Triad Princess

vReNDf.jpg

Network: Netflix

Genre: ActionComedyRomance

Episodes: 6

Airdate: Dec 6, 2019

Airtime: Fridays

Story:

Growing up in the shadows of her triad boss father, Angie craves an independent life of her own. Defying her father's wishes, she runs away from home and takes on a gig as an undercover bodyguard for a famous actress. She must now learn to navigate the unfamiliar world of glitz, glamour, and even love.

Cast:

Jasper Liu as Xu Yi Hang

Eugenie Liu as Liu An Qi

Amanda Liu as Na Na

Tsao Yu Ning as Zhuan Da Re

Joe Zhang as Wang Jin Guo

Hsin Tien as Tian Ni

Teaser:

• Love 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm really surprised this show hasn't been that popular on Soompi given that both Jasper and Eugenie are very much loved actors! I'm suspecting that the Netflix format is not doing the show any favours - Asian dramas tend to be shown in one go with only one season of somewhere between 12-20 episodes planned (with a few exceptions). The episodes are released weekly or twice weekly. Netflix on the other hand has been dividing most of their original shows into seasons, including Asian dramas (Eg. My First First Love). These are not only divided into short seasons (6 Episodes), but also released a year later. The first season is left on a cliffhanger and it confuses viewers where or not the show has been completed with a bad ending or yet to be continued (as there's no announcement of season 2)...I wish they'd look into it and change the way they're presenting Asian dramas!

As for Triad Princess, the story is pretty cool and I'm just watching it now, though I did write a blog post about it a while ago with all the pretty pictures...and just didn't have time to watch it until quarantine! So here is the first and second photo shoot for Triad Princess:

Blog post about Triad Princess Netflix Originals Photoshoot and other promotional pictures

JnTXODO.jpg

• Guest changed the title to [Taiwanese Drama 2019] Triad Princess 極道千金
  • 3 months later...

i've been waiting if there was ever gonna be a season 2 and yeah that ending was like... what?! why?! where?! and all that fun stuff when you don't really get an answer lol anyways, i really enjoyed it and was hoping for more, but it's still stuck at 6 episodes and i might just end up re-watching it in hopes that a season 2 will be announced or in the talk as it's been more than a year now.

• 4 weeks later...