[Variety] -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) Season 4 -8 DECEMBER 2019 [ YOO SEONHO added as new member DEC 2022

https://www.soompi.com/article/1368703wpp/the-king-of-mask-singer-changes-time-slots-to-go-up-against-2-days-1-night-master-in-the-house

“The King Of Mask Singer” Changes Time Slots; To Go Up Against “2 Days & 1 Night” + “Master In The House”

The battle for Sunday night variety show ratings is heating up in a big way!

On November 30, MBC officially announced that its popular singing competition “The King of Mask Singer” would be moving to a new time slot.

A representative of the broadcast network stated, “Starting from December 8, the air time for ‘The King of Mask Singer’ will change to every Sunday at 6:10 p.m.”

MBC went on to explain, “Rather than airing reruns during a key time slot, we will be swapping in a competitive program in order to strengthen our primetime programming.”

Earlier this month, KBS announced that its hit variety show “2 Days & 1 Night” would be moving to a new time slot on Sundays at 6:30 p.m for its upcoming fourth season, which kicks off on December 8. As SBS’s “Master in the House” also currently airs on Sundays at 6:25 p.m. KST, the new programming change means that the three public broadcast networks will be going head-to-head in a fierce competition for viewership ratings.

The next episode of “The King of Mask Singer,” which will not be affected by the time slot change, airs on December 1 at 5 p.m. KST. Starting on December 8, the show will air on Sundays at 6:10 p.m. KST.

• Like 3

4TH TRAILER ALREADY SUBBED BY KOCOWA ....  NEXT SUNDAY  1N2D S4 WILL START BROADCAST 

ENG SUBBED 

1ST Teaser

https://www.facebook.com/kocowa/videos/442682036439512/

2ND TEASER 

https://www.facebook.com/kocowa/videos/477099283159294/

3RD TEASER  BY KBSWORLD 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v-C3WTkboI

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.soompi.com/article/1369441wpp/2-days-1-night-pd-shares-thoughts-on-upcoming-season-differences-from-previous-seasons

“2 Days & 1 Night” PD Shares Thoughts On Upcoming Season & Differences From Previous Seasons

Producing director (PD) Bang Geul Yi from the upcoming “2 Days & 1 Night Season 4” shared her thoughts on the new season!

During her interview, PD Bang Geul Yi shared, “Since the cast has been largely replaced, I think [the show] will have plenty of new vibes without having to drastically change the format,” explaining that she will be directing in a manner that will enhance the original format. She continued, “Nonetheless, the special features of season 4 will be ‘travel’ and ‘people.’ I want to sincerely portray every nook and cranny of modern South Korea and provide viewers with vicarious satisfaction as if they were traveling with us.”

PD Bang Geul Yi also talked about how the new cast came to be. She said, “The biggest thought I had was that it would be nice to have a fresh combination. In order to differentiate ourselves, I felt the need for fresh faces that had not been seen on variety shows before.” She added, “I’m anticipating that there will be various fun points that will be created only because the majority of the members are complete rookies to variety shows.”

The producer also shared her thoughts on her first day of filming. “Since it was the first day of filming, I was nervous, and the members were also nervous, so everyone had slept fitfully [the night before]. The way everyone felt nervous and pressured actually transformed into passion, so we were able to film the entire day with overflowing energy. [The filming] was filled with moments of enthusiasm that even flustered Kim Jong Min, who has been filming ‘2 Days & 1 Night‘ for over 10 years.”

Finally, the producer shared her hopes with the viewers. She said, “I want to deliver to viewers the uncomplicated and friendly laughter from ‘2 Days & 1 Night,’ which has been loved for a long time. Of course we’ll have new ways of evoking laughter with the new cast and new format, but it’s not a completely different program, and I want to let it be known that it’s the same program that has been continuously receiving love. Please show lots of interest and anticipation for ‘2 Days & 1 Night Season 4,’ which will be filled with happy laughter and joy.”

“2 Days & 1 Night Season 4” is set to premiere on December 8 at 6:30 p.m. KST. Check out the latest teaser here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

https://www.soompi.com/article/1369527wpp/2-days-1-night-surprises-new-cast-with-their-first-mission

2019120501000288300017591.jpg

“2 Days & 1 Night” Surprises New Cast With Their First Mission

The first mission of KBS’s “2 Days & 1 Night Season 4” surprised even Kim Jong Min!

“2 Days & 1 Night Season 4” will reveal the confused members on their first filming day. When the members gather together at the opening location, they are introduced to the first mission. The mission tests the members’ ability to survive alone, a crucial requirement of the program. The members were unaware of the mission and are left alone in disbelief in different parts of Seoul.

Original member Kim Jong Min was also caught off guard by the unexpected mission and showed how absurd he found it with a smile. He was left in the middle of a street and said, “I don’t have a good sense of direction. Should I just go towards the direction of the moon?” Kim Jong Min is expected to make viewers laugh with his goofy solutions that are always new and showcase his skill at variety shows.

Expectations are high as viewers wonder if Kim Jong Min, as a 12-year veteran of “2 Days & 1 Night,” will successfully complete the mission and if the new cast will bring something different to the new season. Kim Seon Ho is rumored to have made people laugh with his awkwardness as he is new to variety programs. He randomly sprinted in the morning, showcasing his silly charm and further attracting attention to his actions to complete the mission.

On the first day of “2 Days & 1 Night Season 4,” some of the members quickly analyzed the situation and found their way, while other members got lost until dawn. Viewers will see the members’ mixed feelings of joy and sorrow.

“2 Days & 1 Night Season 4” will premiere on December 8 at 6:30 p.m. KST.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

KBS Variety Director Talks About “2 Days & 1 Night” Season 4, Background Checks On Cast Members, And Schedule Changes

On December 6, the director of KBS’s variety center, Lee Jae Woo, met with reporters ahead of the upcoming premiere of “2 Days & 1 Night” Season 4.

During this meeting, Lee Jae Woo shared his excitement for Season 4 and spoke about the major changes in the production staff. When Bang Geul Yi was hired as the main producing director (PD), she became the first female PD to lead a KBS variety show.

Lee Jae Woo said that they planned to make new content through the hiring of younger staff members and added, “We hope that this will create more opportunities for female PDs to be promoted in future.”

He continued, “Kim Jong Min is a person who has come to symbolize ‘2 Days & 1 Night.’ Who thought that he would appear from Season 1 to Season 4? He will show his charms as an awkward leader in Season 4.”

Lee Jae Woo was asked about conducting background checks on the cast members, given that Season 3 ended after Jung Joon Young came under investigation for illegal filming, distribution, and sexual assault. The director said that they invested a lot of time and effort into checking the new cast members thoroughly.

He said, “We conducted a thorough background check on the cast members. We combed through the Internet looking for the smallest indication of wrongdoing.”

It was recently announced that “The Return of Superman,” which changed its original time slot after “2 Days & 1 Night” went off air, will now be moved to 9:15 p.m. KST, putting it in competition with shows like SBS’s “My Ugly Duckling.” “2 Days & 1 Night” Season 4 will air at 6:30 p.m. KST instead.

Lee Jae Woo said, “Scheduling changes were unavoidable with the return of Season 4. The show ‘Boss in the Mirror’ has been doing well and recently surpassed 10 percent in ratings. Ratings are also rising in the 20-49-year-old demographic, so that show could not be moved from its time slot.” “Boss in the Mirror” airs from 5-6:30 p.m. KST, the spot originally occupied by “The Return of Superman” before it moved to accommodate “2 Days & 1 Night” going off-air.

Lee Jae Woo said, “I think that ‘The Return of Superman’ stands a chance of success [against ratings competition]. PD Kang Bong Kyu is someone to be remembered. He has an adventurous spirit as well as experience, so I’m sure he’ll do well.”

“2 Days & 1 Night” Season 4 will premiere on December 8 at 6:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1369974wpp/kbs-variety-director-talks-about-2-days-1-night-season-4-background-checks-on-cast-members-and-schedule-changes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 Things To Watch For As “2 Days & 1 Night” Returns With Season 4

The new season of KBS’s popular variety show “2 Days & 1 Night” is ready to delight viewers!

Season four of “2 Days & 1 Night” will premiere on December 8 at 6:30 p.m. KST with a brand new cast. Here are three things to watch for as old and new elements come together to create a fun and exciting show.

“New face” members to create great chemistry and laughs!

The six cast members for this season will be Yeon Jung HoonKim Jong MinMoon Se YoonKim Seon HoDinDin, and VIXX‘s Ravi. The combination of the six members is unexpected but fresh, and is set to bring laughs to viewers on Sunday nights. The teasers that have been released ahead of the premiere have already given viewers a taste of what they can expect.

Anticipation is rising as the cast share funny first impressions of each other, and face the dreaded Kkanari-cano (coffee mixed with sand eel sauce). Not only will viewers be able to enjoy new cast members going through new experiences, but they will also be able to feel a sense of familiarity as Kim Jong Min is set to help lead the show as the only person to appear in all four seasons. The chemistry they will show together will be one to watch.

2-Days-1-Night1.jpg

Fun chemistry between cast and crew + detailed directing

PD Bang Geul Yi will be the first main PD of the “2 Days & 1 Night” series and she is said to have gone toe to toe with the cast members in a battle of wits from the first day they filmed together, raising anticipation for the fun competition between the cast and crew that will take place.

In an interview, PD Bang Geul Yi had said, “As most of the cast members have been changed, I feel like the show will feel new enough without having to make drastic changes to the format.” The new PD is set to create a show that appeals to both long-time viewers of the series and people tuning in for the first time.

Bigger and better! The return of signature missions

Various missions and games that have created legendary moments in the past will come back. Games and quizzes created and popularized by the “2 Days & 1 Night” series will get a refreshing upgrade in the new season.

The opening segment of the first episode is ready to bring big laughs as it will feature 100 servings of Kkanari-cano, and the show’s staff is said to have worked hard to create hard but fun missions for the new cast to take on.

The fourth season of “2 Days & 1 Night” is set to premiere on December 8 at 6:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1370256wpp/3-things-to-watch-for-as-2-days-1-night-returns-with-season-4

=========================================

79372458_2807140739346138_48324181789088

Spoiler

79018659_2807140809346131_16861789360666

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it's being aired right now in S.Kor? Been in and out of Soompi for a while... when I saw the teaser, I don't know why but I got excited. Though it will be uploaded on YT a bit late, I'll try with other apps. Coincidentally, when I saw the teaser, my phone is playing "Remember Forever" 

• Like 1

“2 Days & 1 Night Season 4” Premiere Beats Out “My Ugly Duckling” To Achieve Highest Variety Ratings Of The Night

KBS 2TV’s “2 Days & 1 Night Season 4” kicked things off with a bang last night!

On December 8, the beloved reality show returned for its highly-anticipated fourth season, and despite a change in its time slot (the show now airs at 6:30 p.m. KST on Sundays), it premiered to the highest viewership ratings achieved by any variety show that night.

According to Nielsen Korea, the first episode of “2 Days & 1 Night Season 4” scored average nationwide ratings of 12.5 percent and 15.7 percent for its two parts, easily beating the other programs airing during the same time slot.

MBC’s “The King of Mask Singer,” which also changed time slots this week (it now airs at 6:10 p.m. KST) to overlap with “2 Days & 1 Night Season 4,” scored average ratings of 6.4 percent and 8.3 percent. SBS’s “Master in the House,” which airs at 6:25 p.m. KST, scored average ratings of 4.9 percent and 6.7 percent for the night.

SBS’s “My Ugly Duckling,” which has enjoyed a long and seemingly unbeatable run as the most-watched variety show of Sunday nights, fell slightly short last night with average ratings of 13.8 percent, 15.1 percent, and 14.8 percent for its three parts.

Which of these variety shows are you watching? Let us know in the comments below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1370409wpp/2-days-1-night-season-4-premiere-beats-out-my-ugly-duckling-to-achieve-highest-variety-ratings-of-the-night

==================================

Yeon Jung Hoon Reveals His Wife Han Ga In’s Reaction To His Joining “2 Days & 1 Night”

Yeon Jung Hoon talked about his wife Han Ga In on the highly-anticipated premiere of “2 Days & 1 Night Season 4”!

On the December 8 episode of the KBS variety show, the members set off on their first trip together and bonded while talking about how they had joined the cast.

During their car ride, Kim Jong Min said, “I was shocked when I saw the article about Yeon Jung Hoon [joining the cast]. How did it happen?” The actor replied, “I’d been wanting to appear on variety shows for a while,” and the other members reacted with surprise. DinDin joked, “Oh, but the shows didn’t cast you.”

Moon Se Yoon asked, “How did [Han Ga In] respond?” and Yeon Jung Hoon replied, “She told me to do it, of course. My wife is the one who first suggested that I try my hand at variety shows.”

2-Days-1-Night2.jpg

Moon Se Yoon later asked Kim Jong Min, “Which of the new members do you think will see the most benefit from appearing on ‘2 Days & 1 Night’?” Kim Jong Min answered, “Kim Seon Ho.”

When asked about how he had ended up appearing on the show, Kim Seon Ho explained, “When I received the offer, I was worried because I wasn’t sure if I could do a good job. But I thought it’d be fun, and I was a fan of the show. So I asked the staff about the other members, but they wouldn’t tell me [who else was appearing] up until the very end.”

Moon Se Yoon then made everyone laugh by joking, “So by the time you saw the other members, it was already too late for you to back out.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1370365wpp/yeon-jung-hoon-reveals-his-wife-han-ga-ins-reaction-to-his-joining-2-days-1-night

===================================

1st episode 

DINDIN  CAN DRINK CANARY 4X TIMES 

SEONHO-JUNGHOON LUCKY GOT  AMERICANO - SEONHO WIN WITH 5 TIMES  AND JUNGHOON GOT 4TIMES  + ANOTHER ONE HE DRINK CANARY FOR GET MONEY TO BOUGHT SUV 

• Thanks 1

I watched the new episode and quite frankly i like it.. There is of course some awkwardness not hearing things that you supposed to hear (aka CTH laugh) but i like the chemistry between guys and the episode overall.. The toilet thing made me laugh a lot and i wouldn't know someone can drink Kkanaricano 3 times :D 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I wasn't expecting this cast to be awkward like s3 from the start, since you have dindin, moon seyoon and ravi who appear in variety a lot. Some of the cast members are bound to have seen one another more than once in other shows. Ravi went on amazing saturday twice which MSY is a regular cast member. Sunho went once. 

S4 isn't starting in a precarious ratings environment like s3 did. There's a good foundation laid there so hopefully s4 will continue doing well from here.

• Insightful 1

I thought the premiere was surprisingly funny. It's kind of an oddball cast on paper, but I liked them together. I can't believe three of them drank the Kkanaricano. The production team obviously couldn't believe it either lol. I saw that knetz were complaining that the PD was shown too much, but I honestly didn't notice. 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, lyd89 said:

I wasn't expecting this cast to be awkward like s3 from the start, since you have dindin, moon seyoon and ravi who appear in variety a lot. Some of the cast members are bound to have seen one another more than once in other shows. Ravi went on amazing saturday twice which MSY is a regular cast member. Sunho went once. 

S4 isn't starting in a precarious ratings environment like s3 did. There's a good foundation laid there so hopefully s4 will continue doing well from here.

season 3 just start  after s2 finish .. but season 4  continue broadcast  after rest 9 month with problem  1 ex -member s3 .. 

season 3 

OSIYOhP.png

season 4  rating 1st epi 

srTpGas.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1