[Variety] -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) Season 4 -8 DECEMBER 2019 [ YOO SEONHO added as new member DEC 2022

Kim Jongmin - Jegi Master :-)

These two trips have been whirlwind.  Like the PD wants to cram all the favorite games/missions in so long-time viewers will feel comfortable with the new season.  But I'm also looking forward to seeing new games, new directions.  I hope she'll get more ambitious as the new members start to settle in.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Thank you so much, @kjmcth for starting a thread for Season 4.

I must say that, 3 episodes into the inning, I love all the cast of this new season and their chemistry.  No awkward first-meeting-day vibes at all!

The cast are a good mix. As we say in Filipino, "walang patapon" (wala = no; patapon = deserving of being thrown out due to being useless).

They seem to be genuinely friendly, easygoing, good-hearted guys of a generally happy outlook, and who are just so happy and proud to be part of the show!

Dindin and Se Yoon may bicker constantly but it's good-natured bickering--something one usually does in the safety net of friendship, so viewers don't feel bad because no one is being belittled. Their bickering contributes a lot to the entertainment value of the show (and so does the visuals, dorkiness, and other pleasing traits of the rest).

As of now, there is no looking down on or singling out anybody for being dumb or pushing someone out of preferred groupings (or complaining about being grouped with somebody in particular). I loved S3 (love tapered to like during the tail end of the season) but there were times that I felt bad for Jongmin during team mate selection scenes. I know it was for the sake of variety fun, but for me what the rest did sometimes smacked of meanness (and spiralled to being downright predictable and irritating as it became repetitive). I'm glad that no one in this season's cast seems to have a mean bone in him. And surprise: Jongmin has been elevated to the status of an ace!

Also, no hate please, just my opinion--I find the cast in this season more refined in both appearance and character (even if they do seem lacking in the intelligence-of-the-book-learning-kind department. But then, this too is part of their charm).

Also, they seem more fun loving in a relaxed way. They genuinely seem to enjoy being in the show! Even the mathyung participates in the games actively and celebrates game wins just as enthusiastically!

I really have more to say but this is already a long post.

Just 2 more things:

(1)

For those who like Seon Ho, you may wish to watch MBC's 2-episode romcom, "You Drive Me Crazy" (starring him and Lee Yoo Young--the late Kim Joo Hyuk's girfriend at the time of his demise). I fell in love with his character there. The story and the acting are both great. It was a heart-tingling, emotionally satisfying watch for me.

(2) @kjmcth Can you kindly post the link to this thread in the Season 3 one? I don't know how to do it (post a link).

I spent several days checking if there was a season 4 thread, none came up in Google results. It was only when I tried retrieving my old soompi account in order to log in to the season 3 thread (to make this same request when I saw @lyd89's post saying that the s4 thread was already up) that I saw this thread. And boy, am I happy to see it! Enough at least to pry myself off the woodwork and post here after a long, long time. On Christmas eve at that. :)

Happy 2d1n watching again, everyone! I sure missed this show.

A blessed Christmas to you and your families!

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

If I didn't know better, I'd have thought you were me @Leedyah :lol:. From season 2 and season 3, I always feel bad for Jong Min for always being put aside. Although S3 went by a bit better with Junho in the line, he was still at the bottom of the pick. I mean, I know the others just wants to win but he's just pitiful. lol, especially when he was blatantly disregarded. So, everytime he does something unexpected, I just feel so proud for him. :joy: I really hope this season, he'd be more appreciated. Atleast, continued to be appreciated and wanted in a team lol! 

Jung Hoon and Sun Ho. Their love and pride for being part of the show is just endearing. It makes me happy that they're so excited and wanted to show it off. They're also not pressured by breaking off their actor-persona. They just seem so natural and don't really mind that they're going to ruin their image. My only hope is for them to be able to focus both by being a member for a long time and a serious actor.

I actually know Dindin from some other variety shows, so I already expected him to fit in well. Especially with how noisy he is. Lmao. I also expected him to not be too welcomed by the Korean netizens. I don't want to say viewers because most of the time, those who comment that hates him already just don't really like him. Whenever I see him in other shows, I'm not a fan of him but I don't really not like him either. But seeing his dynamics with the members, I can say, I know I will like him. He knows how to play along with jokes against him.

Se Yoon was someone I was worried of, mostly. I kinda expected him to be like Defconn on his first trips. But, first episode in and I didn't feel like he was acting too over the top to be funny. My little sister who I was watching with mentioned that Se Yoon was doing a few things Defconn did to be funny, but she did not feel annoyed by it. For some reason, he does it more naturally.

Ravi. The most thing I'm worried about when Ravi was announced was: his fans. As most people know, Idol fans can be ruthless. I am worried about backlash. Especially since VIXX has a mostly international fans. The 1N2D communities seem silent about him though. I mostly see posts about Dindin and Seon Ho. 

Once again, I'm excited to see the dynamics of the new casts! I want to see the new teams and pairs in the future. For pairs, I'm seeing SeYoon-DinDin, JungHoon-Ravi and JongMin-SunHo. They seem to tease each other a lot. Even the changing their pair of pants, they switched together lol,

On 12/24/2019 at 10:58 AM, Leedyah said:

(2) @kjmcth Can you kindly post the link to this thread in the Season 3 one? I don't know how to do it (post a link).

I spent several days checking if there was a season 4 thread, none came up in Google results. It was only when I tried retrieving my old soompi account in order to log in to the season 3 thread (to make this same request when I saw @lyd89's post saying that the s4 thread was already up) that I saw this thread. And boy, am I happy to see it! Enough at least to pry myself off the woodwork and post here after a long, long time. On Christmas eve at that. :)

Oh, same. I don't know how I stumbled to this thread but I thought there was no soompi forum for S4. Also made effort in looking around google and I ended up with nothing. I guess we should start spreading the link to atleast show up somewhere lol.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

Hi, @supernatural093 Love your post!

I, too, read some comments expressing misgivings/wariness re: Dindin, but I saw nothing worth disliking in him and in his actions and interactions with the rest in the past episodes. His being talkative is actually a plus to the show as it balances the less voluble nature of the others.

I, too, at one point, felt some misgivings about Se Yoon. This was during the 1st episode when he pointed out to Seon Ho (with a hint of serious blame in his tone), that he (Seon Ho) already made two mistakes. If there's one thing that, for me, makes this season a more relaxing and enjoyable watch, it's the absence of an aggressive blame game.  A comment made in the site where I watch the show captures my sentiment effectively:

members in previous season when they lose game "it's all ur fault!"
members this season "it's ok, who would have thought u would kick the jegi 2 times only."

"It's my fault I should do better."

I really hope they can keep the blame game down to this low-key, non-demoralizing, joking manner all throughout this season.

15 hours ago, supernatural093 said:

Once again, I'm excited to see the dynamics of the new casts! I want to see the new teams and pairs in the future. For pairs, I'm seeing SeYoon-DinDin, JungHoon-Ravi and JongMin-SunHo. They seem to tease each other a lot. Even the changing their pair of pants, they switched together lol,

Had a vague impression of this. Your pointing this out made the impression definite.

Yes, I really hope there's a way to make 1d2n fans know that this thread is up as they, too, may be searching for this. Reading others' comments and insights after watching an episode really ups our enjoyment and satisfaction in the show.

(Sorry for the big words. English is not my first language so I'm not really good at conversational English; my English is of the formal, business-like variety. But rather than spend eons working on framing my sentences more conversationally, only to abandon both effort and post, I would rather post things the way they are now and just hope for your understanding).

• Like 2

29 DEC 2019 MBC ETERTAINMENT AWARDS JNGMIN ATTEND THAT AWARD BECOZ HE HAS SHOW WITH MBC -ALSO SUNDAY SOLO -NIGHT = that show about history 

jongmin just nominated .... already long jongmin dont has show with mbc as regular cast  

81245614_112756323569671_456452999623160

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I want to see how their unity falls apart in next episode.

I want them to start being nasty to each other :lol::lol: 

Because that's how they start their bond of brotherhood.

When Jongmin prepared the ssam for Seyoon during dinner I wish he would put a lot of garlic inside, like he would do each other with Joonho. That kind of small silly thing can bring a lot. To us viewers and to the new members.

I think we have to thank Seyoon and Dindin with their Tom n Jerry antics. Those two bickering with each other melts the ice quickly.

I can't help but adoring Junghoon with his fanboying the show. He looks like a kid so proud of his new toy :D 

I like how he's incapable awkward mathyung just like our beloved Joohyuk.

I hope the show will do well. The new pd could do more twists here and there, like Na pd and Yoo Hojin pd did well in previous seasons.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS! :)

On 12/27/2019 at 12:48 PM, Leedyah said:

(Sorry for the big words. English is not my first language so I'm not really good at conversational English; my English is of the formal, business-like variety. But rather than spend eons working on framing my sentences more conversationally, only to abandon both effort and post, I would rather post things the way they are now and just hope for your understanding).

I'm just glad I had others who shares the same thoughts as I am. And about that, no need to worry. I am the same, lmao. Sometimes I become worried that my comments turn out so long no one will read them too. Hahaha! I just like reading other people's thoughts about the things I like myself. Right now, I try to be active in platforms until more fans talk about the show. I just hope we slowly gain more fans because I really like this show to do well :D So glad the members are likable though. <3 

• Love 1

On 12/31/2019 at 7:50 PM, Jayne Nasution said:

When Jongmin prepared the ssam for Seyoon during dinner I wish he would put a lot of garlic inside, like he would do each other with Joonho. That kind of small silly thing can bring a lot. To us viewers and to the new members.

:D Same same. I was really at the edge hoping for him to me mischievous. KJM seems to be forgetful a lot of times. Like how I think he forgot to do their slogan whenever they have to jump into the water. Which he tried to ask from Se Yoon but unfortunately, he has no idea it was to shout ilbak then others join to shout il. I think he still can't bring himself to be silly for now. The others practically always praise him and looks up at him. Although they're not that awkward, they're also not that close right now. Unless, someone starts being teasing him for him to tease back.  Otherwise, he needs some time to adjust. Hahaha

I think we have to thank Seyoon and Dindin with their Tom n Jerry antics. Those two bickering with each other melts the ice quickly.

Ahh, really. I'm also glad for this pair's dynamic. I see a lot of others who seem to dislike Seyoon for being mean to Dindin, but they just seem close to be able to do or say the stuff they're saying to each other? Which also kinda baffles me because most of these people who keeps mentioning it are big fans of S3 too. And man oh man, S3 members has done and said something much meaner to each other than what these who has been doing so far. :))

hope the show will do well. The new pd could do more twists here and there, like Na pd and Yoo Hojin pd did well in previous seasons.

Yeah, she could also start to be more strict. I like to think she's trying to ease the new members into the show before she goes all strict from time to time as well. The members right now are still being generous but some are beginning to complain that they're letting the winners feed the losing members. 

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing more new viewers and fans to join the communities. Other S3 fans has started to like S4 but sometimes they just can't help but to compare. With fresh new fans, we can atleast spread more love :) I expected Ravi's fans to be all over 1N2D SNS platforms but they seem tame. (haven't tried going around twitter yet though lol)

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 12:34 AM, mugwump said:

Kim Jongmin - Jegi Master :-)

These two trips have been whirlwind.  Like the PD wants to cram all the favorite games/missions in so long-time viewers will feel comfortable with the new season.  But I'm also looking forward to seeing new games, new directions.  I hope she'll get more ambitious as the new members start to settle in.

audacity temp mail origin

I'm sure in every variety, each person has its role

That's why every season may feel the same though the members are changed

Edited by Fleurrose
  • Like 2