes with Kim So Hyun. It wasn’t like it wasn’t there before, but before people would say we look like siblings, so it was easier to do it. We would say it’s part of the job and to make it look good, so it was easier when it came to screening and acting.”

The last episode successfully ended with a viewership rating of 7.3 percent. Jang Dong Yoon is taking a break after completing “The Tale of Nokdu” while reviewing his next project.

Cr.Soompi

I like the things he said about kim sohyun it explains the phenomenal chemistry they shared. 

• Like 2

Jang Dong Yoon - From "robber-catching hero" to ranks of star actors
2.jpg?type=e1920

Actor Jang Dong Yoon (27 years old) entered the ranks of trend-leading stars. After participating in catching the thief at a convenient store and suddenly embarking on the acting career, his life has completely changed. During the process of gradually feeling the excitement of acting, he met with the Mon-Tue drama "The Tale of Nokdu" (KBS 2TV) and started shining.

Jang Dong Yoon (as Nokdu) once became a hot topic for being too pretty when he disguised as a woman in the first half of the drama. He then showed off his masculine beauty through action scenes in the second half. In addition, his romantic story with Kim So Hyun (as Dong Joo) in the drama also received fervent responses and earned him great success. Thus, Jang Dong Yoon has been recognized for his acting skills and built a solid basis for a leap forward in the future. He said that catching thieves and becoming an actor seemed to be his destiny. He also demonstrated enthusiasm for acting, "Although I stepped into this field without knowing anything about it, thanks to that, I am able to feel more joy in acting."

htm_2019112717243675819.jpg

How do you feel when the drama ends?

- I have a great affection for Nokdu, so I couldn't hold back my tears when I was about to share my feelings in the final scene. The audience also gave lots of love for this character. It's my job to perform this role but my affection for it is as much as that of the audience or the fans. Perhaps I share the same regret with everyone who doesn't want to part ways with this role.

- Have you turned into a Nokdu's fan?

- No matter what, dressing up as a woman is still a real challenge. And I really love such challenging things because they give me many opportunities to endeavor. I practiced pilates and even practiced action scenes. I also practiced horse riding and swordsmanship. To play a man disguised as a woman, I researched a lot to have an appropriate tone. I made my tone of voice different to describe the difference between Nokdu and widow Kim. I don't want to express the character in a ridiculous way, or with "over the top" gesture, voice and posture or follow a typical standard. I have tried to find a point that reconciles these details.

- You will probably feel proud of your hard work

- “When playing widow Kim, there were many humorous scenes, but at times like that, it required more imaginative and exaggerated acting that the director wanted. It seems that the more I get involved in acting, the more I think exaggeration is suitable for comedic scenes. I think Nokdu is a very unique character. I feel proud that I tried hard and worked diligently to create this character and the role, and the character also received a lot of love from the public. Perhaps I have found my direction as an actor and I also find much joy in this new genre of acting."

- What was the most interesting thing to you?

- This was the first time I performed an action scene. I suffered from muscle pain every day but this scene was very interesting. I found the joy and the secret of co-starring with others as well as how to present funny parts without overacting, or how to let viewers accept the role without feeling objectionable.

- Many tell that you look so beautiful when playing this role.

- Cross-dressing is the decisive factor in the drama "The Tale of Nokdu". I think that once we act, it's best to enable viewers to sense the character's visual charm. I hoped to hear such compliments so I felt so proud. Of course, I was worried, too. The widow Kim has many fascinating elements so I was deep in thought. I was anxious about whether Nokdu would look less attractive when moving from the end of episode 7 to episode 8.

- The first half of the drama is softly interesting but the second half contains heavy stories.

- Because I predicted that the second half of the drama would progress in that direction, I was already psychologically prepared. Before filming, I was immersed in the story and emotions of Nokdu as a male so I wanted to quickly film these scenes. But after becoming a fan of widow Kim, I felt a bit regret that there was a change in the second half of the drama.

- How was the collaboration with Kim So Hyun?

- We felt comfortable as we worked well together. In scenes where the two shed tears due to their feelings for each other, So Hyun advised me to naturally act my feelings and even asked for a proper way to help me. She also encouraged me by saying things like "It will be okay if you make me flutter a little bit more" or "You have just done very well." We tried to respect and support each other. So Hyun is younger than me but it's not too much when saying she has lived her whole life for acting. So Hyun started her acting career when she was small and I can feel clearly her experience accumulated for such a long time. While acting, she becomes a completely different person.

- How do you manage your body?

- When I was filming the show "Explanation for Grandma" (MBC), I gained weight, compared to that time, I lost 3kg now. In scenes that revealing my body like at the end of episode 5, I couldn't let the audience see a skinny body so I struggled to adjust that. I have a very strict management of body fat. Normally, when I am actively exercising, I still maintain a fat percentage of about 7%, but this time I cut it down to 3 ~ 4%. Because my skeleton is not large, I can only practice to have a slim but solid figure (Laugh). That is what the director wants.

htm_20191127172447624546.jpg

- Don't you want to display your masculine appeal a little bit more?

- During the drama shooting, I wanted to build up my muscles to show striking differences between widow Kim and Nokdu. However, I couldn't do that since the director didn't allow me to do so. I was afraid that my muscles would grow so I didn't go to the gym and only did Pilates instead to strengthen my inner muscles and core. I also practiced contemporary dance, which I got to learn while joining the drama "Just Dance". It was a great help to stretch muscles and develop flexibility. I also walked a lot. I intended to go to appointments around Seoul on foot. I even walked for 5 hours. Walking was good for my mental health, too.

- What other film genres do you want to try?

- There are some genres making me feel new and interesting. These are action and comedy. I also felt the vibes of a historical drama. I'm planning to challenge myself with the genre that I have never tried while promoting strong points I gained through acting experience in rom-com dramas or romantic, lovely, gentle works that I joined before. If saying that in the past time, I have been confined to a certain limitation, now, I will try to balance everything.

- Making a debut via news on catching a robber, your life has now completely changed. If you can get back to that time, you would still catch that robber, wouldn't you?

- I am inherently the type who cared about other people's things, so I couldn't stand as I see that scene. Ever since I was a child, I have had a righteous heart. So if I see that incident, of course, I will still be willing to lend a hand.

- Have you ever been criticized for your acting in the past?

When thinking about it now, I find that becoming an actor after catching a robber was a fate. It's not easy to step into a world that I had no idea about. I didn't even know what I had to work hard for. I thought a lot about basic questions like 'What should I do?,' 'What would I try for?'. It's no coincidence that I became an actor, so I sought answers for myself, attempted from nothing, and enjoyed happiness in acting.

- Did you study in an acting school?

- I dropped out of that school after only a month. I felt that the education curriculum at the acting school didn't suit me so I mostly learned from my colleagues. The place that helped me the most was the filming set. There is no better place to learn acting than the filming set. As an actor, I grasp the issue and realize how to do it well. Since then, I have been more confident in the path I want to follow. I always develop, improve myself, and have never declined. As things get more interesting, my ambition is also heightened. I have found joy. It feels totally different from when starting things in a hurried way. And in the future, it will surely be even more different.

- It seems you are enjoying these new challenges.

- I'm quite daring and likes challenges. I think the acting path is very suitable for me because I'm the type of person who thinks positively and tries hard to the end. I once thought it was a new world that I absolutely could not enter, the world they lived in. I started and wondered if I could do it, but maybe I could choose it because I was more daring than others.

- What is the reason you chose a one-member-management company?

- When leaving the former management agency, I received many invitations, but I established a one-member management company and is running with my former company's manager. He has become an inseparable companion to me. The legal side is the same. (Laughter) I'm a director and also an actor in DongYi Company. I know the fans call me "Director Jang" and that has become widely known. The two of us started up with empty hands. Even now, we don't have an office. I am satisfied with this system because the work is the same, it is easy to understand and to focus on my career.

- You have become much more famous, but nothing seems to change?

- I don't know why I have to change. I think that changing because of gaining such things as popularity, money, and fame is just an excuse. I have changed from university student Jang Dong Yoon to me of the present, and I have realized that it doesn't matter if people don't change. Therefore, saying that we need to change is just an excuse. This is my value.

- Don't you have the ambition to win prizes at year-end awards ceremonies?

- I'm emptying my mind. As an actor, this is the stage that I want to do something right."

Reporter Hwang So Young hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr

Photo = DongYi Company

• Love 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

And I thought I wouldn't be able to love Jang Dong Yoon even more but after all his interviews, all I can say is I stan the right person ~! :heart:

And no wonder I also like Young Sik from When the Camellia Blooms when he was first introduced in the drama. It's funny how Young Sik was always catching criminals unintentionally there and then JDY being a catalyst catching a robber in real life :) This world needs more Jang Dong Yoon. I also need one in my life... HAHA..

I'm not even a quarter of JDY's personality and intelligence... and so he's becoming kind of an inspiration to me now that I feel like I should do more in this life...

This statement gets me all the time... it's never too late ^___^

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Q: roles u wanna do nx? #Jangdongyoon : -a lawyer/prosecutor -someone like hwang yongsik (WTCB),nosy, straightforward(bc he said that role close to his irl personality

2606d73ed7bf027a1fa07e6d75d2c5f8.jpg

#kimsohyun :  Next project that i want to do

-a villain role,a bullies, -action, investigation or dark genre story

EKgrMJjU0AALMIB?format=jpg%26name=900x90

perfect prosecutor :)

• Like 2

Oh my gosh, I woke up and boom... Dong Yoon is offered to star in a OCN drama? Is a role about a soldier? I hope we will have more info later :o 

These are so exciting news \o/ 

Edited:

More info abt the new drama:

Oh and also there's an interview that will air today abt his drama "The Tale of Nokdu" 

• Like 3

"IKR! It's like I'm actually establishing my theory that it's his character to be so paying attention towards people which ends up seeing him to be so in awe with his co stars hahaha" luce_13 @Twitter

I kinda agree with her lol I've watched almost all his behind the scenes with his male and female co-stars and he's like this!!! Kkk

• Like 2

EKlEf5jU0AA8ZTX?format=jpg&name=medium

Jang Dong Yoon In Talks For Upcoming OCN Military Drama

Nov 29, 2019
by S. Park

Jang Dong Yoon may be returning with a new drama!

On November 29, it was reported that Jang Dong Yoon would be appearing in OCN’s “Search” which is set to premiere in the second half of 2020.

“Search” is a military mystery drama about a secret operation in the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ). Jang Dong Yoon was offered the role of male lead Yoon Dong Jin, who is a sergeant with little time left in the military. The actor has already completed his mandatory military service and viewers can look forward to how he’ll use his experience for his new role if he chooses to accept the offer.

A source from OCN said, “‘Search’ is scheduled to premiere in 2020. Jang Dong Yoon received an offer for OCN’s fourth dramatic cinema ‘Search’ and is considering it.” A source from Jang Dong Yoon’s agency also stated, “He’s positively considering ‘Search.'”

Jang Dong Yoon made his debut through the 2016 web drama “Game Development Girls” (literal title) then went on to appear in “Solomon’s Perjury,” “School 2017,” “A Poem A Day,” “Mr. Sunshine,” “Just Dance,” and “Beautiful Days.”

The actor recently received lots of love for his performance in his latest drama “The Tale of Nokdu.”

Cr. https://www.soompi.com/article/1368600wpp/jang-dong-yoon-in-talks-for-upcoming-ocn-military-drama

• Like 3

Jang Dong Yoon Reveals His Favorite Girl Group While In The Military And What He Would Be Doing If He Wasn’t An Actor

Jang Dong Yoon Reveals His Favorite Girl Group While In The Military And What He Would Be Doing If He Wasn’t An Actor

Nov 29, 2019
by S. Cho

Jang Dong Yoon recently sat down for an in-depth interview about “The Tale of Nokdu,” his military service, and more!

In “The Tale of Nokdu,” Jang Dong Yoon played Jeon Nok Du, a man with looks, smarts, physical strength, and dreams to leave his small village and discover the secrets of his past. He stops at nothing to achieve this goal, even dressing as a women to enter a mysterious all-female community.

When asked whether he felt any pressure dressing up as a woman, the actor responded, “I came to do ‘The Tale of Nokdu’ after doing an audition. I knew I would have to dress as a woman, but that drew me [to the role] more. I thought the subject matter in itself was charming and that it would be a fun element to watch if I portrayed it well. Rather than pressure, my desire to do it came first.”

Jang-Dong-Yoon31.jpg

He also spoke about his chemistry with co-star Kim So Hyun, sharing, “Many people said So Hyun and I had good chemistry, but I think I just fit well with So Hyun’s colors. If we were both too strong, it would be hard to integrate, but I think both So Hyun and I meshed well with one another’s styles.” He added, “If any other actress were to fill Dong Joo’s role (Kim So Hyun’s character), I am positive that we would not be able to create the chemistry that So Hyun and I have now. That’s why I’m thankful.”

Jang Dong Yoon completed his military service before his debut in 2016, so not much about his experience is known. He was asked to share some stories about the military, and Jang Dong Yoon commented, “I held a [radio show called] ‘Jang Dong Yoon’s FM Radio’ before bed. It was pretty popular. Others would look forward to it, asking me, ‘Sergeant Jang Dong Yoon, are you doing the radio show today?’ I typically shared scary stories, and we talked a lot about relationships.”

When asked if there was a girl group he took particular interest in during his service, he answered, “I enlisted in May of 2012 and was discharged in February of 2014. I listened to f(x)‘s ‘Electric Shock‘ a lot. IU‘s ‘Every End of the Day‘ also lasts in my memory. They would play the music video at the training center. Like an oasis in the desert, all of the soldiers would watch mesmerized, and it left a lasting impression.”

Jang-Dong-Yoon51.jpg

When Jang Dong Yoon was a university student in 2015, he made an appearance on the news for catching a robber at a convenience store. His appearance and resulting popularity resulted in him receiving many casting offers, ultimately paving his career as an actor. When asked about this experience and how he became an actor, Jang Dong Yoon responded, “Like heaven had planned! I also think my personality matched well. If I was passive and an introvert, then I wouldn’t [have accepted casting offers], but I actively enjoyed trying new things. When a casting offer came in, I didn’t hesitate much. As I was given the opportunity, if I didn’t do it then, when would I do it? It’s something I may never be able to try again, and there’s a clear difference between trying something and not doing it versus not trying it and doing it later.”

Jang-Dong-Yoon6.jpg

When asked what he would be doing if he hadn’t become an actor, Jang Dong Yoon replied, “At the time of the [convenience store] incident, I was waiting to go work at a finance company after being accepted as an intern. I wasn’t able to work as I got to film ‘Women at a Game Company.’ When I abruptly told them I couldn’t come out because I thought I would become an actor, they were very disappointed. They said they would encourage my progress. I don’t know if they’re watching, but I apologize.”

Jang-Dong-Yoon41.jpg

He continued, “If I didn’t become an actor, there are many images that I can picture. I might be working at a company after becoming an intern and receiving the license I was preparing for. At my age, I might also have gotten married or be passing around my wedding invitations.”

Lastly, when asked if he had a goal as an actor, Jang Dong Yoon shared, “Since the career of an actor has many variables and is the repetition of contract work… my ultimate goal is just to share joy with others through good acting. If I were an office worker with a fixed future, I would be able to answer, but since I can’t, I have no choice but to answer vaguely.”

Cr. https://www.soompi.com/article/1368633wpp/jang-dong-yoon-reveals-his-favorite-girl-group-while-in-the-military-and-what-he-would-be-doing-if-he-wasnt-an-actor

• Like 3

The only variety show that I've watch that has JDY in it was Law of The Jungle (coz I love Eric). I remember him there as a sweet kid who was very capable. So after TTON, I am currently binge watching The Gashinas and Miss Korea. Wow this kid has a knack on picking out projects. Both meaningful shows, made me shed a few tears. Recommended watch, Thank God for Eng Sub. He were very good in both shows. Made me fall in love with him more, truly a good, kind and capable kid. Hoping him to continue picking good projects. 

On side note: I also loves other cast in both shows.

• Like 4

EKlXicyU0AAgUAI?format=jpg&name=small

“The Tale Of Nokdu” Cast Picks Favorite Scenes, Who Made The Most Bloopers, And More

Nov 29, 2019
by S. Cho

“Entertainment Weekly” caught up with the cast of “The Tale of Nokdu” at the drama’s wrap party.

On the November 29 episode of KBS2’s “Entertainment Weekly,” they interviewed various members of the cast of “The Tale of Nokdu.”

Regarding the end of the drama, Kim So Hyun, who played the lead Dong Dong Joo, shared, “It’s refreshing and sad. It’s just starting to sink in.” When asked who made the most NGs (bloopers), she hilariously picked herself, adding in an apology. She also picked Jang Dong Yoon as the mood maker on set, explaining, “I think he encouraged everyone with his incredible energy.” She sent her co-star a final message, saying, “Nok Du (Jang Dong Yoon’s character), you worked hard. I liked you a lot. Thank you for being there with me.”

Jang Dong Yoon picked his most romantic line to be, “What you see is me. So you have to answer.” He explained, “That’s when he is shirtless and first confesses his feelings to Dong Joo. [I liked] that he said without hesitation that the person she likes is him, once he was positive about his own feelings.”

He also spoke about his kiss scene with Kang Tae Oh, sharing, “When we were filming that part, I just couldn’t do it. There were many NGs. Thinking about it now, it’s a good memory.” When Kang Tae Oh arrived, he shared, “I was honestly really thankful that Dong Yoon took the lead. I felt that Nok Du was a man.” He added, “If we do it again, I will lead,” even re-enacting the scene on the spot.

Cr. https://www.soompi.com/article/1368649wpp/the-tale-of-nokdu-cast-picks-favorite-scenes-who-made-the-most-bloopers-and-more

"She also picked Jang Dong Yoon as the mood maker on set, explaining, “I think he encouraged everyone with his incredible energy.” - Kim So Hyun

:relieved: he's indeed full of energy!!! kkk HyperDY!!! 

EKoMV5SUYAEgjK-?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

Go watch The Gashinas if you get the chance. It's one of those rare variety shows that really speaks to the heart.

And something to look forward to next Sunday. Hopefully there will be plenty of updates from Dongyi Company plus the fans who get to attend his very first fan meeting:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Guest changed the title to Jang Dong Yoon 장동윤

Hottie Alert: The Tale of Why Jang Dong Yoon Must Get the Attention He Deserves

Nov 26, 2019 03:00 PM
If his good boy look doesn't give you a silent happy ever after promise, we don't know what will.

If his good boy look doesn't give you a silent happy ever after promise, we don't know what will.

We're certainly week for Dong Yoon oppa!

Dong Yoon first stepped into the spotlight when he helped caught a culprit in 2015. Spell hero.
Spoiler

Dong Yoon first stepped into the spotlight when he helped caught a culprit in 2015. Spell hero.

He's best known for his role in teen drama "School 2017."

Medical series "A Poem A Day" gave him the lead role as a Physical Therapy trainee.

Medical series "A Poem A Day" gave him the lead role as a Physical Therapy trainee.

This non-idol's too gorgeous not to star in a music video. Check out Bolbbalgan4's "Galaxy"!

This non-idol's too gorgeous not to star in a music video. Check out Bolbbalgan4's "Galaxy"!

In "The Tale of Nokdu," Dong Yoon dresses as a woman, and guess who he fooled? Us, obv.

In "The Tale of Nokdu," Dong Yoon dresses as a woman, and guess who he fooled? Us, obv.

Anyone say duality? You got the right man here.

Anyone say duality? You got the right man here.

We don't think we've ever seen a pair of eyes as expressive as his. Give him his daesang, stat!

We don't think we've ever seen a pair of eyes as expressive as his. Give him his daesang, stat!

Dong Yoon with puppies? How can we not love him?

Dong Yoon with puppies? How can we not love him?

That baby face can relieve our stress anytime of the day, we swear.

That baby face can relieve our stress anytime of the day, we swear.

SAVE

chalk-new-logo1.jpg

While there are plenty of names in our bias list, we cannot help but give actor Jang Dong Yoon the attention he deserves. He's effortlessly clean good-looking, a daesang-worthy star, and an emerging pro of chemistry-inducing dramas. And let us tell you, if it's duality you are looking for, this oppa is the one you should stan!

We first came to know Dong Yoon as that loyal bestfriend from the drama School 2017. From there, we started to witness how he rose from supporting to main roles in A Poem A Day and recently in tip-top historical romance The Tale of Nokdu, which is so satisfyingly hard to move on from. And if you only heard what a real-life superhero he is, without a doubt you won't be sleeping on him. Here, allow us to tell you in the gallery above!

cr. ABS CBS LIFESTYLE

https://lifestyle.abs-cbn.com/photos/2135/chalk/hottie-alert-the-tale-of-why-jang-dong-yoon-must-get-the-attention-he-deserves/#were-certainly-week-for-dong-yoon-oppa

• Like 1