[Variety] -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) Season 4 -8 DECEMBER 2019 [ YOO SEONHO added as new member DEC 2022

staff asked member 3 things they want bring to uninhabited island

JUNGHOON - tool and knife (make fire) & water
Jongmin -10 servings of pork belly, a gas burner, and a frying pan
Seyoon- portable toilet , kimchi, music
Seonho - water, script, and beef jerky, another member joke let using seonho script to making fire
Dindin - knife with a burner pot, and firestick
Ravi - ramen, shampoo, and body wash.

PD , “I have prepared all the items you want but I can't just give them.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 3/9/2020 at 8:32 AM, kjmcth said:

8 MARCH 2020
1) KBS 1N2D S4 EPISODE 14 12.8% (+2.8%)

2) MBC MASKED SINGER 9.4%

3) SBS MASTER IN THE HOUSE 7.4%

=========

1 MARCH 2020

1) MBC MASKED SINGER 10.3%
2) KBS 1N2D S4 EPISODE 13 10.0% (+0.6%)
3) SBS MASTER IN THE HOUSE

90084321_141183224060314_297310987564456

-15 MARCH 2020-

1) KBS 1N2D S4 EPISODE 15 

13.0%  (+0.2%)

2) MBC MASKED SINGER 

10.7% 

3) SBS MASTER IN THE HOUSE  5.3% 

BEST SCENE 1 MINUTE TIME BUSHCRAFT CHALLENGE  20.1%

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, kjmcth said:

staff asked member 3 things they want bring to uninhabited island

JUNGHOON - tool and knife (make fire) & water
Jongmin -10 servings of pork belly, a gas burner, and a frying pan
Seyoon- portable toilet , kimchi, music
Seonho - water, script, and beef jerky, another member joke let using seonho script to making fire
Dindin - knife with a burner pot, and firestick
Ravi - ramen, shampoo, and body wash.

PD , “I have prepared all the items you want but I can't just give them.”

90109457_141236547388315_716134601886321

Spoiler

90140983_141237814054855_648925075449315

junghoon item 

90154560_141235790721724_908087687608323

Spoiler

90096204_141237910721512_406049948650858

jongmin item 

90308833_141237404054896_158321552616587

90281036_141237647388205_908476056590090

Spoiler

90096204_141237910721512_406049948650858

90071876_141237987388171_832558782460670

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Loved this episode.

It really feels like, having done the necessary teambuilding, 2d1n is now shifting to a higher gear.

Kviewers seem to have loved this episode as well, judging from the ratIngs.  I can't understand though why the past 2 or 3 episodes did not rate well when I thought they were good and enjoyable as well.

In this episode, I felt bad for Jongmin though during the premium island voting round. One member said he voted for the laziest (and, I assume, the person he thought contributed the least). Jongmin wasn't lazy. And as the pd team highlighted later,  he actually bought in two of the best things they needed/were happy about: water and samgyupsal. And he actually stood by his word and did not betray his Kim brothers.

Now, I know this is a variety show and things like this make for interesting twists. I also understand that the team may have singled out Jongmin for the solo island stay because he, of them all, could survive it best, being the most experienced 2d1n member.

I felt bad, not because of the ganging up--I enjoy goodnatured ribbing; I even enjoy variety show betrayals, Kwangso or Runningman style--but because it felt like there was ill-will in it.  I think Jongmin felt that, and I think he teared up a bit because of that.  

Maybe though that's simply how MSY is, variety-wise. Or maybe it just rubs me the wrong way that, whenever MSY makes a mistake or a foolish move, he is quick to make light of it; everyone goes along and laughs it off. But pity Dindin or Jongmin when they make a mistake that costs the group something; MSY is sure to latch on to it and bring it up over and over again as if that was the one and only mistake made that day, or it was that particular one that sank the ship.

Other than this, one could also feel the palpable concern they had for Seonho when they realized his boat was the one headed for the deserted island. I understand that, but it felt like, deep in their heart, they resented Jongmin for it. They could have lightened things up by goodnaturedly teasing Jongmin about it, but it seems like they did not even pay him any attention after that. The last part showed Jongmin waving and bidding everyone goodbye, but the clip did not show anybody waving back to him or responding. It made me wish Jongmin had just picked up the worse destination as everyone wished.

I hope this last was just an editing thing though. I like this season's members and it would be sad if small resentments start creeping up this early and start marring their "teamship."

Teasing, put downs, and variety-betrayals are good and make the program more entertaining. It's more enjoyable though if this is done in good taste, when it's clear to the member concerned and to the viewers that it's all for entertainment's sake  (i.e., it's nothing personal) and no one is really being looked down on, or if the members doing the intense or even extremely sarcastic put downs are solid, solid friends and care deeply for each other in real life (the way the Runningman members are and do).

Oh well, I think I'm just a sensitive (in what most would perceive as in a negative way) soul.  

Forgive me for ranting here. I'll get over this :)  I still love the show. I'm just starting to dislike MSY. A pity, cause he really is a very important member of the team (I actually think he is the informal leader), smoothens things out--intros, transitions, what-have-yous--with well-timed comments, and prevents dead air with his constant patter. I just hope he'll be a bit more discerning in some areas.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Haha, I think this is what happens when your government imposes COVID 19-related quarantine in your area.

You have too much time in your hands, and you have the luxury of over-analyzing and brooding on even the most trivial of things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leedyah said:

Kviewers seem to have loved this episode as well, judging from the ratIngs.  I can't understand though why the past 2 or 3 episodes did not rate well when I thought they were good and enjoyable as well.

I think because of the sudden influx of viewers caused by everyone doing home quarantine. I noticed how the past few episodes, Master in the House (MITH) of the same time slot suddenly started going up while 1N2D and Masked Singer both went down. I think people are trying out other shows and the fact that MITH at the time of the rise of its rating have trot singers as guest helped too (considering how popular the show Mr. Trot is right now, their ratings are still going up holy crap). I went and made a visual :w00t: lmao! Notice how after Feb 23, 1N2D didn't decrease. Although it only went up a little, the next episodes show that viewers are still going for 1N2D. 

nqtG8Hg.png

I really hate how haters of this season keep saying that the ratings are dropping while they are reading it the wrong way, so I decided to check the ratings every week lmao. Other people seem to be reading and comparing weekly ratings of the same show, which is not right. This is why people get sad when ratings suddenly dropped, when in reality, there was an event or something else catching K-viewer's attention at the time. What we should be doing is by comparing the ratings of the shows from the same time slot then compare it from their previous episodes. 

4 hours ago, Leedyah said:

In this episode, I felt bad for Jongmin...

I am completely with you on this insight. Seriously, my heart ached for Jong Min when they edited that tears on his eyes. I think Se Yoon and Jong Min can be awkward at times because Se Yoon is taking the reigns as a sub-leader of the group but the fact that KJM is older and has been with the show the longest makes it a bit weird (from my observation). It could have helped if it was someone he's been comfortable with and has worked with for a while. As much as I really felt weird when Se Yoon said that, I think I can also understand it after some time. The thing is, Jong Min can be lazy sometimes lol. With Season 1 and 2, he's one of the youngest members. They can easily tell him what to do and he helps, when he lazes around and do something crazy, the members really react to it well. With Season 3, everyone kinda has the same vibe hahaha. With season 4, all the other members are just hard working. Like they're really a goody two shoes kind of people. They seem to be the ones who will try to look for what to do if the others are busy and working hard. KJM's more into the variety mode. If it weren't for KJM trying to stir something up, the 30-minutes they were given would have ended up like a documentary or Law of the Jungle style. 

I'm also really grateful for that editing they did to compile what he did the entire time. If it had ended just like that, with JongMin waving at them but no one is seen waving back, I would feel quite bitter about what happened. And I'd feel worried because it would really leave a bad taste to the mouth. Others would probably throw blind hate. But that ending really smoothened out everything about that voting part. :D

• Like 2

I just love this week episode..long time not to betrayal  last season we have Kim Junho:D. The plot twist at the voting part make me laugh the whole time:lol:

Now seems everyone have gel to each other. 

• Like 3

Continuation of above; couldn't edit the comment, not sure why:

Thanks for the ratings comparison among the competing programs. I rarely go through the trouble of checking those out. Even for 2d1n, it was just very recently that I took to checking the episode ratings every Monday. @kjmcth spoiled me :) I used to rely on her weekly ratings updates, and when I couldn't cHeck out the posts in this forum the past few weeks, I was forced to do my own checking. Your explanation as to the probable reasons why the ratings were as they were was really helpful.

Thanks as well for sharing your thoughts on the "lazy Jongmin" thing.  After reading your post, I now see things more clearly and in context. I think the team dynamics during the different seasons are indeed as you explained them.

Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective on this episode. I truly look forward to reading your (and those of other forum members as well) posts on future episodes.

Annyeong for now. Keep safe everyone!

• Like 2

No problem @Leedyah. I was quite the same a few years back. Looking at the ratings of 1N2D makes me sad whenever the ratings sunk down. I see it being used to mock Season 4 a lot though, as well as others genuinely worried about the sudden decrease, so I really want to explain the situation and spread the information since the only place I read people explaining about it is in koreanvariety subreddit. :D This would really help actual fans to feel more at ease whenever they see the ratings.

Yeah, JM can be frustrating at times that I'd be like, 'you brought this to yourself' while feeling bad and laughing at the situation at the same time. Another thing I noticed is that, one of the reason why him almost tearing up about the betrayal made me feel bad was because the others tried consoling him (in this kind of situation, I'd really tear up even though I know I would be able to hold it in) and are starting to feel bad voting him lmao previous seasons would make light of it or they would laugh or berate him (((:

And yes, thanks for sharing as well! :D I'm really glad for @kjmcth for always making sure to update the thread. It makes others see that there's still people visiting it. Hopefully we can have more people to come here and just talk about the season :D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 451lag said:

I just love this week episode..long time not to betrayal  last season we have Kim Junho:D. The plot twist at the voting part make me laugh the whole time:lol:

Now seems everyone have gel to each other. 

Yes! I'm starting to feel like the new production staff are starting to adjust, trust issues and betrayals has already begun. When they get pit against each other, it's gonna get better. I hope. :lol:

• Like 1

KJM is a 13 year veteran and variety pro.  I'm sure he suggested the alliance to shake things up, fill the air time, and maybe even hoped/expected he'd get betrayed.  As others have pointed out, everyone's been a little too nice to each other up til now.  

None of this is real.  It's all for the show.

• Insightful 1

Honestly I stopped watching the show since S3 ended. I decided to have a break since I got devastated with the sudden outcome of my favorite show. I wanted to download the subbed episodes but dramacool website didn't upload the updated episodes until last month ago. I finally was able to download all S4 episodes but I got hooked on Kdrama Forest. Now when I finally wanted to watch this show, my external drive/ storage got corrupted and need formatting which will erase all my saved files (all kdramas/ 2d1n S1-S4 episodes/KVariety shows/ kmovies)... I have to download again to be able to watch (smoothly without ads/ buffering).  :tears:

I visit this thread weekly (every now and then) to see some updates and comments.

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread updated and so glad to read comments and different views from all of you. Keep safe and healthy everyone! :wub: